Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% (34303 Views)

FG Increases Unity Schools’ Fees From ₦45,000 To ₦100,000 / Work Only Twice A Week, Until FG Increases Salary By 200% - COEASU Directs Membe / Students Protest Against Closure Of Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by darealez(m): 3:07pm On Sep 22, 2023
chatinent:
This is good news from the FG to the tertiary workers.

My heart goes out to all hustling private secondary school teachers still struggling to climb to ₦12k from the never increasing ₦10k. And they make it compulsory you write lesson notes even during vacation, not like they will even pay 13 months: they will insist on only paying for the months school was functional and leave you to your fate during holidays yet they will call you a full-time teacher. As if that is not enough as a female teacher, the director of the school will still want to press bwess and wipe.

As a female teacher, I'd have to work around the clock, take care of my students, and treat those who may vomit on my okrika gown like my own children but be rewarded with ₦10k after it must have been counted six times to crosscheck it doesn't exceed? Mounted with feasting eyes of predator perverts as heads, and also co-workers who yearn to dine, I am your undercover investment. So I'd buy my pad for ₦4k and use ₦6k for the month, plus my transports? And the only time you promise me a raise is when I bend for you, or spread my thighs "before your wife returns."

And as a male teacher, I'm left with no choice but to wear my tattered underpants to school, trying to hide their sorry state with a well-pressed about-to-wear-out senator. Then why should I blow the whistle on Aunty Njideka I caught red-handed eating from the pupil's lunchbox like a jackal who hasn't seen meat in a fortnight? Why should I spill the beans..when the school is giving me the whole "your reward is in heaven" spiel? Do I really have to die in order to reap the fruits of my labor while alive?

And after all these struggle, some students will see you finish because they've lost count on how your favourite brunch is two egg-rolls, black nylon to wrap it, and 7-up in a bottle that's so old. Let's not talk about our shoes that super glue can no longer hold together. And when you correct a student by flogging, maybe with a little frustration, they run to call their parents who roar "no, no, no, don't tell me that; I want to see that teacher." And we will be at the backyard eavesdropping. And when we hear footsteps, we try to run on tiptoe only for the nail on the wall to tear the remain strong knot by the trouser. We must look like complete hediots when you see us.

Ije uwa.

Yet we all forget all our children go through secondary school. We forget the secondary helpers and focus on the tertiary ones!

#SecondarySchoolTeachersLivesMatter.

Salary increment is hardly a good news. While it is fair to federal staff, people like yourself who work with private firms and business owners like myself will have to battle the inflation tooth and nail.

Thanks to God I chose tech!! Finally set to earn in $ while in Nigeria. In all, the more you care about Nigerians, the more you lose.

Wish you the best.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by jclassiq(m): 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2023
Olachase:
there's something i later realized the more FG increases workers salary the harder the country becomes
food and other stuff will increase too

the only things governments can do is start parking those useless youths roaming about the street, empower them into farming
nobody want to farm but they want to eat chip food,

i tire for this country

pls how much will it cost me if decided to relocate to Togo cry cry

Just 1.7million naira only.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Alliswell248: 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
Curious345:
this would sound as good news : but Nooo. But the naira is almost like tissue paper 📜.

That Increase will basically achieve nothing ..

I still believe Tinubu should relinquish 65% of his presidential powers to peter obi . Just like the Kenya example where Uhuru Kenyatta split power with Raul Odinga..

Tinubu and his cohorts are extremely confused . Peter obi is the magic Dust they need

Ok....from third to first....
Keep playing.....

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Slurity(m): 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2023
Curious345:
this would sound as good news : but Nooo. But the naira is almost like tissue paper 📜.

I still believe Tinubu should relinquish 65% of his presidential powers to peter obi . Just like the Kenya example where Uhuru Kenyatta split power with Raul Odinga..

Tinubu and his cohorts are extremely confused . Peter obi is the magic Dust they need

Believe me, Obi don't have half of sense of management this current government is displaying. forget politics hatred, I am beginning to believe this Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by MEGAWATCH: 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Olachase:
there's something i later realized the more FG increases workers salary the harder the country becomes

the only things governments can do is start parking those useless youths roaming about the street, empower them into farming

i tire for this country

You are not going anywhere after electing emilokan
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by pharmagba: 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2023
Curious345:

Peter Obi doesn't have what it takes to rule Nigeria
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by starz100: 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2023
Increment that inflation had since swallowed.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by membranus: 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
The good news have started.

Better times surely coming for all Nigerians.

The mouths of the doubters and the haters will soon be kept permanently shut up.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Khyrvxjzy: 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
Curious345:

nsobu nsobu
bro we ibo dont beg we rather die
. please dont beg
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Khyrvxjzy: 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2023
Curious345:

nsobu nsobu
bro we ibo dont beg we rather die
. please dont beg
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by McLizbae: 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
Lecturers in the house, is this real or fake!?
Because in naija, we don't believe until we seeeeeeee..
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by olasmade: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2023
There was nothing like power sharing during the uhuru Kenyatta regime, Raila Odinga is a powerful man in the opposition and he is still in the opposition

Curious345:

I was referring to the dispensation before the Ruto era .

You think I'm daft ?
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by DJBIGGY(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
My own is, will it affect state and private universities?
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by JIBO4REAL(m): 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2023
Olachase:

i tire for this country

If you have like 500k you are good to go
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by vickydevoka(m): 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
Workers in the private sector have suffered. Especially people who work in a one man business.
You quit . Dem no force u
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by tabaralph: 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2023
Curious345:

Obi that could not achieve anything as the governor of Anambra state for 8years… continue fooling yourself oponu, Obi will only rule Biafra
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by AllBlack: 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2023
Thomthom:
That's not minimum wage.. that salary increase is only for Higher institution

you see where i wrote SOME. didn't you?
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by KingLion007(m): 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2023
chatinent:

My heart goes out to all hustling private secondary school teachers still struggling to climb to ₦12k from the never increasing ₦10k. And they make it compulsory you write lesson notes even during vacation, not like they will even pay 13 months: they will insist on only paying for the months school was functional and leave you to your fate during holidays yet they will call you a full-time teacher. As if that is not enough as a female teacher, the director of the school will still want to press bwess and wipe.

As a female teacher, I'd have to work around the clock, take care of my students, and treat those who may vomit on my okrika gown like my own children but be rewarded with ₦10k after it must have been counted six times to crosscheck it doesn't exceed? Mounted with feasting eyes of predator perverts as heads, and also co-workers who yearn to dine, I am your undercover investment. So I'd buy my pad for ₦4k and use ₦6k for the month, plus my transports? And the only time you promise me a raise is when I bend for you, or spread my thighs "before your wife returns."

And as a male teacher, I'm left with no choice but to wear my tattered underpants to school, trying to hide their sorry state with a well-pressed about-to-wear-out senator. Then why should I blow the whistle on Aunty Njideka I caught red-handed eating from the pupil's lunchbox like a jackal who hasn't seen meat in a fortnight? Why should I spill the beans..when the school is giving me the whole "your reward is in heaven" spiel? Do I really have to die in order to reap the fruits of my labor while alive?

And after all these struggle, some students will see you finish because they've lost count on how your favourite brunch is two egg-rolls, black nylon to wrap it, and 7-up in a bottle that's so old. Let's not talk about our shoes that super glue can no longer hold together. And when you correct a student by flogging, maybe with a little frustration, they run to call their parents who roar "no, no, no, don't tell me that; I want to see that teacher." And we will be at the backyard eavesdropping. And when we hear footsteps, we try to run on tiptoe only for the nail on the wall to tear the remain strong knot by the trouser. We must look like complete hediots when you see us.

Ije uwa.

Yet we all forget all our children go through secondary school. We forget the secondary helpers and focus on the tertiary ones!

Jeezzz.You should win an award with this write up. What a piece. Bravo!!!, Pls at the end of the month remind me of your recharge card/Data. That was a bomb.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by chatinent: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
KingLion007:
Jeezzz.You should win an award with this write up. What a piece. Bravo!!!, Pls at the end of the month remind me of your recharge card/Data. That was a bomb.

I shall.
Thanks chief.

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Cajal(m): 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Curious345:

Olodo
Na him papa money obi go use
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by amerengues(m): 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
McLizbae:
Lecturers in the house, is this real or fake!?
Because in naija, we don't believe until we seeeeeeee..

It is real but get to be implemented. We await salary to know about it's implementation
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by McLizbae: 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
amerengues:

It is real but get to be implemented. We await salary to know about it's implementation

Thank you sir. Please don't forget to come back here and tell us it's a lie if you get your regular pay without increment 😊
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by amerengues(m): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2023
McLizbae:

Thank you sir. Please don't forget to come back here and tell us it's a lie if you get your regular pay without increment 😊

The public needs to know this increment is pre-subsidy and not anything new under this government. Month end will determine

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by ejimatic: 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
nlfpmod:

Credit: @BiggyUpdates

In 2022 ASU/ FG went into an agreement on salary review.Same year ASUP /FG went into agreement too.
Now the government has approved the salary adjustment from Jan 2023.
The increase is different from the Subsidy salary adjustment which is still in the pipeline.
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by KingLion007(m): 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
chatinent:

I shall.
Thanks chief.
Just a boy who is in love with your write up
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Mustack: 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Olachase:

i tire for this country

Nobody want to do farm work again
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by BreconHills(m): 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2023
chatinent:

And after all these struggles, some students will see us finish because they've lost count on how our favourite brunch is two egg-rolls, black nylon to wrap it, and 7-up in a bottle that's so old. Let's not talk about our shoes that super glue can no longer hold together. And when you correct a student by flogging, maybe with a little frustration, they run to call their parents who roar with reckless abandon "no, no, no, don't tell me that; I want to see that teacher." And we will be at the backyard eavesdropping...sadly. How can we explain we flog out of love and not hate? Wouldn't we sound stupid and our words used against us? Cos even the school wants to face its face and not ours...we are left to our first judges; our conscience. And when we hear footsteps approaching, we try to run on tiptoe only for the nail on the wall to tear the remain strong knot by the trouser. We must look like complete hediots when you see us that you define us by our appearance first and not by the knowledge we have.

Ije uwa.

Yet we all parents all forget all our children go through secondary school. We forget the secondary helpers and focus on the tertiary ones!

#DropsPen

What kind of secondary school are you teaching at while primary school teachers are earning 80-150k per month on Lagos mainland for that matter? Only God knows what they earn on the Island. Information is key - not this long epistle you have written. Haba!
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by Yankee101: 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Prices have increased 200% or more since the last increase
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by chatinent: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
KingLion007:
Just a boy who is in love with your write up

🫡
Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by chatinent: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
BreconHills:

What kind of secondary school are you teaching at while primary school teachers are earning 80-150k per month on Lagos mainland for that matter? Only God knows what they earn on the Island. Information is key - not this long epistle you have written. Haba!

It's a piece for the majority who are underpaid, not personally me.

🫶

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% by kkins25(m): 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2023
chatinent:

It's a piece for the majority who are underpaid, not personally me.

🫶
Werey think say Nigeria na lagos.. 😂😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of States With Lowest Number Of Out Of School Children / What I Saw On Twitter About Jamb Exam / Olorunfemi Adeyeye Graduates After 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.