Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

What Is The Difference Between Tribal Mark And Tattoo? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Difference Between Tribal Mark And Tattoo? (1055 Views)

Between Tribal War And Gender War; Which One Is Common On Nairaland / Tribal Mark Model, Adetutu OJ Leaves Little To The Imagination As She Goes Naked / Pretty Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Goes Viral (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Tribal Mark And Tattoo? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
In my tribe we don't have tribal marks, so I don't know.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tribal Mark And Tattoo? by Puss360(f): 11:26pm On Sep 24, 2023
talented321:
You must be very good in history' the same thing applicable to ur dialect. When our men was fighting with nigerian soldiers, many of my brothers were saved because they were be able to speak our dialect..
So tattoo is not acceptable because it's for fun even the ones with meaningful drawing..
Tattoo is for fun...
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tribal Mark And Tattoo? by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 25, 2023
You destroy the self-esteem of that child forever with a tribal mark. It's akin to female genital mutilation. In a sane society, the parents will lose the child for facial mutilation in the name of tribal marks.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tribal Mark And Tattoo? by dododawa1: 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2023
Unknown
And
Know

Things.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tribal Mark And Tattoo? by Segzy19: 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
There is direct warning against tattoo in the bible (Leviticus 19:28) but there is no warning against tribal marking in the bible...

Tribal mark is a means of identity. Just as the name implies, it is to determine from which tribe a person comes from.... Once you see the mark, the tribe or origin of the bearer can be determined. It really helped some of our ancestors that were sold off into slavery back then as some of them were able to reconnect with themselves with the help of their tribal marks.

However, tattoo isn't a means of identity. Sometimes or even most of the times, one sees weird and scary tattoo designs like snake, scorpion, axe, eagle eye, and all sort.... Yes, I know that some also make cross, angel, Bible, praying hands and some other 'holy' designs but God warned against it as far back as Leviticus... I guess that's the religious or spiritual aspect of it why it is seen as evil...

talented321:
I need wide explaination to this...
Why is tribal mark accepted and tattoo is tagged evil...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Tribal Mark And Tattoo? by izonborn098(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2023
Tattoo is seen as an irresponsible lifestyle while tribal mark is a form identity..
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tribal Mark And Tattoo? by Suunnn(f): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
talented321:
From ur explaination' tattoo is evil because it's for fun, can be drawn anywhere and most likely don't have any significant important..
Now what about those who draw it because of a past memory or victory, should we condemn everybody?..
Do not get me wrong please

To begin with, had to differentiate

And to your question, tattoo to me is not a bad thing but tribal mark in comparison to tattoo is not the same and those having tattoo is not bad,, all depend on how you tattoo,,, what you tattoo really and etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Letter To All / Beautiful World What Is The Secret / Older Girls Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.