Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,338 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

If You Know About Souls Please Answer! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Know About Souls Please Answer! (1336 Views)

Returning Souls Or Body Stealers: Can Dead People Return? / Joshua Bamiloye Mike: The Movie “Lucifer” Used By Devil To Win Souls / Christains Please Answer This {photo} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ynix:
what is condom sir?

that thing you wear on your gbola so that kemi does not become pregnant...
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2023
Okay, so can you now answer the previous question I asked you?

cornelboy:

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Ynix(m): 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

that thing you wear on your gbola so that kemi does not become pregnant...
a Virginus like me can't do that, don't spoil my mind please
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Edify me sir

You obviously don't understand what soul means.

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

A soul is the combination of the body (cells, organs etc) and God's spirit or breath.

We got our life from our parents. Every human lives came from Adam. Adam's life came from God's breath or spirit.

We are all souls.

2 Likes

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ynix:
a Virginus like me can't do that, don't spoil my mind please

ohhh ok, you are probably among the Vaseline crew..
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Ynix(m): 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

ohhh ok, you are probably among the Vaseline crew..
OMG save your son from Babylonians, what again is Vaseline. I thought it's for glowing the body grin
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by achorladey: 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
I'm neither a Xtian nor a Religious person Boss.

Alright

Is soul a scientific term?

1 Like

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2023
You said from the moment they where conceived okay, please where is your proof for this?

Kobojunkie:
Where they not conceived/created? undecided
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
■ You said from the moment they where conceived okay, please where is your proof for this?
What i stated is what is written in Scripture. So you tell me instead where your idea of a soul entering from this chamber of souls comes from. undecided
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ynix:

OMG save your son from Babylonians, what again is Vaseline. I thought it's for glowing the body grin

yes. Amongst other things.

like masturbation...
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by saintopus(m): 3:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
So you are saying unborn babies have no soul ie.(souless) until after birth?

Absolutely
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
You said from the moment they where conceived okay, please where is your proof for this?

leave the guy..e don hook
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by 22jumpstreet1(m): 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2023
cornelboy:

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

A soul is the combination of the body (cells, organs etc) and God's spirit or breath.

We got our life from our parents. Every human lives came from Adam. Adam's life came from God's breath or spirit.

We are all souls.

it was just a statue(ie made from mud) more or less an art work..it was the breath (or Gods spirit) that brought it to life.....
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

it was just a statue(ie made from mud) more or less an art work..it was the breath (or Gods spirit) that brought it to life.....

Lol we are saying the same thing.

What's your definition of soul?

Do you agree that our whole complete being (God's breath + our body) is our soul?

1 Like

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by 22jumpstreet1(m): 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol we are saying the same thing.

What's your definition of soul?

Do you agree that our whole complete being (God's breath + our body) is our soul?

10000% yes

is that not what i have been singing in the ears of maxindhouse...
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
Boss man, I'm not a Xtian sir, so why present the below bible portion to me?

Btw, can you present any verifiable proof for the emboldened?

cornelboy:

We are all souls.
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
Many religions believes in the soul concept, so if you have to quote the bible, you also have to quote other religious book sir.

Or perhaps quote not any.

Kobojunkie:
What i stated is what is written in Scripture. So you tell me instead where your idea of a soul entering from this chamber of souls comes from. undecided
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Many religions believes in the soul concept, so if you have to quote the bible, you also have to quote other religious book sir. Or perhaps quote not any.
Scripture is not a religion but a source for a particular idea. I don't care for religion because a lot of religious ideas are culled from the minds of the speaker and not from an established source of any kind. undecided

As I stated earlier, Scripture had it that the soul is part of man at his creation/conception. Below is the Scripture God's direct message to Jeremiah whom He, God, formed in the womb(mind, body, and soul complete).
4 The Lord’s message came to me:
5 “Before I made you(mind, body, and soul) in your mother’s womb, I knew you(mind, body, and soul). Before you(mind, body, and soul) were born, I chose you(mind, body, and soul) for a special work. I chose you(mind, body, and soul) to be a prophet to the nations.” - Jeremiah 1 vs 4-5
This is what Scripture makes clear of the creation process. undecided
So, again, I ask, what is the source of the belief that you quoted earlier?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Boss man, I'm not a Xtian sir, so why present the below bible portion to me?

Do you practise any religion at all?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

10000% yes

is that not what i have been singing in the ears of maxindhouse...
So that means you believe that when we die, it means our soul die too?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
Where did you get the you(mind, body and soul) translation sir?

Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism etc.

Philosophically too.

Kobojunkie:
Scripture is not a religion but a source for a particular idea. I don't care for religion because a lot of religious ideas are culled from the minds of the speaker and not from an established source of any kind. undecided

As I stated earlier, Scripture had it that the soul is part of man at his creation/conception. Below is the Scripture God's direct message to Jeremiah whom He, God, formed in the womb(mind, body, and soul complete).
This is what Scripture makes clear of the creation process. undecided
So, again, I ask, what is the source of the belief that you quoted earlier?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
No I don't

cornelboy:

Do you practise any religion at all?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
No I don't

What do you know about soul?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
■ Where did you get the you(mind, body and soul) translation sir?
Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism etc.
If you visit the scripture below, you will see that man came into being at the point that God molded him, man from clay.
6 So water[a] came up from the earth and spread over the ground.
7 Then the Lord God took dust from the ground and made a man(mind, body, and soul). He breathed the breath of life into the man’s(mind, body, and soul) nose, and the man(mind, body, and soul) became a living thing. - Genesis 2 vs 6-7
The breath of life that animated man after he was created did not form man but rather gave man access to life—the same life all plants, animals and even nematodes have. undecided

Man = mind, body, and soul
Living man = mind, body, and soul + God's breath of Life.

2. Are you here attempting to make me believe that all 3 religions have the same idea of a chest of souls from where souls are picked and inserted into the womb written in each of their "holy" books? Come on! undecided
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2023
I don't know anything for sure about soul, I only read what many people claim it is.

cornelboy:

What do you know about soul?

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
I don't know anything for sure about soul, I only read what many people claim it is.

Do you believe in spirituality?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 5:19pm On Sep 22, 2023
Is the bible more accurate on the soul concept than other religious book does?

Again where did you get the you(mind, body and soul) translation according to Jere 1:4-5?

Kobojunkie:
If you visit the scripture below, you will see that man came into being at the point that God molded him, man from clay.
The breath of life that animated man after he was created did not form man but rather gave man access to life—the same life all plants, animals and even nematodes have. undecided

Man = mind, body, and soul
Living man = mind, body, and soul + God's breath of Life.

2. Are you here attempting to make me believe that all 3 religions have the same idea of a chest of souls written in each of their "holy" books? Come on! undecided
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
Boss, I asked u a question and you are returning it back with more questions

cornelboy:

Do you believe in spirituality?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Boss, I asked u a question and you are returning it back with more questions

It doesn't make any sense undecided undecided
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
■ Is the bible more accurate on the soul concept than other religious book does?
■ Again where did you get the you(mind, body and soul) translation according to Jere 1:4-5?
1. You asked a general question about souls and I took to pointing out the Scriptural angle to your question. That is all. undecided

2. I already explained that to you in my previous response or what part of it confuses you? The God of Jeremiah is the same God described in Genesis as the creator of man, and He is the same God who urged the people of Israel to worship Him with all their mind, body, and soul. undecided
4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. - Deuteronomy 6 vs 4-5
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2023
How is the below not making sense?

cornelboy:

We are all souls.

Busybrain2233:

Boss man, I'm not a Xtian sir, so why present the above bible portion to me?

cornelboy:

It doesn't make any sense undecided undecided
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
How is the below not making sense?
Lol cheesy cheesy
You're not making any sense.
If you really don't practice and believe in any religion, why are you here on religion thread?
Why are you asking what soul means knowing that it relates with religion and spirituality according to the screenshot you provided?

You want a verifiable evidence on what basis, scientifically, on religion terms or what?

It's funny actually.

First answer these questions, do you believe humans have souls and where did you get your knowledge from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Don’t Tithe, Don't Come Back - The Most Daring Case / "The Fool Says In His Heart there is no god. " An Atheist's Response. / Judaism's View Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.