Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,499 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:49 PM

Enugu Governor Reacts to Election Tribunal's Decision - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Governor Reacts to Election Tribunal's Decision (167 Views)

Same Amadi: Adeleke's Appeal Of Tribunal's Decision Will Fail / Osun Tribunal Decision ‘black Market’ Judgment – CUPP / Reno Omokri Reacts To Presidential Election Tribunal's Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Governor Reacts to Election Tribunal's Decision by pblog: 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2023
Peter Mbah, in a moment of elation and gratitude, has offered his reaction to the recent decision by the Election Tribunal, which has unequivocally upheld his electoral victory. This landmark ruling not only signifies a personal triumph for Peter Mbah but also carries immense significance for the principles of democracy and the people of Enugu State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78k5nBdVBFw

Peter Mbah expressed his deep appreciation for this verdict, acknowledging that it signifies a significant step towards furthering the values of democracy and justice in Enugu State. He extended his heartfelt gratitude to the tribunal for their diligent examination of the election petitions and their commitment to ensuring a fair and just outcome.

In closing, Peter Mbah reiterated his gratitude to the people of Enugu State for their unwavering trust and support. He pledged to remain true to the promises made during his campaign and uphold the principles outlined in the Citizen's Charter he executed on his first day in office.

Full text of Peter Mbah's speech

Ndi Enugu,

Today is indeed a memorable day in the annals of our state. As you all know, the Enugu State Election Petition Tribunal has just affirmed the mandate, you, Ndi Enugu freely gave us on the 18th of March, this year. This is indeed a victory for Ndi Enugu. It is also a victory for democracy, massive development and exponential growth for Ndi Enugu. It is a victory for Enugu's greatness. And a victory for the ban on Monday sit-at-home. Finally, it is also a victory for our determination to restore water in all your homes in the next 68 days.

We are thankful to God because we know it would not have been possible without Him. We also want to put on record our deep appreciation to their Lordships, for painstakingly dissecting the petitions brought before them and also coming out with the judgement that resonates with the people of Enugu State. A judgement that is fair and just. Indeed, this has reaffirmed our belief in the judiciary as the last hope of the common man.

There is time for everything under the sun. A time to strive and a time to unite. Indeed, politics is over. We have begun governance since May 29. Our arms are open and wide. We beckon on our brothers whom we ran this race with, to join hands with us to deal with the task ahead. The task of building our state.

We urge our supporters to join hands with us to build the Enugu of our dreams. At the end of the day, Enugu is greater than all of us. We have put ourselves forward to serve Ndi Enugu. So if the motivation is service, let us all put hands together to face the onerous task ahead, which is building the Enugu State of our dreams.

Once more, I immensely thank you, the good people of Enugu State, who not only believed in us, but also vested your mandate in us. You stood by us in every step of the way. I want to assure you that we will work for you with every fibre of our being. I stand by the campaign promise I made as espoused in our statement of purpose. I also stand by the Citizen’s Chatter that I executed on my first day in office.

My dear people of Enugu State, hold me to account. I will not let you down.

May God bless Enugu State!
May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Re: Enugu Governor Reacts to Election Tribunal's Decision by pblog: 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2023
Stay informed about the latest news and developments from Enugu State

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Chief Ebinyo Marvin Turner Officially Resigns From PDP. / The Importance Of Peter Obi And Atiku Going To The Supreme Court / Why Doesny The Nigerian Government Do What Cuba Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.