Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. (30900 Views)

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge / My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by MrUchenna1(m): 10:30am On Oct 05, 2023
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by mariahAngel(f): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2023
Forgive and pray for him with all your heart to retrace his steps.
Don't allow your heart to be bitter towards your own son.

You know, even though we do wrong, God still love us because God is a loving Father.
Remember the father of the prodigal son.

277 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by HeatSeeker(m): 10:38am On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?

Simply grant him your blessings and wish him well. Shun the idea of meddling or interfering with his life.

336 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by minakom: 10:39am On Oct 05, 2023
Many 37 year old sons no get parents again. You better pray and stop complaining sir/ma

318 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Marynwachukwu21(f): 10:40am On Oct 05, 2023
Pray for him

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Zanzibar1: 10:42am On Oct 05, 2023
What kind of lesson? He has his own life to live and his own path to walk.
If he makes a mistake choosing the wrong spouse, let him learn on his own

Normally by age 30-33, a man should be married. But if he is unable to find his feet, he might marry late. So if he is getting married at 37, it's partly the father's fault.

235 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by joinnow: 10:43am On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:
teaching your son a lesson about marriage doesn't have to involve confrontation or resistance. Instead, opt for understanding, empathy, and open communication. By respecting his choices and offering your support, you can help him navigate the complexities of marriage while maintaining a healthy parent-child relationship. Remember, it's never too late to foster love, trust, and understanding within your family.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by NaBanga: 10:45am On Oct 05, 2023
Anyone who thinks like this has been a wicked person all their life. The son of such person would try to avoid their evil ways, thus shunning them from one of the most important days of their life. Most Nigerians have evil in their minds and hearts, but not all do. Hopefully the son cuts off the head of the snake next time and ends these "lessons" for good.

158 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by LikeAking: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:

He doesn’t need ya approval..

We are in a modern world ..

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by PinkNature: 11:07am On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:

You're not a serious man.

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by budaatum: 11:13am On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:

You sound like some angry god in the old testament, whining that your creations don't slave in your garden no more nor bow down and worship you.

You could destroy his marriage, if you please, though that would be like cutting off your own nose to punish your face, or you can go read about the New Testament God and be taught to be more compassionate and understanding and less stupid and ignorant.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by kkins25(m): 11:20am On Oct 05, 2023
37 year old son. It seems the Jazz you were using has finally failed. Now, it's to resort to physical means abi? 🤣

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by wittywriter: 11:20am On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:

budaatum:

You sound like some angry god in the old testament, whining that your creations don't slave in your garden no more nor bow down and worship you.

You could destroy his marriage, if you please, though that would be like cutting off your own nose to punish your face, or you can go read about the New Testament God and be taught to be more compassionate and understanding and less stupid and ignorant.
Harsh but apt mention...calm down ma'am budaatum lolz
budaatum:

And why, pray tell, must I calm down? Has anyone told you I'm not calm or do you just want to mansplain?
I'm not that gender though...

Wittyness.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by WantsandMore: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Why didn't you grants your permission?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by budaatum: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2023
wittywriter:

Harsh but apt mention...calm down ma'am budaatum lolz

Wittyness.

And why, pray tell, must I calm down? Has anyone told you I'm not calm or do you just want to mansplain?

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by xtvn(m): 11:35am On Oct 05, 2023
Send him money
MrUchenna1:

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Gadafii: 11:54am On Oct 05, 2023
We’re you ever a father to him, tell us how important and involved you are in his life before you start asking how to teach a grown man a lesson

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by RPG2020(m): 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2023
Hustle oo e get why

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by ahnie: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2023
This thread go lit with gbas gbos...
Where my cold fanta n okpa cheesy cheesy

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by DyingFetus: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2023
Go to okija shrine and tamper with his senses small small

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Jecci(f): 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
Toxic father.... now we know why your son shut you out of his life.

You want to teach him a lesson, you are not even bothering to find out why he shut you if maybe you contributed to it.

Everything no be gra gra but our African parents no dey understand sometimes

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Fahvvy: 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2023
I'd rather be fatherless than have a father like the OP undecided...

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by MasterJayJay: 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Buy chalk and blackboard.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by The6thAustralia: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2023
You are a good father. The lesson you are going to Teach him is how to manage his family well.

13 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:
You want to teach teach 37-year-old man a lesson for finally wanting to live his life his way? undecided

Mental health problems too plenty for Nigeria abeg! undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by jackmrandy: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:

IS 37 YEARS OLD MAN A BOY? ALLOW HIM CHOOSE WHO HE WANTS AND LIKE

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by defendedvictim(m): 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2023
Why do you want to teach him a lesson?

And why did he get married without your permission?

6 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by deekseen(m): 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
Your son doesn't need your approval.

The best he could have done was to inform you, and perhaps, introduce her to you.

I don't understand the type of lesson you want to teach him. Do you still shelter or provide for him?

10 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Imedickson1(f): 6:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
What kind of permission?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by PaganTerrorist: 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2023
Disown him

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by bukatyne(f): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
Jecci:
Toxic father.... now we know why your son shut you out of his life.

You want to teach him a lesson, you are not even bothering to find out why he shut you if maybe you contributed to it.

Everything no be gra gra but our African parents no dey understand sometimes

@bold:

Apt!

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by extremelygolden: 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2023
Teach him a lesson ko, teach him a tutorial ni.

The best lesson to teach him is to go get him a worthy wedding gift and keep praying for the success of his marriage, and stop living in the past, Sir.

Make sure not to interfer in his marriage unless you want to give him fatherly advice on how to have a successful marriage.

And lastly, don't try to mistreat someone's daughter with the excuse that she ought to have said no to the marriage until your grown son seeks your consent. Because that's what you'll finally do since your son refused to be controlled by you. She's now your daughter-in-law and must be well taken care of.

We're all observing you cheesy from Nairaland, ok?

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Uncle Takes His Daughter For Virginity Tests Annually --- Is It Ideal? / At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / Three Sisters Born In 9 Months, Not Triplets But Same Age (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.