Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% (34290 Views)

FG Increases Unity Schools’ Fees From ₦45,000 To ₦100,000 / Work Only Twice A Week, Until FG Increases Salary By 200% - COEASU Directs Membe / Students Protest Against Closure Of Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by osazsky(m): 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
DJBIGGY:
My own is, will it affect state and private universities?
na fg dey pay u?
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by chatinent: 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2023
kkins25:

Werey think say Nigeria na lagos.. 😂😂😂

Reduce the vawulence, chief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
membranus:
The good news have started.

Better times surely coming for all Nigerians.

The mouths of the doubters and the haters will soon be kept permanently shut up.
This increment is insignificant
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by emmyN(m): 12:50am On Sep 23, 2023
Olachase:
there's something i later realized the more FG increases workers salary the harder the country becomes
food and other stuff will increase too

the only things governments can do is start parking those useless youths roaming about the street, empower them into farming
nobody want to farm but they want to eat chip food,

i tire for this country

pls how much will it cost me if decided to relocate to Togo cry cry

When was the last time government increased workers' salaries that you noticed this? angry
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 23, 2023
Very good news..
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2023
nairalanda1:
Heading off the strike grin

Honestly, it doesn't change much. Inflation would soon eat the increase.

Allowing universites to set the price of their school fees....OR increasing government revenue 20 fold....is the only way for better unis.

Allowing universities set their price is the best way to go... I thought that was already happening when schools started increasing their fees... everything just dey confusing

Let the government allow schools set their fees, then put EFCC on their asses, I'm sure many of the school managements will be caught in several corrupt practices, use them as scape goats with ironclad cases that'll lead to about 10years imprisonment with no option of bail, maybe 15 professors from each region, and see as others will sit up

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by RepoMan007: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Allowing universities set their price is the best way to go... I thought that was already happening when schools started increasing their fees... everything just dey confusing

Let the government allow schools set their fees, then put EFCC on their asses, I'm sure many of the school managements will be caught in several corrupt practices, use them as scape goats with ironclad cases that'll lead to about 10years imprisonment with no option of bail, maybe 15 professors from each region, and see as others will sit up
when the schools set fees and student population reduces, what next then?
There is no shortcut to corruption problem Mr man. The person you replying to has a track record for selling and defending western agenda on this forum. How do you tame the already corrupt lecturers who aren't accountable and are already receiving as high as N15Bn a year per school that's never properly accounted for?

That's like transferring the burden of ASUU strike directly to the door steps of the students. It will backfire spectacularly.

Instead let the increase be adjusted to keep our lecturers motivated and let's tap into the cheap and effective educational stricture we already have. Believe me, if done well, outsiders will prefer to pay N1m($1000) a year to get college education in Nigeria.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by BALLOSKI: 10:17am On Sep 23, 2023
Olachase:
there's something i later realized the more FG increases workers salary the harder the country becomes

the only things governments can do is start parking those useless youths roaming about the street, empower them into farming

i tire for this country

why are you not farming?
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by IBBG(m): 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
onyxo76:

i don't see anything for the health workers in the educational system, their salary structure was not mentioned at all.
that's the problem, we seem to be left behind. We need to form our union cos other unions can't represent us anymore
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by kkins25(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
chatinent:

Reduce the vawulence, chief.
I'm here for vawulence sir 😂.. The guy say 100k..😂 😂
has he been to the north?
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2023
emmyN:

When was the last time government increased workers' salaries that you noticed this? angry
don't mind him

There's one country like that their min wage is 3+ million of their currency

1 naira = to 20 of their currency. so let's do the math

In relation to their min wage, nig min wage is supposed to be 175,000 naira per month while the prof salary supposed to be between 1.5 - 2m per month. While graduate assistant is supposed to be between 250k to 350k
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Babathanks(m): 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Olachase:

i tire for this country

We should stop all this illusion. It can't work. Even here in the north, Hausa don't want to farm again. The best thing is to allow importation of foods at a subsidize rate. We can focus on other areas instead of farming, we can focus on technology like the USA. USA only focus on technology, and they import many of there food stuffs and it works for them and there economy is okay
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by BreconHills(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
chatinent:

It's a piece for the majority who are underpaid, not personally me.

🫶

Got you.

Its criminal though that teachers can get paid like that. Some people are simply wicked.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
RepoMan007:
when the schools set fees and student population reduces, what next then?
There is no shortcut to corruption problem Mr man. The person you replying to has a track record for selling and defending western agenda on this forum. How do you tame the already corrupt lecturers who aren't accountable and are already receiving as high as N15Bn a year per school that's never properly accounted for?

That's like transferring the burden of ASUU strike directly to the door steps of the students. It will backfire spectacularly.

Instead let the increase be adjusted to keep our lecturers motivated and let's tap into the cheap and effective educational stricture we already have. Believe me, if done well, outsiders will prefer to pay N1m($1000) a year to get college education in Nigeria.

Where do we start holding the corrupt lecturers responsible and punishing them? Don't say the politicians are also corrupt, atleast we can start from the lecturers
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2023
Babathanks:

We should stop all this illusion. It can't work. Even here in the north, Hausa don't want to farm again. The best thing is to allow importation of foods at a subsidize rate. We can focus on other areas instead of farming, we can focus on technology like the USA. USA only focus on technology, and they import many of there food stuffs and it works for them and there economy is okay

🙊🙈🙈🙊🙀 Oh my gawd..... !!!!!!!
Please I beg you, don't bring this up in public while gisting with colleagues or friends

USA have very vibrant active agric sector and they are world leader in Agriculture

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Babathanks(m): 3:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

🙊🙈🙈🙊🙀 Oh my gawd..... !!!!!!!
Please I beg you, don't bring this up in public while gisting with colleagues or friends

USA have very vibrant active agric sector and they are world leader in Agriculture
I dont want to argue with u ooo. But base on my observation. Farming is not what Nigerians like. They prefer to go for other jobs than farming. For the good of me and u, we should focus on other areas and allow importation of foods
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by b3llo(m): 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2023
chatinent:
This is good news from the FG to the tertiary workers.

My heart goes out to all hustling private secondary school teachers still struggling to climb to ₦12k from the never increasing ₦10k. And they make it compulsory you write lesson notes even during vacation, not like they will even pay 13 months: they will insist on only paying for the months school was functional and leave you to your fate during holidays yet they will call you a full-time teacher. As if that is not enough as a female teacher, the director of the school will still want to press bwess and wipe.

As a female teacher, I'd have to work around the clock, take care of my students, and treat those who may vomit on my okrika gown like my own children but be rewarded with ₦10k after it must have been counted six times to crosscheck it doesn't exceed? Mounted with feasting eyes of predator perverts as heads, and also co-workers who yearn to dine, I am your undercover investment. So I'd buy my pad for ₦4k and use ₦6k for the month, plus my transports? And the only time you promise me a raise is when I bend for you, or spread my thighs "before your wife returns."

And as a male teacher, I'm left with no choice but to wear my tattered underpants to school, trying to hide their sorry state with a well-pressed about-to-wear-out senator. Then why should I blow the whistle on Aunty Njideka I caught red-handed eating from the pupil's lunchbox like a jackal who hasn't seen meat in a fortnight? Why should I spill the beans..when the school is giving me the whole "your reward is in heaven" spiel? Do I really have to die in order to reap the fruits of my labor while alive?

And after all these struggles, some students will see us finish because they've lost count on how our favourite brunch is two egg-rolls, black nylon to wrap it, and 7-up in a bottle that's so old. Let's not talk about our shoes that super glue can no longer hold together. And when you correct a student by flogging, maybe with a little frustration, they run to call their parents who roar with reckless abandon "no, no, no, don't tell me that; I want to see that teacher." And we will be at the backyard eavesdropping...sadly. How can we explain we flog out of love and not hate? Wouldn't we sound stupid and our words used against us? Cos even the school wants to face its face and not ours...we are left to our first judges; our conscience. And when we hear footsteps approaching, we try to run on tiptoe only for the nail on the wall to tear the remain strong knot by the trouser. We must look like complete hediots when you see us that you define us by our appearance first and not by the knowledge we have.

Ije uwa.

Yet we all parents all forget all our children go through secondary school. We forget the secondary helpers and focus on the tertiary ones!

#DropsPen

#SecondarySchoolTeachersLivesMatter.

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by chatinent: 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2023
KingLion007:
Jeezzz.You should win an award with this write up. What a piece. Bravo!!!, Pls at the end of the month remind me of your recharge card/Data. That was a bomb.

Hi chief. Good pm. It's month end.🫡
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by KingLion007(m): 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2023
chatinent:

Hi chief. Good pm. It's month end.🫡
Hahaha. No issue next week bruh. Trust me
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by chatinent: 7:57pm On Oct 01, 2023
KingLion007:
Hahaha. No issue next week bruh. Trust me

🫡
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by KingLion007(m): 9:19am On Oct 06, 2023
chatinent:

🫡
Abeg send me ur digit mk I do sub for u bruh
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by chatinent: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
KingLion007:
Abeg send me ur digit mk I do sub for u bruh

Thanks.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by KingLion007(m): 5:02am On Oct 07, 2023
chatinent:

Thanks.
which one do you prefer, recharge card or Sub?
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by chatinent: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2023
KingLion007:

Recharge is preferable.
🙂

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by KingLion007(m): 6:29am On Oct 08, 2023
chatinent:

Recharge is preferable.
🙂
Done. Seen?
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by superintendents(m): 6:32am On Oct 08, 2023
KingLion007:
boss make i drop for sub please
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by KingLion007(m): 6:51am On Oct 08, 2023
superintendents:
boss make i drop for sub please
I don run recharge card already
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by chatinent: 7:39am On Oct 09, 2023
KingLion007:
Done. Seen?

Thank you a bunch, chief.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by KingLion007(m): 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
chatinent:

Thank you a bunch, chief.
Uwc boss

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WAEC Result: Meaning Of Held, Witheld, Outstanding And Others / Difference Between ‘in the night’ and ‘at night’ / List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.