Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

If You Know About Souls Please Answer! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Know About Souls Please Answer! (1330 Views)

Returning Souls Or Body Stealers: Can Dead People Return? / Joshua Bamiloye Mike: The Movie “Lucifer” Used By Devil To Win Souls / Christains Please Answer This {photo} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by sonmvayina(m): 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
cornelboy:

So that means you believe that when we die, it means our soul die too?

What is death?

Before I answer you..
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:

So how do you know embryo is a SOUL?
The Bible God refer to anyone who kills a soul as murderer and said the same rule applies to a person who mistaking kill an embryo during a fight!

2 Likes

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2023
That I don't practice any religion doesn't mean I'm prohibited from religion thread.

I'm open to learning, provided you share your knowledge on souls with me backed up with
verifiable proofs. If you say all humans have souls, then how did you come to the knowledge of that?

My concern is, how did you know all what you have claimed about soul?

Remember my questions about soul isn't about believe but knowledge.

I don't believe humans have souls because I can't point out a soul on a human body. Mind you, I don't need knowledge for that, it's Just common reasoning.

cornelboy:

Lol cheesy cheesy
You're not making any sense.
If you really don't practice and believe in any religion, why are you here on religion thread?
Why are you asking what soul means knowing that it relates with religion and spirituality according to the screenshot you provided?

You want a verifiable evidence on what basis, scientifically, on religion terms or what?

It's funny actually.

First answer these questions, do you believe humans have souls and where did you get your knowledge from?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 11:41pm On Sep 22, 2023
Busybrain2233:
That I don't practice any religion doesn't mean I'm prohibited from religion thread.

I'm open to learning, provided you share your knowledge on souls with me backed up with
verifiable proofs. If you say all humans have souls, then how did you come to the knowledge of that?

My concern is, how did you know all what you have claimed about soul?

Remember my questions about soul isn't about believe but knowledge.

I don't believe humans have souls because I can't point out a soul on a human body. Mind you, I don't need knowledge for that, it's Just common reasoning.
You're not making any sense. According the screenshot you uploaded, soul is religious and spiritual term, so why bother asking?
You don't even believe in religion and religion books. And yet you're a on a religion thread.

So why are you here if you don't believe in soul and already conclusion that there's no soul from common reasoning? You want a verifiable evidence lol.

Mind you, according to the Bible which I trust, humans don't have an independent soul in them. Rather our whole complete being is the soul. You're a soul yourself. The same way we die, is the same way animals die.
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 8:38am On Sep 23, 2023
Bros, you asked what I knew about soul, then I posted what I read about it, mind you what I posted wasn't my believe it's only what I read about it, now before you made your first comment on this thread, didn't you see where I said OBLIGE IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW?

Note that, soul also have a philosophical meaning too.

If you claim to know something you should be able to prove why that thing is so, I'm not asking you of your belief sir, if it were belief I won't be asking you of proof sir.

What you pointed out as my conclusion is just what I feel or believe personally about soul, it can changed provided the right person presents a body of proof on why I should discard my believe about it, and when that proof is presented to me, I won't be having just believe but core knowledge about what a soul is.

So at the emboldened below why trust the bible on this soul idea?

cornelboy:

You're not making any sense. According the screenshot you uploaded, soul is religious and spiritual term, so why bother asking?
You don't even believe in religion and religion books. And yet you're a on a religion thread.

So why are you here if you don't believe in soul and already conclusion that there's no soul from common reasoning? You want a verifiable evidence lol.

Mind you, according to the Bible which I trust, humans don't have an independent soul in them. Rather our whole complete being is the soul. You're a soul yourself. The same way we die, is the same way animals die.

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by LordReed(m): 10:21am On Sep 23, 2023
cornelboy:

What I know is that a soul is a complete being.
So I would say a person is a soul the moment he starts living. Right from conception.

So an embryo is a complete human being? An embryo that has no brain or any other organs is a complete human being?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 10:53am On Sep 23, 2023
LordReed:

So an embryo is a complete human being? An embryo that has no brain or any other organs is a complete human being?
Does it matter whether you're in embryo stage or an infant or a teenager or an old man?
A soul is a soul. A life is a life.

1 Like

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 10:57am On Sep 23, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Bros, you asked what I knew about soul, then I posted what I read about it, mind you what I posted wasn't my believe it's only what I read about it, now before you made your first comment on this thread, didn't you see where I said OBLIGE IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW?

Note that, soul also have a philosophical meaning too.

If you claim to know something you should be able to prove why that thing is so, I'm not asking you of your belief sir, if it were belief I won't be asking you of proof sir.

What you pointed out as my conclusion is just what I feel or believe personally about soul, it can change provided the right person presents a body of proof on why I should discard my believe about it, and when that proof is presented to me, I won't be having just believe but core knowledge about what a soul is.

So at the emboldened below why trust the bible on this soul idea?

Can you just tell me what you think or know about the soul concept and on what basis are you asking?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:57am On Sep 23, 2023
cornelboy:

Does it matter whether you're in embryo stage or an infant or a teenager or an old man?

I'm eagerly anticipating the day you will be in the midst of this ones who have come out to dedicate themselves to JEHOVAH.
That day will surely call for a celebration! smiley

MaxInDHouse:

Baptismal talk!
My brothers come and let's share in the Joy!
They are so many!

Jesus is really gathering his sheep today!

Jehovah's Witnesses my God will continue to bless you guys for me.
Thank you!
Thank you!!
Thank you!!!
For locating me! smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by LordReed(m): 11:14am On Sep 23, 2023
cornelboy:

Notice I did not mention soul. I said human being. You said you consider an embryo a complete human being did you not? So when you eat a tree bearing seed you are eating a full tree? When you eat an egg you are actually eating a full chicken?

1 Like

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
LordReed:

Please imagine a woman of about 65 years old who has lost all hope of having her own child as everyone keeps mocking and calling her a barren witch but somehow she did it with one of her male servants and after all the humiliation the doctors confirmed that she has conceived and it's two weeks old.

How would she view anyone whose mistake happens to destroy the embryo in her womb?
Will she take it as just an embryo or her only child? smiley

3 Likes

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
Boss the tin Tire me self o grin

LordReed:

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
I have told you before, I don't know anything about soul, I only lack belief in the existence of a soul, because I can't point to it.

But if you claim to have knowledge about SOUL mind you I'm not talking about your belief on soul o!!!, I'm talking about your Knowledge on it. Then provide evidence for your claim.

cornelboy:

Can you just tell me what you think or know about the soul concept and on what basis are you asking?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
Now think of it this way undecided

MaxInDHouse:

Please imagine a farmer of about 65 years old who has lost all hope of having a tree as everyone keeps mocking and calling him a treeless farmer but somehow he got an orange seed and a farmer confirmed that the orange seed is two weeks old.

How would he view anyone whose mistake happens to destroy the orange seed he planted?
Will he take it as just an orange seed or his only tree kiss? smiley
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
Busybrain2233:
I have told you before, I don't know anything about soul, I only lack belief in the existence of a soul, because I can't point to it. But if you claim to have knowledge about SOUL mind you I'm not talking about your belief on soul o!!!, I'm talking about your Knowledge on it. Then provide evidence for your claim.

Soul means a creature that is identified .

For instance your dog is a soul!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
Identified as what?

MaxInDHouse:

Soul means a creature that is identified .

For instance your dog is a soul!
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
Do you know the meaning of a complete being?

cornelboy:

Do you know what conception mean?
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Identified as what?
Someone or something you know not just as a creature but by name.
You dog is just a dog to Mr Akpan (Calabar) and Mr Ẹ̀gin (Òndó) because to both of them dog simply means "meat" but to you your dog is more than just a dog so if anyone should kill your dog you won't welcome the idea of a replacement because you have known your dog as a pet and member of your house whose absence will be felt by everyone in the house.

That's what a SOUL means! smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
That means a soul could mean a thing to Mr. A and means another to Mr. B

So In that case soul is whatever you call it to mean right?

MaxInDHouse:

Someone or something you know not just as a creature but by name.
You dog is just a dog to Mr Akpan (Calabar) and Mr Ẹ̀gin (Òndó) because to both of them dog simply means "meat" but to you your dog is more than just a dog so if anyone should kill your dog you won't welcome the idea of a replacement because you have known your dog as a pet and member of your house whose absence will be felt by everyone in the house.

That's what a SOUL means! smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
Busybrain2233:
So In that case soul is whatever you call it to mean right?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa it simply means what is so dear to you so when you are worried about the future of your child others care less because to them your child means just anybody else out there.

God view anyone related to His people as a dear soul but regarding faithless people they are just walking corpse!

1 Like

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Aemmyjah(m): 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
Busybrain2233:
I have told you before, I don't know anything about soul, I only lack belief in the existence of a soul, because I can't point to it.

But if you claim to have knowledge about SOUL mind you I'm not talking about your belief on soul o!!!, I'm talking about your Knowledge on it. Then provide evidence for your claim.

Very good question
Since soul is a religious word and not scientific, why not examine what the Bible says about the soul?

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-a-soul/

2 Likes

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Aemmyjah(m): 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
LordReed:

Life of an individual starts as an embryo

1 Like

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Aemmyjah(m): 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I'm eagerly anticipating the day you will be in the midst of this ones who have come out to dedicate themselves to JEHOVAH.
That day will surely call for a celebration! smiley

Same here
I wish we can be in a group (whatsapp)
Me, you, cornelboy, janosky to encourage ourselves

I really need encouragement from friends
Wicked people are so much, they want to make living to become illegal
It takes much self control to reject last-days syndrome vaccine

2 Likes

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
LordReed:

Notice I did not mention soul. I said human being. You said you consider an embryo a complete human being did you not? So when you eat a tree bearing seed you are eating a full tree? When you eat an egg you are actually eating a full chicken?
Well we are talking about soul here.
And my definition was based on the Bible. The Bible shows that our whole being is our soul.
Our life start from the point of conception, in other words, we were already a soul at the initial stage of our life.
I'd never say a full grown chicken has the same composition as an egg but its life undoubtedly started as an egg.

You cannot explain the life cycle of a chicken with mentioning the egg. No matter what name you call it at different stages of development, the chicken life started from the egg.
Therefore the egg is the full grown chicken.
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
Busybrain2233:

According to the Bible, a soul is the whole being of a person.
The soul is not a spiritual entity that enters someone at a point.

So you can gather more knowledge from elsewhere and make your own conclusions.
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
Okay thanks for your comments🙏

cornelboy:

According to the Bible, a soul is the whole being of a person.
The soul is not a spiritual entity that enters someone at a point.

So you can gather more knowledge from elsewhere and make your own conclusions.
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by achorladey: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Same here
I wish we can be in a group (whatsapp)
Me, you, cornelboy, janosky to encourage ourselves

I really need encouragement from friends
Wicked people are so much, they want to make living to become illegal

They will just be typing the lies and manipulations coming from their brains here and there. Wicked people are so much, the much will also consist those on nairaland too. The heat don almost consume this one and cannot get out.

The encouragement from the following 5 meetings done every week as listed below.....

1. Watchtower study
2. Public talk
3. Congregation Bible study
4. Christian life
5. Christian ministry

not enough he still needs another meeting and encouragement from groups on WhatsApp grin grin grin

You better face reality, those you call wicked are not wicked, your GODS who are constantly manipulating your brains with lies made them wicked and you readily gulp those lies while your same GODS wine and dine with those they call wicked grin grin grin grin

I wonder what those in their 50 and 60s and over will say when this one is already lamenting before age 30 about last days grin

These are the same set that wants to tell me what gathering in name of Jesus meant grin grin

You better start reading your Bible without the filters of lies and manipulations from your GODS. Your Jesus stated.......

Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me(not from your GODS, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for yourselves. 30 For my yoke is kindly, and my load is light.”

How can your GODS which equals voice of Jesus be giving you encouragement week in week out not be enough and you still need another WhatsApp group to seek more encouragement from mini GODS? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by achorladey: 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2023
cornelboy:

Well we are talking about soul here.
And my definition was based on the Bible. The Bible shows that our whole being is our soul.
Our life start from the point of conception, in other words, we were already a soul at the initial stage of our life.
I'd never say a full grown chicken has the same composition as an egg but its life undoubtedly started as an egg.

You cannot explain the life cycle of a chicken with mentioning the egg. No matter what name you call it at different stages of development, the chicken life started from the egg.
Therefore the egg is the full grown chicken.

The egg is different from the full grown chicken. The key here is lifecycle you stated alreadygrin grin

No one is forcing you to impress them with your Bible knowledge. You don't have to twist what lifecycle means to propagate what does not exist.

I cannot place an egg- Specimen Z in front of you in a biologiy practical class (WAEC/NECO practical) and ask, what it is Specimen Z and you will be telling me Specimen Z is a or the full grown chicken. Is that clear? grin grin grin

We are not peddling madness and insanities here.

2 Likes

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by achorladey: 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa it simply means what is so dear to you so when you are worried about the future of your child others care less because to them your child means just anybody else out there.

God view anyone related to His people as a dear soul but regarding faithless people they are just walking corpse!

See wahala grin

God view anyone related to His people as a dear soul but regarding faithless people they are just walking corpse

See what that your God you talked about says....

Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

Don't peddle your lies and manipulations to impress others about your Bible knowledge. Is that clear? Even when the soul or whatever is faithless they still belong to God. Apply your intelligence grin grin

Also remember.....

Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

That they are faithless does not mean they are walking corpse, your Jehovah still expect them to repent. Is that clear military intelligence officer who wants to impress us with his bible knowledge? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by cornelboy(f): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Okay thanks for your comments🙏

You're welcome smiley
Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by Busybrain2233: 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
Boss haven't you noticed that one thing is certain about these folks, they would always twist the bible to suit their narratives.

Sometimes they make up excuses for God, isn't that hilarious? grin grin grin

achorladey:

See wahala grin

See what that your God you talked about says....

Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

Don't peddle your lies and manipulations to impress others about your Bible knowledge. Is that clear? Even when the soul or whatever is faithless they still belong to God. Apply your intelligence grin grin

Re: If You Know About Souls Please Answer! by achorladey: 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Accept in simple and clear terms what Busybrain2233 said that.....

Learn to read well and reason well. In the varying Christian denominations that are in existence today some believe the soul is immortal and others believe the soul is mortal and you are here still saying Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Naaaaaaaaa to what? To start peddling lies and manipulations against the reality on ground grin grin grin grin

Accept what Busybrain2233 said that there are different thoughts and taught about the soul. He is not going to flog or trash you for saying yes. grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Questions About Islamic Schools and Education / How Much Of Our African Culture Should We Give Up For Christianity? / Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.