Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,591 members, 7,827,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? (18839 Views)

Atiku Vs Tinubu: Who Is More Influential In Nigeria’s Political Terrain? / Tinubu Remains Influential In Nigeria – Buhari / James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by chiboycue: 4:08am On Sep 19, 2023
bennybuhari:
Who is more influential in the Niger Delta region between former president Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and former Delta state governor, Chief James Ibori?

Who among the two will the people listen to on issues in the region?

I think Chief James Ibori has more grassroot influence in the politics of the Niger delta region than Dr. Good luck Jonathan
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by KATERINA80: 4:12am On Sep 19, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

Bia Agbado Man, this discussion is not about thuggery..

They are talking about people that Naturally commands respect.

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Wike will hardly secure a 50% balloting in his Obio-Akpor LGA.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Amaggedon: 4:14am On Sep 19, 2023
IconicR:
I think it's James Ibori

Jonathan was just a figurehead president .

Peter Odili is still even more powerful than those two just that he doesnt make noise.
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by KATERINA80: 4:20am On Sep 19, 2023
Hmmmmmm πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” it is well but there is God ooo
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by KATERINA80: 4:21am On Sep 19, 2023
Na waooo
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by BrodaBenad: 4:25am On Sep 19, 2023
bennybuhari:
Papa Clark is just like Papa Adebanjo. No influence
are you a Niger Deltan ? I dey tell you fact you dey yarn dust
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Judolisco(m): 4:29am On Sep 19, 2023
IconicR:
I think it's James Ibori

Jonathan was just a figurehead president .

figurehead president for Nigeria... Una go jst dey talk Sha... U can have a figurehead governor in some state... But figurehead president.... When Jonathan lost d election people where scared he might not handover... Dats how powerful a sitting President is....
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Jostoman: 4:59am On Sep 19, 2023
fineberry:
your mouth too much grin this people are public figure..... there is nothing wrong if you actually retrospect and really evaluate them.
they have different agenda for south South, they are planning something.
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Bizibi(m): 5:11am On Sep 19, 2023
oyichi:
ibori is completely useless now, he has gone to settle with okowa after realizing how deep he has descended, even Amori, his closest brother and friend, did not follow the show of shame
you actually think he settled with okowa....
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by FireUpNow(m): 5:14am On Sep 19, 2023
James Ibori is a convicted criminal while GEJ a perfect gentleman.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by maticar: 5:15am On Sep 19, 2023
Nigerian youths opening a thread to compare a thief and a former president who is an icon of peace worldwide since he left office

Chaii, What a big shame!!

1 Like

Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by maticar: 5:16am On Sep 19, 2023
FireUpNow:
James Ibori is a convicted criminal while GEJ a perfect gentleman.
The comparison is an anomaly but then this is nairaland with weirdos and backward thinking folks.
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Bizibi(m): 5:23am On Sep 19, 2023
Rotji:
All these people shouting Ibori upandan dey confuse Delta state with Niger Delta o

Ibori na Capon for Delta State yes, but go Rivers, Edo, Akwa Ibom or Calabar and mention Ibori's name and see if people go send you

Please stop doing rubbish comparison jare angry angry
he was influential in Niger Delta in his prime before he went to prison,he fought gej during that time for the position of vice president and pride brought him down. He was getting too powerful that time.....in 2009 some of us were not happy with his underground moves against gej.he is good in grassroot politics.

Yes he was influential then but right now he is only influential in his state.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by IamtheTruth1(m): 5:23am On Sep 19, 2023
Felimax:
James Ibori 247!
He remains Odidigboigbo 1 of Africa.

You cannot mention any tangible project or achievement after Jonathan.

Ibori and Alameiseya were the front runners of resource control and eventually 13% derivation which was actualize by the Yar'Adua government, don't dare mention Jonathan.

Iboro get levels oh! I heard he was part of the people that wanted to seize power when late Yar’Adua died. People never asked who gave the order for the airport light to go off when the late President was brought In secretly. Dem be won play Jonathan movie
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by FireUpNow(m): 5:24am On Sep 19, 2023
maticar:

The comparison is an anomaly but then this is nairaland with weirdos and backward thinking folks.
You are very correct sometimes some themes I see here makes me feel very sad. Imagine someone here claiming that GEJ is a weak man and that is the reason Buhari and Tinubu came into power. My question is between GEJ and the Nigerian populace who is more powerful? Nigerians voted for the wrong people just because of money and ethnic background so they brought hardship upon themselves.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by kinguwem: 5:29am On Sep 19, 2023
Felimax:
James Ibori 247!
He remains Odidigboigbo 1 of Africa.

You cannot mention any tangible project or achievement after Jonathan.

Ibori and Alameiseya were the front runners of resource control and eventually 13% derivation which was actualize by the Yar'Adua government, don't dare mention Jonathan.

Yea, Ibori, Alameiseya, Victor Attah were prominent in the fight for resource control.
Ibori lost out when he refused to support Goodluck Jonathan (GEJ) as the acting President. The rest is history. With latest criminal case against him in the UK, he's off the political limelight.
GEJ is not just a national but international figure. The establishment of 11 new universities including one in his hometown; an Eastern Naval Command in Bayelsa, IPPIS, TSA etc. are landmark achievements.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by VinnyBaba: 5:36am On Sep 19, 2023
Skyview01:

"In class of OLUSEGUN OBASANJO, YAKUBU GOWON and Even BABANGIDA"

Can i have what you are smoking!

Ogbeni, He is that Class.πŸ˜πŸ™‚

He doesn't Have to be an Ex-Head of State!🀨

The Man is a Foremost Nationalist and Elder STATESMAN.

When He was Federal Commissioner of Information under Gen Yakubu Gowon in the Mid 70's, Someone like BABANGIDA was Unknown.πŸ˜•

EK CLARK is a Respected ICON in Nigeria!πŸ˜ŠπŸ™‚
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Ubanz: 6:04am On Sep 19, 2023
Johnathan is not interested in being influencial. Or being in competition with anyone.
Tinubu and u guys said buhari is better,we have seen buhari.
The tinubus are now telling us buhari is worse,we are watching.
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 19, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Ogbeni, He is that Class.πŸ˜πŸ™‚

He doesn't Have to be an Ex-Head of State!🀨

The Man is a Foremost Nationalist and Elder STATESMAN.

When He was Federal Commissioner of Information under Gen Yakubu Gowon in the Mid 70's, Someone like BABANGIDA was Unknown.πŸ˜•

EK CLARK is a Respected ICON in Nigeria!πŸ˜ŠπŸ™‚

Fani Kayode was a federal minister, the same status as a federal commissioner.

You compare that to former presidents?

Again, can i have that thing you are smoking!
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Blackdisciple(m): 6:05am On Sep 19, 2023
Once you are a criminal in nigeria just have it at the back of your mind that you will be celebrated
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Omalicious1: 6:06am On Sep 19, 2023
bennybuhari:
Who is more influential in the Niger Delta region between former president Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and former Delta state governor, Chief James Ibori?

Who among the two will the people listen to on issues in the region?

Please what the parameters for comparison?
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Felimax(m): 6:13am On Sep 19, 2023
[quote author=KATERINA80 post=125882067][/quote]
You are right! I just mention a few.
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Felimax(m): 6:18am On Sep 19, 2023
kinguwem:
Yea, Ibori, Alameiseya, Victor Attah were prominent in the fight for resource control.
Ibori lost out when he refused to support Goodluck Jonathan (GEJ) as the acting President. The rest is history. With latest criminal case against him in the UK, he's off the political limelight.
GEJ is not just a national but international figure. The establishment of 11 new universities including one in his hometown; an Eastern Naval Command in Bayelsa, IPPIS, TSA etc. are landmark achievements.

As just a governor go to Ibori's village and see how that place was transformed.
As far as Niger Delta is concerned jonathan nor near Ibori.

Ushering the country to this catastrophe we call APC has worsten everything about Jonathan.
Ibori, even in jail has a say on who will be the governor of Delta State.

Jonathan is a nobody in Bayelsa. Go and ask about the last Bayelsa election.
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by sylve11: 6:58am On Sep 19, 2023
ponishah:

No, no groundnut and kpokpogarri , then one bottle of ice-chilled coke.

That soaked oil garri and fis dey affect brain grin grin cool
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by HRMK: 7:02am On Sep 19, 2023
i dont see any difference between the two!one ruled as a corrupt governor and the other as a corrupt president!i guess one only gets popular with corruption in nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by aniblue(m): 7:10am On Sep 19, 2023
How do you compare an ex president and commander in chief of the armforces to an ex gov?
Does it make sense?

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by VinnyBaba: 7:35am On Sep 19, 2023
Skyview01:

Fani Kayode was a federal minister, the same status as a federal commissioner.

You compare that to former presidents?

Again, can i have that thing you are smoking!

My Brother, I see that you are IGNORANT about the Affairs of Niger Delta and Nigeria @Large. πŸ˜•πŸ˜’

Otherwise you won't Compare Chief EK CLARK and Femi Fani-Kayode.😏

Just Leave the Matter to Rest! πŸ™‚
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by VinnyBaba: 7:38am On Sep 19, 2023
Felimax:

As just a governor go to Ibori's village and see how that place was transformed.
As far as Niger Delta is concerned jonathan nor near Ibori.

Ushering the country to this catastrophe we call APC has worsten everything about Jonathan.
Ibori, even in jail has a say on who will be the governor of Delta State.

Jonathan is a nobody in Bayelsa. Go and ask about the last Bayelsa election.

See your MOUTH.😏

Most of You don't live in Delta State or are simply DELUSIONAL. πŸ˜•πŸ˜’

Ibori canNOT influence any Political Decision in Delta State, currently.

He is like a Bat!

Neither in PDP or APC. πŸ˜•πŸ˜Ÿ
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by bitbillionaire: 7:41am On Sep 19, 2023
I consider it an insult to compare Jonathan with Ibori though.

James Ibori may be a local champion because we celebrate and glamorise nonsense and criminality in this part of the world.

Goodluck Jonathan is a global icon, respected throughout Africa and globally; to me this is far more important than merely having local influence and be celebrated by illiterate, unevolved, local people.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by ppogba: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2023
SmartPolician:

Neither is the negative version of Either.

Neither goes with NOR, while Either goes with OR.

Either and Neither are used when you have two items. You don't need NONE in such instances because NONE is used when the number is uncertain or undefined This is the answer to your question.

Examples

Neither Mark nor Matthew attended the party. (The two boys didn't attend the party)

None of the boys was at the party. (The uncertain number of boys didn't attend the party).

Kudos to you.
Not many people can justify their position when it comes to the use of engllish especially on Nairaland where people exhibit their ignorance with so much gusto and alacrity.

I am not surprised "your challenger" can not even acknowledge this simple correction and move on.

Once again, kudos to you.
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:07am On Sep 19, 2023
Politically, I will say Ibori.
Re: James Ibori & Goodluck Jonathan: Who Is More Influential In Niger Delta Region? by Spiff20(m): 8:17am On Sep 19, 2023
Neither. It's Wike.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti’s Economy Heading For Emergency – Fayemi / Buhari Will Win - NOI Polls / Pictures As Tinubu Holds Town Hall Meeting With Miners In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.