Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,088 members, 7,828,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? (4163 Views)

January 1966 Coup: What I Saw On That Day – Fani-kayode / Abike Dabiri-erewa Blast NBC On Radio Biafra Pix / In Event Of A Successful Military Coup, What Happens? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:08am On Oct 19, 2011
Or, Is Nigeria on the brink of another coup?
What Could lead truncate this nation's nascent democracy?
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by Beaf: 9:21am On Oct 19, 2011
Aboki's wet dreamz.
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by Godmann(m): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2011
I will be happy that the stealing PDP has been swept away.

But I also will be worried that another military thief has come on baord.

If only a clean sane man I can vouch for can lead the coup, my joy will know no bound.

1 Like

Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2011
This democracy PDP is running anyhow was paid wit blood
I wish they can understand d enormity of issues on ground
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:57am On Oct 19, 2011
Are the reasons for d 1966, 1975, 1983, 1985, 1996 coups any different from what we see today?
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:59am On Oct 19, 2011
Beaf
It's those paying you that should cleanse themselves of a depraved mind, like yours, that should be concerned
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by otokx(m): 10:06am On Oct 19, 2011
absolutely nothing
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by PointB: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2011
Yorubas are the Problem with Nigeria - By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi       
Written by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi     
Wednesday, 27 May 2009 05:01 

My views on the Yoruba political leadership have been thoroughly articulated in some of my writings, prime among which was " Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. There was also an earlier publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History"  (Aug. 21, 1998).

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention. When Buhari jailed UPN governors like Ige and Onabanjo, the South-Western press castigated that good government and provided the right mood for IBB to take over power. As soon as IBB cleared UPN governors of charges against them in a politically motivated retrial, he became the darling of the South-West. When IBB annulled the primaries in which Adamu Ciroma and Shehu Yar Adua emerged as presidential candidates in the NRC and SDP, he was hailed by the South-West. When the same man annulled the June 12, 1993 elections in which Abiola was the front-runner, the South-West now became defenders of democracy.

When it seemed Sani Abacha was sympathetic to Abiola, the South-West supported his take-over. He was in fact invited by a prominent NADECO member to take over in a published letter shortly before the event. Even though Abiola had won the elections in the North, the North was blamed for its annulment. When Abdulsalam Abubakar started his transition, the Yoruba political leadership through NADECO presented a memorandum on a Government of National Unity that showed complete disrespect for the intelligence and liberties of other Nigerians.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-441243.0.html#msg5994563

The same silly game is about to be replayed. Go on SW, destroy GEJ!
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by Kx: 10:31am On Oct 19, 2011
If i hear of coup, I will watch and see how the lives of children yet unborn will be bettered by the change in govt because for now, govt does nt seem to care
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by Beaf: 10:32am On Oct 19, 2011
PointB: After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention. When Buhari jailed UPN governors like Ige and Onabanjo, the South-Western press castigated that good government and provided the right mood for IBB to take over power. As soon as IBB cleared UPN governors of charges against them in a politically motivated retrial, he became the darling of the South-West. When IBB annulled the primaries in which Adamu Ciroma and Shehu Yar Adua emerged as presidential candidates in the NRC and SDP, he was hailed by the South-West. When the same man annulled the June 12, 1993 elections in which Abiola was the front-runner, the South-West now became defenders of democracy.

When it seemed Sani Abacha was sympathetic to Abiola, the South-West supported his take-over. He was in fact invited by a prominent NADECO member to take over in a published letter shortly before the event.

Some never learn indeed.

@topic
Make una bring una coup, this time you will not even see the source of the dirty slap you will recieve. Phucking useless bunch that want to sit like lazy bastards and suck on oil money.

Coup? Bring it on! See how easy it is to sign your own death certificate and relocate to a shallow grave.
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:51am On Oct 19, 2011
PointB
Is Jonathan Goodluck a Yoruba man?
The first in problem fixing is accepting responsibility
Dis admini has failed
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by PointB: 11:20am On Oct 19, 2011
DrummaBoy:

PointB
Is Jonathan Goodluck a Yoruba man?
The first in problem fixing is accepting responsibility
Dis admini has failed

Where was it written that he is Yoruba man.

Maybe you should read again!

Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:29am On Oct 19, 2011
This is 2011 not 62 or 66
You will do well to own dat GEJ is confused & those whose voted 4 him are regretting it today
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:31am On Oct 19, 2011
D treason of 62 was fathomed by d North
D crisis of 65/66 was caused by d north, ably aided by d east
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:32am On Oct 19, 2011
Today d Yorubas hav been eased out of GEJ cabinet and some1 is stil blamin Yorubas for Nigeria's problem
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2011
PointB
Lets leave out sentiments
U talk like U know GEJ personally, PLEASE advice him to resign
Nigeria is beyond him
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by PointB: 11:36am On Oct 19, 2011
DrummaBoy:

Today d Yorubas hav been eased out of GEJ cabinet and some1 is stil blamin Yorubas for Nigeria's problem

Yoruba was ease of the political equation by the traitor ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU (Awo Vs Akintola readily come to mind here)
He sold you lots to Tambuwal, go and collect your change and stop whining about military coming back. It's not gonna happen now.
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:45am On Oct 19, 2011
No one prays for a coup
But d indices are there
-Insecurity
_depleted foreign reserves
_corruption
-Nepotism
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:48am On Oct 19, 2011
-crashing naira
-porous borders
-no power
-importation galore
-dead refineries
-subsidy
-term elongation
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:50am On Oct 19, 2011
-proliferation of sychophant
-deaf govt
-oppressing the media, The Nation, Channels, AIT
-Joblessness
-Youth restiveness
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:52am On Oct 19, 2011
-MEND
-BOKO HARAM
-Frightened GEJ
-Bad Roads
And worst of all, Clueless leadership
This just a tip in a plethora
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by Beaf: 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
DrummaBoy:

You voted yourselves out of reckoning. GEJ tried very hard to rectify matters by giving you the leadership of House of Reps, but your Tinubu sold you for his fellow thief called Tambuwal. Today, that sale of the SW has caused it to completely lose its position in national governance; the 30million strong SW folk now have absolutely no say in whichever direction Nigeria wishes to sail in, leaving fools to romanticise bloodshed.

Dream on about coups. We are quiet, determined and warlike, so bring it on; we own the place and phucking run things.
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2011
Yoruba voted out or not, it will be on record that 2011-2015 the Yoruba had nothing to do wit whatever You make of Naija
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by Pukkah: 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
I have my issues with the current administration but this DOES NOT warrant the call for a coup. In fact, such calls should be stopped forthwith. The freedom of speech which you're enjoying now and which made you write this is the first thing that will be suspended. Besides, the evils of military rule, if you've witnessed one, are legion.

Let's support this democracy to thrive. Let's continue to nudge and push the government in the direction we believe is the best for the country. Let's continue to debate with them and ask them difficult questions. Let's stop to worship or venerate those who loot our resources. If the government does not or refuses to move in the direction we want, we'll have another opportunity to vote in 2015.

Coup? No way!
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by namfav(m): 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2011
i will run around like a madman if there is a coup, it could be the only think that can save nigeria from alot of social problems
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by igbo2011(m): 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2011
Pukkah:

I have my issues with the current administration but this DOES NOT warrant the call for a coup. In fact, such calls should be stopped forthwith. The freedom of speech which you're enjoying now and which made you write this is the first thing that will be suspended. Besides, the evils of military rule, if you've witnessed one, are legion.

Let's support this democracy to thrive. Let's continue to nudge and push the government in the direction we believe is the best for the country. Let's continue to debate with them and ask them difficult questions. Let's stop to worship or venerate those who loot our resources. If the government does not or refuses to move in the direction we want, we'll have another opportunity to vote in 2015.

Coup? No way!

What if the election will be rigged? Also, there is a better chance of a revolution than a coup.
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2011
The only coup that will be accepted by vast majority of Nigerians is a successful version of Nzeogwu coup. Most of our leaders need to see God ASAP.
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by Pukkah: 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2011
@Igbo2011, the last elections were generally fair compared to where we were coming from.
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by okstol: 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2011
@drummerboy, d stuffs u highlighted were all inherited by this administration. I believe u witnessed ur uncles eight years of Saddam Hussein like reign in Aso villa? I aint from ND but d last prayer in d lips of every Nigerian shouldn't be khaki takeover but rather for true democracy.
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by Bawss1(m): 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2011
If I hear any song I don't like (Marshall or not, coup or no coup) I'll just change the station. Simples grin
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2011
Regardless of how we shout, dis GEJ is stone deaf
Nobody prays for Coup but if thats what will fix Nigeria, so be it
Re: Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? by DrummaBoy(m): 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2011
From d fears of d sychophants the Coup idea may just be it:
Behold THE TENDER PLANT
He dat has ears to hear let him hear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Mark Zuckerberg David Rockefeller’s Grandson? / Where Is The Ibaka Deep Sea Port Akpabio? / Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.