Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home (23495 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / Japa: Nigerians Lament As Canada Suspends Visa Operations In Abuja / UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by tctrills: 5:23am On Sep 26, 2023
Oluseglon:

Doesn’t equate to forex. People use different exchange platform to send money to their local accounts back home. We maintain our foreign account. Sell what we need to use back home and wire directly into Nigerian account and dispense using bank apps, internet banking etc
It still amounts to forex no matter the exchange platform you use because at the end of the day, your foreign currency is exchanged for Naira.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by iamtardey: 5:37am On Sep 26, 2023
Solsix:
This will be a major source of forex to Nigeria and other African countries. If we don't have anything to export,let's export our professionals. They will always come back and invest
📌
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:45am On Sep 26, 2023
Oluseglon:

Doesn’t equate to forex. People use different exchange platform to send money to their local accounts back home. We maintain our foreign account. Sell what we need to use back home and wire directly into Nigerian account and dispense using bank apps, internet banking etc

Don't generalize what you do as what everyone does.

Many of us directly send dollars to Nigeria, either directly into domicillary accounts or for pickup, and both are withdrawn as dollars by relatives.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by UnfairLife7(m): 5:48am On Sep 26, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

Why didn't you get yours..?
Okay send me your account details
Which state do you hail from, at least make I know if you be my sister since na siblings wire transfer?
I am from Ogun state but my only sister (Ada) is married to an orlu man from Imo state (over 12 yrs marriage). Would you consider me as per in-law?

1 Like

Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by viceddy95(m): 6:09am On Sep 26, 2023
PraiseAz123:
Nice one.......

Grab this sweet ride now!
2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4×4
3.7 litre V6 Engine
First Body
Chilling AC
Very Neat Interior
Nothing to Fix
Buy and drive
GOING FOR 1.5M
PRICE IS SLIGHTLY NEGOTIABLE
Call or WhatsApp
0 9 0 1 7 7 0 9 9 5 4
Location pls?
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Dmama1991: 6:15am On Sep 26, 2023
I never receive money from abroad before and now I need to start my poultry business after flood finished my fishes last year.even government no gree who will help me even with small cash I promise I will bless someone too abeg
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Ensquare(m): 6:24am On Sep 26, 2023
Over 100 trillion is taken out of Nigeria
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by nikas77(m): 6:46am On Sep 26, 2023
Taich:
Sound Sultan, "no matter wetin do no forget Area oooo", Lemfi cashing out seriously maybe more than Cbn. My people dey try, every week, na so them they send money and goods back home, God bless you guys.
Thank you so much, this touched me ,sometimes we send money home to friends (not even family) and they don't even bother to acknowledge receipt of such only to text you after some weeks that they need more , your post makes us feel appreciated, thank you

5 Likes

Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:52am On Sep 26, 2023
Spiff20:
How do they calculate this thing sef, do they track bank statements?
e just tire Me besides na family pple e favor not nigeria
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by MartinsD12(m): 6:55am On Sep 26, 2023
ThomasGitHub:
As unemployment is high in Nigeria, many Nigerians are traveling outside the country to get job and take care of their families back home.

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/money/1555407-nigerian-sends-20-billion-home-highest-remittance-sub-saharan-africa/
Of course, see any good person here in Nigeria suffering this hardship don't need to go to hell fire again, what am I saying living in Nigeria is hell fire, for those travelling abroad is the most wonderful thing you can do for yourself and your family
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by olarent: 7:09am On Sep 26, 2023
You are much more appreciated, never look at people when you does that,do it for human sake of ur feeling and moved on.I pray i join you people soon but have not taken a step i dont like seeing people suffering.
nikas77:
Thank you so much, this touched me ,sometimes we send money home to friends (not even family) and they don't even bother to acknowledge receipt of such only to text you after some weeks that they need more , your post makes us feel appreciated, thank you
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Nobodyany1: 7:10am On Sep 26, 2023
Boss please help me too. I'm from Imo state but currently in the north searching for greener pastures but it hasn't been coming forth. Please help me. Anything will go a long way.
APOPTOSIS:

Considered too.
Upload your details, but please never never never reveal the sender....you should only screenshot & blind the POS sender's name & details...as well as bank transaction ID.
Thanks
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by femijay8271(m): 7:25am On Sep 26, 2023
Creamz:
We should try to send as much as we can to help those back home. Friends and family. Not just family members alone but also friends because a lot of Nigerians are having a hard time this period.

Na only ur head correct jare

1 Like

Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Nairas2dollars: 7:26am On Sep 26, 2023
Preeqahantas:

I am a pocohantoid yesterday newspaper.
I hail from Mbaise in Imo State where bride price is designed to keep us single till death.
Honestly this Igbo bride price is high oh when compared to hausa and Yoruba. Let's talk about it here on nairaland!
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by phemmyfour: 7:59am On Sep 26, 2023
Solsix:
This will be a major source of forex to Nigeria and other African countries. If we don't have anything to export,let's export our professionals. They will always come back and invest
It's not a source. Most times, they sent naira home.
They won't come back, you can't invest on zeros, it will crumble
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Fearyourcreator: 8:20am On Sep 26, 2023
Zupay:
And some people dey angry say Nigerians dey japa, make I dey Nigeria dey do wetin? If you wan stay, stay.
If you wan go go
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Kwara1stson: 8:21am On Sep 26, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

Considered too.
Upload your details, but please never never never reveal the sender....you should only screenshot & blind the POS sender's name & details...as well as bank transaction ID.
Thanks
0060574626 access bank
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by APOPTOSIS: 8:29am On Sep 26, 2023
Preeqahantas:

I am a pocohantoid yesterday newspaper.
I hail from Mbaise in Imo State where bride price is designed to keep us single till death.
Still waiting for your details I requested earlier..
... including that of @Monaboo
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Heybeedee(m): 8:47am On Sep 26, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

Still waiting for your details I requested earlier..
... including that of @Monaboo
It is well
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by bonnyhope: 8:59am On Sep 26, 2023
Preeqahantas:
I no receive one naira inside

Do you have anyone abroad?

Or you want to reap where you did not sow
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Bankowner: 9:38am On Sep 26, 2023
Money sent for investments and to better the lives of people back home, and CBN says they are responsible for the free fall of the naira.

Oga o!
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Drone95(m): 9:45am On Sep 26, 2023
May God bless the folks giving back to families and friends back home. Although I have few friends overseas but I don't like disturbing them for money, but some will just request for account details and send money. I pray we too join u soon
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by foleskay(m): 9:49am On Sep 26, 2023
Abeg mk Nigerians at home and diaspora help me. Been starving since yesterday. No money for food..being owed three months salary at work. Abeg any amount will go a long way rt now. Pls. 90..26...98..43..50. Opay. Thanks!.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by mmsen: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2023
21st century slavery. Have children just so they can send you money from abroad.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Kay25(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2023
GreyLaw:
Of course! I personally know the millions I send.
Peleee
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Kay25(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2023
That's what is keeping the country to float
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2023
God bless my abroad ppl if not ehh..
Person earning no dey reach expenses again 4 this country
God help us ooo
Japa on my mind
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Mosba: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2023
Someone close to me received 200k last two week and it was a saving grace. More blessings to me and japa people, may God make japa easier for us no matter the efforts of those who want us to remain under the grip of their slavery network.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Afedotcom(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2023
ENaira still dey exist? We are not serious.. angry
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by rapheal5(m): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2023
It's a pity for we wey no get family abroad, even dem egbon adugbo wey we knw for uk bragging about how dey make 4 to 5m naira monthly find it difficult to show people love....May God help us all..
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Sweetvie: 11:25am On Sep 26, 2023
Preeqahantas:
I no receive one naira inside
Lol
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 11:43am On Sep 26, 2023
Solsix:
How? cos money gets sent direct to banks and the 3rd party retains the Forx abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

French Embassy In Lagos Sells Visas To The Highest Bidders? / Scotland! / Photo: Young Nigerian Medical Doctor Missing In Texas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.