Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) (9157 Views)

How To Pray Five Times A Day / Is It Allowed To Pray Taraweeh? / Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 8:02am On Dec 29, 2011
@deols I want that ice cream! cheesy
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 8:45am On Dec 29, 2011
maclatunji:
'Atotonu' means an unnecessarily long speech. Deols no vex, na you use the word O.

well, thats my understanding of the word. u culd be right sha.
IbroSaunks:
@deols I want that ice cream! cheesy

I give it all to u grin
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 9:07am On Dec 29, 2011
i haven't received it sad sad

can one person take that much?
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2012
kiss wink

Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 13, 2012
This is a shiekh in Islam channel during question and answer, that says one cannot pray in a clothing changing room when salat time meets you there.But why?
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by goggs(m): 8:09am On Feb 14, 2012
its interesting, your photos, showing the devotion of Muslims in various places and scenarios.

the photos of open air prayers in the west ie UK, US and other parts of Europe struck me.

would non Muslims in the middle east be allowed to be openly expressive of their religious obligations? the obvious answer to this question dampens the warm feeling effect of your photos.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by emofine2(f): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2012
The pictures are quite inspiring. This has given me an idea for my latest project.

goggs:
would non Muslims in the middle east be allowed to be openly expressive of their religious obligations?

hmmm undecided
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by LagosShia: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
goggs:

would non Muslims in the middle east be allowed to be openly expressive of their religious obligations?

yes,they are allowed to pray (with the exception of one country only).those muslims you see praying in the streets is lack of space in the mosques that send them to the streets.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2012
goggs:

its interesting, your photos, showing the devotion of Muslims in various places and scenarios.

the photos of open air prayers in the west ie UK, US and other parts of Europe struck me.

would non Muslims in the middle east be allowed to be openly expressive of their religious obligations? the obvious answer to this question dampens the warm feeling effect of your photos.

you call the answers obvious but i doubt that what i av in mind is same as what you do. truth of the matter is, there is so much bias in what the media tells you and a considerable number of people of other faiths reside in these middle east countries. Ask the diplomats you know and they may have something true to tell you.

lemme give u an example. there was a day I saw a CNN report on Sudan. it was in 2007(not exactly sure) and d report was on how fortunate anyone in the north was to have tasted ice cream. i was surprised at that. But I assure you, CNN was deliberately giving you an impression of Sudan. In 2010, while CNN would report on the referrendum in Sudan, they showed a very beautiful part of the country, expressing how much the north was very developed at the expense of the south. . .I bet I'v said enoff.

the same CNN was quick to report boko haram matters and wouldnt give #occupyNigeria the desired coverage.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 8:18pm On Feb 14, 2012
uplawal:

This is a shiekh in Islam channel during question and answer, that says one cannot pray in a clothing changing room when salat time meets you there.But why?

to the best of my knowledge, nothing stops anyone from praying in a dressing room. Maybe something that has to do with the use of mirrors?. anyone claiming that to be haram would have to give us proofs. the following hadith says it all-

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "I was given five that were not given to anyone before me." Among these five, he mentioned the earth. He said, "The earth has been made for me [and for my Ummah] as a masjid [place for worship] and a pureness [place for tayammum (dry ablution)]; therefore, anyone of my Ummah can pray whenever the time of Prayer is due." (Al-Bukhari)
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by goggs(m): 9:19pm On Feb 14, 2012
LagosShia:

yes,they are allowed to pray (with the exception of one country only).those muslims you see praying in the streets is lack of space in the mosques that send them to the streets.

Which country is that? And why?
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by brentkruge: 10:19pm On Feb 14, 2012
LagosShia:

deols:

you call the answers obvious but i doubt that what i av in mind is same as what you do. truth of the matter is, there is so much bias in what the media tells you and a considerable number of people of other faiths reside in these middle east countries. Ask the diplomats you know and they may have something true to tell you.

Say the truth my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iran

The continuous presence of the country's pre-Islamic, non-Muslim communities, such as Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians, had accustomed the population to the participation of non-Muslims in society; however, g[b]overnment actions continue to create a threatening atmosphere for some religious minorities[/b]

Members of evangelical congregations have been required to carry membership cards, photocopies of which must be provided to the authorities. Worshipers are subject to id checks by authorities posted outside congregation centers. Meetings for evangelical services have been restricted by the authorities to Sundays, and church officials have been ordered to inform the Ministry of Information and Islamic Guidance before admitting new members.

As of 2006, there were indications that members of all religious minorities are emigrating at a higher rate than previously

Although the Constitution states that "the investigation of individuals’ beliefs is forbidden" and that "no one may be molested or taken to task simply for holding a certain belief,"[3] the adherents of religions not specifically protected under the Constitution do not enjoy freedom of activity.

The legal system discriminates against religious minorities

Religious activity is monitored closely by the Ministry of Islamic Culture and Guidance and by the Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS). Adherents of recognized religious minorities are not required to register individually with the Government; however, their community, religious, and cultural events and organizations, including schools, are monitored closely. Registration of Bahá'ís is a police function. Evangelical Christian groups have been pressured by government authorities to compile and submit membership lists for their congregations, but evangelicals have resisted this demand. Non-Muslim owners of grocery shops are required to indicate their religious affiliation on the fronts of their shops.
Members of religious minorities, including Sunni Muslims, have been prevented from serving in the judiciary and security services and from becoming public school principals. Applicants for public sector employment were screened for their adherence to and knowledge of Islam, a[b]lthough members of religious minorities could serve in lower ranks of government employment, with the exception of Baha'is and Sunni Muslims.[/b]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_religion_in_Iran

Saudi Arabia

Religious freedom is virtually non-existent. The Government does not provide legal recognition or protection for freedom of religion, and it is severely restricted in practice. As a matter of policy, the Government guarantees and protects the right to private worship for all, including non-Muslims who gather in homes for religious practice; however, this right is not always respected in practice and is not defined in law.[5] Moreover, the public practice of non-Muslim religions is prohibited.[2] The Saudi Mutaween (Arabic: مطوعين), or Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (i.e., the religious police) enforces the prohibition on the public practice of non-Muslim religions. Sharia Law applies to all people inside Saudi Arabia, regardless of religion.

Under Saudi law conversion by a Muslim to another religion is considered apostasy, a crime punishable by death

Those detained for non-Muslim worship almost always are deported by authorities after sometimes lengthy periods of arrest during investigation. In some cases, they also are sentenced to receive lashes prior to deportation

Proselytizing by non-Muslims, including the distribution of non-Muslim religious materials such as Bibles, is illegal. Muslims or non-Muslims wearing religious symbols of any kind in public risk confrontation with the Mutawwa'in. Under the auspices of the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, approximately 50 "Call and Guidance" centers employing approximately 500 persons work to convert foreigners to Islam [WHAT IRONY?]  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Members of the Shi’a minority are the subjects of officially sanctioned political and economic discrimination. The authorities permit the celebration of the Shi’a holiday of Ashura in the eastern province city of Qatif, provided that the celebrants do not undertake large, public marches or engage in self-flagellation (a traditional Shi’a practice). The celebrations are monitored by the police. No other Ashura celebrations are permitted in the country, and many Shi’a travel to Qatif or to Bahrain to participate in Ashura celebrations. T[b]he Government continued to enforce other restrictions on the Shi’a community, such as banning Shi’a books[/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_religion_in_Saudi_Arabia

Egypt

Freedom of belief and worship are formally recognized by the Egyptian Constitution, but are effectively limited by government intervention and sectarian conflict.[37] Some aspects of the country’s laws are heavily biased in favor of Islam and against religious minorities

Individual adherents of minority religions also face frequent discrimination by government officials, who often deny them identity cards, birth certificates and marriage licenses. Authorities often fail to sanction individuals involved in carrying out attacks against members of minority faiths, relying instead on non-judicial procedures in order to avoid offending the Muslim majority.[37] The government also discriminates against Islamic religious minority groups, most notably Shi’a Muslims. Shi’as face open official discrimination, including being barred from admission to Al-Azhar University

Until recently, Christians were required to obtain presidential approval for even minor repairs in churches. Although the law was eased in 2005 by handing down the authority of approval to the governors, Copts continue to face many obstacles in building new churches. These obstacles are not as much in building mosques
Bahá'ís in Egypt, whose population is estimated to be around two thousand persons,[18] have long been persecuted, having their institutions and community activities banned. Since their faith is not officially recognized by the state, they were not allowed to use it on their national identity cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Egypt

Bahrain

he Government continued to exert a level of control and to monitor both Sunni and Shi'a Muslims, and there continued to be government discrimination against Shi'a Muslims in certain fields. [b]Members of other religious groups who practice their faith privately do so without interference from the Government. [/b]Criticism of the Sunni-controlled Government's rule and its perceived unequal treatment of the Shi'a majority population by elements of the Shi'a, and incidents between the Government and Shia, have become significantly worse during the 2011 Arab Spring and uprisings by Shi'a.

Gentlemen, let us be frank that the freedoms Muslim enjoy in the west are not reciprocated. Even among Muslims: Shia dominated countries brutally repress Sunnis, and Sunnis do the Shia's not to talk of Bahais, Druze etc.

Pray O Muslims. Enjoy the freedoms in other countries. Just remember that the principles of humanity DEMANDS you extend the SAME freedoms to other faiths in YOUR countries.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 10:23pm On Feb 14, 2012
^^how reliable are your sources.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by tiarabubu: 10:56pm On Feb 14, 2012
deols:

^^how reliable are your sources.

grin grin
living in denial? wake up sis!

everyone who cares to enquire knows this.

Ask Shias if Saudi or Bahrain authorities treat them right, ask Sunnis if Iran regard them as equals. Not to talk of Hindu, Christians, Baha'i, etc in those countries.

anyway back to the thread.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 9:53am On Feb 15, 2012
tiarabubu:

grin grin
living in denial? wake up sis!

everyone who cares to enquire knows this.

Ask Shias if Saudi or Bahrain authorities treat them right, ask Sunnis if Iran regard them as equals. Not to talk of Hindu, Christians, Baha'i, etc in those countries.

anyway back to the thread.

asking for d validity of a source means living in denial??
Such cases as u listed above exist, i know. They could be isolated ones from which generalised judgements are based. My point is they are not as bad as the media makes them. It is up to you to decide what you believe. If you have been at d receiving end of a gossip, u'd know what that feels like-am a witness to some of such lies.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by tiarabubu: 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2012
deols:

asking for d validity of a source means living in denial??
Such cases as u listed above exist, i know. They could be isolated ones from which generalised judgements are based. My point is they are not as bad as the media makes them. It is up to you to decide what you believe. If you have been at d receiving end of a gossip, u'd know what that feels like-am a witness to some of such lies.

the post came with links nah! undecided undecided undecided undecided

abi you no know Wikipedia again
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by emofine2(f): 12:41pm On Feb 16, 2012
During the Egyptian Revolution when the soldiers were surrounding the protesters, it was the Christians that formed a ring of wall around the Muslims when it was time for them to pray.

This is a very touching and powerful image.

Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by Sweetnecta: 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2012
Omo emofine yi, kini excuse iwo lati ma di muslim?
then we shall talk about salat the highest form of 'prayers'.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 10:08pm On Feb 16, 2012
tiarabubu:

dont tell me u donno that wikipedia isnt reliable. anyone can go ahead and edit everything on it. thank me later cheesy

emöfine:

During the Egyptian Revolution when the soldiers were surrounding the protesters, it was the Christians that formed a ring of wall around the Muslims when it was time for them to pray.

This is a very touching and powerful image.

its a good thing if thats what actually happened, and very amiable too. But you shld know that the rules of engagement in Islam involves that whille a group prays, the others watch over them. Therefore, the people holding hands are not necessarily christians. They coud be Muslims aware of the rule. And Allah knows best.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by emofine2(f): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2012
Sweetnecta:

Sorry I don't understand embarassed Subtitles please.

But you shld know that the rules of  engagement in Islam involves that whille a group prays, the others watch over them
I had no prior knowledge to this.

deols, I was first made aware of this occurrence by a Muslim Egyptian so I researched it. Perhaps there may have been some editing but I heard the details of such news directly from an Egyptian. I didn't mean to arouse any politics by posting this picture, a part of me may have wanted to share the beauty in such harmony but I found the news as well as the image quite stirring. Furthermore I was surprised that the Muslims still honoured their prayer time in the middle of their country's revolution and I believe that is in accordance with the theme of this thread.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by maclatunji: 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2012
emöfine:

[B]Sorry I don't understand.[/B] embarassed Subtitles please.
I had no prior knowledge to this.

deols, I was first made aware of this occurrence by a Muslim Egyptian so I researched it. Perhaps there may have been some editing but I heard the details of such news directly from an Egyptian. I didn't mean to arouse any politics by posting this picture, a part of me may have wanted to share the beauty in such harmony but I found the news as well as the image quite stirring. Furthermore I was surprised that the Muslims still honoured their prayer time in the middle of their country's revolution and I believe that is in accordance with the theme of this thread.

Sweetnecta:

[B]Omo emofine yi, kini excuse iwo lati ma di muslim?
[/B]

Translation: You this Emofine Babe/Girl, what excuse do you have not to be a Muslim? Then we shall talk about salat the highest form of 'prayers'.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by Sweetnecta: 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2012
@Emofine; « #83 on: Today at 10:02:47 AM »
[QUote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on February 16, 2012, 01:52 PM

Sorry I don't understand Embarrassed Subtitles please.[/Quote]simply put why are you standing at the edge of success, without entering it after yu have taken the time to walk to it? Islam is Success and learning about it is walking towards that success. You might just take the bold step into it, otherwise the effort you have mustered to get to the edge will be naught.

Deols is correct in her statement above. Looking at the faces of those who are the link of chain around the praying crowd one will not see anything but Islam. There is no way the more in control Muslims in Egypt will leave their security in the hands of non Muslims in a state of war. Allah sets the ruling that Deols pointed to. The same argument i had the first time i saw the picture, months ago.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 19, 2012
Media and their lies.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by BetaThings: 8:57am On Feb 20, 2012
tiarabubu:

Using an example we are all familiar with, this is a quote from Wikipedia today

"Goodluck Jonathan served as Nigeria's president till April 16, 2011,when a new presidential election in Nigeria was conducted,,,"

So we can make our inferences

This is the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by BetaThings: 9:32am On Feb 20, 2012
emöfine:

That image comes from daily mail. But your quote somehow gave the impression that it was only the christians that were protecting others
From the Daily Mail
'Some Muslims have been guarding Coptic churches while Christians pray, and on Friday, Christians were guarding the mosques while Muslims prayed.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353330/Egypt-protests-Christians-join-hands-protect-Muslims-pray-Cairo-protests.html#ixzz1muP85Tp6

From Daily News

Muslims had been attacked during prayers by police, security services, and gangs of Mubarak supporters (who were mostly paid mercenaries). The Muslims, while bowing in prayer, had faced water cannons, tear gas, stones being thrown, and direct attacks. The Christian community responded by waging a campaign of protection and support.

Sunday, the Muslims returned the favor.

They surrounded Christians celebrating Mass in Cairo's central plaza, ground zero for the secular pro-democracy protests reverberating throughout the Middle East

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-02-07/news/28534863_1_muslim-countrymen-muslim-militants-protesters

And let us assume, without conceeding, that only christians were protecting the muslims who were praying, the action could be explained by enlightened self interest
1. Muslims are more than christians in Egypt. The christians, alone, could not stand up to the government forces. If they had allowed the muslims to be killed while praying, it would have been the end of the entire protest and the christians, in turn, would have been easy pickings. No sensible person would allow a "senior" partner (by number) in a coallition to be decimated.
2.  Christians don't need to prostrate while praying 5 times daily while protesting under fire. They don't need so much protection really.
3. The muslims would have defended themselves after some attacks during prayer sessions, if the christians had not done so, by taking turns to pray
4. While facing a common enemy, those people would have cast aside whatever differences they might have
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by tiarabubu: 10:45pm On Feb 29, 2012
BetaThings:

Using an example we are all familiar with, this is a quote from Wikipedia today

"Goodluck Jonathan served as Nigeria's president till April 16, 2011,when a new presidential election in Nigeria was conducted,,,"

So we can make our inferences

This is the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria

It just wasnt updated. Check again.

Come o, some of your guys use it , how come its good for them and not good now? undecided
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
^^and that some people use it makes it right?? how old are u sef. simple reasoning is all that takes for G's sake. some of u just keep arguing for arguing sake
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by tiarabubu: 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2012
deols:

^^and that some people use it makes it right?? how old are u sef. simple reasoning is all that takes for G's sake. some of u just keep arguing for arguing sake

Attacking the source are yah?

When it suits you, it ok, when others use it, its unreliable.  You are funny. Try something else.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by maclatunji: 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2012
tiarabubu:

Attacking the source are yah?

When it suits you, it ok, when others use it, its unreliable.  You are funny. Try something else.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Truth is this, a large part of the information on Wikipedia is actually reliable but there are many instances where the information is falsified or unreliable. It is what makes Wikipedia tick that is also its major problem. However, the site's administrators do try to improve on its reliability all the time. Hence, it is advisable to crosscheck info you are not sure of from Wikipedia with other sources.

tiarabubu sounds female, are you?
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by sino(m): 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2012
Looking through these pictures,walahi no one has an excuse not to pray, may Allah assist us and make the deen easy for us amin.
Jazaks sis deols they are really inspiring.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
^ wa iyaka @ bros Sino smiley
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 8:09pm On May 01, 2012
oops!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! / How To Calculate Time For Each Daily Solat / Come And See jihad For What It Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.