Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? (2983 Views)

Great Investment Opportunity In A Fund Cooperative Club To Help Start Your Biz! / A Fund Cooperative Club That Will Help You Raise Enough Money To Start A Biz / Which Business Can I Start As A Chemistry Graduate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Natasha2(f): 12:57am On Oct 19, 2011
first of all thanks for clicking on the link,

I want to start up a fund raising organisation but I don't know how to go about it, I don't even know where to begin, the organisation will be for charity, basically to assist people who need money for surgeries and all that. Hmm don't ask me if I have the money to start up something cos the truth is right now I don't. but nevertheless I still need your reply, one thing I know is ''a man who is waiting for the complete money to build a house will never build it'' I realy need ideas on how to go about this , please your candid advice/opinion will be highly appreciated .

thanks a bunch kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by deco2come: 3:22am On Oct 19, 2011
Nice idea. If you are within Nigerian, it might be hard. Not that Nigerians don't want to help but cases of fraudulent activities have made some people to be afraid of their own left hand. But that doesn't mean that you should give up hope. Always remember that nothing good comes easy. No matter how difficult it seems to appear, do not give up. That is the main difference between great people and ordinary people.

But one of the best way to make people believe in you is by registering your own company. Please do not register the company with your real name. Register the company with a name related to your project. For example Natasha Charity Organisation. Once you register your company, open a bank account with the company's name and open your  own website(make sure that the website name is similar to the company's name) and start writing things relate to your project. Include pictures and videos of your work. Have a donation page, in your donation page, include your company's bank account number and ask people to help. Also include your Western Union Money Transfer Receiver's details( this is for international people willing to help)

Your website will help you to get international attention. Make sure that you include your company's location, phone contacts and if possible include a live chat application so that anyone interested can chat with you directly. Please make sure that your website looks matured enough.

Start holding siminars. Because you are starting, do not pay for seminar center, use churches. For example, each Sunday, go to any Roman Catholic, Anglican Church, Pentecostal Churches, talk with the priests/pastors. Tell them to give you 5 minutes of their time before the end of each church service. Use that five minutes to explain to people what you are doing. Go straight to the point and don't beat around the bush. When doing this, make sure that someone will be at the door or going around collecting money from people who are willing to donate.

When you start raising fund, start making videos and picture of the people you are willing to help. Make a VCD of the pictures and video. Distribute it to people for free. Ask them to spend their time to watch it. Always include your company's bank account number and contact details on the CD and if possible the videos.

If you are outside Nigeria, one of the easiest way to get start if by having your own website. Allow people to understand your goal. Publish things related to your project, publish the complete work you have finished, then make sure you placed a paypal donation button on your website.

If I come up with any more idea, I will inform you. I wish you the best of luck.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Acidosis(m): 4:05am On Oct 19, 2011
First of all you need determination, goals and target. What is your primary aim of doing this? If it's because of money i.e your pocket, I'll advice you go into business proper as you might not go too far before you quit.
You should also note that, people this days sometimes assume this things to be fake, so you really need to be religious in your work even if you have to collaborate with christian centres. Your advert, rally and publication will go a very long way. While preparing your work and video for publication make sure it record some really pathetic, scary and disgusting scene in some indigenous part of the country which basically should cover more of children and pregnant women.
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by ajadek(m): 5:42am On Oct 19, 2011
How can someone get charity company registered in nigeria, its under cac or ngo, pls can some give me ideal of price and duration to get certificate, thank for this post and for those that coment
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Natasha2(f): 11:58am On Oct 19, 2011
@deco2come than you so much I really appreciate your ideas, I had to print it out cheesy thank you so so so so much , but how do I get it registered?

@Acidosis Thank you very much my sole aim for this is not money, but to help.

can I start up before registering , I'm thinking of printing tshirts and going around with my sisters to raise funds, maybe from there we'll open an account and try to get a website.
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by swizzzle(m): 1:00am On Oct 20, 2011
iont a fin bouh dis i mst comfess.bt i fink dis means u got a nyc hrt.if ur bein sincere bouh ur 'sole aim'.
Bt i mst also warn dat u cld get discouraged along d line.as a mara of fact i fink ur gne be getin mre discouraged dan otherwise. U might wana giv up at evry turn.wen dose tymes com jst rememba dt dey r happening only because us succeeding n da devil doesnt want u 2.so plsss dnt giv up!
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by 2sexy(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2011
Hi Natasha, are you based in Naija?

Well raising funds can be done online and there are peopld doing it with success. The only thing I can say is that you should carry out a research about it. You can use google for this. Having an online fund raising site would require you to have strong vision and mission statement and must be convincing enough to make people give their money. The reason is because some people have been using this for fraud,which people are becoming aware of.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 20, 2011
i will recommend you contact founder of needcsi.org on ideas, pitfalls etc.
He is my client and i believe he is over 10 years in something like this.

And i can tell that the organization has grow tremendously since then.
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by zignor(m): 9:51am On Oct 20, 2011
can I start up before registering , I'm thinking of printing tshirts and going around with my sisters to raise funds, maybe from there we'll open an account and try to get a website.

but remember that most men will sleep with your sisters before parting with their hard earned money grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Progreen: 11:42am On Oct 20, 2011
You need to start with your fund first, before people can support of following. This kind of thing cannot generate automatic support from Nigerians.
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2011
zignor:

but remember that most men will sleep with your sisters before parting with their hard earned money grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue

seriously, no be lie,

its hard to see someone dat wants to give freely
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by pynkspyce: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2011
Nigerians find it hard to give their money to charities because of fraud.
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by elegal1(f): 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2011
You need to get the proposed name approved first at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
If you print t-shirts and other documents first,and later on the name gets rejected,
you would have incurred huge losses.
If you want to open a bank account,you must supply the registration documents and certificate.
Most donors also need evidence of registration before they donate to your cause etc.
So, bottom line is you need to register it first.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Misterpaul(m): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2011
E-legal is very right, you can't start anything without first registering the organisation with The Corporate Affairs Commission, And you have to register it as NGO/INCORPORATED TRUSTEE ,NOT AS A COMPANY like somebody here wrongly advised!, And to register you have to follow this procedures:1.Submit the name you'll like to call the organisation to the C.A.C. for approval, 2.procure and complete the i.t. Application Form, 3.make publication of notice in three Daily Newspapers(2 national dailies and one in a local newspaper), 3, You also have to prepare two copies of the organisation's CONSTITUTION, 4.Go to the C.A.C with all these^^ to file for the certificate, NOTE that this is just the basic step, for registering an NGO, but,i would advise you get a lawyer accredited by the C.A.C to help you out, (pls,pardon any error on this post, am on mobile)!
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Natasha2(f): 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2011
swizzzle:

iont a fin bouh dis i mst comfess.bt i fink dis means u got a nyc hrt.if your bein sincere bouh your 'sole aim'.
Bt i mst also warn dat u cld get discouraged along d line.as a mara of fact i fink your gne be getin mre discouraged dan otherwise. U might wana giv up at evry turn.wen dose tymes com jst rememba dt dey r happening only because us succeeding  n da devil doesnt want u 2.so plsss dnt giv up!
Thanks a lot swizzle
2sexy:

Hi Natasha, are you based in Naija?

Well raising funds can be done online and there are people doing it with success. The only thing I can say is that you should carry out a research about it. You can use google for this. Having an online fund raising site would require you to have strong vision and mission statement and must be convincing enough to make people give their money. The reason is because some people have been using this for fraud,which people are becoming aware of.

yeah I'm based in Nigeria and even if i want to go online I still have to do a lot of things first.

@webdezzi how do I contact him?

zignor:

that thought has never crossed my mind  shocked shocked

@progreen thanks, I'll just do like deco2come said go to churches first

@elegal thanks a lot.

@misterPaul thanks wow  I really have a lot to do.

[color=#770077][b]I just want to say thank you so much to all of you who have  to posted here and advised me on what to do cos I don't know what else to say, you guys don't have the slightest idea of what you've done, I really appreciate everyone of you, Thanks a million  cheesy

[/b][/color]
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2011
Tasha can i b d treasurer , i promise to donate some cowries sha
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=14pt]Ask Sexkillz! cool[/size]
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Natasha2(f): 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
Id and Sexkillz thanks a million you guys are life savers kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss wow Id you really made me scared I thought i would never see this thread again
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2011
HAAAAahehehehe hoooohooooo

Gat yah , Scaredy Cat cool cool cool
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by jamarionj(m): 11:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
Natasha, wow! you Got a nice idea. don't give up....starting a business is hard But don't give up. OK
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by Businessideas: 12:48am On Feb 07, 2016
you will find this book useful as a highly valuable research resource material. Best of luck.

Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by blazer234: 9:32am On Feb 07, 2016
Natasha2:
first of all thanks for clicking on the link,

I want to start up a fund raising organisation but I don't know how to go about it, I don't even know where to begin, the organisation will be for charity, basically to assist people who need money for surgeries and all that. Hmm don't ask me if I have the money to start up something cos the truth is right now I don't. but nevertheless I still need your reply, one thing I know is ''a man who is waiting for the complete money to build a house will never build it'' I realy need ideas on how to go about this , please your candid advice/opinion will be highly appreciated .

thanks a bunch kiss kiss kiss

You can come and join us at Naija Matrix where people help people to make money. Just register with 2k in this medium term investment and you can make up to 672k at the end. No better way to raise money to meet your needs, including charity needs. You can call or Watsapp the admin on 0706 620 2027 for direction.
Re: How Do I Start Up A Fund Raising Organisation? by blessingthanks: 2:03am On Aug 18, 2020
Do you want to start up a fund raising organisation? but you dont know how to go about it ,and you dont know where to begain ?
Are you planning to raise fund for charity organization basically to assist people who need money for surgeries and all that ?
Do you want to controle a domine that raise fund for charity purpose ?
Do you want to make money while making others happy at the same time helping them improve their lives.
if you need ideas on how to go about all the questions you ask follow https://s1b12.com/tracking/856865/49075
https://s1b12.com/tracking/856865/49075

(1) (Reply)

Lol / My Frustration With Kaymu.com.ng / I Lost my Blockchain Wallet access

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.