Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State (63606 Views)

Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State / 19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Okrika Iria Ceremony For Virgins Commences (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by Kevineleven(m): 8:28pm On Sep 26, 2023
Thank you Jesus, finally, the search for a virgin wife just got easier for the good guys in 9ja.
Now we know where to get them woto woto, God bless okirika village in river stateπŸ³πŸ˜‹
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by slimmax: 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2023
So for all this community na only --- virgin de, chai I fear Rivers boys
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by jmoore(m): 8:30pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

You are a man so you can't understand. grin
Ignorance has no gender.
Stop spewing ignorance on public forum.

1 Like

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by jmoore(m): 8:30pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Ignorance has no gender.
Stop spewing ignorance on public forum.
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by SuccessfulRichi: 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2023
Time for men to marry. I'm going rivers State tomorrow morning 😞. Bleep!!
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by 1Sharon(f): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
Starz825:

bin the fact that you are a woman ....you can't tell if these young girls are virgins or not...Yes you can't tell.....

you are not a virgin doesn't mean others are not...save your crankiness for another day

So which of them there would you like to go and marry?

When you have a daughter would you like her to be paraded like this?

2 Likes

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by 1Sharon(f): 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2023
eepeepook:
They look older than first menses. The girls are supposed to be 11 - 13 year olds. Nice to see henna is a West African thing not a Muslim thing.

Henna is indeed a muslim thing, where you find muslims is where you find Henna.

But this isn't Henna, it's Uli.

1 Like

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by Starz825(m): 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2023
1Sharon:

So which of them there would you like to go and marry?

When you have a daughter would you like her to be paraded like this?

None! as I'm not obsessed with virgins...my fiancee isn't even one

however, the lady I mentioned made an assertion that sounded like a stereotype and not fact.
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by achimendy(m): 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2023
inoki247:
Lol virginity that comes with ugliness...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by 1Sharon(f): 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

They make statements all the time that any woman with big sagging breasts has been spoiled long time.

But here they are changing mouth just to win an argument

2 Likes

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by Qatar2022: 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

So you believe these girls with their full breast and very curvy hips are virgins?

Perhaps so, if and only if they have not come across the red Pillers. grin

The truth is, this is only an effort to preserve and project a dying tradition. Obviously these are not virgins. I'm a woman and I can tell first hand.
So this people celebrating them are fools only you have sense, Nigeria youth always think they know better than others
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by 1Sharon(f): 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2023
dkidd:

Wait fess... U can tell they aren't virgins by merely looking at their pictures
ThatFairGuy1:
Oga quiet there. angry
Though this tradition I dislike it, stop capping what you don't know.
How does this having full breast and curvy hips shows someone isn't a virgin?
jmoore:

Full breast and curvy hips are characteristics of women who are not virgins?
Dumb analysis!

You all know what she's talking about. According to Nigerian male logic, big saggy breasts are a sign of promiscuity. But on this thread you are all singing a different tune

Starz825:

None! as I'm not obsessed with virgins...my fiancee isn't even one

however, the lady I mentioned made an assertion that sounded like a stereotype and not fact.
You better dump your fiance and find a new wife. Remember that you must marry a woman you personally disvirgined yourself grin

2 Likes

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by Jat33: 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
Omo see fresh breastπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2023
1Sharon:

They make statements all the time that any woman with big sagging breasts has been spoiled long time.

But here they are changing mouth just to win an argument

The truth is majority of men can be easily deceived. It's their natural trait to be easily deceived because they are mostly very superfacial.

2 Likes

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by Ewedegubbler: 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2023
Ugly mucheches

1 Like

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by abidem4real: 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2023
ExAngel007:
Did you know??
There is a Festival In Okirika in Rivers State Nigeria called #IRIA_ceremony where Virgins are kept in one special room for 1-3 months, where they will undergo some training on womanhood. Once you see they see their first menses, they will walk Unclad to the village square and It's a big occasion for
the family which they are brought out to dance in public like this to be sprayed money; then Men can now go and book them in the room for marriage.

It start back then since 16th century It still happens till date

So now you know.

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Wow! Men that attended this kind of occasion would definitely have their "things" on standby throughout 🀣🀣🀣
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by Phyqee10(m): 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2023
Abeg when is the next festival?πŸ˜„
ExAngel007:
Did you know??
There is a Festival In Okirika in Rivers State Nigeria called #IRIA_ceremony where Virgins are kept in one special room for 1-3 months, where they will undergo some training on womanhood. Once you see they see their first menses, they will walk Unclad to the village square and It's a big occasion for
the family which they are brought out to dance in public like this to be sprayed money; then Men can now go and book them in the room for marriage.

It start back then since 16th century It still happens till date

So now you know.

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by 1Sharon(f): 9:04pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

The truth is majority of men can be easily deceived. It's their natural trait to be easily deceived because they are mostly very superfacial.

And they'd love to think the opposite lol

1 Like

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by Justiceleague1: 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2023
May God bless them with peace joy and happiness and a beautiful home
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by soccerlite: 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
Culture indeed

Culture from the pit of hell

Why was cameras allowed

Subtle introduction to immorality
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by kelvin1191(m): 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2023
Person proudly took pictures without clothes, Nl mods cover them up. Ike gwuru
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by alizma: 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

So you believe these girls with their full breast and very curvy hips are virgins?

The truth is, this is only an effort to preserve and project a dying tradition. Obviously these are not virgins. I'm a woman and I can tell first hand.
.they didn't send you to start olosho business at the age of 14, so keep your frustration to yourself. Those girls undergo certain checks/test before they were allowed to joined the group, some of their mates were among the spectators that day because they failed the virginity test. If you are so in doubt, get your things ready and travel to okrika.
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by ncoolsome(m): 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2023
chigoziri2403:
So no need to go to south africa again
What I seek in south africa is already in my backyard

What u seek in south africa is already in south south Nigeria

1 Like

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by dkidd: 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Wait fess... U can tell they aren't virgins by merely looking at their pictures
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by ThatFairGuy1: 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2023
Oga quiet there. angry

Though this tradition I dislike it, stop capping what you don't know.

How does this having full breast and curvy hips shows someone isn't a virgin?
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by winner37(m): 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2023
Wait , after exposing breast for public view I will later booked for marriage? 😱😱

See pointed breast 🀷🀷🀷
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by Germi9: 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2023
Yet they can’t invent anything to help mankind

2 Likes

Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by Johnthesuccess: 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2023
Zyxsc:
People wey get am no censor am. E reach nairaland turn, dem dey block our view. Why post it in the first place?

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by kelvin1191(m): 9:31pm On Sep 26, 2023
Person proudly took pictures without clothes, Nl mods cover them up. Ike gwuru
1Sharon:

And they'd love to think the opposite lol
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by Ekg911(m): 9:31pm On Sep 26, 2023
Dey play ooh, for naija. Make I never talk wetin dey my mind
Re: IRIA - A Virgin Festival In Okrika, Rivers State by ThatFairGuy1: 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
Stop generalization.
It's not Nigerian male logic but some Nigerian male logic.

We have different body type, someone with parky boobs, I doubt if it'll ever fall.
1Sharon:

You all know what she's talking about. According to Nigerian male logic, big saggy breasts are a sign of promiscuity. But on this thread you are all singing a different tune

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband / Official Translation Thread / Pictures Of OBI Of Onitsha Doing Ofala Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.