Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) (25952 Views)

Mohbad’s Widow Testifies Before Coroner, Recalls Singer’s Last Moments / Lagos Chief Coroner Directs Inquest Into Mohbad’s Death / "40 Seconds Man Coroner" Tonto Dikeh In New Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Johnnyessence(m): 5:02am On Sep 20, 2023
Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death

A prominent human rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), has requested a coroner’s inquest into the death of the late Nigerian singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad.

This request was contained in a letter to the Chief Coroner, High Court of Lagos State, on Monday.

The letter signed by his daughter, Folakemi Falana, described the singer's death as "very tragic" and "mysterious".

Sharing the letter via her Instagram account, Falana said, "Mohbad's death stings because despite the fact that he wasn't on my radar and I never met him or knew him personally, I heard he was trying to leave his Label.

"Some of his friends reached out to me months ago for advice especially as they knew I had helped other artists negotiate leaving their record labels.

"I told them I was happy to help and they could put us in touch but they came back to me saying they were handling it. I genuinely thought they had come to an agreement. So imagine my shock and horror finding out he was being terribly harassed and living in fear till his last day.

"After speaking to some of his friends and relatives, I've written to the Chief Coroner of Lagos state to conduct a coroner's inquest. The letter was received and acknowledged today. We will continue to apply pressure till we get answers.

"I know we can't bring him back but his loved ones deserve to know what happened to him. Mohbad certainly deserves justice."

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Johnnyessence(m): 5:03am On Sep 20, 2023
Mohbad ghost is really fighting.
Justice must prevail.
That's why justice ⚖️ must be served 👏

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by MS247: 5:09am On Sep 20, 2023
cool

This is what any sensible elder and lawyer would ask for before jumping into conclusion and blaming people

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by olaiya2007(m): 5:57am On Sep 20, 2023
Way to go... #justice4mohbad

6 Likes

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by princeade86(m): 6:41am On Sep 20, 2023
Good

3 Likes

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Georgry(m): 6:58am On Sep 20, 2023
sad

1 Like

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by festacman(m): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2023
Imole! The light shining even in the grave.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Olachase(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2023
They should let this guy rest in peace
Naira malay didn't kW anything about the guy death

Na him gra gra put him for trouble

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by BobbieZion(m): 8:40am On Sep 20, 2023
Johnnyessence:
Justice must prevail.

Nothing like ghost.
Stop believing in such things.

The love a people got for someone lives after them.

12 Likes

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Donaldoni: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2023
Ok
Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by GanagiBitrus: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2023
Way to go.
Wonder why they rushed to bury him without doing such basics, especially with the controversies surrounding his untimely death.

7 Likes

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by osuofia2(m): 8:40am On Sep 20, 2023
WAY TO GO,
Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by LaSenior: 8:41am On Sep 20, 2023
cool
Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Kemadealadire(f): 8:41am On Sep 20, 2023
Sad.
Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Reelmii: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2023
Hmm...lets keep the fire burning....this fight is for the upcoming artists,, na una people dey fight for...mohbad is gone, but u all should come together and try to win this fight because na una go benefits....

God only used mohbad's death to reveal all this evil.....and it is said that once u identify ur problem,, u have gotten a solution....so u all should make sure the solution comes to stay

Many of this upcoming artists may not survive half of what imole endured.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Whitecoal711: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2023
Hmm
Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Varunpulyani: 8:43am On Sep 20, 2023
Hurriedly buried within 48 hrs .

Cemented and plastered

1 Like

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by LaSenior: 8:43am On Sep 20, 2023
Johnnyessence:
Justice must prevail.
Strong spirit no dey die yes he may have strong spirit but he became vulnerable because of the oaths he took

That's why we should always mind the kind of oaths we take oaths makes your spirit vulnerable to attacks

3 Likes

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by AMAUCHESKY(m): 8:44am On Sep 20, 2023
and you didn't really verify if they were really handling it...
Your comment sir really shows that the mohbad seek for help from different places but Nigerian attitude of you must pay money before investigation which I believed you guys also charge him high that makes him feel he can handle it himself..

RIP boy

This is Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by kareemkamil(m): 8:44am On Sep 20, 2023
Ekiti man don enter, wahala for Malian's

4 Likes

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Olichoke: 8:47am On Sep 20, 2023
Olachase:

May you die like Mohbad for defending Nairamaly

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Daddy46: 8:47am On Sep 20, 2023
Olachase:

come ikorodu first gate I wan check something no tell the color of your clothes I wan just check something abeg come

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Morbeta11(m): 8:48am On Sep 20, 2023
Every Corona inquest never meet up to expectation....maybe if they use Camry, we can get something out of it.

1 Like

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Charismatic107: 8:48am On Sep 20, 2023
Olachase:

Read what you type up there slowly and ask yourself if you are making any sense. Una go just on data off sense.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by MT: 8:50am On Sep 20, 2023
Johnnyessence:
Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death

Falana always looking for opportunities to be relevant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by AOB1: 8:51am On Sep 20, 2023
sad
Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by shielaAhmed: 8:51am On Sep 20, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Truths9ja: 8:51am On Sep 20, 2023
Unrest in the camp of Mohbad’s k+ll£rs as actor Femi Branch goes spiritual

Video credit: Instablog9ja

https://twitter.com/instablog9ja/status/1704197478516490667

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvchMCIaSGg?si=dF6ONvFFLkxQAjt7

More Prayers from Actor Femi Branch as he seek the face of God and justice on the killers of Mohbad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgoXdovyczA?si=GwdkIxWClRgtBv9C

1 Share

Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2023
Voic
Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by Petyprince: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2023
k
Re: Falana Requests Coroner’s Inquest Into Mohbad's Death (Pictures) by seunjungle1(m): 8:55am On Sep 20, 2023
Olagbade or what's ur name? Ori e kope rara!

Olachase:

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Julius Agwu Celebrates Daughter’s 6th Birthday In USA (Photos) / Goldie's Husband Denied Nigerian Visa To Attend Her Funeral / Wizkid Becomes Part Of Cîroc X Moschino Collaboration (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.