Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE (18190 Views)

Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities / UNILORIN Set To Introduce Train, Electric Bus Services / WAEC CASS - What It Means For WASSCE 2020 Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by MrBanner(m): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
AbdGaniuy:
Good afternoon well-meaning Nigerians, Please help me, I am in need of urgent help.

My needs are genuine, and I am suffering from so much lack, hunger, and starvation. It's so terrible, I can't help myself, and I am fast sliding into frustration and depression. It's so unbearable for me.

I am not lazy. Things just shockingly got bad.

For God sake, please assist me.

I know many of us are also going through a hard time. I am begging because I have no other means.

Please, I do not have even garri at home to soak and drink.

Please help me with any amount; #600 will do a lot for me at this time.

Please. My bank details are: FCMB 9278689013
My name is Yisa Ganiu.

May you never lack the good things in life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

SCAMMER ALERT AGAIN!!! 🚨🚨🚨

Mynd44
Mukina2
Seun
Oam4j
Nlfpmod
Dominique
Rocktation
Dragnet
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by FireUpNow(m): 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
What about essay/letter writing?
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by jamesversion: 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hahahaha. E don red. grin
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by oluwaseyi0: 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
Ebubu:
Village WAEC writers say Hi

Ain't they doing JAMB

the same way the village find a way around jamb they will do same for waec
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by oluwasunkanmi97(m): 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
What about setting different questions for different candidates sitting for the same paper in different exam centres and when they are done with their papers, they submit all both answer and question booklets(OBJ and Essay). Practicals could have the same questions though.

Imagine sitting for an Exam with Essay and OBJ questions and none of your questions can be found in your partner's papers and vice versa and you have to submit all question papers once you are done and every question paper and answer booklet given to each candidate has the candidate's examination number engraved on them.

Wahala. grin grin
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by phemmyfour: 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2023
DesChyko:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/waec-to-introduce-cbt-for-wassce/
Nonsense
Those villagers without or with unstable Internet, how will they cope.
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by phemmyfour: 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

Ain't they doing JAMB

the same way the village find a way around jamb they will do same for waec
Jamb do both
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by gloryman91: 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
Why running faster than your shadow ?
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Nolevel666: 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
4akomnehpetS:
Abeg no be everything be CBT or computer, you people should stop running faster than your shadows..Even China that is currently more advanced than this country will ever be, all their University entrance exams are still paper based. No be say you get population pass them, or say you get technology pass them.
China no be Nigeria.
80% of WAEC writers have a reptilian brain.
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Keme4Real(f): 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
More avenue for more looting. A-Loot-a continua
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by ppogba: 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
princeemma69:
Nice one
The kind of malpractices done in WAEC is horrible. I know someone who got 4A's in WAEC and later got 162 in Jamb

It does not always work that way.

It is possible the candidate is a slow student naturally.
It is possible he/she is just getting used to CBT exam for the first time. That is the essence of the MOCK EXAM that most candidates refuse to sit for.

A thousand and one reason could be responsible for the scenario you painted.
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Xpol: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
DUNDEEMASTER:
grin grin grin grin. I just dey pity the first set of candidates that will be embarking on this adventure.
Massive failure awates them tongue tongue shocked
await
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Chetas81(m): 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
lovinguszz:
Finally.
Welcome Development. wink
you always welcome, the idea, this eleriburuku citizen in government House, can forget very soon
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by bobbiiee: 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
The computer of my nephew went off during jamb some years ago. He was scheduled to rewrite the exam. The mail sent my jamb was delivered around 12 noon the day he was supposed to write jamb in the morning. Welcome to Nigeria.
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Flamengo: 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2023
Don't mind waec

Exam wey hungry people go still mark.
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Bluntemperor: 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
That's a welcome development

Beautiful WAEC Management,it is possible!
Just Start Small with say, 3- Different Papers and end it Big!
Most Professional Bodies like - ICAN,CIBN- Banking,etc,are ahead on the methodology!
Start first with the Exam Settings - although,not an easy tasks but is Possible!
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by morrisono111: 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
princeemma69:
Nice one
The kind of malpractices done in WAEC is horrible. I know someone who got 4A's in WAEC and later got 162 in Jamb

I know someone who got 7As and 2Bs.The person got 102 in Jamb

1 Like

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by 7bucklife: 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
Advance way to cheat and carry acid or bomb(expo) into exam hall.
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Paragon22: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
LegacyB:
All these boring news of To, WILL, PROJECTED, WILL SOON. I think I too will start to flog these OP/ Journalists SOON!

Any day they try it, you'll see massive failure.

It still can be done if they'll pair theory and practicals. Then objectives will be CBT.
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by LegacyB: 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2023
Paragon22:

Any day they try it, you'll see massive failure.

It still can be done if they'll pair theory and practicals. Then objectives will be CBT.
The issue is they may not even do it at all. They soon, shall, win stories is just too much here.
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Nolevel666: 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
Rayban25:

Exactly. Waec is no longer what is used to be those days. Making it digital is worse.

What if they use the pattern of Jamb?

Yet to hear of anyone who cheated jamb

They get cheated instead
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nolevel666:

What if they use the pattern of Jamb?

Yet to hear of anyone who cheated jamb

They get cheated instead

Waec usually involves practicals and theory for marks so doing this digitally wont make much sense unless they totally scrap out practicals and theory. which is bad in sorting out the intelligent students from the otondos. And as for jamb, its not even as challenging and difficult as it used to be anyways. thats why theyre not as serious as they should be. we have dullards scoring 97/400 may God help this generation of lads

1 Like

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Quantzenergy: 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
Normally, all na initial gra gra

Then again, talk to us for anything Solar energy
DesChyko:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/waec-to-introduce-cbt-for-wassce/
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Tayorshd87: 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
DevilSignature:
grin
When we wrote jamb that year with paper and pencils it was a day across the country, after jamb introduce CBT and it took jamb two weeks to round up the examination accross the federation. I hope this one WAEC want to introduce CBT it won't take a whole year for the exam period cos numbers of candidates writing WAEC every year is tyms 10 compared to that of jamb

Yoù are a critical thinker and don't forget since jamb CBT has commenced Jamb don't have good value again because he no dey interesting again ..

So now for WAEC 🤔
Our student head go block oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Nolevel666: 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
Rayban25:

Waec usually involves practicals and theory for marks so doing this digitally wont make much sense unless they totally scrap out practicals and theory. which is bad in sorting out the intelligent students from the otondos. And as for jamb, its not even as challenging and difficult as it used to be anyways. thats why theyre not as serious as they should be. we have dullards scoring 97/400 may God help this generation of lads

I totally relate to that of jamb.

A lot of university graduates usually will have to start all over again abroad
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Whois(m): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Waec should not copy jamb. They should not make cbt exams compulsory but optional because Most Candidate that sat for jamb already have waec, it will be a disaster for candidates if their first external exam is Computer based
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by cooliotemmy1985(m): 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nice move
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by DesChyko: 10:20pm On Sep 23, 2023
FireUpNow:
What about essay/letter writing?

I think the theory, foreign language and calculation courses are the main concerns. Essays can easily be typed out.
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by Dynamicboss: 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
Have they considered the IT cost implications with this proposal
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by doneback04: 10:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
Them go fail plenty now grin
Re: WAEC To Introduce CBT For WASSCE by olisefom: 5:16am On Sep 24, 2023
ivolt:

It is not about the CBT, the main target is the contract money.

This is the main interest! Somebody wan enrich in family.

All his people will suddenly become suppliers/contractors....I hope they will not abandon the structures available for jamb, cos that'll be massive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Jumma'at Mosque & Islamiya School Built By Gov Shettima / Speculators Sell OAU Ife Land For N2.8 Billion / Where I Can Download "New School Physics" By M.w .anyakoha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.