Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor (17773 Views)

Governors Sanwo-Olu & Abdulrahman Open Ikeja Overpass On The Red Line Corridor / Sanwo-Olu Warns Traders On The Red Line Corridor / Alaba Market Fire: Police Arrested "Suspected Criminals", Set Shanties On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by lathrowinger: 7:41am On Sep 25, 2023
Godofwar247:
I gats hustle more...

God will bless our hustle
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 25, 2023
Not bad at all
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by twilliamx(m): 8:00am On Sep 25, 2023
Malroux:
Imagine a world class city that Tinubu built!
Where are you from? Cos I know it's not Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by blingxx(m): 8:06am On Sep 25, 2023
tollyboy5:
Come to iyanaba and see how aboki and market women are turning the new completed 10 lane road network to dusbin site. Shit everywhere along the pedestrian way, i was heading to PPL and i had to cover my nose.
The only thing many Nigerians know how to do is blame government.

Same here in ogun state those one will even defecate in daylight, they really need to roundup this pple in prison
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Menclothing: 8:18am On Sep 25, 2023
The government is building multi billion road and rail line and people are throwing dirt along the corridor and selling on main road

Any item seized should be total forfeiture and anyone throwing dirt should be taken to instant mobile court
If am Lagos gov u seen throwing dirt it’s 500k fine that what neighborhood police should be doing and for everyone you caught on camera govt pay u 10k

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Malroux: 8:26am On Sep 25, 2023
seanfer:

Everything is about Tinubu. And if we check very well your state may be full of shanties.
Is it no longer Tinubu that built Lagos?
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Mccullum: 8:31am On Sep 25, 2023
This is the result of inconsistency on regular clearing of shanties by LAWMA in Lagos State, this one of the areas Sanwo-Olu is failing, under his nose Lagos littered with shanties.

I dislike dirty environment, he needs to work on this, not all this media clearing of shanties, both the governor and the head of ministry of environment only exposing their failure in this aspect.

Fashola highly proactive and consistent than all others.
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Johnthesuccess: 8:34am On Sep 25, 2023
naptu2:

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/lagos-commences-removal-of-shanties-on-blue-line-rail-corridor-on-lagos-badagry-expressway/

Lagos State officials of KAI and the police are also culpable in this mess. Kai,lastma and police take bribe from these transport workers and market women for space along major roads in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Ashi22: 8:41am On Sep 25, 2023
Morning my good people
Please I need am assistance,am a single mother of two,am a teacher in one private sch that's paying me 20k,my landlord has been giving me problem to sleep with him or else pay my due house rent which is 150k to God be the glory have raise 60k,this my landlord what his rent to be pay in gull,pls no amount of too small here is my acc first Bank 3115225180 Lara,,ur little token will be highly appreciate... God bless you as u assist a sister
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Fearyourcreator: 8:43am On Sep 25, 2023
tollyboy5:
Come to iyanaba and see how aboki and market women are turning the new completed 10 lane road network to dusbin site. Shit everywhere along the pedestrian way, i was heading to PPL and i had to cover my nose.

Many Nigerians are destroyers... na free free dem dey want ... the same people Sabi blame government than anything ... was still around there last Friday

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by gosmoney(m): 9:21am On Sep 25, 2023
Malroux:
which one ur state, village and ur generation build and if we look well na people like u no dey get recognised even for ur village u come dey talk trash e no go better for u sha werey

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by delvzy(m): 9:23am On Sep 25, 2023
While I do appreciate the quest of the LASG to ensure infrastructural development, they need to also put in place alternative areas for these people to find shelter.
You can't have these people going to build another round of shanties elsewhere.
As regards illegal dump sites, govt needs a prolific approach towards establishing proper dump sites as well as dealing with saboteurs according to the law.
The Govt has responsibilities so do the people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by seanfer(m): 9:50am On Sep 25, 2023
Malroux:
Is it no longer Tinubu that built Lagos?

He is better and all Governors your state has been producing... If you are proud of your state please mention it... Night travelers

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by JohnnA1: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2023
deji17:
So far this is not Aba or Onitsha, Lagos must be cleaned and laws must be obeyed..
BE E NI!
Ti anybody o ba like e, KO GERROUT!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by wowcatty: 10:55am On Sep 25, 2023
No matter how beautiful a house is, the moment you allowed the SE pigs in, this is the
end result.
Malroux:
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by wowcatty: 11:02am On Sep 25, 2023
All the trucks along the Lagos-Ibadan Expwy should be moved to a park that can be rented out on daily basis to truck drivers to park their trucks.

And trucks should be on the road from 9 pm to 6am only. These will reduce accidents and cut the travel time by half.

I don't know why these simple things can't be done in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Calitoscassius(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2023
Ashi22:
Morning my good people
Please I need am assistance,am a single mother of two,am a teacher in one private sch that's paying me 20k,my landlord has been giving me problem to sleep with him or else pay my due house rent which is 150k to God be the glory have raise 60k,this my landlord what his rent to be pay in gull,pls no amount of too small here is my acc first Bank 3115225180 Lara,,ur little token will be highly appreciate... God bless you as u assist a sister
You are a single mother with 2 children? So where is the father of your 2 children? What about your own families? Or the families of your children father?

Why would your landlord be giving problem to sleep with him? Maybe you should sleep with him, afterall you don't seem to have a husband or boyfriend.

If you cannot afford to pay for where you live, move to a cheaper house or room.

If i give you money today, what about next month rent? Or the next month after, or next month. What about next year's rent?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Litmus: 11:22am On Sep 25, 2023
I am waiting for the rendition of "Let The Poor Breath" by Orchestra of the Civil Society.
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Hanndye: 11:35am On Sep 25, 2023
tollyboy5:
Aboki matter different for Lagos. If you know you know.
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Sleekfingers: 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2023
Authoreety:
I feel for the owners of the shanties

It is not a must to stay in lagos....

All those shanties in Makoko, ilaje ( bariga), oko baba etc. will be demolished

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Successkay12(m): 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
Malroux:
Yes iyamiri people are d ones leaving at that shanties and they're d ones responsible for those waste

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by youngdabold19: 10:23pm On Sep 25, 2023
tollyboy5:

I move from LASU to Okoko and men the way those abokis shit on the road is something else. I observed on Wednesday that the people that sold on the road at Okoko are no longer there though they started selling small small on Sunday.

I'm waiting to see what happens to Alaba Rago.
Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Horus(m): 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
Lagos Govt Demolishes Shanties On Blue Line Rail Corridor

Re: Lagos Commences Removal Of Shanties On Blue Line Corridor by Horus(m): 4:15am On Sep 26, 2023
Lagos gives shanty owners on Blue Line rail corridor 7-day ultimatum to vacate

Lagos State on Sunday gave a seven-day ultimatum to shanty owners and traders on the setback on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway to move behind the road setback or relocate totally.

The Lagos-Badagry Expressway sits the Blue Line rail service from Orile to Iyana Iba and its Right-of-Way.

Commissioner for Environment and Water Resources, Mr Tokunbo Wahab, issued the ultimatum during an inspection tour of the rail line corridor.

He stressed that there was the need to ensure a complete restoration of the Right-of-Way of the Blue Line rail service which had been infringed upon by shanty owners and traders.

Wahab noted that the Lagos-Badagry Expressway itself through which the corridor passes is an international highway whose setback must be held sacrosanct.

He explained that the setback for the Lagos-Badagry Expressway was between 90 meters and 120 meters from the road and that any structure on the setback would not be allowed to stand.

He noted that the one-month notice the government gave to traders, squatters and occupiers of shanties and abandoned vehicles on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway to vacate the area had lapsed.

The commissioner laid emphasis on Agboju area of the corridor where squatters had erected shanties on the road setback and assured that the area would be beautified after the shanties had been removed.

He advised recalcitrant occupiers of shanties under the bridge before Abule Osun area, also on the corridor to move out before government’s enforcement team shoved them away.

Wahab charged commercial vehicle operators on the corridor to operate only from their designated parks as vehicles picking up or dropping passengers at undesignated bus stops would be impounded and their owners prosecuted.

The commissioner assured that government was determined to restore the greenery and beautify the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Agege, Lagos Island, Ikeja and other areas where traders had encroached on the Right-of-Way.

“A special intervention team is cleaning up the Lagos-Badagry Expressway to rid it of all environmental nuisances and black spots.

“The exercise will be sustained to ensure that ejected squatters do not return to rebuild their shanties,’’ Wahab said.

The commissioner also warned street traders in different parts of the state that no area encroached upon would be left out of the clean-up.

Wahab advised traders at Afolabi Ege Market, Iyana Iba, to relocate within seven days as they were the ones causing traffic gridlock in the area.

Source https://tribuneonlineng.com/lagos-gives-shanty-owners-on-blue-line-rail-corridor-7-day-ultimatum-to-vacate/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Snubbed PDP Offer, By Edo Widow / Fayemi Reacts To Vote Of No Confidence By Reps Channels Television / Presidential Panel Uncovers Fraud In Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.