Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,613 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy (12467 Views)

Tinubu Signs Electricity Amendment Bill Into Law / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law / Israel's Export In 2021 Is $60 Billion USD. Peter Obi Was Right - Statista.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by adams123: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
[quote author=kettykings post=125860804]If all the south east states look in ward and maximize their opportunities and resources, we can just overlook the central government and move at our pace[/quote

Your governors are the same with most of the other governors in other regions. Their difference is only their names
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
iammo:
Some states like Ogun, Lagos, Anambra and Enugu are very serious
What you build have said is some states like the south East states then Add Lagos and maybe Ogun cause all of south east is currently on fire
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by adams123: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
[quote author=kettykings post=125860804]If all the south east states look in ward and maximize their opportunities and resources, we can just overlook the central government and move at our pace[/quote

Your governors are the same with most of the other governors in other regions. Their difference is only their names.
Mostly criminals!
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 11:32am On Sep 18, 2023
[quote author=adams123 post=125867070][/quote]
It a lie, current crop of south east leaders are a little different
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by GeneralDae: 11:34am On Sep 18, 2023
BlackRains:
So in summery, what's the law all about?
Buhari's Goverment had signed a bill that allowed states control their own electricity generation. Tinubu then signed the Electricity Act guiding this bill into law.
However, only Lagos, Edo, and Kaduna had state laws to follow this and put into effect immediately. Enugu has just joined the league.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Simeonjoe1: 11:35am On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

Okay, now I understand, that's really outrageous but it would have advantage, since this C of O gives ownership of the land for about 99 years, it is worth that's really improving land value in the state.
.. Chop now, chop now mentality of Nigeria leaders with lack of continuity vision will be the bane of our development.

What happen to spreading this money over a period of time? Why can't I pay this in monthly taxes which will supply a steady pull of resources for government over the years, with little strain on my finance?

But we want chop everything now then complain of lack of fund tomorrow, same way we get to where we are now.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by MacTayyy: 11:36am On Sep 18, 2023
Nice one... I M O L E !
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by iammo(m): 11:37am On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:
What you build have said is some states like the south East states then Add Lagos and maybe Ogun cause all of south east is currently on fire

Since Umahi left, Ebonyi hasn't gained much traction, Imo is really trying but insecurity is another issue.. Abia is also very impressive.. SouthEast Governance is giving us optimistic vibe similar vibes Borno under Zulum gave us
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Chetas81(m): 11:37am On Sep 18, 2023
The slave to the American dollars keep on mentioned dollar as if is a Nigerian currency, fraudulent citizen in government House

1 Like

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by sulaak(m): 11:38am On Sep 18, 2023
kettykings:
If all the south east states look in ward and maximize their opportunities and resources, we can just overlook the central government and move at our pace

The essence of a federal government from the offset is that the state should be able to function without the federal government. The GDP of California is $2 Trillion, while the state of Mississippi is $136 billion. The problem is that state governments are responsible for the economic environment, education, electricity, health care, state roads and railways and now some level of civil security.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Kapeter(m): 11:38am On Sep 18, 2023
kettykings:
If all the south east states look in ward and maximize their opportunities and resources, we can just overlook the central government and move at our pace
Not accepted. The FG doesn't like the ibos so they won't allow the State governments in the east to generate their own power, build seaport even international airport. They will truncate and frustrate the plan because ibos are sons of okete alabiyamo while the federal government is devilish and doesn't want the ibos to move in their own pace.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by okechuks22: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2023
Toothless bull dogs every where

1 Like

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by AlexBells(m): 11:39am On Sep 18, 2023
iammo:

Since Umahi left, Ebonyi hasn't gained much traction, Imo is really trying but insecurity is another issue.. Abia is also very impressive.. SouthEast Governance is giving us optimistic vibe similar vibes Borno under Zulum gave us
The young man in Ebonyi is finding himself in a very big shoe, it would be hard to match Umahi's performance. Imo aside insecurity have tried in attracting investment, Anambra is doing well, Abia as well and Enugu is following gradually.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:39am On Sep 18, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Oh I see. Don't forget that some states are building houses for their indegenes.
Our own governor is selling his own at outrageous amount. Ok na. You and the governor are combined in the evil. Why then do we complain when Igbos fail to invest in their lands? Because they will prefer where to buy cheaper and build cheaper. It's really a shame how you guys sounds. Big shame

Nwanne, which state is building house for their indigenes?
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Simeonjoe1: 11:40am On Sep 18, 2023
Jessyjeff:
If Ndigbo is ready, Enugu coal mines can be revitalised by building a new coal powered electricity plant somewhere around 9th Mile area. The new power plant gets coal supply from the nearby mines, and energy generated can be sold to many states in South Eastern Nigeria.

Coal deposit in Enugu can be used to power 2 electricity plants with a total capacity of not less than 2,000 Megawatts; this could be more than all the current electricity demand in 5 south east states.

We need to learn what Germans did after the second world war. The coal mines in Ruhr area of Germany ( Dortmund, Cologne area) was used to power German industries to success after the war.

Once again, if we are serious, we have the resources to power Igboland to prosperity.

With the global shift away from coal where dey won get investment from? Who go borrow them? Enugu rather, has a large gas deposit, why not invest in that now the world is still on gas or na in the next future when this thier climate change turn madness and leads to canceling of gas we would invest?
We should look at current and future trends if we want to draw in the relevant investment.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by JaskanFactor: 11:41am On Sep 18, 2023
BlackRains:
So in summery, what's the law all about?

its yet another loud trumpet chop money project. The oyinbos that run africa never have real progress planned for africa, but they are fully in support of the efforts of their puppets to chop money so they can remain good traitors to the nation.

by next enugu administration some of them will have already relocated to london and newyork while effcc complains they cant arrest them.

Dont forget OFN (Obasanjo Farms Nigeria ltd ), Started as project OFN (Operation Feed The Nation)

Oyinbo is not your friend, nigeria is a big sign of that . They run Nigeria.

Whenever anybody talks big plans for Nigeria never believe them, the only thing oyinbo have planned for nigeria right now is war and flood.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Calitoscassius(m): 11:42am On Sep 18, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

I know I was talking with a CAPITAL FO.OL from the moment you replied me. Mugu without functional brain talking about priority. Your comments is filled with insults because you are poorly brought up and cannot engage someone in a constructive argument. It's either you are paid to defend the idiotic governor or you are an animal with hidden agenda.

A governor is raising the price of obtaining C of O at time, Igbos are lobbied to come and invest in their lands and you are here yarining okpata around promises. Enugu have no good street and other roads within the metropolis is in ruins. What has his promises got to do with raising the money for C of O. EWU
grin grin That individual is a complete morron! Imagine.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Simeonjoe1: 11:42am On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

We are talking about priorities, stop talking like an idiot, I will prioritize economic and industrial roadmap to spending huge on roads like it an emergency. Enugu roads especially Enugu city roads are manageable if he can concentrate on water availability and industry, the roads can serve for the time being, I’m not suggesting abandoning the roads completely but priority needs to be given to industry and water availability in Enugu.

Good thinking.
But Nigerians want optics, hence low quality roads to nowhere
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by TheOldGods: 11:44am On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

Okay, now I understand, that's really outrageous but it would have advantage, since this C of O gives ownership of the land for about 99 years, it is worth that's really improving land value in the state.
seems you don't understand it. Let me explain better. To register 3 plots of land, will cost you 16.2 million naira, that is not even the cost of the land itself, how much is now the land that ordinary registration is 16 million. Go to that office, nobody is registering lands again, they are waiting for court to throw him out so Edeoga can reverse that nonsense. Instead of a governor to make people like him, he is doing otherwise. After you pay 16 million, then you will be paying 100-150k every month to the government immediately you start building

1 Like

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by sauceEEP(m): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2023
MBA has no bearing...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Calitoscassius(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Nobody is talking about cheap land here. Someone has bought the land and you ask him to pay such amount for C of O.

Enugu lands are already costly. Before now, each square meter is 1000 for C of O. Meaning when you but 1000square meter, you pay 1 million with adjoining charges which amount to like 1.5millon naira. This is after buying land. Different from community levy. Different from LGA levy. Different from Capital development. In fact, when you but 10millon naira land, you need extra 4 million naira to develop it before now. But now, you will need nothing less than 15million if you must go for C of O.

I'm very sure you cannot even buy 2milion naira land as you reply me. Why are you forming enermy of the people?
It is ridiculous, C of O is now more expensive than lands? Absolute rip off!

How will that bring developement to Enugu? small businesses are what makes economy boost, if small businesses cannot afford C of O how can they survive? Mba is a tiff!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by tnerro1(m): 11:49am On Sep 18, 2023
Fear of tribunal judgement is making some people to work
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by tunjilana: 11:49am On Sep 18, 2023
kettykings:

Na wetin we dey tell una be that...For the most part of 1960 to 2015, the south west has being in the opposition, so we understand what it means to own our own faith and never expect much from the center. Unfortunately the southeast was always aligned with the central govt till 2015 and they didnt learn the value of being independent as a bloc. Southwest is showing everyone that you can find ways to do your own thing across diverse sectors and I am happy South east is learning too and leveraging the necessary laws well

1 Like

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by akpunda86: 11:50am On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:
I had always believed that with the abundance of energy resources in the form of coal, gas and crude oil all available in Enugu in comercial quantities, that Enugu is supposed to be an energy and electricity hub and Today
the executive governor of Enugu state has not just passed the electricity bill, he also aimed to move Enugu economy from 4.4 to 30 billion USD.

https://businessday.ng/news/article/gov-mbah-signs-electricity-bill-into-law/?amp=1

Good but can't be implemented.Enugu, Ebonyi state are at disadvantage cos on non proximity of gas pipeline,Abia State utilising theirs well with Geometric,Imo state non but with gas proximity.

If the South East governors can first get a gas line from Abia State or nearest valve by gps to Anambra, Enugu,Ebonyi BOOM the kind of industrial Revolution will be amazing.
Elechi of Ebonyi state built a 10Mw dual powered power plant in Ebonyi,never ran for one day after the testing,gulps diesel like mad,a good concept but bad planning.
My governor your idea is rich ,we are in the 22nd century,coal powered plants maintenance very hard,existing ones in different countries gradually closing up.Lagos state signed it yes they have gas.
Don't think of CNG,Even NBL using it sometimes dissapoimted,a power plant with its turbo needs constant supply of gas.
My governor wish you well but will not work
Thank u
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by TheOldGods: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

Everything is not on paper, I live in Enugu and there are visible difference albeit not instantly visible to regular folks, unless he go back on his steps, I say he is on track.
you must be high on a very cheap weed, has water been running in Enugu? It's seems you people are foolish in that PDP. Ordinary to repair roads, look at how bad Bisala road is, very close to his office, that lagos street road, that has bridge, soon na collapse e remain, very close to his office. I no wan talk about uwani, ziks avenue. Where is the water the man promised. Na to talk, him rush implement 10k per sq of land.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Calitoscassius(m): 11:51am On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

You go read the constitution, ignorance is not an excuse to the law, you buy the land from the state not from the individual, by Nigerian constitution all lands belongs to the state. So the price the individual land owner sells doesn’t have anything to do with the price state sells which is through the C of O, the state is telling you the official price of a parcel of land in Enugu and you are foaming, keep foaming when you cross your boundary you would understand.

Hold your ancestral land tight that’s all the above says cause that’s the only thing that would give you access to rightful ownership of land in the near future if you chose to remain poor.
So what if one buys another person's ancestoral land, does that mean one doesn't own the land? the state does? I think you are missing the point, with respect i must say. grin
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Calitoscassius(m): 11:53am On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

Do you have a problem with me not being able to buy 2 million naira land, did I complain to you or beg you land, why you think buying land is everybody’s problem, me like this if I see #1500 eat better food and #500 buy data, God don provide daily bread and heaven can fall for all I care
So because you cannot afford then others must buy lands for very expensive prices?. grin
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Charisma01: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2023
AlexBells:

The way some of you reason ehn!!
So the C of O of other states gives ownership of the land for only 20 years.
This tax tax mentality can only be supported by Agbadorians.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by RepoMan007: 11:55am On Sep 18, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

10k per square meter means if you buy 1000 square meter land at the rate of 1milion naira, you will need 10million naira for C of O
one hectare or 10,000sqm will be N100m. No non indigene can rent land to farm then.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Simeonjoe1: 11:55am On Sep 18, 2023
iammo:

Zulum should be a standard of sharing formula and integrity true but I fear that's not really needed for economic development.
A man like Zulum should not be at the helm of affairs of this country, his proficiency should be on ministry of poverty alleviation.
Re: Enugu Signs Electricity Bill Into Law, Targets 30 Billion USD Economy by Calitoscassius(m): 11:56am On Sep 18, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Oh I see. Don't forget that some states are building houses for their indegenes.
Our own governor is selling his own at outrageous amount. Ok na. You and the governor are combined in the evil. Why then do we complain when Igbos fail to invest in their lands? Because they will prefer where to buy cheaper and build cheaper. It's really a shame how you guys sounds. Big shame
This is the big problem, even in Abuja to obtain a C of O is not this expensive, you would also find that goods and commodities are ussually very expensive in Alaigbo than other regions, infact, everything is, Igbos are their own problems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport / Begging R-APC, Not An Act Of Cowardice — Oshiomhole / Senate Rejects Health Ministry's Proposal To Borrow ₦82bn To Buy Mosquito Nets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.