Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. (6743 Views)

Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC / Slay Queens Take To The Streets Of Port-Harcourt To Campaign For Wike. Photos / APC Members "Flogged" Out Of Port-Harcourt During Massive Rally. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by 9japride(m): 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
Any Igbo tribe in Rivers that let envious people influence their origin only have themselves to be blame.
If Igbos eventually leave Nigeria, those other tribes will always see those igbo speaking tribes in Rivers state as Igbos and they will be treated same way they will treat the Igbos of the eastern region.
Hardly will someone see any topic that can uplift the masses from poverty, rather how to hate Igbos is their main objective. Very nonsense political agenda.

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Whalis: 2:14am On Sep 25, 2023
DaTruths:

What makes one an igbo?
Your forbearers told you.

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Whalis: 2:40am On Sep 25, 2023
NATIONALPASTOR:

Can't you see how sick and deranged you are ?

Real ikweres knows it was Yoruba's and Northerners that killed them during Biafra war.

This was why Yoruba's removed history from a subject to be studied in Nigerian schools.

What are they hiding?
It was Igbos. Not Yorubas or Hausa. We are conscious and old enough to differentiate who is who. The Igbos did and not only the ikwerres but to other minorities of the Delta.

3 Likes

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by truthhurtsnaira: 3:15am On Sep 25, 2023
Whalis:

It was Igbos. Not Yorubas or Hausa. We are conscious enough to different who is who. The Igbos did and not only the ikwerres but to other minorities of the Delta.

You people actually dont know or remember history. That is why on nairaland the same topics are vomited up every two weeks by childish Niggers under the African son.

“During the 2007 PDP presidential primaries, Pa Clark was very vocal in declaring Chief Peter Odili, former governor of Rivers state an Igbo and claimed that Igbos should not represent the Niger Delta.”

If you are looking for source go to google and research before talking crap.

Nigeria is not and will never be a country.
It is a business arrangement that Europeans created for their descendants to be rich and have jobs.

That is why the Barclays League is rich…. Those owners and even Barclays Bank made their money from dealing with slaves and Lazy Niggers..

But of course, how do you guys know such…. Only Big Brother Naija with blacks doing nothing tangible except vanity…..

Too bad for una

2 Likes

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by jamesversion: 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2023
mrvitalis:

If I ever become ohaneze president ikwerre would be expelled that same day

Yes ooh ndoni, egbema, ohaji, etche omuma, obigbo and ekpeye are free to join

Even the Igbo speaking part of okrika are free to join

But you see ikwerre never

Ikwerre are the reason I want Niger Delta republic to be a reality

Same ikwerre that were begging for port Harcourt state to be added to South East as an Igbo state because I jaws were dealing with them, same people now feel they have arrived

Look at this boy that finished from Stella Maris College, Port Harcourt in 2016 has come online in a faceless forum to write Jargons about what he knows nothing about. Somebody that finished secondary school yesterday is talking with all animal boldness. In what year were you born.

When your father sits you down and fabricates a story, you start throwing narratives about.

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by mrvitalis(m): 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2023
jamesversion:

Look at this boy that finished from Stella Maris College, Port Harcourt in 2016 has come online in a faceless forum to write Jargons about what he knows nothing about. Somebody that finished secondary school yesterday is talking with all animal boldness. In what year were you born.

When your father sits you down and fabricates a story, you start throwing narratives about.
Lmaooo by 2016 I was a graduate serving

Secondly I don't need my father to tell me any story when I can read

Ikwerre are not worthy to be called igbos let them stay on their own

There are many igbos in rivers state outside ikwerre

But I want it irreversibly official that ikwerre are not igbos and can never come back to the Igbo nation fold

Because I trust the ijaws
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by jamesversion: 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2023
gidgiddy:

Igbos have long gone past this stage, Ikwerres make up just about 3 local governments, not really something anyone breaks their head over. There are more Igbos carved into Benue State than that, who want to be carved back into Ebonyi state

Lolz. 4LGAs actually. And those 4LGAs is roughly half the size of Abia state, if not more. Someone made a thread on that years ago.

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by waynetee(m): 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2023
Ikwere are bigots grin
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by gidgiddy: 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
jamesversion:

Lolz. 4LGAs actually. And those 4LGAs is roughly half the size of Abia state, if not more. Someone made a thread on that years ago.

Still too small for anyone to give themselves headache over
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by abdeefggh: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
Ikwere ti ronu

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by jamesversion: 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2023
gidgiddy:

Still too small for anyone to give themselves headache over

If you say so.
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Rossikk(m): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2023
Igbos just constituting an embarrassment to themselves everywhere.

People are rejecting you because of your hateful, narcissistic ways.

Nobody wants anything to do with you.

Secede with your 5 states and let us hear word please.

Unwanted guests.

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by DaTruths: 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
Whalis:

Your forbearers told you.

Did ikwerre forebearers told them they weren't igbo in 18th Century, or just within and after the war?
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Whalis: 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2023
DaTruths:

Did ikwerre forebearers told them they weren't igbo in 18th Century, or just within and after the war?
I should also ask you if your forebearers knew ikwerres before they migrated to Ikwerre land for slavery?

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by DaTruths: 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2023
Whalis:

I should also ask you if your forebearers knew ikwerres before they migrated to Ikwerre land for slavery?

Nobody is Igbo, igbo is a combination of tribes that shares the igbo language.

What concerns an onitsha man and an Aba man if not language?

Does an Awka man and an Enugu man shares the same forebearers? No.

So nobody is igbo in that case
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Sirianese: 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2023
Longinyamapucci:

Shut up, Rivers is Igbo land.

@Longdickinyamamapucci how can Port Harcourt be Igbo land

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Sirianese: 12:11am On Sep 26, 2023
Longinyamapucci:

Shut up, Rivers is Igbo land.

If Igbo were native to Port Harcourt area how come the Ikwerre were able to drive them away even before the war started?

How come they actually had places to go to (their true ancestral villages? ) grin

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Whalis: 2:01am On Sep 26, 2023
DaTruths:

Nobody is Igbo, igbo is a combination of tribes that shares the igbo language.

What concerns an onitsha man and an Aba man if not language?

Does an Awka man and an Enugu man shares the same forebearers? No.

So nobody is igbo in that case
It is difficult to convince an Ikwerre man with this. An Ikwerre man calls the igbos Isuoma. The meaning is good servant.

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by DaTruths: 6:22am On Sep 26, 2023
Whalis:

It is difficult to convince an Ikwerre man with this. An Ikwerre man calls the igbos Isuoma. The meaning is good servant.

I'm not trying to convince an ikwerre man, I'm just telling you that nobody is an igbo. It is the language that makes one an igbo.
Its not as if all the people that speaks igbo shares a common grand parent the way Israel shares Abraham.

Why doesn't ijaws, ibibios, and other ethnic group speak igbo? Because they are not igbo.

Do you know that onitsha originated from old Bini empire? But due to the language and proximity, they see themselves as igbos.

If i travel to Uk, bear kids and spend all my life there, do you know my kids would become English? Just my first generation for that matter.
So what actually makes one an igbo is the language, many tribes that identifies as igbos originated from somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Longinyamapucci(m): 11:46am On Sep 26, 2023
Sirianese:

If Igbo were native to Port Harcourt area how come the Ikwerre were able to drive them away even before the war started?

How come they actually had places to go to (their true ancestral villages? ) grin

Ikwere is a small clan in Igbo land like others, no one drive any as you can see the dominant speakers in pH.Yoruba Man.
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Longinyamapucci(m): 11:50am On Sep 26, 2023
Sirianese:

@Longdickinyamamapucci how can Port Harcourt be Igbo land

Because both ikwere and majority are igbos you can't change yourself.

Like Lagos is for aworis clan.

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Whalis: 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2023
DaTruths:

I'm not trying to convince an ikwerre man, I'm just telling you that nobody is an igbo. It is the language that makes one an igbo.
Its not as if all the people that speaks igbo shares a common grand parent the way Israel shares Abraham.

Why doesn't ijaws, ibibios, and other ethnic group speak igbo? Because they are not igbo.

Do you know that onitsha originated from old Bini empire? But due to the language and proximity, they see themselves as igbos.

If i travel to Uk, bear kids and spend all my life there, do you know my kids would become English? Just my first generation for that matter.
So what actually makes one an igbo is the language, many tribes that identifies as igbos originated from somewhere else.

You are right in the phase of the prism you are explaining from.
The ikwerres are saying that they have no relationship with the igbos not even in language.

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by DaTruths: 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2023
Whalis:

You are right in the phase of the prism you are explaining from.
The ikwerres are saying that they have no relationship with the igbos not even in language.

Ikwerres speaks more igbo than 98% of Ebonyi indigenes.

But if they say it's Swahili they speak, that's still good.
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Whalis: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
DaTruths:

Ikwerres speaks more igbo than 98% of Ebonyi indigenes.

But if they say it's Swahili they speak, that's still good.
This is where we have the problem. Igbos might be probably speaking Ikwerre. You can't tell the which came first, the egg or the hen?

1 Like

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by DaTruths: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2023
Whalis:

This is where we have the problem. Igbos might be probably speaking Ikwerre. You can't tell the which came first, the egg or the hen?

Assuming igbos are actually speaking ikwerre, that means igbos are ikwerre and not igbo.
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Whalis: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2023
DaTruths:

Assuming igbos are actually speaking ikwerre, that means igbos are ikwerre and not igbo.
Here you are! This is what we have been telling them. Today America speaks English. There are more speakers of English than it is in England. Going by number and without history one could say England is America. Or the language belongs to America.
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by DaTruths: 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2023
Whalis:

Here you are! This is what we have been telling them. Today America speaks English. There are more speakers of English than it is in England. Going by number and without history one could say England is America. Or the language belongs to America.

Whatever the scenario is, the bottom line is that the ikwerres and others that speaks ikwerre (igbo) are under the same big umbrella which is a common language they share together, where everyone now have their own distinct heritage.
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Whalis: 4:30am On Sep 27, 2023
DaTruths:

Whatever the scenario is, the bottom line is that the ikwerres and others that speaks ikwerre (igbo) are under the same big umbrella which is a common language they share together, where everyone now have their own distinct heritage.
And that umbrella is any name but Igbo.
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by DaTruths: 6:11am On Sep 27, 2023
Whalis:

And that umbrella is any name but Igbo.

Any side can call it anything.

You can't convince an ikwerre that he's igbo, and an ikwerre can't convince a Fulani that he isn't igbo.

Same with the people of Etche that doesn't consider themselves igbo but speaks igbo.

Are they ikwerre also?
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by adekolaelect(m): 7:03am On Sep 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

If I ever become ohaneze president ikwerre would be expelled that same day

Yes ooh ndoni, egbema, ohaji, etche omuma, obigbo and ekpeye are free to join

Even the Igbo speaking part of okrika are free to join

But you see ikwerre never

Ikwerre are the reason I want Niger Delta republic to be a reality

Same ikwerre that were begging for port Harcourt state to be added to South East as an Igbo state because I jaws were dealing with them, same people now feel they have arrived

No one will like to associate with Terrorists and failure. Tell them to imbibe good character and moral that give no room for Terrorist and unrest . The Ikwerre people will beg to join them.
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by mrvitalis(m): 7:16am On Sep 27, 2023
adekolaelect:
No one will like to associate with Terrorists and failure. Tell them to imbibe good character and moral that give no room for Terrorist and unrest . The Ikwerre people will beg to join them.
Oh please shut up
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Eniitankorede: 7:51am On Sep 27, 2023
Nobody seems to like sauthyeast people both within and outside Nigeria. They need to sit down snd reflect on their behaviour and character. All countries know these breed of Nigerians as separate from the rest. Ask the president of UAE, he will tell you who they are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Bomb Threat In Abuja - Nnpc Building. / Anambra Polls: INEC Denies Mass Resignation Of Ad-hoc Officials The Independent / Buhari Is Not Alive.what We Saw was A Masked Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.