Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke (28395 Views)

2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu / Ondo: Olusola Oke Submits Nomination Forms, Insists On Direct Primary / 2019 Election: We Regret Returning To APC – Olusola Oke, Supporters​ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by senatordave1(m): 9:34pm On Mar 12
One of the leading governorship aspirants in Ondo State in the All Progressives Congress (APC), Olusola Oke, SAN, on Monday, said it was his turn to become governor of the state.

He however, tasked the National Working Committee (NWC) and State Working Committee (SWC) of the party to conduct a free, fair, credible and transparent election.

The APC primary in the state had been slated for April 25 while the governorship election is expected to hold on November 16.

Oke, a two-time governorship candidate in the coastal State while officially declaring his intention to contest the race at the party secretariat in Akure, charged the party leadership to guide against any negative tendency that could mar the image, peaceful and transparent conduct of the exercise.

The APC chieftain, who represented Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives in 1992 said he was hopeful of emerging victorious in the contest, noting that all political indices favoured his emergence as the party’s candidate for the position.

The former Chairman of Ondo State Oil Producing Area Development Commission (OSOPADEC), said: “I have come here today to notify you of my intention to throw in my cap again into the contest for the governorship seat of Ondo State on the platform of APC.

“However, Mr Chairman, leaders of our great party, I want to plead that you should conduct a free fair and transparent primary.”

The former commissioner, who represented Ondo State on the Governing Board of NDDC, said it was his turn to be the governor of the coastal state, stressing that his candidature would cripple opposition parties, boasting that all the political parties in the state would support him and the return would be very massive.

“I’ve contested for this position for three times, I lost like Buhari and the fourth time is my turn. Recall that three of us rose at the same time in this state. Mimiko, Akeredolu and I. The three of us are from three different senatorial districts.

“Mimiko took his turn from the central, late Akeredolu took his turn from the North. I am told and I’m glad that the ticket is shifting to the south, so who’s turn is next? It is my turn! I am the only one that can say that, nobody else can say that!!

“There are three ways you know a politician, it is either you’ve been a lawmaker, you’ve been a party administrator or you’ve occupied executive position.

“I have occupied the three. I was once a lawmaker and was a party administrator. In the choice of my career, ranging for over 35 years in politics, I’ve gathered experience.

“Because I’ve been a party administrator, I will know how to manage party members as a governor. Because I’ve been a lawmaker, I will know how to manage lawmakers in the state and because I’ve occupied executive positions, I will hit the ground running immediately I’m elected.”

https://www.arise.tv/ondo-guber-its-my-turn-to-become-governor-says-olusola-oke/?fbclid=IwAR2SHR5uQ41juSlLhKGKFsTZC-YVf9HsRd7qwcbvI2veXlNkc9Nz-bubIJY

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by Macdeey: 9:40pm On Mar 12
Emilokan at una own Risk grin

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by iamtardey: 9:43pm On Mar 12
This mannn… grin

2 Likes

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by LagosFirstSon: 9:45pm On Mar 12
People with this mentality shouldn't be taken serious

See how bad Tinubu has led the country

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by chopnaira: 9:46pm On Mar 12
Mazi Oke is a Clown. His wife is a friend to Betty. He has failed before he even started. grin

329 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by LagosFirstSon: 9:49pm On Mar 12
chopnaira:
Mazi Oke is a Clown. His wife is a friend to Betty's wife. He has failed before he even started. grin
If you mention Tinubu and APC in any state of Nigeria right now, you will be stoned to death .

Don't even risk it

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by senatordave1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 12
LagosFirstSon:

If you mention Tinubu and APC in any state of Nigeria right now, you will be stoned to death .

Don't even risk it

Some states love and and tinubu naturally son

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by senatordave1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 12
iamtardey:
This mannn… grin

It is his turn actually.aketi would have handed over to him.he has been contesting since 2012

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by LagosFirstSon: 9:56pm On Mar 12
senatordave1:

Some states love and and tinubu naturally son
Not in Osun state where Tinubu cousin, Gboyega Oyetola was rejected in the last governorship election.

In this same Osun state, Tinubu lost woefully in the presidential election.

This is the same Osun state that Tinubu originally hails from o

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by iamtardey: 9:57pm On Mar 12
senatordave1:

It is his turn actually.aketi would have handed over to him.he has been contesting since 2012

🚶🏿
👀 I thought he was pdp the last time out 🥲

1 Like

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by Paraman: 10:02pm On Mar 12
senatordave1:

I doubt aketi will handover to him. I don't think he will be able to outspend the governor at the primary.

4 Likes

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by senatordave1(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12
iamtardey:

🚶🏿
👀 I thought he was pdp the last time out 🥲

Yes in 2012 coming behind mimiko.he joined APC in 2016 and after losing primaries went to contest under AD and then returned to APC and wanted to contest against aketi in 2020 but stepped down in return for the ticket in 2024

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by fergie001: 10:03pm On Mar 12
senatordave1:

He won a few cases for the PDP whilst in the Party.

He was even a former National Legal Adviser of the PDP, I know him more for his legal heroics.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by senatordave1(m): 10:04pm On Mar 12
LagosFirstSon:

Not in Osun state where Tinubu cousin, Gboyega Oyetola was rejected in the last governorship election.

In this same Osun state, Tinubu lost my woefully in the presidential election.

This is the same Osun state that Tinubu originally hails from o

Tinubu lost by 9000 votes,how is that woeful or don't you check your dictionary as well? So if he loses osun,it means he will lose the election? Obidients always focus on irrelevant issues while the main issues escapes them

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by iamtardey: 10:04pm On Mar 12
senatordave1:

Yes in 2012 coming behind mimiko.he joined APC in 2016 and after losing primaries went to contest under AD and then returned to APC and wanted to contest against aketi in 2020 but stepped down in return for the ticket in 2024
with his looted funds waste as usual
Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by senatordave1(m): 10:04pm On Mar 12
iamtardey:
with his looted funds waste as usual

Who doesn't loot

3 Likes

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by iamtardey: 10:05pm On Mar 12
senatordave1:

Who doesn't loot
😏
Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by senatordave1(m): 10:06pm On Mar 12
fergie001:
He won a few cases for the PDP whilst in the Party.

He was even a former National Legal Adviser of the PDP, I know him more for his legal heroics.

I believe aketi promised him the ticket and tinubu favours him but with aiyedatiwa in the driving seat,it is hard.

Nkem abonta has been suspended

4 Likes

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by senatordave1(m): 10:06pm On Mar 12
Paraman:
I doubt aketi will handover to him. I don't think he will be able to outspend the governor at the primary.

It is not about outspending but who tinubu wants.the party exco in ondo is anti governor

2 Likes

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by PointZerom: 10:08pm On Mar 12
grin

Once you see them shouting Emilokan, just know that they're empty.

8 Likes

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by Obakoolex(m): 10:08pm On Mar 12
Alaye forget grin
Emilokan won't work for you....that statement is divine, not for chicken hearted men

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by Jokerman(m): 10:09pm On Mar 12
Lol... 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by Daniel7543: 10:10pm On Mar 12
Yes oo.
Olusola lokan.
My vote is for you.
4 + 4 for you sir.

4 Likes

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by VinnyBaba: 10:10pm On Mar 12
EmiloCrazy.

The govt of 'Na my Turn and na Statistics we go Chop? wink cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by emmabest2000(m): 10:10pm On Mar 12
Na turn by turn oooooi

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by Zonefree(m): 10:10pm On Mar 12
chopnaira:
Mazi Oke is a Clown. His wife is a friend to Betty's wife. He has failed before he even started. grin
So, who's Betty's wife? undecided

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by bigdammyj: 10:11pm On Mar 12
Noted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by fergie001: 10:12pm On Mar 12
senatordave1:

I believe aketi promised him the ticket and tinubu favours him but with aiyedatiwa in the driving seat,it is hard.

Nkem abonta has been suspended
It's Ukwa people's business.

I favour him because he comes from one of the remotest parts of Ondo South, my only issues with him is when they get there, they forget everything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by sukkot: 10:12pm On Mar 12
grin emile o corn 🌽

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by jaxxy(m): 10:13pm On Mar 12
chopnaira:

bigots never go far. Shun it

5 Likes

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by Apus: 10:13pm On Mar 12
If na country wey everybody head correct this man for don hear am. Don't be surprised he will still win the election.

E bin pa wa !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke by kestolove95(m): 10:14pm On Mar 12
Olusola is OK'e

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: PDP Banks On Atiku/obi, Saraki, Others / Can Someone Explain These Terms "recurrent" & "capital" Expenditure / Pictures Of A Doctor Who Died In The Damaturu Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.