Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) (20072 Views)

Why The Kano Tribunal Verdict Can’t Stand - Farooq Kperogi / "Why Kano State Is Poor" - Reno Omokri / Why Kano Speaker Ata Was Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by Larryndelaw: 2:17am On Sep 21, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

You mean the tribunal recounted the votes that is equivalent to 2.5 million?
Thats the job of petitioner APC to do and they did that with proof giving to the respondent NNPP and INEC to verify also
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by seanfer(m): 4:06am On Sep 21, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

You mean the tribunal recounted the votes that is equivalent to 2.5 million?

Chai. Not the tribunal that will re-count the ballots. The court will give the appellant the order to re-examine the ballots in the presence of respondents lawyers and INEC.
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:52am On Sep 21, 2023
mycar:

Please don't prove me wrong about your dumbness because I don't think you are one. If APC can't take their invalid votes to court, was their own election different?

If NNPP was given 1000 votes , APC 600, PDP 300, others 50 and invalid votes 5, and it was later found out that the number of invalid votes was for example 500. isn't 500 not supposed to be minus from each party's votes equitably?
I know that your IQ is very low and not your fault but being dumb is definitely a choice.

Apc digged out more invalid votes from nnpp, it's left with nnpp to do the same by pray to the judges too to defend their votes

1 Like

Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by TGM2015: 4:56am On Sep 21, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

You mean that INEC didn't sign and collate these 165000 votes? Or BVAS didn't record them?
I didn’t mean any of what you posted. The news stated that, some over 165,000 ballot papers were not signed/dated/stamped, the electoral (Legislated) law stated that a ballot paper must be stamped, dated, and signed.

INEC or any of her representatives err in law by counting, recording, and collating unsigned / unstamped / undated ballot paper.

My post is simply saying, you can only argue at the Tribunal with content in a legislated (Electoral) law and not a regulatory guidelines (INEC election guidelines) issued by a legislated body (INEC). It was law that established INEC, so INEC issued instruction/guidelines/policies can not be recognised above the law that established it because she derived her powers from that law and expected to operates within the same law. Without Electoral law, there is no INEC.
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by TGM2015: 5:09am On Sep 21, 2023
mycar:

Please don't prove me wrong about your dumbness because I don't think you are one. If APC can't take their invalid votes to court, was their own election different?

If NNPP was given 1000 votes , APC 600, PDP 300, others 50 and invalid votes 5, and it was later found out that the number of invalid votes was for example 500. isn't 500 not supposed to be minus from each party's votes equitably?
I know that your IQ is very low and not your fault but being dumb is definitely a choice.
Valid argument, but we don't have much detail for now but have you considered another possibilities like in the scenarios below.

ANNOUNCED RESULTS
NNPC 80
APC 15
OTHERS 5

RESULTS AFTER REMOVING UNSIGNED BALLOTS (SCENARIO A)
NNPC 50
APC 8
OTHERS 2
UNSIGNED 40

RESULTS AFTER REMOVING UNSIGNED BALLOTS (SCENARIO B)
NNPC 40
APC 15
OTHERS 5
UNSIGNED 40

In scenarios A, the election should be cancelled and rerun be ordered. That is the angle you are looking at.

In scenario B, there is no need for cancellation because it is "clearly obvious" that the invalid ballot papers are for NNPC.
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by Bluntemperor: 5:16am On Sep 21, 2023
jargonzboi:
This is how to win petition at election tribunals.

Bring concrete evidence that cannot be jettisoned.
Not just making noise on social media and threatening judges.
Look at the evidence! Clean and clear.
But when you didn't bring evidence how can you expect the judges to rule in your favor?
Elections are not won with emotional blackmail.

God bless you with more sense bro!
-You want the Courts to certified Votes that is blurred!
-Votes without INEC Stamps!
-Votes that are not Signed by Officials!
And you are gallivanting on the Social Media Platforms and Twitter's Polls.
-Bringing 89- Reasons why you win,abi?
It's not about long list but what are your koko- evidence?
Nigerian Opposition Parties are bunches of Noise Makers and Kit Makers! They love to confused many Youths,who are too gaulibles!
Make Una Kontinue!
' We Won, indeed!

1 Like

Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by ubimagos: 5:22am On Sep 21, 2023
dmostcheerful:
Ndi Ara, but there rejected all the blurred documents Obi presented. grin

Blurred/not stamp!
Why present blurred document as evidence, who does that?
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by mycar: 5:53am On Sep 21, 2023
Yusman316:

If you don't know just ask for explanation instead of taking the 'coward's route' (insults). Out of the votes NNPP got to win the election APC was able to prove to the tribunal that about 166,000 (one hundred and sixty-six thousand) of those votes were invalid. And after those votes were subtracted from the total number of votes NNPP got, APC's votes now surpassed that of NNPP. It was not the general invalid votes from the governorship election that was in question but rather NNPP's vote. I hope I have made sense to you, Mr smart a$$
I am not disputing what APC said, I am only questioning why tribunal did not look at all the votes because I am 100% sure that even majority of the votes for APC were also either not properly signed or not signed at all and If any party should rig election in kano, it's APC.
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by mycar: 5:55am On Sep 21, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Apc digged out more invalid votes from nnpp, it's left with nnpp to do the same by pray to the judges too to defend their votes
I see, the same thing PEPT refrained from
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by Decent09(m): 5:59am On Sep 21, 2023
kingsways:
I do not know if this is Democaracy, warpedcracy or what ??

Instead wasting time and resources conducting elections, we should just be telling judges to choose who will be president or Governor. Since the judges are wisemen, wiser than all the voters, wiser than everybody

Else how do you explain that millions of people can vote for someone and 3 human beings (i mean just 3 bloody human beings) can meet somewhere and, after drinking ogogoro together, overturn the whole thing and instal someone that nobody voted for

You guys said you wanted Western Democracies abi, una never see anything.
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by Bluntemperor: 7:13am On Sep 21, 2023
Decent09:

You guys said you wanted Western Democracies abi, una never see anything.

You should tell us your own System of govt that is better than a Democracy, afterall Democracy have Rules! Are ALL the Politicians abiding by the Rules? Please answer!
Is it the one AguinIrosi- brought as Unitary or like the Rwandan - One Party - even After dubiously changing that Country Constitution from 2- terms to - 3rd terms,now ,the foolish Kegame wants - 4- th terms next yr in that Country?
-Or the Abacha's own- whose Agenda was to perpetuate himself in power by putting the CBN under his nose and looted Nigerian Resources by sending Our Own Money abroad and till date - the Western Countries are still compassionate to be repatrating -Our Own Money back to us? Is that not funny?
If you try that under Dictatorship Countries like Russia or China,you will never get it back- because they no send Una make you bring your Corrupt Money to their Country!
-Or the IBB - Mr Dribbler,an Evil genius- for 8- yrs, crumbled all Democratic Institutions - destroyed the Naira through decoys and went to Place a Unilateral SFEM - Forex on Nigerians because of greed and when his Confusion gained nothing like a rolling Stone that can't gather moistures,then tumbled with rhetorics ' I stepped aside' with dubious character,he handed over to his Abacha brother that led Nigeria to no where under Shonekan ' Interim Govt Nonsense ' - which one of our former govt Lawyer,now a University Owner,was speewing rubbish in March.
•Indomie generation,ask for road signs,so not to go amiss!
The Problems of Democracy is in all of us, even where you have Clear Winners,we are so Crude in our thoughts and because we didn't Win,we looked for excuses and avenue to be calling the Army to back to take Power,but because of our nativity and lack of Wisdom,we failed to see that the Army can't give Democracy to 'the Bloody Civilian' because they were never trained to rule nor do they know anything about Govt anywhere in the World!
For you can't give what you don't have!
Please,park somewhere,let Nigeria be!
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by emmadejust(m): 7:30am On Sep 21, 2023
jargonzboi:
This is how to win petition at election tribunals.

Bring concrete evidence that cannot be jettisoned.

Not just making noise on social media and threatening judges.

Look at the evidence! Clean and clear.
But when you didn't bring evidence how can you expect the judges to rule in your favor?

Elections are not won with emotional blackmail.

Naturally governorship election its easy to overturn than presidential election ..

Check the code , APC chairman is from kano, and kano state is a necessary place for president to hold in next election .

They will squeeze out any person outside their party holding the state .😂

Kwakwaso is a goner .😂
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by sevenhundred(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2023
Coolgent:

Presiding officers didn't sign and stamp the said staggering 163,000 ballot pappers!
that means an inec po can intentionally refuse to sign ballot paper.. to the advantage of other....
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by tamdun: 8:10am On Sep 21, 2023
emmyblow:
Election in Nigeria is gradual fading away. No more peoples choice again. What we buy is not what is being given, only God can help us all. 😂😂😂
Are you saying the judge should allowed unsigned and unstamped ballot paper? To u that is justice abi
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by tamdun: 8:12am On Sep 21, 2023
justified007:

Both you and the person you quoted are actually not that senslble. APC requested for inspection of the ballot papers which is a common practice in the electioneering tribunal and their prayer was granted . In the process of the inspection of the election materials it was discovered that about 160,000 unsigned and unstamped ballot papers were discovered to have been used to vote for NNPP (meaning they're not approved ballot papers from INEC and the votes casted with them are invalid) .

The number of votes casted with strange ballot papers for NNPP was removed from their total votes and if you minus that from their votes it shows APC scored the highest votes in the election.

So what's rocket science in that for you guys to understand?
U think they don't know? Those people are just irredeemable,no matter the evidence,they'll still complain
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by tamdun: 8:26am On Sep 21, 2023
BreconHills:

Blurred documents means go back to the original EC4A. Subpoenae the copies with the DPO and then cross check them. The LP lawyers failed to do that and instead turned up with photocopy" paper that lacked probative value.

Why in the world will you refuse to present primary evidence and then resort to secondary evidence when the primary residence is not lost or damaged? Those LP lawyers were either under a spell or grossly misinformed about the evidence act.

I cant believe that, so this is what I think happened...

The senior lawyers in the LP and Atikus camp were so full of themselves they did not allow dissent from younger lawyers who might have provided contrary opinions. The benefit of democratising the lawyers trial conference was thus lost and the senior lawyers became a single point of failure.

I have seem this happen again and again when there are too many egos in the room.
Atiku and obi lawyers are not dumb,they know that going to primary evidence is like shooting themselve on the foot,a lot will be revealed that will work against them
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by tamdun: 8:31am On Sep 21, 2023
Sheggy13:

I thought each party agent in a polling unit gets a copy of the ballot paper of that polling unit. My question is why didn't Peter Obi retrieve those from their LP party agents and use for his defense at the tribunal instead of relying on Irev copies?
Them no born them well,doing that will expose their rigging in SE,that's why they went to Irev to print blurred papers
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by ejimatic: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2023
Sheggy13:

I thought each party agent in a polling unit gets a copy of the ballot paper of that polling unit. My question is why didn't Peter Obi retrieve those from their LP party agents and use for his defense at the tribunal instead of relying on Irev copies?
. Obi did not come with Ballot papers.He came with downloaded IREV results. He could have come with Ballot papers to prove his case. The issue is where is the time to do so? He did not also show the relevance of how what he presented made him win or affect the overall results of the election.
My concern in Kano matter is : where did they get the unstamped ballot papers?
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by Coolgent(m): 9:25am On Sep 21, 2023
sevenhundred:
that means an inec po can intentionally refuse to sign ballot paper.. to the advantage of other....
Yes, that's why there's need for a very educated party agent.

In some cases you will pay between some amount of money for the inec adhoc staff to deliberately induce OVER VOTING just to spoil your opponent votes if he is winning in that particular polling unit.
Police are far more better than INEC Staff!
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2023
TGM2015:

Petitioners at the Tribunal are expected to provide evidences of their allegations in all irregularities they hold claims on.

The court rules based on convincing evidences recognised by act legislated into law before them and not oral claims of irregularities or regulatory guidelines issued by institution created by legislated law.

Simply put, but I hope you know evidence can be cooked?
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by WillEndInPraise: 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
justified007:

Ori awon babanla e daru. We will continue teaching you f00ls simple logic without asking for payment.
Dindinrin grin grin grin
Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by TGM2015: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

Simply put, but I hope you know evidence can be cooked?
Yes of course, the responsibility falls on the other party(ies) to proof it was cooked during cross examination.

1 Like

Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by Yusman316(m): 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2023
mycar:

I am not disputing what APC said, I am only questioning why tribunal did not look at all the votes because I am 100% sure that even majority of the votes for APC were also either not properly signed or not signed at all and If any party should rig election in kano, it's APC.
OK, I get your point but court system doesn't work like that. APC took NNPP to court so the judges can only look at the allegations against NNPP and evidence against NNPP. Doing anything other than that will be like going to deliver a message no one sent them, which is against their practice. That is why only NNPP votes were looked into. They were the only ones taken to the tribunal and not APC and the other political parties. You know many people still don't understand why the supreme court in IMO state declared Hope Uzodinma governor after he came a distant 4th. Hope Uzodinma simply proved (provided) evidence to the supreme court judges that his validly gotten votes from a particular zone during the election were not added to his vote tally. After inspection of the votes it was agreed that the votes were genuine and thereby added to his original votes. And when that was done, his votes now surpassed that of the PDP candidate that was originally announced as the winner. PDP and INEC didn't counter Hope Uzodinma's claim so the judges decision stood as it was not their jobs to get votes for other candidates/parties

1 Like

Re: APC Counsel Explains Why Kano Tribunal Judgment Favoured Them (Video) by Yusufisraelj(m): 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2023
TGM2015:

Yes of course, the responsibility falls on the other party(ies) to proof it was cooked during cross examination.

Damn straight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group / "Osinbajo Acts Under A Cabal Loyal To President Buhari" - Yinka Odumakin / Oluremi Omowaiye Birthday: Well-wishers Defy Rain, Celebrate Osun Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.