Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,801 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE (18156 Views)

Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities / UNILORIN Set To Introduce Train, Electric Bus Services / WAEC CASS - What It Means For WASSCE 2020 Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by DesChyko: 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) says plans to introduce the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode in the administration of its examinations are at an advanced stage.

The Head of National Office (HNO), Mr Patrick Areghan, gave the hint in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday in Lagos.

Areghan said that introducing the CBT mode of administrating some of the council’s examination had been part of his vision for the body in the near future.

”We have already started something in terms of CBT examination. We have gone far with our planning and all of that, even in the sub region, the registrar to council is also doing something.
“But this is not as easy as some people will think. This is because we ask ourselves, how do we conduct CBT for practicals and essay papers?

“We can only readily do that in the case of objective questions. But so many people will not see it from that angle. They argue that some others are doing it, why can’t WAEC do same.

“Now, no one even talks about energy; how many schools are exposed to computer literacy? How many have computer facilities and how many have electricity to run these things?

“Even where you have all these things on ground, how do you handle the issue of theory and practical papers? So, these are the issues, but that is what I want the council to do in the very near future.
“We should be able to conduct CBT examinations, even if it means starting with the objective questions,” he said.

The outgoing WAEC boss noted that already, the council had concluded on introducing the administration of its examination using the CBT platform under his watch, in no distant time, starting with the objective questions and later theory and practicals.

“So, I will like to see WAEC in that light,” he said.

Areghan said asides the introduction of the CBT, he would also like to see all the operations of the council fully digitalised in the near future.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/waec-to-introduce-cbt-for-wassce/

9 Likes

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Iagos: 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Ebubu: 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Village WAEC writers say Hi

25 Likes

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by LegacyB: 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2023
All these boring news of To, WILL, PROJECTED, WILL SOON. I think I too will start to flog these OP/ Journalists SOON!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
That's a welcome development

2 Likes

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by bergs2: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
Skrrryaa:
nice

B for Bitcoin
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by lovinguszz: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
Finally.
Welcome Development. wink

1 Like

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by webservicing: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
okay
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Nigeriaaa1960(f): 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Another way to advance the (Expo)

3 Likes

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Johnjanrt: 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
cool
A welcome and most needed development. I know some backward, stone aged, archaic thinking 'sombodies' will think otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by kemax11: 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
My village school nko we don't have a good environment for this
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Isokoboy(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hehe....village pple ona welcome
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by IPG25(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
Why creating problem upon problem?
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by InteliJ(f): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hmm🤔

Is this plan feasible though?

How would theory and practicals exams be written? What of Remote areas without access to a computer?

I think, this might be possible but it would take years for our educational system to be ready for this.

1 Like

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Jokerman(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
How will young students now do expo or special centre?😁😬

1 Like

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nigeriaaa1960:
Another way to advance the (Expo)

Exactly. Waec is no longer what is used to be those days. Making it digital is worse.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by DUNDEEMASTER(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
grin grin grin grin. I just dey pity the first set of candidates that will be embarking on this adventure.
Massive failure awates them tongue tongue shocked
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by jmoore(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
How many schools are equipped with at least 50 computers?

This is not happening in the next 70
years.
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by princeemma69: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nice one
The kind of malpractices done in WAEC is horrible. I know someone who got 4A's in WAEC and later got 162 in Jamb

9 Likes

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
It's a good development.
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by DevilSignature: 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
grin
When we wrote jamb that year with paper and pencils it was a day across the country, after jamb introduce CBT and it took jamb two weeks to round up the examination accross the federation. I hope this one WAEC want to introduce CBT it won't take a whole year for the exam period cos numbers of candidates writing WAEC every year is tyms 10 compared to that of jamb

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by qanda: 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by OutOfTheAshes(m): 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
InteliJ:
Hmm🤔

Is this plan feasible though?

How would theory and practicals exams be written? What of Remote areas without access to a computer?

I think, this might be possible but it would take years for our educational system to be ready for this.
And network problems. Some students are not computer savvy 😞 Nawa o

1 Like

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Choicepropatis: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
Get your students ready for CBT Exams.

Modern ICT Laboratory for Schools
Setup Modern ICT Lab using Thin Client Technology
(Upto 50 Monitors using 1 CPU, 1 Internet Modem and 1 Printer)
Full installation with Educational Sotfware
CBT Past Questions and Answers on JAMB, SSCE, BECE & NCEE etc

Cheap and Easy Maintenance
Low Power Consumption
Space Minimization
Reliable and Dependable
Good for CBT Exams
Internet ready
Staff Training
Support Service
100% Guaranteed

We have on Request
CBT Software for Internal and Entrance Exams*
Automated Excel Termly Result
Multimedia Projector/TV or Interactive Whiteboard

Installation, Training & IT/Educational Consulting Services
Ipaja - Lagos

1 Like

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by ivolt: 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
4akomnehpetS:
Abeg no be everything be CBT or computer, you people should stop running faster than your shadows..Even China that is currently more advanced than this country will ever be, all their University entrance exams are still paper based. No be say you get population pass them, or say you get technology pass them.
It is not about the CBT, the main target is the contract money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student Electrocuted In Hostel / My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real / Bayero University, Kano Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.