Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall (5553 Views)

Bad State Of Ariaria International Market In Aba After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall / See What Some Streets In Lagos Look Like After Heavy Rainfall (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 19, 2011
Eko Ile:

And one ignorant ibo fool was boasting that stuff like rain related natural disasters don't occur in Enugu. I'm not even sure this is land slide, looks more like the same erosion plaguing the whole eastern part of Nigeria.

And the same ignorant people are always quick to bad mouth tree planting when in fact they should be the ones planting trees to save the whole region.

Sometimes I wonder about these people I swear.
Don't mind them iboes screaming tribalism.I'm sure they would be the ones throwing the missiles if this had happened in Lagos state.That picture looks like an earthquake just happened in enugu.chime is really working,Enugu O ni baje o
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by Konnektions146(m): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2011
i just wonder y we kill oursleves unneccessarily, y exactly is all these fight/tribalism?
adult acting like kiids, i wonder wat we tell little children wen we see them doing something like this, lets grow up please!!!
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by soma042(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2011
And one ignorant ibo fool was boasting that stuff like rain related natural disasters don't occur in Enugu. I'm not even sure this is land slide, looks more like the same erosion plaguing the whole eastern part of Nigeria.

And the same ignorant people are always quick to bad mouth tree planting when in fact they should be the ones planting trees to save the whole region.

stupid and bias mind

I'm not interested in your bogus on paper tree planting scheme? Show us pictures of your leaders planting trees and where the trees were planted.

how can u b interested when ur only a taut

Guy, must u people turn every thread u post in into tribalist thread, how old are u, 10?
what do espect from a slowpoke

to the those people affected they should stay away from the area, and also be calm. the govt. will soon come to their aid.
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 19, 2011
soma042:

[s]And one ignorant ibo fool was boasting that stuff like rain related natural disasters don't occur in Enugu. I'm not even sure this is land slide, looks more like the same erosion plaguing the whole eastern part of Nigeria.

silly and bias mind

I'm not interested in your bogus on paper tree planting scheme? Show us pictures of your leaders planting trees and where the trees were planted.

how can u b interested when your only a taut

Guy, must u people turn every thread u post in into tribalist thread, how old are u, 10?
what do espect from a slowpoke

to the those people affected they should stay away from the area, and also be calm. the govt. will soon come to their aid.[/s]
Deleted
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by soma042(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2011
042 always on top, if the pain too much 4 you go fall inside the the slid
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by soma042(m): 10:32am On Oct 19, 2011
a neighbourhood street in transekulu enugu

Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 19, 2011
Konnektions146:

i just wonder y we kill oursleves unneccessarily, y exactly is all these fight/tribalism?
adult acting like kiids, i wonder wat we tell little children wen we see them doing something like this, lets grow up please!!!
Some things never change.
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by EkoIle1: 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Don't mind them iboes screaming tribalism.I'm sure they would be the ones throwing the missiles if this had happened in Lagos state.That picture looks like an earthquake just happened in enugu.chime is really working,Enugu O ni baje o

These ibo clowns are really funny I swear. It's not tribalism when these dumb and ignorant tribal fools ridicule other people for planting trees,

Check them out here, trashing Fashola and tree planting.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-712024.0.html

And you wonder why they are always at the bottom of things.
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by jmaine: 1:53pm On Oct 19, 2011
I believe that if you must argue or hype an object . . .You must have a reasonable knowledge of what you want to hype . . .The link Eko Ile provided above is a prove that Eko Ile more often than not is ignorant about battles he chooses to fight  . . .Eko Ile, can you remember this dumb post of yours when flowers were planted . .

Only ignorant illiterates like you no sabi the importance of environmental beautification. The whole world is preaching greening against desertification and these backward illiterates is arguing the other way.

Why are the things we need to be proud of and always encourage terrible ideas to some Nigerians?

Can't believe the silly and backward rubbish these clowns post on NL sometime

And i debunked that rubbish with this below:

You forget your place with me . . you know how it goes  Wink . .  i would trim your cancerous brain cells to size as usual . . . So planting of flowers is tailored to curtail desertification with requisite global standards. . .Dude . . you are such an amazing fool for having the boldness to pollute this thread with that hilarious cocktail of stvpidity . . .

So If Fashola plants flowers, we should all shout hurray that desertification and global warming would cease  cheesy . . . . . . what a Joke  cool  . .
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by naijaking1: 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2011
South-East:

Tree planting, solution to climate change -- Director

August 04, 2011 15:55

Planting trees, solution to accelerating climate change

NAN-H-37

Trees

Enugu, Aug. 4, 2011 (NAN) The Enugu State Ministry of Environment and Mineral Resources has said that tree planting will help solve the problem of climate change. More here:

http://nannewsngr.com/section/4/tree-planting-solution-to-climate-change-director

Old Boy, no politics here.
I am from the area in question, and I have direct first hand account. Remember the Polo park constructions, what happened to the trees? Ecologically, if you cut down 10 trees, 300 should be planted for replacememnt, does that happen?
I have town's people who simply go about cutting down 200-300 year old trees, just because they think it's cool.
Our people have been miseducated about trees, erosion, and their interaction embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by ezeagu(m): 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2011
Eko Ile:

Are you serous? Is this a trick question because the fact that trees prevents landslides and erosion is pretty much elementary?

Let me know if this is a joke or trick question before I waste my time. 

Okay, it's elementary, so can you explain how it works?
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by naijaking1: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2011
ezeagu:

Basic ecology teaches how trees form the source of stability for the soil, grass, and animals. Their roots anchor them to the ground, and with time this becomes a sort of permanent fixture with the environment. Around the Awgu-OJi-River areas we have many precarious hills, and these roots serve to protect the soil by breaking wind and water speed. The effect of many trees are additive, and could rival any multibillion naira anti-erosion construction project ever to be designed by man.
Learning how to live, survive, and manage a stable ecological environment should be a mandatory course, especially in the east.
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by ezeagu(m): 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
But aren't trees supposed to prevent landslides that are quite shallow instead of massive soil collapse or landslides?

Like:

[center][img]http://4.bp..com/-lKpfhtt0Ckk/TZiupDKTtpI/AAAAAAAABy8/lniOU4so-NQ/s1600/landslide.jpg[/img]

[/center]
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by ProfJYK(m): 2:23pm On Oct 19, 2011
Some people who called Okonjo-Iweala lame for adopting foreign policies are seeing tree planting as the only solution to the erosion problems facing the southeast. seeing the greenery in the backdrop of the picture posted by the OP should silence such voices. i went with a friend to a Village ceremony somewhere in Imo state and saw how giant sinkholes appear in the middle of thick forests.

the trip to the erosion sites came up when i disputed that Imo didnt suffer from gully as much as anambra and enugu and he told me to forget what people wrote in the papers.

i think the MIX of high hillsides and deep valley with streams running has made the south east erosion problem one that is beyond mere tree planting.
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by EkoIle1: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
ezeagu:

You really don't need my opinion or the standard and global link between trees, erosion and flooding to justify what ever beliefs you feel like peddling.

You are of course entitled to our opinion, ignorant or not.
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by ezeagu(m): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
Huuuugh. . . are you always on?
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by EkoIle1: 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2011
jmaine:

I believe that if you must argue or hype an object . . .You must have a reasonable knowledge of what you want to hype . . .The link Eko Ile provided above is a prove that Eko Ile more often than not is ignorant about battles he chooses to fight  . . .Eko Ile, can you remember this dumb post of yours when flowers were planted . .

And i debunked that rubbish with this below:

So If Fashola plants flowers, we should all shout hurray that desertification and global warming would cease  cheesy . . . . . . what a Joke  cool  . .

You try too hard sometimes to display how dumb you really are all the damn time,

Sane people call it trees, dumb and ignorant clowns like you call it flowers. This is who you are and this is what you display.

[b]The Governor added that in the last 34 months of tree regeneration and reforestation, a total of three million trees have so far been planted in the State, [/b]stressing that when the advocacy for the tree planting and greening started, many who did not understand the great challenges that nature had in store for this part of the world questioned the value of spending money on tree planting and preservation.

"While we may all not be able to determine precisely the role played by the trees we planted in limiting the damage and impact of flood, the truth is that trees help to mitigate flooding and the combination of the strategies for mitigating and adaptation that we have employed clearly ensured prompt drainage of the flood immediately the rains stopped", the Governor said.

Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by EkoIle1: 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2011

Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by ezeagu(m): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2011
And in no time, we're bombarded with Fashola images. . . . .
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by EkoIle1: 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2011
ezeagu:

And in no time, we're bombarded with Fashola images. . . . .

No, in no time, you are confronted with realities and what other people are doing to better their environment. Your hatred or dislike for another man shouldn't prevent you from sane and rational reasoning.
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by ezeagu(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
The problems of the South wes. . . . (forget that) Yorubaland are not the same as Igboland. I rarely have hatred for anyone (in my mind, hatred is enough to rejoice on the news of a persons death). I don't know enough about Fashola to like or dislike him.
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by naijaking1: 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2011
Igbos will do well to learn form the tragic history of Easter islander: a small Pacific ocean land that survived for 1000s of years until they "discovered" how to cut down their trees with pick axes and saws. Today, they're extinct embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by ezeagu(m): 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2011
naijaking1:

Igbos will do well to learn form the tragic history of Easter islander: a small Pacific ocean land that survived for 1000s of years until they "discovered" how to cut down their trees with pick axes and saws. Today, they're extinct embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

How is that relevant to Igbo issues?
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by naijaking1: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2011
ezeagu:

How is that relevant to Igbo issues?

Igbos need to know how preserve Ala igbo
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by ezeagu(m): 3:14pm On Oct 19, 2011
Yes they do, although it's not the region that has lost most trees, it's still very green despite the erosion in places.
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by jmaine: 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2011
Eko Ile:

You try too hard sometimes to display how dumb you really are all the damn time,

Sane people call it trees, dumb and ignorant clowns like you call it flowers. This is who you are and this is what you display.

The thread you referenced was about Alagomeji which Alj Harem started . . . Show us how versed in pics you are, by showing even a tree plant planted at the Alagomeji axis . . . .Numb ignorant fools don't just lift pictures out of no where to prove a non existent point . . .  Again . .Not all ornamental plants are trees . . .Dumb souls like you, are oblivious of those facts . . .
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by EkoIle1: 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
jmaine:

The thread you referenced was about Alagomeji which Alj Harem started . . . Show us how versed in pics you are, by showing even a tree plant planted at the Alagomeji axis . . . .Numb ignorant fools don't just lift pictures out of no where to prove a non existent point . . .  Again . .Not all ornamental plants are trees . . .Dumb souls like you, are oblivious of those facts . . .

Look at this idiot. We are talking about tree planting and this clown is talking about alagomeji. You mean more than the 3 million trees the state planted were all planted in alagomeji. Didn't your dumb a!SS called it flowers anyways?

Even the fact that you think planting trees or even flowers sef is not a big deal is a gross display of your usual ignorance and absurdity.
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by naijaking1: 3:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
ezeagu:

Yes they do, although it's not the region that has lost most trees, it's still very green despite the erosion in places.

No they don't.
I am from Igboland, and the truth is that since the arrival of motorized chain saws, ecologically protective trees are being cut down faster than new ones can be planted. Erosion and semi-arid desertification are direct consequences. Anybody who cuts down a major tree in an area should be made to plant 30 new ones of the same type and variety.
Some of our people erronously think that removing very old trees from the environment is equal to development. These tree protect from direct sunshine, strong winds/rain, they stablize the soil with their roots, and most importantly provide shade and homes for many animals.
People should learn about tree cool
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by jmaine: 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2011
In a lay man terms we call all non-tree ornamental plants as flowers . . .So if we are to go botanical . . .we can descend to the shrub levels . . . where most ornamental plants fall into . . .

Eko Ile:

Look at this . We are talking about tree planting and this clown is talking about alagomeji. You mean more than the 3 million trees the state planted were all planted in alagomeji. Didn't your dumb a!SS called it flowers anyways?

Even the fact that you think planting trees or even flowers sef is not a big deal is a gross display of your usual ignorance and absurdity.

I asked  you a question to furnish us with a pic of a tree plant at Alagomeji axis . . .or you just feel you can come up some pic to bamboozle people . . . The thread you referenced was about Alagomeji remember . . . You either provide a proof with one of your pics or accept that you are mostly ignorant to topics you engage in . . . . So 3 million trees planted across the state equates to all eco- beautification programmes in Lagos were all trees . . .Someone is so daft here cos he stays far away from Lagos . . .

I believe that if you must argue or hype an object . . .You must have a reasonable knowledge of what you want to hype . . . You trying to bring up that thread is a fail . . . 
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by ezeagu(m): 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2011
naijaking1:

No they don't.
I am from Igboland, and the truth is that since the arrival of motorized chain saws, ecologically protective trees are being cut down faster than new ones can be planted. Erosion and semi-arid desertification are direct consequences. Anybody who cuts down a major tree in an area should be made to plant 30 new ones of the same type and variety.
Some of our people erronously think that removing very old trees from the environment is equal to development. These tree protect from direct sunshine, strong winds/rain, they stablize the soil with their roots, and most importantly provide shade and homes for many animals.
People should learn about tree cool

"Igbos need to know how preserve Ala igbo"

"Yes they do, although it's not the region that has lost most trees, it's still very green despite the erosion in places."

How did you misread that?
Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by EkoIle1: 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2011
I'm not interested in your alagomeji madness, dwell free to kill yourself over that. My gripe with you is your idiotic and ignorant understanding regarding tree planting and also how you think planting even planting flowers is no big deal.

Only a dumb idiots like you makes silly and ignorant distinctions about flowers and ornermnents, especially whent we all know the importance of any and every plant to the environment and the air we breath.

It's safe and good for humanity that ignorant and reckless people like you are not in charge of anything but your clueless and ignorant world.

jmaine:

In a lay man terms we call all non-tree ornamental plants as flowers . . .So if we are to go botanical . . .we can descend to the shrub levels . . . where most ornamental plants fall into . . .

I asked  you a question to furnish us with a pic of a tree plant at Alagomeji axis . . .or you just feel you can come up some pic to bamboozle people . . . The thread you referenced was about Alagomeji remember . . . You either provide a proof with one of your pics or accept that you are mostly ignorant to topics you engage in . . . . So 3 million trees planted across the state equates to all eco- beautification programmes in Lagos were all trees . . .Someone is so daft here cos he stays far away from Lagos . . .

I believe that if you must argue or hype an object . . .You must have a reasonable knowledge of what you want to hype . . . You trying to bring up that thread is a fail . . . 

Re: Landslide Hits Enugu After Heavy Rainfall by karpenter: 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2011
@Eko Ile.
Why do you hate the Ibos that much? You are supposed to be female! Females don't hate like that. I have never seen a thing like this before. Abeg take am easy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Travels Of President Jonathan- dailytrust / FULL PROFILE: Senator Aisha J. Al-hassan,nigeria's First Female Elected Governor / Double Dealing: SDP candidate Omisore Arrested!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.