Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) (9158 Views)

How To Pray Five Times A Day / Is It Allowed To Pray Taraweeh? / Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2011
deols:

i wldnt c dat as compliment
of course u dont have to. In fact the compliment was for tunji who was very very very objective and precise.

We shd be able to distinguish between overzealousness and genuine worship.

The same overzealous is making boko haram destroy Nigeria in the course of 'fighting' for Allah.

I wonder if u are on official assignment, in the plane or in a meeting, whether one would leave it in order to observe prayers to a God 'who doesnt' understand our plight
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2011
IbroSaunks:

wait, how's the person going to know the direction to the qiblah? can't he just wait till he gets up and observe solah then?

there are many ways nowadays. If you av a good knowledge of geography, u may not av a problem. In  our part of the world, we face the east. once u recognise dat, no qualms. There is also d use of compass, not all are reliable though.

The prophet is aware  we might find our selves in such situations as this that he said-“Whatever is between the east and the west is the qiblah.”   this is to show that u dont av to get it perfectly. if u are unaware of the direction, you can pray.

Also, the prophet used to pray during his journies on his mount. He would turn the ride to face the Qiblah and then ride on, wherever the mount faced thereafter wasnt a problem. He did this during his involuntary prayers.

finally, a hadith
"Once, when we were with the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) on an expedition,
the sky was cloudy, so we tried to find the Qibla but we differed, so each one of us prayed in a
different direction, and each of us drew marks in front of him in order to mark our positions. In the
morning, we looked at it and found that we had not prayed towards the Qiblah. So we mentioned
this to the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) [but he did not order us to repeat (the prayer)] and
he said: Your prayer was sufficient."
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2011
there should be an *applause* emoticon!

IbroSaunks:

btw, where do u get all this cool islamic stuff?

where do u get 'em??
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2011
IbroSaunks:

there should be an *applause* emoticon!

where do u get 'em??

I like some pages on FB and when they share really nice stuffs that I thnk we might all benefit from, I share. but most of the things I av posted here, I write. I read Islamic texts and rephrase them sometimes. I also have my ustadhs whom I learn a lot from. For all, I say mashaAllah.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 5:08pm On Dec 27, 2011
cool! can you tell me the names of these pages?
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 5:26pm On Dec 27, 2011
first, have this-http://www.islamhouse.com/p/306370 and tell me what changed about your prayer after reading it. there are other books you can download from the website, www.islamhouse.com.

now the pages.

http://www.facebook.com/Muslimss
http://www.facebook.com/IslamicTeachingsForWomen
http://www.facebook.com/i21century
http://www.facebook.com/MuslimMatters
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by maclatunji: 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2011
toba:

of course u dont have to. In fact the compliment was for tunji who was very very very objective and precise.

We shd be able to distinguish between overzealousness and genuine worship.

The same overzealous is making boko haram destroy Nigeria in the course of 'fighting' for Allah.

I wonder if u are on official assignment, in the plane or in a meeting, whether one would leave it in order to observe prayers to a God 'who doesnt' understand our plight

Pardon?

Good work Deols! However, I must say that we should refrain from turning Salat into some sort of photo opportunity. As someone with some journalistic experience, I know photos are important but there is something wrong when a Muslim or group of Muslims start thinking of how the picture of them praying on Mount Everest would look (for example) whilst on Salat. An unnecessary distraction I says (I like to play with English).

I am not condemning these photos, but if the people (particularly the single ones) knew that their photos would be taken whilst on Salat, I think there is something wrong there because their concentration would be diverted.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2011
I read sifat-ul-salat(or is it another salat book by al-albanee?) a long time ago (when I was serious), I could always read it again though
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2011
im enjoying this.

Meaning some muslims actually think outside the box like we christians? shocked shocked shocked

when we are being critical of our views objectively, then religion wouldnt cause too many problems for us in the world as it currently does
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2011
toba:

im enjoying this.

Meaning some muslims actually think outside the box like we christians? shocked shocked shocked

when we are being critical of our views objectively, then religion wouldnt cause too many problems for us in the world as it currently does
no offense, but i think that's racist offensive!!
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
@maclatunji ahhh, see where you took it shocked shocked
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2011
IbroSaunks:

no offense, but i think that's racist!!
if not that u are my friend and a like a younger brother, i would have unleashed terror/bomb on u.

U need to go check this site dicreference.com for the meaning of racist. Dont just use words u know nothing about

cheesy
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2011
I know about the word, I found the part I "bolded" to be offensive towards Muslims. iv changed it from racist to offensive.

I'm like a younger brother? Awww grin
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by maclatunji: 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2011
IbroSaunks:

@maclatunji ahhh, see where you took it shocked shocked

What I said in my last post is one of the first things that crossed my mind when I saw the underwater photo. The environment is not really the most conducive- OK, you can pray virtually anywhere that is clean but if that guy knew his photo was being taken as he was praying I am sure he would have been thinking: "This is so cool, I am praying under water and my photo is being taken." It is normal human nature to think like that and it really detracts from the quality of Ibadat. I am not just trying to say this to prove smart- it is really what I think.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2011
ok, true. But then, it is the duty of a muslim to bring himself back to the salat. Even when above water, all sorts of distractions reduce our level of khushoo(concentration) during salah naturally. The shaytan attempts to distract us. Phones may ring, etc etc. The point is, distractions during salat are unavoidable. The onus is on the true worshipper to try his/her best to refocus on the salat after being momentarily distracted.

In the end, all that matters is the message the photo passes. We have no reason to neglect salat. I hope the person praying underwater wasn't distracted when his picture was being taken. cheesy
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by maclatunji: 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2011
^You are one mighty smart brother, may Allah bless you with more knowledge.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2011
amin. may Allah bless all of us with knowledge of our deen, and make us better muslims.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 12:24am On Dec 28, 2011
I don't see myself as smart though.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2011
@Ibrosaunks, concerning the sifatus-solatunNabiy, nice uv read it. I read it again and again and recommend it at every opportunity i get. I hope u find the FB pages useful smiley
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2011
yeah they are ok. I recommend this one in return:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Yasmin-Mogahed/8612484

Jazakumullahu khayran
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2011
IbroSaunks:

ok, true. But then, it is the duty of a muslim to bring himself back to the salat. Even when above water, all sorts of distractions reduce our level of khushoo(concentration) during salah naturally. The shaytan attempts to distract us. Phones may ring, etc etc. The point is, distractions during salat are unavoidable. The onus is on the true worshipper to try his/her best to refocus on the salat after being momentarily distracted.

In the end, all that matters is the message the photo passes. We have no reason to neglect salat. I hope the person praying underwater wasn't distracted when his picture was being taken. cheesy

I like ds mashaAllah. added to it is d possibility of odas who might av bn awed by seeing the practices take d pictures. for example is the pictures of those praying in a plane. many pple stood around to watch what they most probably never saw. If such pple take d picture, post it on Fb it becomes one for all.

I for example like to record very unusual moment . If i find myself praying under d sea, I would want it documented and dat doesnt change d fact dat I'd av said d solaat . If by chance I even add d intention of inspiring others by it, I get multiple rewards.

Point of my atotonu, not every thing is either white or black. there are always shades of grey to everything.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
IbroSaunks:

I don't see myself as smart though.

Hmmn! i know its part of our deen to be humble. But this kinda thoughts av an effect on self esteem. You may not be the smartest person in d world But u sure are smart. You have to believe that in order to do smart things or else u'd be thinking those things arent meant for you wink

IbroSaunks:

yeah they are ok. I recommend this one in return:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Yasmin-Mogahed/8612484

Jazakumullahu khayran

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2011
And you are very very smart too! you and maclatunji! You guys are really good, i pray Allah blesses me like u guys!
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by maclatunji: 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2011
@deols, the word 'Atotonu' has me laughing.
IbroSaunks:

And you are very very smart too! you and maclatunji! You guys are really good, i pray Allah blesses me like u guys!

Thank you for the compliment! May Allah bless all of us. I think this thread has a good spirit. We have observed, disagreed, agreed and acknowledged positive things about the topic and each other.

I think there is a trait in human beings to think that if they compliment or acknowledge the good things in others, they are losing or will lose something. It is one of the reasons that there is so much bitterness on this forum amongst people. I learnt to appreciate the good things in others at an early age. The problem comes when I criticise people and they start to think that the criticism is inspired by hate. That may be true for most people but for me -nay!
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2011
maclatunji:

@deols, the word[b] 'Atotonu'[/b] has me laughing.
Thank you for the compliment! May Allah bless all of us. I think this thread has a good spirit. We have observed, disagreed, agreed and acknowledged positive things about the topic and each other.

I think there is a trait in human beings to think that if they compliment or acknowledge the good things in others, they are losing or will lose something. It is one of the reasons that there is so much bitterness on this forum amongst people. I learnt to appreciate the good things in others at an early age. The problem comes when I criticise people and they start to think that the criticism is inspired by hate. That may be true for most people but for me -nay!
yeah what does the word mean??
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 6:50am On Dec 29, 2011
Atotonu is a yoruba word. i donno how best to translate it into english. it means talk ,wv emphasis.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 7:06am On Dec 29, 2011
your trying to say atenumo ? Omo yoruba naa lemi !!
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 7:22am On Dec 29, 2011
no. atenumo is different from atotonu. I mean u use atotonu when u want to emphasise d word talk. I could av used oro or soro but i preffered atotonu to emphasise my action.

omo yoruba ju omo yoruba lo o. .lol. u'r from where exactly.
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 7:40am On Dec 29, 2011
noted! my yoruba is ajebota yoruba embarassed , oyo
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by deols(f): 7:45am On Dec 29, 2011
hmmn. i am d aje paki type grin grin
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by IbroSaunks(m): 7:53am On Dec 29, 2011
its my yoruba that's ajebota, every other thing is the opposite! grin
Re: You Have No Excuse Not To Pray(pictures) by maclatunji: 7:59am On Dec 29, 2011
'Atotonu' means an unnecessarily long speech. Deols no vex, na you use the word O.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Come And See jihad For What It Is / How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? / When Was Hajj Made Compulsory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.