Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. (6648 Views)

Coronavirus: Wike Announces Total Lockdown In Parts Of Port Harcourt / Slay Queens Take To The Streets Of Port-Harcourt To Campaign For Wike. Photos / APC Members "Flogged" Out Of Port-Harcourt During Massive Rally. Photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by PaulNwosu: 4:36am On Sep 24, 2023
onumadu:

Some of you are just too immature and infantile to make sense.
So, you mean the history of a country begins and ends in under 60 years?
Nigeria still has a long history coming, either together or divided.
The future is very pregnant for all ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Evil always has a payday.
Forget about nairaland. No group in Nigeria has better "strategic positioning" than Igbo people. NONE.
We are dominating Nigeria's economy locally. And we are still dominating the diaspora economy (Nigeria's economy abroad) cashflow into Nigeria.
No other group comes close.
That is something that gives us IMMENSE staying power to outlast every group.
This game is a marathon race, not a sprint. cool
Quote me a day is coming when all groups in Southern Nigeria would want to claim being Igbo, and we would chuckle then. grin cool

Dominating which economy?
Go and see how the South East states were struggling to raise ordinary 1 Billion each during covid.

Last week, Forbes released list of dollar Billionaires in Nigeria. No Igbo there.
Instead of facing business, you are body making enemies on behalf of Ndigbo. If those people react now, you shortsighted fools start crying.

Leave them, no. You must talk rubbish. As if you are under a curse.

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 4:40am On Sep 24, 2023
Christistruth03:

Read it again Slowly so you can understand better
Port Harcourt belongs to the Rivers People
Lol grin please explain it to me. Don't change goal post. We die here grin This one sweet my belle cheesy
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Fortruth: 4:44am On Sep 24, 2023
Anyone that has an identity of a RIVER, can never be trusted and will steal your property....

In fact anyone that changes their ancestral names of their towns and communities and puts an R in front is saying that they are a

N I G G E R

from which the R originated from

At least they are so stupid they forgot to drop all their Igbo names and dressing....

See the tout Wike, see how frail he is looking..

Very soon dem go show him small shege, and he will be sacked when the time comes.

They can never love those who betray their brothers...

FACTS

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by onumadu: 4:45am On Sep 24, 2023
PaulNwosu:

Dominating which economy?
Go and see how the South East states were struggling to raise ordinary 1 Billion each during covid.

Last week, Forbes released list of dollar Billionaires in Nigeria. No Igbo there.
Instead of facing business, you are body making enemies on behalf of Ndigbo. If those people react now, you shortsighted fools start crying.

Leave them, no. You must talk rubbish. As if you are under a curse.

For starters, why can't you people go by your own tribal names?
Why must you masquerade under an Igbo name to type?
Is it how far your cowardice is?
You can't even answer Bamidele or whatever your tribal name is?
For fear that Igbo might swallow you online? grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Chai. shocked

For your point about Forbes billionaires and the like, in Igboland, we have what is called DISTRIBUTED ECONOMY.
For illiterates like you, it means that instead of having one billionaire called Otedola or Dangote, we have millions of millionaires that Forbes can't capture because Forbes doesn't capture millionaires.
And the evidence in there in our lives and cities. And in how FRESH our men and women look. cool

Our cities are the most modern (you can verify this just by looking at the roofs of buildings using Google Earth) in Nigeria.

We are not your mates in Nigeria.

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by MrAgbako: 4:53am On Sep 24, 2023
Nawa o. Make I no talk😂😂😂

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Christistruth03: 5:04am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
Lol grin please explain it to me. Don't change goal post. We die here grin This one sweet my belle cheesy

This one sweet be pass it hit you so hard you could hide it

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 5:11am On Sep 24, 2023
Christistruth03:

This one sweet be pass it hit you so hard you could hide it
me wey don carry am open thread? grin information I was looking for since, that's what you just presented to me on a platter.
I have always known the Ikweres were igbos during the first republic but I didn't have much proof until now.
Thanks bro grin
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Christistruth03: 5:54am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
me wey don carry am open thread? grin information I was looking for since, that's what you just presented to me on a platter.
I have always known the Ikweres were igbos during the first republic but I didn't have much proof until now.
Thanks bro grin

THANK YOU!!

Exactly

Make sure you present that information that since 1956 Port Harcourt has belonged to the Rivers People

By the Way D K Onwenu who stated it is Onyeka Onwenu’’s Father

He is from Imo State and is not Ikwere

(You just shot yourself in the foot)

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 24, 2023
Christistruth03:

THANK YOU!!

Exactly

Make sure you present that information that since 1956 Port Harcourt has belonged to the Rivers People
I'm sure everyone with little sense can read the paper and understand it for themselves. I asked you to show me where Ikwere distanced themselves from igbos before 1970, you went and showed me where they were screaming that they are igbo grin you can't make this up grin chai
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Paretomaster1(m): 6:00am On Sep 24, 2023
Igbo people get problem sha..

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Christistruth03: 6:00am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
I'm sure everyone with little sense can read the paper and understand it for themselves. I asked you to show me where Ikwere distanced themselves from igbos before 1970, you went and showed me where they were screaming that they are igbo grin you can't make this up grin chai

By the Way D K Onwenu who stated it is Onyeka Onwenu’s Father

He is from Imo State and was not Rivers State neither was he Ikwere

(You just shot yourself in the foot)

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 24, 2023
Christistruth03:

THANK YOU!!

Exactly

By the Way D K Onwenu who stated it is Onyeka Onwenu’’s Father

He is from Imo State and is not Ikwere

I didn't say he was ikwere. He is the president of igbo union and was clearly telling you that the position to oppose including PH in a Rivers state is not the union's stance but the Ikwere stance and that it makes sense since they own the city 90%

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Yankee101: 6:01am On Sep 24, 2023
Enjoy your 5 states and no one will be bothered
The issue is trying to force others to join you

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Christistruth03: 6:03am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
I didn't say he was ikwere. He is the president of igbo union and was clearly telling you that the position to oppose including PH in a Rivers state is not the union's stance but the Ikwere stance and that it makes sense since they own the city 90%

You do know that some Igbos Claimed they were 90% of Lagos?

It is part of their Chest Beating Ritual anyone can say anything

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 24, 2023
Christistruth03:

You do know that some Igbos Claimed they were 90% of Lagos?

It is part of their Chest Beating Ritual anyone can say anything
don't shift this goal post ogbeni. grin
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Sanitizedem: 6:15am On Sep 24, 2023
[
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Tranquill: 6:30am On Sep 24, 2023

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Christistruth03: 6:39am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
don't shift this goal post ogbeni. grin

Shift Goal post ?

After you have already shot yourself in the foot?

What would anyone need a Goal post for when you have no feet left to Stand on

You already gave yourself a Knockout

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 24, 2023
Christistruth03:

Shift Goal post ?

After you have already shot yourself in the foot?

What would anyone need a Goal post for when you have no feet left to Stand on

You already gave yourself a Knockout

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Tranquill: 6:41am On Sep 24, 2023
Omowale2023:

You are a big full.

South Africa just celebrated heritage day in Abuja, which is a national holiday in SA, why didn't you tell them to take "their day" to south Africa?

Many are mád, few are roaming.

Ikwerre just celebrated their Ikwerre day in the UK not long ago so nothing wrong in my opinion if Igbo people that reside in Portharcourt celebrate their culture in Portharcourt but you cross the line when your National leadership go to another person’s land to honour their ‘fallen heroes’ as they claimed and also calling the place ’Igbo land’.

You Igbos are averse to peaceful environment but it is important that you constrain your toxic attitude and avoidable problems within your Igbo land. You can not force anyone to be be Igbo and you must learn to respect your hosts.

If any place is Igboland let the indigenes say so not some miserable clo.wns from Ezza, Umuahia, Awka etc pointing at another man’s land as Igboland.

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Tranquill: 6:49am On Sep 24, 2023
gidgiddy:

That is beside the point, Ikwerres can hate or love whoever they like

The point is can I as an Igbo man celebrate my Igbo day in any part of Nigeria? Doesnt matter if its Ikwerre land or not. If I can't, then there is no such thing as 'one Nigeria'

So in the long term, we should all be thinking about how to dissolve this country so that everyone can get where they can freely celebrate their national day

Nobody is saying that Igbo people residing in Rivers State can or should not celebrate in Portharcourt but you cross the line when your national body go to another man’s territory to celebrate your ‘fallen heroes’ while also calling the place your ‘Igboland’. It is a back door to extending your ipig agenda to Ikwerre land and it is unacceptable. Go and celebrate your fallen heroes in your Igboland and leave Portharcourt alone.

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by LordBillionz: 7:00am On Sep 24, 2023
jmoore:
When I was registering for my NIN at Abia poly center, there was a girl that seems confused on what to fill in her tribe.
She told me she is from Omuma in Rivers state, 'I should write Igbo?' she asked me. I told her yes.

There are many indigenous Igbo people in Rivers that are not suffering from identity crisis. Ohaneze should leave the ignorant ones.
Em dey answer Emeka. He should have added R to his name so it will be Remeka.
When I was in school, I had one answering Chinonso and he said he's not Igbo. I asked him why answer an Igbo name then. His surname is Igbo too. Well, since he claimed he isn't Igbo, I didn't want to force him. I started seeing him as who he said he is but a foolish one , else, why answer the name that is know to that of those you claim you are not....

Gowon did this and it's working till date
Divide and rule. It was a tactic he used on Igbos to decrease their loyalist...
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by mrvitalis(m): 7:18am On Sep 24, 2023
Noneroone:
It's all politics. What the government does matters. If you ever learn what DSS does behind the scene just to thwart Igbo national integration, you will faint. A lot of them are proud of their ID but state bully is rife there. One of them openly flaunted his Igboness, the next day he changed his mind. What do you think happened?
Then record them and post online DSS are not that smart to be impossible to record
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by mrvitalis(m): 7:19am On Sep 24, 2023
ruggedtimi:
there is no igbo speaking part of okrika..stay clear
Oh please shut it go and ask your father... Morgan , Ndubisi compounds just to name a few

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Okoroawusa: 7:30am On Sep 24, 2023
mrvitalis:

If I ever become ohaneze president ikwerre would be expelled that same day

Yes ooh ndoni, egbema, ohaji, etche omuma, obigbo and ekpeye are free to join

Even the Igbo speaking part of okrika are free to join

But you see ikwerre never

Ikwerre are the reason I want Niger Delta republic to be a reality

Same ikwerre that were begging for port Harcourt state to be added to South East as an Igbo state because I jaws were dealing with them, same people now feel they have arrived

My brother you are right. But when someone says he is not your brother it's best you leave him alone. The Ikweres can keep denying their igboness for enternity but we all know the truth. I have been saying this since the time of Nnamdi Kanu... Leave the Ikweres alone. Agbacha oso agua mile

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by mrvitalis(m): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2023
Okoroawusa:

My brother you are right. But when someone says he is not your brother it's best you leave him alone. The Ikweres can keep denying their igboness for enternity but we all know the truth. I have been saying this since the time of Nnamdi Kanu... Leave the Ikweres alone. Agbacha oso agua mile
There are other igbos in rivers who are proud of their Igbo identity let ikwerre people be

They add absolutely nothing to Igbo land nothing

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Whalis: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2023
Omowale2023:

You are a big full.

South Africa just celebrated heritage day in Abuja, which is a national holiday in SA, why didn't you tell them to take "their day" to south Africa?

Many are mád, few are roaming.
Come and celebrate it let's see you.

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Whalis: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2023
gidgiddy:

That is beside the point, Ikwerres can hate or love whoever they like

The point is can I as an Igbo man celebrate my Igbo day in any part of Nigeria? Doesnt matter if its Ikwerre land or not. If I can't, then there is no such thing as 'one Nigeria'

So in the long term, we should all be thinking about how to dissolve this country so that everyone can get where they can freely celebrate their national day
What you see on the surface is truly not the bone of contention.
I am Ikwerre. The relationship between the ikwerres and Igbos have always been that of cat and dog. Igbos say Ikwerre Land is Igbo land and a prove of that is hosting the event in Ikwerre land.
Ikwerres see this as a confirmation of their claim and hence the objections.
This is the underlying reason don't mind any other thing put up.

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by austinofo(m): 7:55am On Sep 24, 2023
Longinyamapucci:

Shut up, Rivers is Igbo land.
Parts of Rivers state*
Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Curious345: 8:13am On Sep 24, 2023
Longinyamapucci:

Shut up, Rivers is Igbo land.
shut up .it's not Igbo land

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Curious345: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2023
mrvitalis:

There are other igbos in rivers who are proud of their Igbo identity let ikwerre people be

They add absolutely nothing to Igbo land nothing
ikwerres are not Igbo and they do not have a single trait of Igbo in them. For example they are

🌑 they are Lazy
🌑they are hoodlums
🌑they are cultists
🌑they are not business minded
🌑they live and die in pH (they do not travel)

Re: Take Your Igbo Day Out Of Port Harcourt. by Whalis: 8:32am On Sep 24, 2023
Razgas:
can you show us any evidence that it started before the war.

Also strange that you guys celebrate anything against igbos. What If it was igbos who said that Yorubas should not celebrate Yoruba day in Enugu. What would be your response?
Read a trace
https://www.nairaland.com/3568583/true-untold-history-ikwerre-ethnic

Blood Shed In Akwa Ibom As The Result Of PDP Ward Congress In The State / Pdp 2019 / GMO Products: FG Gives 7 Days Ultimatum To All Shoprite Stores

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54