Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US (4160 Views)

Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence / Osama Bin Laden Is Alive - Abdulmutallab / New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by lanre2009: 6:47am On Jul 26, 2014
The United States has said that the Nigerian terrorist, Umar Abdulmutallab, failed to successfully carry out a bomb attack in 2009 because the explosives he was wired with became ‘degraded’ after he wore the same pair of underpants for two weeks.

Abdulmutallab had, at the age of 23, confessed to and convicted of attempting to detonate plastic explosives hidden in his underwear while aboard a Northwest Airlines Flight 253, en route from Amsterdam to Michigan, US on December 25, 2009.

However, United States officials explained that the bomb failed to detonate aboard the flight, which was carrying nearly 300 people, but caused a brief fire that caused burns to his groin.

He was sentenced to life without parole in February 2012 after he pleaded guilty to all charges on the second day of his trial the previous October.

The U.S. Head of the Transportation Security Administration, John Pistole, said during the week that the bomb failed to detonate because of how long Abdulmutallab had been wearing his underwear.

Pistole said, “The bomber had had the device with him for over two weeks.”

When he was then asked whether the bomb had become ‘damp’ Pistole replied that the explosive had become damp due to the length of days Abdulmutallab carried the device in his underwear.

During his trial, Abdulmutallab said the bomb in his underwear was a ‘blessed weapon’ to avenge poorly treated Muslims around the world.

However, after the bomb failed to detonate, passengers pounced on Abdulmutallab and forced him to the front of Northwest Airlines Flight 253 where he was held until the plane landed minutes later.

Source:- http://www.punchng.com/news/why-abdulmutallab-failed-to-blow-up-our-plane-us/

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by Innodon(m): 7:00am On Jul 26, 2014
It's just the grace of God

9 Likes

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by uboma(m): 7:14am On Jul 26, 2014
See a fine young man with so much bright opportunities to make a good living only ended up messing his life up.

He got brainwashed by his religion... What a powerful tool religion can be.

13 Likes

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by macpetrus(m): 7:36am On Jul 26, 2014
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by cyril83(m): 7:37am On Jul 26, 2014
uboma: See a fine young man with so much bright opportunities to make a good living only ended up messing his life up.

70 percent of Nigerian muslims and christians are like that...easily brainwashed.

7 Likes

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by okosodo: 7:38am On Jul 26, 2014
islam
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by Blakjewelry(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2014
These people no go school, na because of fear na em make am piss for body that is why the bomb pamper became dampen.
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by amakufrancis(m): 7:54am On Jul 26, 2014
what a handsome brainwashed dude, wetin NL chicks go first cee na hz pink lips. Der is God sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 26, 2014
cyril83:

70 percent of Nigerian muslims and christians are like that...easily brainwashed.

very true! U hear words like. . . We r not allowed to be seen with them, we dnt marry from there, we are nt allowed to wear this n that, our children dnt mix with theirs, we hav our own way of doin thins and other bla bla bla. Thank God I'm not an axtremist or fanatic. I live by my own rules.

2 Likes

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by cyril83(m): 8:09am On Jul 26, 2014
Blakjewelry: These people no go school, na because of fear na em make am piss for body that is why the bomb pamper became dampen.

You got it right. The explosive got dampened with urine
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by Dclique(m): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2014
lanre2009: The United States has said that the Nigerian terrorist, Umar Abdulmutallab, failed to successfully carry out a bomb attack in 2009 because the explosives he was wired with became ‘degraded’ after he wore the same pair of underpants for two weeks
Damn!!. Some people dey try sha.
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by ablyguy(m): 8:52am On Jul 26, 2014
So wearing one underwear for two weeks can actually save lives? Thank God Abdulmutallab was a dirty boy!!!

7 Likes

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by joudini(m): 9:07am On Jul 26, 2014
Life without parole. . .sh¡t is worse than the electric chair or the noose.

There it goes people, never let the interpretation of your religion take away your sanity.

1 Like

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by uboma(m): 9:43am On Jul 26, 2014
cyril83:

I think its more on the Muslims. They can kill freely, not minding that we are all humans...
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 26, 2014
uboma:

I think its more on the Muslims. They can kill freely, not minding that we are all humans...

Be sensible. Here is sb who alluded to brainwash some posts ago.

Anyone who takes another's life unjustly is not a Muslim, neither is he a Christian, AFAIK.

2 Likes

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by uboma(m): 10:09am On Jul 26, 2014
olukenzo:

Be sensible. Here is sb who alluded to brainwash some posts ago.

Anyone who takes another's life unjustly is not a Muslim, neither is he a Christian, AFAIK.

I try as much as possible to be objective and realistic in my comments. I say it as it is. Did you read the reason he gave for wanting to blow up the plane? I've listened to sermons from supposedly Islamic scholars especially after the Magrib prayer (I hope I got the spelling right) where the sermons centered on hating non muslims (this is not hearsay). For goodness sake, why should religious leaders preach that to their followers

Trust me when I say that its more from the Muslims angle...

7 Likes

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by priscaoge(f): 10:20am On Jul 26, 2014
uboma: See a fine young man with so much bright opportunities to make a good living only ended up messing his life up.

My thought exactly!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by azeeza(f): 10:21am On Jul 26, 2014
WORD!
Jenams: very true! U hear words like. . . We r not allowed to be seen with them, we dnt marry from there, we are nt allowed to wear this n that, our children dnt mix with theirs, we hav our own way of doin thins and other bla bla bla. Thank God I'm not an axtremist or fanatic. I live by my own rules.
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2014
uboma:

I try as much as possible to be objective and realistic in my comments. I say it as it is. Did you read the reason he gave for wanting to blow up the plane? I've listened to sermons from supposedly Islamic scholars especially after the Magrib prayer (I hope I got the spelling right) where the sermons centered on hating non muslims (this is not hearsay). For goodness sake, why should religious leaders preach that to their followers

Brainwash
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by godwinony(m): 10:24am On Jul 26, 2014
1 underwear (boxers) for 2 weeks Chukwuabiama!!!
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 26, 2014
uboma:

The word Brainwash is succinct enough. There are evil people everywhere. Whatever you have heard those people say is verifiable. Get a copy of the Qur'an.

1 Like

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 26, 2014
Lmao @ the nyggah wearing the same pants for two weeks as an excuse. Not buying that at all.javascript:void(0);

How about tell us how he was able to get on that flight at Schiphol airport(one of the most secured airports in the world) without a passport?

The more you look, the less you see. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by HerexG(m): 10:51am On Jul 26, 2014
olukenzo:

The word Brainwash is succinct enough. There are evil people everywhere. Whatever you have heard those people say is verifiable. Get a copy of the Qur'an.

Your same Quran commanded ur followers to strike an infidel by the throat surat Muhammad 47

2 Likes

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by juman(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2014
It was probably an operation that involved cia.

America misleads naive young muslims to such attacks.
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by thorpido(m): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2014
godwinony: 1 underwear (boxers) for 2 weeks Chukwuabiama!!!
It's a designer's underwear.
Bomber boxers is the name.
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by thorpido(m): 11:42am On Jul 26, 2014
juman: It was probably an operation that involved cia.

America misleads naive young muslims to such attacks.
Here we go again...
Denying the real issues and putting the blame on America.Haven't you read that he visited Syria and was trained by the islamist extremists there?

1 Like

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by texaco1: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
joudini: Life without parole. . .sh¡t is worse than the electric chair or the noose.

There it goes people, never let the interpretation of your religion take away your sanity.
life sentence without parole is worse than firing squad, he will never have a family ,come to think of it that his father is a billionaire in nigeria ,so even if his father dies he can't even spend his own share of his father money. I really pity his mother,it is a wound that will never heal in her heart
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by uboma(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
olukenzo:

I have a copy of the Quran and I heard very well the sermons of those *supposedly* Islamic scholars. What I heard was what I posted earlier.

My earlier stand on the Muslim religion is still valid, at least to me...

1 Like

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by Feedmemore(f): 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
Stink Bomb!

Does that mean it was a dirty bomb? lol on a serious note, strange how things work out sometimes - lives were saved due to his disgusting hygiene.

"Life without parole" - The USA certainly have sensible sentencing.
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by clemzo101(m): 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dats why I get angry when dey say the cause of terrorism is poverty and illiteracy. This guy is neither poor nor an illiterate, osama too same thing.....most of dis people are very educated....the cause of terrorism is simply RELIGION. Simple

4 Likes

Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
uboma:

I have a copy of the Quran and I heard very well the sermons of those *supposedly* Islamic scholars. What I heard was what I posted earlier.

My earlier stand on the Muslim religion is still valid, at least to me...

And you saw kill people there?
Re: Why Abdulmutallab Failed To Blow Up Our Plane – US by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
HerexG:

Your same Quran commanded ur followers to strike an infidel by the throat surat Muhammad 47

Lol. I'm not gonna be drawn into debating the Qur'an with you sir. Maybe that's reprehensible because I'd lose the opportunity to prompt thinking and maybe reduce the vitriol against my faith and maybe touch your heart (fat chance). However, I'm lazy. Maybe another time.

To help support your cause, paste 20 consecutive verses of Surah 47 here.

Enjoy brother!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Is Public Holiday In Delta State / BREAKING: Akala Collapses, Rushed To Hospital / Breaking: Buhari Is Unfair To The North and Muslims. Buhari is a Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.