Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? (982 Views)

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. / Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by cbrass(m): 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2023
It's known that some people can fall into a situation where their parents may not like their spouse due to some funny prophecy they heard about the lady/guy.
So I am curious how you guys who decided to go on with the marriage are doing now.

How did you navigate these waters?
Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by iamtardey: 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2023
Even our own parents don’t like us for some reason known or understandable only to them alone… we move. Life… everybody deal with their part.

5 Likes

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Aonkuuse(m): 9:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
Me am not married yet but trust me, i can never ignore my parents and follow a woman, i could have done it in olden days when women been still get sense. not now that some body's daughter will come and be giving me wahala pro max, who will i run back when she done pack her things commot.

5 Likes

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
cbrass:
It's known that some people can fall into a situation where their parents may not like their spouse due to some funny prophecy they heard about the lady/guy.
So I am curious how you guys who decided to go on with the marriage are doing now. How did you navigate these waters?
I bet they are doing no different than those who had their parents' approval. All those rituals which involve third parties have no real impact on how well(or not so well) a marriage will go. undecided

3 Likes

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by cbrass(m): 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2023
Aonkuuse:
Me am not married yet but trust me, i can never ignore my parents and follow a woman, i could have done it in olden days when women been still get sense. not now that some body's daughter will come and be giving me wahala pro max, who will i run back when she done pack her things commot.

hmm..i guess you are not ready for marriage then, or be ready to allow them to force anything down your throat.

3 Likes

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by cbrass(m): 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I bet they are doing no different than those who had their parents' approval. All those rituals which involve third parties have no real impact on how well(or not so well) a marriage will go. undecided

Hmm true.
Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by AroOkigbo(m): 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2023
Do you actually expect them to come here and spill the nuts?
Obey your parents that your days may be long.
Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Aonkuuse(m): 9:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
No be them go find woman for me nah, i go find, they go validate am..... but my point is, i can never ignore my parents or put them aside for any woman, not this kind of women nowadays, do u know millions of people suffering in Marriages because if they walk away, people will drag them because they insisted on a particular partner?
cbrass:

hmm..i guess you are not ready for marriage then, or be ready to allow them to force anything down your throat.
Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by talented321: 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by talented321: 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
You're making sense..
I have seen different marriages where the parents refuse but they later reconcile because they don't have choice where as the two married couples are living fine..
The truth is whether our parents accept it or not, marriage that's going to last will surely last and the ones that's going to end will surely end with the acceptance of both parents...
We do those things out of respect..
Kobojunkie:

3 Likes

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
AroOkigbo:
Do you actually expect them to come here and spill the nuts? Obey your parents that your days may be long.
And all the people wey obey so tay dey ended up punched to death in marriage, what of them? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by cbrass(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And all the people wey obey so tay dey ended up punched to death in marriage, what of them? undecided

That quotation is what they often use to force their will on you and when issues Start they will leave you to carry your cross.

1 Like

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 22, 2023
I took my friend from the office as witnesses, went to the registry and got married without my parent knowledge or consent.

3 Likes

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Nice2023(m): 3:37am On Sep 23, 2023
Most of the people who ignored their parents are already in torments.

If not 80%.
Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by cbrass(m): 10:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nice2023:

If not 80%.

How many do you know ?
Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by cbrass(m): 10:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
Skyview01:
I took my friend from the office as witnesses, went to the registry and got married without my parent knowledge or consent.

Waoo..i thought it is only Oyinbo people that do this thing o grin
Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
cbrass:

Waoo..i thought it is only Oyinbo people that do this thing o grin

I later did church with everybody two years after that.

2 Likes

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by akube34: 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Skyview01:

but y did u do it dat way
Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
cbrass:
■ Waoo..i thought it is only Oyinbo people that do this thing o grin
People dey Nigeria were dey do am. undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
akube34:
but y did u do it dat way

I was in my early 20's and my parent did not want me to get married at the time.

My wife was 21, just finished from university. She needed to get posted to Lagos on basis of marriage. It was in 2005 and we needed the certificate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by cbrass(m): 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
Skyview01:

I love that, so when they found out how did they take it?
Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
cbrass:

I love that, so when they found out how did they take it?

I appologized to them. I did traditional and church with them.

I realuzed it was my life and nobody can live it for me. I also realized they were a little bit selfish and they thought i would not spend on them after marriage.

5 Likes

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by cbrass(m): 1:05am On Sep 24, 2023
Skyview01:

I realuzed it was my life and nobody can live it for me. I also realized they were a little bit selfish and they thought i would not spend on them after marriage.

What of your wife's family how did they take it that you married their daughter behind their back?
Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Nobody: 1:42am On Sep 24, 2023
cbrass:

What of your wife's family how did they take it that you married their daughter behind their back?

There is nothing they could do bro.

2 Likes

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by ecolime(m): 5:27am On Sep 24, 2023
Skyview01:

This is actually the fears of some parents.

1 Like

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by talented321: 7:20am On Sep 24, 2023
Stop misleading the public...
Nice2023:

If not 80%.

2 Likes

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Lance008(m): 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2023
Please not all advice from parent should be taken serious most especially fathers
Advice are point of view

1 Like

Re: If You Got Married Without Your Parents Support How Are U Doing Now? by Exceed15: 7:58am On Sep 25, 2023
If your parents did not support your marriage if anything happens even if it is a natural cause they will nail your spouse for killing you.

(1) (Reply)

Farming With My Siblings After A Longtime! / Where Is Ferlie ,star01, Fynewaka / The Evils Of Child Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.