Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,475 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy (12465 Views)

Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law / Israel's Export In 2021 Is $60 Billion USD. Peter Obi Was Right - Statista.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2023
Calitoscassius:
So how was it my fault? I asked my friend to buy it for me, my friend is an indigene, you have accepted that the land was given to him, so why can't he sell if he cannot afford to develop the land? Is it because i am not an indigene? What exactly was the problem with that land?

Enugu peopled do not buy land in other parts of Nigeria? Must one be an Enugu indigene to be able to buy land in Enugu? What kinda discrimination is that?
You can buy land in Enugu but on gazetted districts like Enugu city, the community already ceded the area to to the government but if you enter inside village and buy land abyhow you are on your own. It is not just Enugu thing, it is nearly all over AlaIgbo if you are buying AlaUmunna, (kindred land) you are on your own.

You see what happened in your case the sold it to one of them not knowing that he was buying it for a total stranger, between village can even give givernment land that has some shrine or entanglement, government no sabi that one but selling dwelling place to stranger is not always a priority unless it is eminent.

I don’t know why it is so, but it is so if you want to buy land in AlaIgbo, first ask if it is community land if it is not in a ceded district. You no do anything wrong just take am as you see am. Land is tied to the male child in AlaIgbo it is part of the culture, it is assumed taht anyone who gets land in a particular place is part of that community so it sort of citizenship and not going to pass on to Stranger, this is not accurate but what I think it is but irrespective of what I think, it is what it is
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by COMPAQ(m): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:
I had always believed that with the abundance of energy resources in the form of coal, gas and crude oil all available in Enugu in comercial quantities, that Enugu is supposed to be an energy and electricity hub and Today
the executive governor of Enugu state has not just passed the electricity bill, he also aimed to move Enugu economy from 4.4 to 30 billion USD.

https://businessday.ng/news/article/gov-mbah-signs-electricity-bill-into-law/?amp=1

There is a lot more to having stable electricity in any state than signing Electricity Acts into Law! The state regulatory body will still have to engage with NERC and the existing DISCO, except the expectation is that brand new electricity cables will be laid everywhere!

And the state will still have to find investors, who are in short supply, considering the pitfalls with investing in Nigeria. Electricity in particular is a very difficult product to control and monitor effectively. Nigeria probably has one of the largest rates of electricity theft in the world.

And it remains to be seen if any Nigerian investors will go into this sector, the more technical a space, the more Nigerians run a way from it, since we are primarily traders and not business men. We don't know how to add value to stuff - only import and buy and sell is what we do best.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Charisma01: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

Whatever you go to other states na, we want investors that can afford that level of C of O, not non serious people, those countries that tell you to show proof of having millions in your account before they give you Visa shey those wey dey give visa for free no dey ?

So even the residents of that state who are indegenes that want to buy land will not be able to because you want investors.
The investors you want to come to your state, by the time you finish billing them on C of O, which money to remain to invest?
Pls how much did you pay for C of O in your state & what state are you?
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Okwyjesus(m): 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2023
justli:

Eventually the various states can begin to collaborate to undertake audacious projects, like connecting the states with railways. With the quantity of gas deposits in the region, it's only a matter of time before the region sees an unprecedented upsurge in economic activities, but we have to begin to show accountability and prudence in how we use resources, and most importantly, we have to begin to vote in only qualified people in office. God bless the South East. God bless Nigeria

Exactly on point.

With the huge gas deposit the future is obviously bright.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Calitoscassius(m): 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

You can buy land in Enugu but on gazetted districts like Enugu city, the community already ceded the area to to the government but if you enter inside village and buy land abyhow you are on your own. It is not just Enugu thing, it is nearly all over AlaIgbo if you are buying AlaUmunna, (kindred land) you are on your own.

You see what happened in your case the sold it to one of them not knowing that he was buying it for a total stranger, between village can even give givernment land that has some shrine or entanglement, government no sabi that one but selling dwelling place to stranger is not always a priority unless it is eminent.

I don’t know why it is so, but it is so if you want to buy land in AlaIgbo, first ask if it is community land if it is not in a ceded district. You no do anything wrong just take am as you see am. Land is tied to the male child in AlaIgbo it is part of the culture, it is assumed taht anyone who gets land in a particular place is part of that community so it sort of citizenship and not going to pass on to Stranger, this is not accurate but what I think it is but irrespective of what I think, it is what it is
Well... i still don't understand it, i have bought and sold lands in Abuja, Nkpor Anambra, Ekwulobia, Awka and ummunya, i have never encountered such confusion, so what about the guy I sold to, though he is an Enugu citizen Awkunanaw, what would happen to him? I didn't know it was a community land. I was not told.

But as i ve said. What bout the guy his community shared the land to should have the right to sell if he cannot afford to develop. And why was the land in triangular shaped? Any reasons for that? Are you familiar with that Area Zion city? I hear the new recently demolished market is being built near that Zion city.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by softy(m): 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

I never said that road should not be paid attention but let it not be the priority, water and industry should be declared a state of emergency before roads in Enugu.

I never said "you say the roads should not be paid attention to". But it can be one of the priorities for a serious government who had done nothing tangible than patches for the last 8 years to the attention these roads needed. Above all, we both want the same thing: Good Development. You and I are in no position to select the priority issue for MBAH, but we can only advise, or vent our views on what we think it is priority So, dont feel everyone 'discussing' this issue is aiming for "your jugular" or is against the success of any goverment.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Well... i still don't understand it, i have bought and sold lands in Abuja, Nkpor Anambra, Ekwulobia, Awka and ummunya, i have never encountered such confusion, so what about the guy I sold to, though he is an Enugu citizen Awkunanaw, what would happen to him? I didn't know it was a community land. I was not told.

But as i ve said. What bout the guy his community shared the land to should have the right to sell if he cannot afford to develop. And why was the land in triangular shaped? Any reasons for that? Are you familiar with that Area Zion city? I hear the new recently demolished market is being built near that Zion city.
I don't know why the land is in triangular shape, just avoid community land in Enugu if the area is not urbanised that's all I have to say.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by JOemmy(m): 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2023
Jessyjeff:
If Ndigbo is ready, Enugu coal mines can be revitalised by building a new coal powered electricity plant somewhere around 9th Mile area. The new power plant gets coal supply from the nearby mines, and energy generated can be sold to many states in South Eastern Nigeria.

Coal deposit in Enugu can be used to power 2 electricity plants with a total capacity of not less than 2,000 Megawatts; this could be more than all the current electricity demand in 5 south east states.

We need to learn what Germans did after the second world war. The coal mines in Ruhr area of Germany ( Dortmund, Cologne area) was used to power German industries to success after the war.

Once again, if we are serious, we have the resources to power Igboland to prosperity.

How can this be possible when the current 1999 constitution doesn't allow states to control any natural resources found in their states?
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Nefort: 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2023
Jessyjeff:
If Ndigbo is ready, Enugu coal mines can be revitalised by building a new coal powered electricity plant somewhere around 9th Mile area. The new power plant gets coal supply from the nearby mines, and energy generated can be sold to many states in South Eastern Nigeria.

Coal deposit in Enugu can be used to power 2 electricity plants with a total capacity of not less than 2,000 Megawatts; this could be more than all the current electricity demand in 5 south east states.

We need to learn what Germans did after the second world war. The coal mines in Ruhr area of Germany ( Dortmund, Cologne area) was used to power German industries to success after the war.

Once again, if we are serious, we have the resources to power Igboland to prosperity.
Coal is a dirty fuel that damages the environment and also a major cause of climate change. The world is moving towards clean energy and you are still recommending coal.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Coastman190: 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2023
That’s an impressive goal! A 30 billion USD economy would be a major boost for the people of Enugu State, and it shows that the government is thinking big. Do you think this goal is realistic, given the current state of the economy? And how will signing this electricity bill into law help to achieve that goal? It sounds like a very ambitious plan! 😄
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Dogood1000: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2023
Make God shaaa save us from this Nigeria... Because most of us that not collect loans... Dey gather pay it in this Nigeria hmmm 🤔
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by MeineMutter: 12:05am On Sep 19, 2023
Wetin dey the book? Who he sign am with?

What are the milestones?

Audio.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Fizalis(m): 7:05am On Sep 19, 2023
AlexBells:

So if you can buy land, na 10K be your problem or you inherited the land?

You are typical ode supporting laws that institute inflation and extortion. What's the reason or motive behind the sudden increase from 1k to 10k. Always use sense before talking! Sorry for the insult but you sounded unreasonable oga!
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 10:37am On Sep 19, 2023
Fizalis:

You are typical ode supporting laws that institute inflation and extortion. What's the reason or motive behind the sudden increase from 1k to 10k. Always use sense before talking! Sorry for the insult but you sounded unreasonable oga!
If you want C of O, ready your money, no one force you to buy land
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by countryman13: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2023
AlexBells:
It means Enerrgy investors can come in, and the potential to suply Benue, Ebonyi and some part of Kogi is there for a start
Katsina nko? Dey play!
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Reflect7: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
Jessyjeff:

They are too busy doing sit at home for Biafra, abusing Tinubu and calling Nigeria a zoo.

So keep dreaming.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
countryman13:

Katsina nko? Dey play!
The proximity don't put Katsina on focus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibos Are Scared Of Leaving Nigeria / Rough Road Ahead As New Service Chiefs Take Charge / IPOB: South-East Governors To Soon Meet FG Over Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.