Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful (39416 Views)

Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election / Obasanjo: I Have Seen Three Olu Of Warri, I Don’t Want To See Fourth Coronation / Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Navalsadiq(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2023
Respect begets respect

Obj is right on this one

The Governor is the number one citizen of the state

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Wizardslayer: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2023
Na man you be....

Obasanjo can never be a coward like tinubu, it's only coward that fakes and thief everything.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by casualobserver: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/09/18/obasanjo-i-ordered-obas-to-stand-because-they-were-disrespectful/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

This is exactly what I am saying and while I do not like Obasanjo, he has clarified the situation. They were disrespectful to their boss. The governor is their boss. The previous news reports made it seem he was upset because they didn’t stand up for him, which as an ex president he has no right.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Christistruth00: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2023
Obasanjo may soon start demanding that the Obas Prostrate for him in Public

Alaafin with British Administrator Captain Ross
Do they look like.mates?

Look at the Obas Conference photo of 1937
Can you sense any sign of disrespect from Governor General of Nigeria Boudillon?

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Dsscode91: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2023
Statesmanship trumps all form of chiefdom.

The obas should learn to respect the secular government.
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:26am On Sep 18, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

baba Obj, Na lie you dey lie🤥

We know say you're trying very hard to shield Obi's image from public dragging.
We know say na Peter Obi manipulated you into disrespecting Yoruba monarchs.

Oya! let's come together and blame Peter Obi

Bros wetin come bring obi to this Mata.. this is a family affairs u guys should sort it out by yourselves. Besides campaign is over what is wrong with u guys.
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by 8stargeneral: 11:27am On Sep 18, 2023
VinnyBaba:

He SENIOR them Wella.😒

In Age, and EVERYTHING! 🤨🙂
Exactly,they don't have respect for elders,if na bribing and corruption they know that one very well

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by omooba969(m): 11:27am On Sep 18, 2023
enemyofprogress what's your take on this matter?
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Fiscus105(m): 11:28am On Sep 18, 2023
rajiedreez:
Will he have instructed Oba of Benin or Emir of Kano to stand up if they were there

Occupants of those offices had dealt with more than this by constituted authority in the past, do urself favour and find out, if they were thr, they must obey and no single thing will happen.

All kings in Nigeria are employees of govt, they must obey directives from govt and not vice versa.
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Ewedegubbler: 11:29am On Sep 18, 2023
Christistruth00:

Obasanjo may soon start demanding that the Obas Prostrate for him in Public

He has de right to and if those silly old men dare object to that ehh, the bulala wey go hit their buttocks would reset their brains by force
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:29am On Sep 18, 2023
BossGerald:
I don't understand the hypocrisy of my Apc yoruba Muslim brothers

This is seyi tinubu dragging oba of lagos beards yet everyone turned a blind eye but obj telling those chiefs he's far older than to stand and greet him is a problem.

Because obj supports Peter Obi? Why the hate??

My brother the hate is beyond the roof top. Seems obi exposed tinubu in some way that's why they are still dragging him till now

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by goslowgoslow(m): 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Your mumu never do?
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Jman06(m): 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
Baba Obasanjo was very correct as usual.

It was wrong of the traditional rulers to disrespect the governor. If the governor is the vindictive type, he might try to deal with them for disrespecting him, and that time they'll start crying foul.
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by EmmyMaestro(m): 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
Na them sabi, shebi they said Wike did something like that to some traditional rulers when he was yabbing them. Most of them just sit down in their communities and just answer title with no visible impact They are just on the payroll of politicians
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by newnigerdelta00: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Nor mind dem
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by goslowgoslow(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Bros wetin come bring obi to this Mata.. this is a family affairs u guys should sort it out by yourselves. Besides campaign is over what is wrong with u guys.
It seems you don't know that person! He is one the most stup*id dude on this forum.
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 18, 2023
all of a sudden agabado cronies know the meaning of "dementia"

but when their headmaster displays and raises up his hand during national anthem they begin to talk with ten sides of their mouth

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by newnigerdelta00: 11:33am On Sep 18, 2023
Tntsi:
President obasanjo did nothing wrong.
I do not know of any top personality living or dead that respects traditional lnstitution like president obasanjo does, despite his age and personality.

The truth is that with the exception of very few kings and obas, the traditional stool has been bastardized by the so called rulers.

Many so called rulers are miscreants and touts.
Imagine the miscreant oba in lekki lagos who brought out "oro" in broad day light during election, in the name of stopping people from voting LP.
Many others were disgracing themselves here and there for tinubu.

Oba of Lagos who is usually threatening people here and there during election was only silent and humble this time around because of the Nebuchadnezzar treatment given to him the other time.

The oba of Benin is one of the few who shows how kings should rule.
There is one first class Oba in ekiti state I can't remember his name. He is also a shining light.
There are few others here and there.

As a king, you are father to all. You are not a political party coordinator. You reduce yourself to a joke when you go political.

You calling Dem touts,what are you yourself??
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by brownroofpipuar: 11:34am On Sep 18, 2023
accordadoga29:
This yamiiri still dey talk.

We are Yorubas.

We don’t wake our parents and obas up with side-kicks.

What Obj did is a taboo in Yoruba land.

And so does what
We are Yoruba this
We are Yoruba that ...
Cotonou Yoruba or lome Yoruba
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by musicwriter(m): 11:34am On Sep 18, 2023
As far as I am concerned, there is constitution and there is culture. By our constitution, the governor is the leader of a state. Everyone must respect him no matter his or her status or age. He deserves respect no matter how young he is and protocols must be observed.

“That was why I spoke to them the way I did. I wanted them to realise that it is not part of Yoruba culture to disrespect authorities. Respect begets respect and they must learn to deal with their governor with respect if they want to be respected in return.

While I understand very well what Obasanjo is saying but that would only be right if we have chosen slavery instead of freedom.

A nation's constitution comes directly out of the culture!! The constitution is just the written law as approved by culture.

In an un-colonized free African society, the prominent king would be the president. The next prominent king would be the governor. The lesser kings would be the local government chairmen and councilors.

If we were truly free independent people and in our right state of mind without being mentally enslaved and without the cultural disorientation we now live with, the people that should actually dictate for Makinde and OBJ are the kings. They are the custodians of the very culture that birth the constitution.

As I've always said, we must make a conscious decision in Africa whether we want to be truly free or partly enslaved forever.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by MacTayyy: 11:34am On Sep 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Morbeta11(m): 11:34am On Sep 18, 2023
accordadoga29:
This yamiiri still dey talk.

We are Yorubas.

We don’t wake our parents and obas up with side-kicks.

What Obj did is a taboo in Yoruba land.

Oya carry your papa go arrest am....or forever stop polluting the air with your rants and mouth odour... grin

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Stronghold91: 11:34am On Sep 18, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
lol, he wan die

Even if he is drunk to say it, na the gov he is doing it for go carry microphone wash his hand from the matter
you have forgotten history
oba of Benin where a then military governor
an ibo man removed from office

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by remiopash: 11:36am On Sep 18, 2023
BossGerald:
I don't understand the hypocrisy of my Apc yoruba Muslim brothers

This is seyi tinubu dragging oba of lagos beards yet everyone turned a blind eye but obj telling those chiefs he's far older than to stand and greet him is a problem.

Because obj supports Peter Obi? Why the hate??

Digbolugi ! Seyi Tinubu was on his knees here. And he was adjusting the polo of Oba's tracksuit and not playing with his beard.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Lama70(m): 11:37am On Sep 18, 2023
Obj is just doing damage control. There could have been a better way to correct or teach them against next time. His approach was disrespectful, derogatory and demeaning. He was wrong.

Period.
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by BossGerald: 11:38am On Sep 18, 2023
remiopash:

Digbolugi ! Seyi Tinubu was on his knees here. And he was adjusting the polo of Oba's tracksuit and not playing with his beard.

You're blind
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Eriokanmi: 11:38am On Sep 18, 2023
Landowner101:

E di dey, E joo koo.

Obasanjo was just lecturing them on the laws of the lands (as an elder state-man), but some rice bandits will still find stupid meaning out of
it based on personal hatred they have for him.
grin
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by NzogbuNzogbu: 11:38am On Sep 18, 2023
Stronghold91:

you have forgotten history
oba of Benin where a then military governor
an ibo man removed from office
lol, nothing like that happened

No be onyeregbulem case, he claimed to have suspended the oba not removed him for office

Well, he died that same period under mysterious circumstances

He didn't even finish his military term in same edo
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by BossGerald: 11:40am On Sep 18, 2023
creativehubb:

This can be a sort of understanding between them, this happens when you have known the king from childhood, both of you have special bond, this is a playful exchange between them, as any reasonable human can see.

In public? Are you okay?

Stop defending rubbish, it only makes you look foolish
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Dottormentor: 11:40am On Sep 18, 2023
Face front, ozobu were. What do you know
Tntsi:
President obasanjo did nothing wrong.
I do not know of any top personality living or dead that respects traditional lnstitution like president obasanjo does, despite his age and personality.

The truth is that with the exception of very few kings and obas, the traditional stool has been bastardized by the so called rulers.

Many so called rulers are miscreants and touts.
Imagine the miscreant oba in lekki lagos who brought out "oro" in broad day light during election, in the name of stopping people from voting LP.
Many others were disgracing themselves here and there for tinubu.

Oba of Lagos who is usually threatening people here and there during election was only silent and humble this time around because of the Nebuchadnezzar treatment given to him the other time.

The oba of Benin is one of the few who shows how kings should rule.
There is one first class Oba in ekiti state I can't remember his name. He is also a shining light.
There are few others here and there.

As a king, you are father to all. You are not a political party coordinator. You reduce yourself to a joke when you go political.
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 18, 2023
remiopash:

you need to bury your head in shame, put on sack cloth and do some sober reflection.
Re: Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful by DamnnNiggarr: 11:42am On Sep 18, 2023
tempex88:
Former President OBJ’s point is very valid. However, his approach for correction was very wrong. Could have made his point without asking them to stand.
Two wrongs don’t make right.
Funkyswagzz:

goslowgoslow:

Your mumu never do?
Haba!
is it that these my able bodied guys don't identify sarcasm when they see one or what?
Broses, na sarcasm jare.

Let's blame Peter Obi according to one lunatic like that, that calls himself FFK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

George Akume Celebrates Buhari's Victory In Open Roof Car In Makurdi / New Look Of Bama, A City That Was Once Taken Over By Boko Haram (photos) / Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Cattle Market Maiduguri This Morning(Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.