Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) (21164 Views)

Kano Residents Seen Swimming In Stagnant Water After Heavy Downpour (Video) / Governor Bala Mohammed Holding His Umbrella Under Heavy Downpour / Pictures Of Heavy Equipments Moved To Boro Port. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Rtk4: 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2023
After a very heavy downpour in Plateau state yesterday September 17, 2023. A very bad flooding was experienced. A lot of houses were destroyed, about two popular bridges collapsed and many destructions Recorded.

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Rtk4: 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2023
More Photos

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Trust22(m): 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2023
Chai

1 Like

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by TruthsFM: 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2023
Haaa this one is much

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by lordm(m): 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2023
Na WA o
Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Rtk4: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2023
The second picture is the photo of a collapsed bridge which is the only bridge linking two communities.

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by gaby(m): 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2023
Kai

This poses a huge health risk for the population.

One can imagine the amount of filth that'd be floating and resident in these waters considering the unsanitary nature of most of these communities in terms of lack of proper waste disposal, open defecation, etc.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Hezzyluv: 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2023
Is like it rained heavily all over the country yesterday.

7 Likes

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Dest8sman: 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2023
Satellite town yesterday was worst.

2 Likes

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Rtk4: 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2023
Dest8sman:
Satellite town yesterday was worst.
waooo, so i heard oooo. The thing wasn't funny at all.

2 Likes

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Enoch07: 8:56pm On Sep 17, 2023
Well, I'll just blame climate change and move on

2 Likes

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by nepapole(m): 9:10pm On Sep 17, 2023
Flood everywhere. . Not only naija... it is well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by kokakola: 8:04am On Sep 18, 2023
Well done OP.

But, you should have specify the locations that were flooded in Jos for better reporting.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by flokii: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2023
Omo.. this is serious o.
It's even risky for the houses along that flood route cos they might eventually collapse.

Which way Naija?.

1 Like

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Skillsnigeria: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2023
That's bad
Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Oscarchims: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2023
Omohh... Rivers State own nova come, Bayelsa nova come... And the government is not effective to tackle the already predicted situation
Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Protuner: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2023
gaby:
Kai

This poses a huge health risk for the population.

One can imagine the amount of filth that'd be floating and resident in these waters considering the unsanitary nature of most of these communities in terms of lack of proper waste disposal, open defecation, etc.

Honestly
Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by abobote: 8:07am On Sep 18, 2023
People are passing through a lot in Nigeria
Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by jojothaiv(m): 8:08am On Sep 18, 2023
Plateau, not again.

I though most of the lands in my place of birth were elevated above sea level and as much, the effect of flooding would always be minimal.
Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Moufan40: 8:09am On Sep 18, 2023
sad

Please I really need your help, I had to change to a new moniker to plead for help. I'm in a financial difficulty at the moment. any help will be deeply appreciated. I need help to feed my family. thanks and GOD bless

bank account: 2 2 5 3 3 4 1 3 5 8 zenith bank
Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by fk002: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2023
Even in Abuja the rain was so heavy Gwarinpa express was also flooded

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by missionmex(m): 8:14am On Sep 18, 2023
poor drainage system.

1 Like

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Hespee93: 8:16am On Sep 18, 2023
Untill we start doing the right thing, the flooding will never stop.

Stop dumping refuse inside drainage.

Simple.
Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by nikkijohn97(m): 8:16am On Sep 18, 2023
This place really needs a good drainage system and I hope the government listens

Please I'm searching for a data analyst or business Analyst job with the skills in SQL, Excel, python and Tableau. I will forever be grateful nairalanders
07064731533 please help a brother

2 Likes

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by nwadiuko1(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2023
Climate change, coupled with a sprinkle of Government ineptitude.
Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by bestower: 8:24am On Sep 18, 2023
Negligence sometimes bring forth destruction. Meteorologist has warned us of the effects of climate change but we turn out deaf ears to it..The results is what we are seeing now.

2 Likes

Re: Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) by Passionate888: 8:24am On Sep 18, 2023
shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Orders Banks To Freeze Lamido's Accounts / Onshore Oil Fields They Don't Want You To See / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Arrives Imo State Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.