Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato (41689 Views)

'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Nagiko Threatened To Kidnap & Kill Me Over Erisco Tomato Review - Chioma Egodi / Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by inoki247: 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2023
Lol
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by ify84(m): 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2023
There is no law that says people can't do review of goods on public forum. Erisco is wrong and will suffer damages more as people will side with the young lady more.

8 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Emmasnoop(m): 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2023
Kestolove:
Useless iyamiri woman trying to rubbish our own iyamiri' local made tomato....we all know iyamiri's are known to produce fake things but must u say it out...
Why she nor go talk out, typical Nigeria mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Samogloby: 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2023
Erisco don buy market by arresting someone who complained about the product. As for me,erisco products is no no.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Elsudani2: 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2023
paul100:
I can't believe 95% of everything in page 1&2 of this thread is full of insults and nothing important.Guys,grow up.GoooshhhhhhhšŸ¤§šŸ¤§šŸ¤§

Report to the mods you can see the guy clearly insulting people's mother and instead of you to report you are complaining here
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Mckandre(m): 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2023
yemex04:
I am 100% with the Erisco Foods Ltd. As much as the Consumer can always be right,the Manufacturers should equally be protected from sponsored & careless malicious defamation of their products.Customers can complain but certainly not through the Social Media..What if the Product conforms with acceptable standard? That your taste board feels higher concentration of sugar doesn't mean others will feel same.
can u prove she was sponsored or affiliated with a competitor? Consumers have every right to review the product they patronise,its only in Nigeria I've seen consumers harassed for making reviews.must every review be a positive one? Its left for the company to come out in ads and media to debunk such claims and reach out to that customers and reason with them amicably and run their in house investigation on that production line. Its only Coca-Cola that understood the importance of customer relation because its not an indigenous company.

9 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by article1: 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2023
NaMe4:
What's this rubbish about harassing and intimidating consumers who make reviews about products?

The owners of these small companies don dey mad?

The Consumer Protection Agency should make a strong example with these rogues!

No be only erisco.
No be that man wet dey use Ankara dey sew suit be dat
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by FashionCookie(f): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2023
Always try to make constructive criticism.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Emusan(m): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2023
SmartPolician:
I love this. Companies and government agencies must step up their games in monitoring what people post online.

You cannot be destroying the image of brand they invested time, efforts and resources to build in the name of cruise.

Wrongdoings must have consequences in Nigeria.

Actually you are wrong.

She didn't destroy the company image but seeking opinion of others on their product.

Remember, in 2007, a Baby teething product called MY PIKIN was released to the market by 2008 over 80 babies have died from it.

Public outcry brought government attention into it and it was discovered that it actually contain a certain substance that can cause harm to the body. Eventually, the product was banned.

So when is given negative feedback about products become a crime?

The company failed to have used this as opportunity to do good PR for their product rather than arresting her.

What if some crooks have already produced the counterfeit of their product?

What if there was actually production error somewhere?

You see negative feedback for a product isn't a crime.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Ezmans: 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2023
Kestolove:
Useless iyamiri woman trying to rubbish our own iyamiri' local made tomato....we all know iyamiri's are known to produce fake things but must u say it out...
Igbos are known for saying out, they are not known for suffering and smiling, whether it's an Igbo man product or not they don't care

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by RepoMan007: 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2023
The brand have right to be angry but again, maybe her observation is genuine. One thing stands, she should know how to convey thought without giving legal ground to be harrased by anyone.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Blackdisciple(m): 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2023
People supporting evil so she should keep mute and when our government goes astray you criticized them...

Let the appropriate agency run a test on the product if found wanting erisco will have to pay her for damages and if found not wanting then let the law takes it cause...

Some people in this country even if their brother is producing fake drugs and sell to the general public they will still support their brother and forgot that their cousin or any one related to them can go and buy same drug.

"Those who live in glass house don't throw stone"

4 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by SmartPolician: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2023
pocohantas:

What is wrongdoing in reviews?
It is her opinion and she is entitled to it. She didn't say it killed anyone. She said it has too much sugar and it is left for her to prove it does.

She should go and prove it in court.

Do you know what it means to have sugar in tin tomatoes?

What is sugar doing in a tomato paste company?

As far as I am concerned, that lady was only catching cruise. So, she never saw this coming. She obviously belongs to the "Come and beat me; I dey my house" crew. Now, she's getting what she deserves.

There are people who are obsessed with what they will post online every day just to stay relevant because they feed on clout chasing. It's okay if they chose to live that kind of lifestyle, but not at the detriment of another man's efforts, resources and time.

5 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Princeton92(m): 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2023
I dunno why this is soo funny sha
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by descartes400: 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2023
pocohantas:

What is wrongdoing in reviews?
It is her opinion and she is entitled to it. She didn't say it killed anyone. She said it has too much sugar and it is left for her to prove it does.

She went further to accuse the company of killing people with its products! How's that okay?

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Ellegacy(m): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2023
What happened to free speech. It can definitely tastes like too much sugar when she tastes it.
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by pocohantas(f): 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2023
SmartPolician:

She should go and prove it in court.

Do you know what it means to have sugar in tin tomatoes?

What is sugar doing in a tomato paste company?

As far as I am concerned, that lady was only catching cruise. So, she never saw this coming. She obviously belongs to those "Come and beat me; I dey my house" crew. Now, she's getting what she deserves.

There are people who are observed with what they will post online every day just to stay relevant because they feed on clout chasing. It's okay if they chose to live that of lifestyle, but not at the detriment of another man's efforts, resources and time.

Yes, I know what it means. Some of then actually contain sugar or a sweetener. I don't use them.

I don't know why Nigerian brands and businesses are so allergic to reviews. Some of our partners are into FMCG and I see the length they go to state the contents and allergens. There was one that even withdrew a product from the market because customers said the packaging is "hazardous". Reviews are allowed. Counter them professionally.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Nlandmodesfku: 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2023
Tyranny strives in a lawless society.

Try this nonsense in the UK, that stupid company of fake goods would've folded up the same day. Nobody will buy anything from them again

5 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by osuofia2(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
My Igbo brothers are making a lot of enemies for themselves this days
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Olat4421: 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
I think she should Ave not bring someone product to d social media to spoil it knowing dat is dere source of income. D least she can do is to call deir customer and complain and if it keep reoccurring den she can raise d alarm. Or if she found something dead or poisonous on it
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by youngrichnigga: 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
This lady should just sue their (Erisco) ass as soon as released for dual damages from their substandard product as well as the illegal detention that followed for airing her opinion on their product .
Nice cash out awaits undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by seborrhic: 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
These ones just kicked themselves in the foot!
What horrendous action have they taken!
These action will cost them millions,if not billions.Infact,the head of it's PR office should be the one they should sack,get arrested and prosecuted for possibly costing them billions and irreparable damage to their company.
I,for one,won't even go near erisco tomato again,even though never used their products.
If this arrest now goes viral on social media,they may end up being the ones to start begging the lady with millions!
This arrest is f oolishness of the highest order!!

10 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by wittywriter: 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2023
NaMe4:
What's this rubbish about harassing and intimidating consumers who make reviews about products?

No be only erisco.

Nlandmodesfku:
Tyranny strives in a lawless society.

Try this nonsense in the UK, that stupid company of fake goods would've folded up the same day. Nobody will buy anything from them again

Wittyness
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by cjudy(m): 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2023
waledeji:
Seun mynd44 rule 2
Only you Dey follow all the whole women for Nairaland, how old are you?
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Menclothing: 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2023
Letā€™s protect foods made in Nigeria
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Gamesmart: 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2023
The tyranny of using Nigerian Police and the band of daft quacks called DSS to terrorise Nigerians in the name of libel/slander continues.

Libel/slander should be a civil issue that has nothing to do with security, hence nothing to do with any security outfit. But the crooked black monkeys voted into NASS put up this law of arrest to protect themselves of being accused of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Dougad: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2023
SmartPolician:
I love this. Companies and government agencies must step up their games in monitoring what people post online.

You cannot be destroying the image that brands invested time, efforts and resources to build in the name of cruise.

Wrongdoings must have consequences in Nigeria.

You're a complete fool. Your stupidity no get part 2 cod even village people know say you no get fucking right to arrest anyone cos they reviewed a product she bought with her money.

You frustrated brainless APC fools are always in the media crying for authoritarianism. I laugh your empty skull

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by okoroemeka(m): 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2023
NaMe4:

No be only erisco.
what review did she make?used her finger and tongue to detect level of sugar in tomato paste?with no professional laboratory test?the company is right to protect their image and product

1 Like

Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by simplesearch: 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2023
If she felt so, why not engage the company first and receive necessary information before coming online to discredit a well known brand. Some people find it so difficult to follow right channel in relieving their grievances, they take liberty to talk carelessly as a real big deal.
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Iamzik: 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2023
So people are still eating the poison called "Tin" tomato??

Y'all better watch what you eat
Re: Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato by Guyman01: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2023
She was not doing an unbiased review by applauding other competitors in the same post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Name Any Nigerian Dish And The Tribe It's Associated With / Abuja Based Man Downs Plate Of Rice Garnished With 'Exotic' Lizard Meat. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.