Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy (12466 Views)

Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law / Israel's Export In 2021 Is $60 Billion USD. Peter Obi Was Right - Statista.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by TheOldGods: 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

Oga, if you against PDP it okay, we are talking about Mba here not PDP, cut the slack the young man just roughly three months give him a break
oh, we should give him a break in roughly three months, but he sacked a lady who he made Executive director of internal board revenue within 2 weeks Months, claiming the woman couldn't meet his target in just two weeks. Na hypocrite go kill you last last.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2023
Charisma01:

The way some of you reason ehn!!
So the C of O of other states gives ownership of the land for only 20 years.
This tax tax mentality can only be supported by Agbadorians.
Whatever you go to other states na, we want investors that can afford that level of C of O, not non serious people, those countries that tell you to show proof of having millions in your account before they give you Visa shey those wey dey give visa for free no dey ?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2023
TheOldGods:
oh, we should give him a break in roughly three months, but he sacked a lady who he made chairman of internal board revenue within 2 weeks, claiming the woman couldn't meet his target in just two weeks. Na hypocrite go kill you last last.
Ehen, in your small business that you run, don't sack people that you employed under two days but realise they don't meet your expectations
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Calitoscassius(m): 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

I didn't buy the land my father did, the documentation is proper, as for my core ancestral land, the day governor or anyone try shit on that one is the day he understand that he only holds the land in trust. Indigenous people have a place
Well.. precisely, so one doesn't nercerssarily need a C of O as long as their land or lands has proper documentations, as you put it.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by OlujobaSamuel: 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

Okay, now I understand, that's really outrageous but it would have advantage, since this C of O gives ownership of the land for about 99 years, it is worth that's really improving land value in the state.
CofO no mean dey you go occupy for free for 99yrs, you are still going to pay land use which will likely be in millions also considering the charge of 10k per sqm set already for the CofO
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by TheOldGods: 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2023
Xandelle:

Stop misinforming the people. 500 square meter should be 50 x 10 meters or 25 x 20. A regular plot in the east is 50 x 100 meters. Which is 5000 square meters. And going by your assertion, that will then make the CofO to be #50m, which is either bonkers, or outrageous lies.

This is the kind of misinformation people like you will generate because of politics, then outsiders will garnish and amplify it, and you will end up blaming Yoruba people for running propaganda on you.

This was same way eastern nollywood started with ogwuego narrative.
it is not a lie oga, I'm not the OP, but I will prove it to you with the real copy of the memo this evening, quote me by 8 let me get it by then. I've uploaded the image below, scroll down to see the real original document
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Why would the original owner renegade? Will they deny ever owning the land? Or selling the land to me? Who buys a land or lands without signed agreements between both parties? I am looking to buy in Enugu, hence my interest.

Even if the land is virgin as long as the original ancestral owner can back me up with agreement and attest to selling the land to me, i wouldn't need a C of O.
Okay, like I told you make sure you are from the community or nearby community otherwise when the matter start, you would realise one idiot just sold you his share of community land lol. If you want land in Enugu go through appropriate channel or if you want local land, allow a local to buy it out for you that's my advice.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

CofO no mean dey you go occupy for free for 99yrs, you are still going to pay land use which will likely be in millions also considering the charge of 10k per sqm set already for the CofO
You are just making things hard for yourself, don't buy, lease or rent nobody is forcing you
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by TheOldGods: 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

Ehen, in your small business that you run, don't sack people that you employed under two days but realise they don't meet your expectations
oga go and sit down, has he met our expectations, going by your narrative we should sack him because he has failed woofly. Ordinary water he promised, no water anywhere. Hypocrite
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by OlujobaSamuel: 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

You are just making things hard for yourself, don't buy, lease or rent nobody is forcing you
My hands dey up already, no vex. I no go shook mouth again
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2023
TheOldGods:
oga go and sit down, has he met our expectations, going by your narrative we should sack him because he has failed woofly. Ordinary water he promised, no water anywhere. Hypocrite
Who is stopping you from sacking him, why not get a house member to move a motion for his impeachment
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by TheOldGods: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2023
Xandelle:

Stop misinforming the people. 500 square meter should be 50 x 10 meters or 25 x 20. A regular plot in the east is 50 x 100 meters. Which is 5000 square meters. And going by your assertion, that will then make the CofO to be #50m, which is either bonkers, or outrageous lies.

This is the kind of misinformation people like you will generate because of politics, then outsiders will garnish and amplify it, and you will end up blaming Yoruba people for running propaganda on you.

This was same way eastern nollywood started with ogwuego narrative.
here is the document what do you have to say now, is it lie, bonker or what again

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by justli: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Exactly. That my take.

Concentrate and grow the region.
It will soon be a competition in SE for governors performance.

With Umahi and Otti leading the path

Eventually the various states can begin to collaborate to undertake audacious projects, like connecting the states with railways. With the quantity of gas deposits in the region, it's only a matter of time before the region sees an unprecedented upsurge in economic activities, but we have to begin to show accountability and prudence in how we use resources, and most importantly, we have to begin to vote in only qualified people in office. God bless the South East. God bless Nigeria
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by MasterTeeUSA: 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2023
Thanks to Buhari and Tinubu on the Energy Bill. They won't mention those names and heap them with praises lol

AlexBells:
I had always believed that with the abundance of energy resources in the form of coal, gas and crude oil all available in Enugu in comercial quantities, that Enugu is supposed to be an energy and electricity hub and Today
the executive governor of Enugu state has not just passed the electricity bill, he also aimed to move Enugu economy from 4.4 to 30 billion USD.

https://businessday.ng/news/article/gov-mbah-signs-electricity-bill-into-law/?amp=1
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Calitoscassius(m): 1:30pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

Okay, like I told you make sure you are from the community or nearby community otherwise when the matter start, you would realise one idiot just sold you his share of community land lol. If you want land in Enugu go through appropriate channel or if you want local land, allow a local to buy it out for you that's my advice.
I am not from Enugu, i have friends and extended families in Enugu though. So because i am not an indigene they would scam me? That is obviously wrong, aren't we all supposed to be Igbos?

I bought a piece few years ago, apparently it is owned by community, i had asked my friend to purchase it for me, eventually when i got to Enugu and asked him to show me the land, he couldn't, apparently the land was shown to him only on a map, they call the area Zion City. I was the person who went with my friend, with the guy with the map after paying the guy with the map 10k naira, he said i must pay for him to take me to the land's location.

I found out later that the real owner was not even the guy with the map, the real owner sold without even seen the land or even has any document for it, all he knew was that he sold his share of his community land. It was left for me to go find the land and do the documents myself. As long as it he can confirm that he sold me his share of his community allocated land. Very complicated transactions..

We found the land evenfually, it was triangular shaped grin grin I lifted it as they told me to do. In just few months i sold it back to the guy with the map, less than i bought the land. As i couldn't understand what was all the complicated processes was about. After that experience i am staying away from buying community lands. If the land is not sold by an individual owner I ain't buying.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by justli: 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2023
TheOldGods:

Why ordinary? Water has been a big problem in the state since i can remember. And I understand the new govt is moving on with the plans outlined by the govt of Sullivan to ensure water is reliably supplied across the state
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by EmekaA125(m): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2023
iammo:
Some states like Ogun, Lagos, Anambra and Enugu are very serious
You omitted Abia.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by EmekaA125(m): 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
Nice.
Many states are now thinking of how to double up Their economy, reduce the high rate of unemployment and improve Their standard of living, while in my state we see road construction, stadiums, worship centers and happy hour as our biggest achievement.
Akwa Ibom. Government should be paying every indigene of Aks minimum of 30k every month.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2023
Calitoscassius:
I am not from Enugu, i have friends and extended families in Enugu though. So because i am not an indigene they would scam me? That is obviously wrong, aren't we all supposed to be Igbos?

I bought a piece few years ago, apparently it is owned by community, i had asked my friend to purchase it for me, eventually when i got to Enugu and asked him to show me the land, he couldn't, apparently the land was shown to him only on a map, they call the area Zion City. I was the person who went with my friend, with the guy with the map after paying the guy with the map 10k naira, he said i must pay for him to take me to the land's location.

I found out later that the real owner was not even the guy with the map, the real owner sold without even seen the land or even has any document for it, all he knew was that he sold his share of his community land. It was left for me to go find the land and do the documents myself. As long as it he can confirm that he sold me his share of his community allocated land. Very complicated transactions..

We found the land evenfually, it was triangular shaped grin grin I lifted it as they told me to do. In just few months i sold it back to the guy with the map, less than i bought the land. As i couldn't understand what was all the complicated processes was about. After that experience i am staying away from buying community lands. If the land is not sold by an individual owner I ain't buying.
You for get hope na, one efulefu sold community land for you and you think it funny, with urbanisation there's apprehension but if you go buy community land you on your own, exception is when community gazetted the said land for let's say market or school they understand outsiders can come in but buying a distinct non urbanised community land which wasn't ceded to government, make sure the community head is aware and signed otherwise they would just give you the person that sold it to you to so whatever you want with him. Unless you are a member or nearby said community
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Calitoscassius(m): 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

You for get hope na, one efulefu sold community land for you and you think it funny, with urbanisation there's apprehension but if you go buy community land you on your own, exception is when community gazetted the said land for let's say market or school they understand outsiders can come in but buying a distinct non urbanised community land which wasn't ceded to government, make sure the community head is aware and signed otherwise they would just give you the person that sold it to you to so whatever you want with him. Unless you are a member or nearby said community
Was i supposed to not have hope? I mean, people are supposed to be trustworthy. Did i not pay for the land?.

What do you mean by efulefu sold me land? Did he not own the land? Did his community not give him that share of the land?
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Was i supposed to not have hope? I mean, people are supposed to be trustworthy. Did i not pay for the land?.

What do you mean by efulefu sold me land? Did he not own the land? Did his community not give him that share of the land?
Did he not own which land, land that his forefathers fought for and laboured for they give you your own share, possibly for you to build house and farm, you wan sell cause na only you love money, you no even reason sell am to members of the community, you codedly sold to a stranger does it make sense to you.

If the said man is sick or something, if the community see that without the land being sold he could suffer they can ask if one of them can afford the land if not the option of selling to outsiders is valid which then it is with approval, anything beyond that you are most likely buying from an Efulefu which can't make money to buy at such gazetted districts like market, urbanised or allocated areas.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by softy(m): 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

Everything is not on paper, I live in Enugu and there are visible difference albeit not instantly visible to regular folks, unless he go back on his steps, I say he is on track.

SOME state roads are very bad in Enugu town.
1. IMT through Overhead Bridge to Damija to Trans Ekulu.

2. Trade Fair Road (GRA) through the second Overhead bridge along that route till you burst out to the Onitsha-Abakaliki Express Road (Federal Road)

3. You can add your list.

WE DO NOT NEED PATCHes ON THAT ROAD like his predecesspr did, But good re constructed road that could make a life of users great and remove the unnecessary harmful hold up, everyday.

The road and availability of water are needed to be visible within the state. Last 8 year before this administration was not nice.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Xandelle: 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2023
TheOldGods:
here is the document what do you have to say now, is it lie, bonker or what again

Then the governor is just window dressing like his colleague in Anambra. Smh
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Maxcollins042(m): 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Someone should ask this mugu governor why he reviewed the price of obtaining C of O from 1k per square meter to 10k per square meter if he really want Enugu development. 500 square meter land will now cost 5million naira for C of O

He is on a mission to retrieve the money he used to buy PDP ticket. Thief

He is on a mission to build Enugu State’s economy from $4.4 billion to $30 billion na.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2023
softy:

SOME state roads are very bad in Enugu town.
1. IMT through Overhead Bridge to Damija to Trans Ekulu.

2. Trade Fair Road (GRA) through the second Overhead bridge along that route till you burst out to the Onitsha-Abakaliki Express Road (Federal Road)

3. You can add your list.

WE DO NOT NEED PATCHes ON THAT ROAD like his predecesspr did, But good re constructed road that could make a life of users great and remove the unnecessary harmful hold up, everyday.

The road and availability of water are needed to be visible within the state. Last 8 year before this administration was not nice.
I never said that road should not be paid attention but let it not be the priority, water and industry should be declared a state of emergency before roads in Enugu.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by TheOldGods: 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2023
Calitoscassius:
This is the big problem, even in Abuja to obtain a C of O is not this expensive, you would also find that goods and commodities are ussually very expensive in Alaigbo than other regions, infact, everything is, Igbos are their own problems.
it's not Igbos, but Peter mbah. We never voted than man. And I don't know why court is taking time to deliver judgement, they don't know what to say again, after he submitted fake Nysc.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by TheOldGods: 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

I never said that road should not be paid attention but let it not be the priority, water and industry should be declared a state of emergency before roads in Enugu.
tell me a state in Niger that has water running in its pipe all through the state. Abeg, they should build the road people use all the time, we have been surviving without water it's not a big deal, but having very bad roads is horrible. Baba said he will fix water, only to come and now making posters , kwado mmiri Enugu, which simply means, come and support us to build water for you people
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Slynation(m): 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2023
And where will this $30Billion come from?? The masses right...
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Calitoscassius(m): 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

Did he not own which land, land that his forefathers fought for and laboured for they give you your own share, possibly for you to build house and farm, you wan sell cause na only you love money, you no even reason sell am to members of the community, you codedly sold to a stranger does it make sense to you.

If the said man is sick or something, if the community see that without the land being sold he could suffer they can ask if one of them can afford the land if not the option of selling to outsiders is valid which then it is with approval, anything beyond that you are most likely buying from an Efulefu which can't make money to buy at such gazetted districts like market, urbanised or allocated areas.
So how was it my fault? I asked my friend to buy it for me, my friend is an indigene, you have accepted that the land was given to him, so why can't he sell if he cannot afford to develop the land? Is it because i am not an indigene? What exactly was the problem with that land?

Enugu people do not buy land in other parts of Nigeria? Must one be an Enugu indigene to be able to buy land in Enugu? What kinda discrimination is that?
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 2:43pm On Sep 18, 2023
TheOldGods:
tell me a state in Niger that has water running in its pipe all through the state. Abeg, they should build the road people use all the time, we have been surviving without water it's not a big deal, but having very bad roads is horrible. Baba said he will fix water, only to come and now making posters , kwado mmiri Enugu, which simply means, come and support us to build water for you people
Instead of talking too much, why not buy ticket, run for office, win and put all your efforts in the road, you are the one who would tell Enugu people what is more important between water and industry and road ?
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Glistinin(m): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2023
Our leaders are so daft to a fault!
Jessyjeff:
It's all political talks, bros. I know many coal powered electricity plants still adding megawatts to their nations grid. How many coal mines have they closed in Virginia, USA? China still gets substantial percentage of its electricity from coal power plants. Even the more environment-conscious Europeans are still connected to electricity from coal powered plants.

Investors will definitely come to Enugu due to the fact that profits will be made. Nigeria and most African economies will continue to use fossil fuels in next one and half century or even longer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). / Boko-Haram Holding Kidnapped French Priest – Source / Ekitigate - Watch Channels And Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.