Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? (12476 Views)

Jealous Wife Thinks Her Husband's Regional Manager Is His Side Chick (Video) / My Husband Is Too Jealous / Is It Right To Have A Favourite Child As A Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Babypal: 8:36am On Sep 20, 2023
Is it possible for a biological parent to get jealous of a child's success? Using mobads dad for an instance some claim he may be aware of the circumstances leading to his child's death.

How possible is this friends?

Any real life experience, kindly share?

4 Likes

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by izonborn098(m): 9:14am On Sep 20, 2023
Yes... Some parents don't want their children to be above them.. I don see where mama pray so that her first son would die openly..

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Caaz: 9:16am On Sep 20, 2023
Your mum openly said that to you ?
izonborn098:
Yes...
Some parents don't want their children to be above them..
I don see where mama pray so that her first son would die openly..
The apple doesn't fall far from the trees,I think we should get her arrested.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by izonborn098(m): 9:19am On Sep 20, 2023
You dey smoke? Oya read my write up again this time don't hurry..
Caaz:
Your mum openly said that you you?
The apple doesn't fall far from the trees.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Nasri100(m): 9:24am On Sep 20, 2023
Nothing new.

Some parents don't want their kids to be more successful than them.

The thought of this is crazy but always remember people have different personalities.

That's why we have armed robbers and other people that cant fathom the thought of taking a gun to rob someone.

So YES its possible. We are made different.

49 Likes

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by talented321: 9:27am On Sep 20, 2023
Many poor parents are jealous of their chidren especially when the parents think he's doing more for his babes.. Or abandon them..

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by talented321: 9:29am On Sep 20, 2023
Why u mention smoke na, ask caaz whether she take colos..
izonborn098:
You dey smoke? Oya read my write up again this time don't hurry..

1 Like

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Babypal: 9:57am On Sep 20, 2023
izonborn098:
Yes...
Some parents don't want their children to be above them..
I don see where mama pray so that her first son would die openly..

Omoh!
Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Babypal: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2023
Nasri100:
Nothing new.

Some parents don't want their kids to be more successful than them.

The thought of this is crazy but always remember people have different personalities.

That's why we have armed robbers and other people that cant fathom the thought of taking a gun to rob someone.

So YES its possible. We are made different.

Does this make the saying of all parents wanting their kids to be more successful than them false?

1 Like

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by bluepreek(m): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2023
Why would a parent hate on his child's success?

Na only parent wey wan suffer for old age go behave like that.....

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Caaz: 10:00am On Sep 20, 2023
If you're smart,you'll decipher that his mo...ther told him what he just pointed out.
Babypal:

Omoh!
Our prayers are with him(them)
There's one that always follow him about like a RACOON on nairaland.
Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Octopusssy(f): 10:17am On Sep 20, 2023
That is witchcraft. In some churches, this is called "unconscious witchcraft". You are unconsciously operating like a witch/wizard. First class azeh

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Nasri100(m): 10:21am On Sep 20, 2023
Babypal:

Does this make the saying of all parents wanting their kids to be more successful than them false?

Not all parents want their kids to be successful than them. That's a big fact.

I know this could be an anomaly for Nigerians cause people here see children as investments to care for them later over what they really are - Leaving a legacy and ostensibly your desire to care for someone, unlike in the West where the mentality is different.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by izonborn098(m): 11:12am On Sep 20, 2023
Sharp
talented321:
Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by izonborn098(m): 11:15am On Sep 20, 2023
Stop behaving like village girl...
Caaz:
If you're smart,you'll decipher that his mo...ther told him what he just pointed out.
Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by talented321: 11:23am On Sep 20, 2023
Madam whatsupp, you mistake me for ur ex, izonborn098 come o, did u know this woman, do you guys have any out-standing una never settle..
You alway wail, i hope you okay because ur life matters to us. Forget nairaland toxic nature, okay..
Caaz:

1 Like

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by frozen70(f): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2023
Babypal:
Is it possible for a biological parent to get jealous of a child's success? Using mobads dad for an instance some claim he may be aware of the circumstances leading to his child's death.

How possible is this friends?

Any real life experience, kindly share?
Only an evil parent will be jealous of his child success

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Puss360(f): 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
It's not really common...
But even if it happens, I doubt if that parent actually gave birth to that child, or maybe that child was a result of rape or unwanted pregnancy...
Aside that, most parents are always happy with their child's success to the extent that some parents doesn't want their Child to get married sef... especially their sons..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by BarrElChapo(m): 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2023
Yes
Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Flame333: 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2023
We wish for better father but that of Mohbad, I won't pray it for my enemies...

Hear thisngs like, all his property documents are with his wife family..

Come and see where am staying O

When your pikin just die.. You were not man enough to organize a better burial for him..

News now be say, he even wanted to bury him at the night the guy died..

2 Likes

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Aile(m): 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
Please my kids should be better than me o

4 Likes

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by RepoMan007: 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2023
Yes. Through witchcraft whereby one has to remain useless for the other to see oldage and wealth.
Koledowo and Oyiboyi stuffs.
Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by baike: 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
Yes na.. them plenty for my area shocked
Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by IamAtAnger: 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
You're being so unreasonable... must u be ackward?
talented321:
Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by KingOKON: 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
Only witchcraft parents
Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by FashionCookie(f): 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2023
Only from bad families.
Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Bbqekpa: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
Indeed! They can be
Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by AllBlack: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
okay. another Mohbad thread. exactly what we need on a Wednesday

2 Likes

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by pol23: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
Suddenly,y’all love mohbad pass his parent and his wife.
This social media frenzy only shows how unbalance many of you are.
And many of you are doing way worst than Nairamarley to your family members,friends, colleagues .
The same thugs that are protesting against Nairamarley are the same guys that work for politicians during last election.
The audacity to even question a parent love for his son, simply because you’re been lead with your emotions… do you know what’s happening on the background… but you’re on social media enjoying the rave , feeling like you know it all.
I’ve never been a fan of Nairamarley and can never be fan of a dirty guy like that, he might be guilty of some accusations, but I won’t be quick to judge.
Everyone cat and dog suddenly knows more than people who’re in the game.
Even Mohbads true friends are not fully saying the truth.
Bella can tell us the whole truth, but no they’re beating behind the bush…
I wish justice will prevail, atleast for his Son to grow up and know his dad got the justice he needed.
If everybody shouting Mohbad can actually take a look at how they’re treating people around them.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? by Ara21(f): 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
Some parents can be so mean, that man should be arrested, he knows something about the son's death, why will he want to buriey him that same night without knowing or finding cause of his death.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sure Home Online Marriage Seminar: 40th Wedding Anniversary Edition / Why Isn’t Infidelity A Crime? / Sex During Fasting For Christians (RCCG)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.