Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,364 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home (23601 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / Japa: Nigerians Lament As Canada Suspends Visa Operations In Abuja / UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 11:47am On Sep 26, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Don't generalize what you do as what everyone does.

Many of us directly send dollars to Nigeria, either directly into domicillary accounts or for pickup, and both are withdrawn as dollars by relatives.
This is for when you aint got the means, I think we have past that stage now, why go fru that stress, when you can send the money direct to your bank in local currency then disperse in small quantity to whom you need to send to, No drama, however if you send it in one lump sum and ask one person to disburse to multiple receivers nah there story go enter
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 11:50am On Sep 26, 2023
tctrills:

It still amounts to forex no matter the exchange platform you use because at the end of the day, your foreign currency is exchanged for Naira.
xtchanged and kept abroad.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 11:51am On Sep 26, 2023
todugo:

How will we now develope the country, especially in the area of Human capital ? Who will now take care of urgent issues that needs professional skills in the service sectors of our economy ? Example: Medical professionals .

people in Nigeria will, not everyone wan japa
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2023
Spiff20:
How do they calculate this thing sef, do they track bank statements?
Data sent in by remittance companies.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by ufotunang: 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2023
Solsix:
This will be a major source of forex to Nigeria and other African countries. If we don't have anything to export,let's export our professionals. They will always come back and invest
. But all the dollars and foreign currencies that have been sent to nigeria since all this while....why is forex still scare in nigeria.....a dollar is 1000 naira to a dollar, pounds ...is 1300 naira to a pound
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by luluman: 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2023
ThomasGitHub:
As unemployment is high in Nigeria, many Nigerians are traveling outside the country to get job and take care of their families back home.

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/money/1555407-nigerian-sends-20-billion-home-highest-remittance-sub-saharan-africa/
Yet some bad belle want to discourage us from japaing
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by tctrills: 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2023
erico2k2:

xtchanged and kept abroad.
That's not how it works. So long as that money is converted to Naira, it's 100% forex.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Solsix(m): 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2023
todugo:

How will we now develope the country, especially in the area of Human capital ? Who will now take care of urgent issues that needs professional skills in the service sectors of our economy ? Example: Medical professionals .

Indians and even Chinese are the major expoters of professionals. Read about how they developed
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Solsix(m): 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2023
Oluseglon:

Doesn’t equate to forex. People use different exchange platform to send money to their local accounts back home. We maintain our foreign account. Sell what we need to use back home and wire directly into Nigerian account and dispense using bank apps, internet banking etc
U don't understand the mechanics involved in foreign remittance. It's a big source of forex that no nation tries to play with. Recall there a time emefiele was giving them incentives on remittance.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2023
tctrills:

That's not how it works. So long as that money is converted to Naira, it's 100% forex.
So you who has sent Zero forex to 9ja is telling me who has been sending ££££ to Nigeria B4 the time of Internet and for the past 23 years how it works right? Look young man respect yourself!
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2023
ufotunang:
. But all the dollars and foreign currencies that have been sent to nigeria since all this while....why is forex still scare in nigeria.....a dollar is 1000 naira to a dollar, pounds ...is 1300 naira to a pound
That has got nothing to do with Nigeria, Economy as per the value of the Naira, they are simply just saing how much those of us Abroad inject into Nigeria in different shape or form, that value quoted is even not up to 60% of the value of remittance .they did not even mention goods and services.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Chidolalar: 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

Why didn't you get yours..?
Okay send me your account details
Which state do you hail from, at least make I know if you be my sister since na siblings wire transfer?

Hello sir am from Anambra state. A graduate from unizik, awka. No tangible job in sight since I graduated. A little assistance no matter how small will be highly appreciated.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by saintrow1: 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2023
yoruba ppl are responsible for 85% of that Money. They have the highest population of people outside Nigeria.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by gforce5: 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2023
Not surprised. Nigerians in Diaspora are Nigeria's biggest lifeline after oil. Despite this, you have so many idiots on this forum and other social media platforms mocking Nigerians abroad. You see them comparing salaries with people who live in first world countries. You see them saying that Nigerian "big boys" are doing better than most people in the diaspora. If so many Nigerians are rich, why is the poverty level so high? If Nigerians are really balling, why are so many families depending on remittances from relatives abroad? How many Nigerians can even afford to travel abroad for holidays? When i say that many Nigerians are among the most deluded set of people on the planet, people would't understand.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by tctrills: 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2023
erico2k2:

So you who has sent Zero forex to 9ja is telling me who has been sending ££££ to Nigeria B4 the time of Internet and for the past 23 years how it works right? Look young man respect yourself!
This is how to know you are just an unserious kid. Do you think you are the only one living abroad? you need to grow up child.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2023
tctrills:

This is how to know you are just an unserious kid. Do you think you are the only one living abroad? you need to grow up child.
Your statement does not resemble that of those with these narratives unless you are living in one of them dead bit countries!
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Monaboo(m): 5:31pm On Sep 26, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

Give me a code for your first and last name... attached to the account.
Just first letter of your first and last names

Alright

First Name: G
Middle Name: C
Last Name: N

In that order.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by armyofone(m): 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2023
gforce5:
Not surprised. Nigerians in Diaspora are Nigeria's biggest lifeline after oil. Despite this, you have so many idiots on this forum and other social media platforms mocking Nigerians abroad. You see them comparing salaries with people who live in first world countries. You see them saying that Nigerian "big boys" are doing better than most people in the diaspora. If so many Nigerians are rich, why is the poverty level so high? If Nigerians are really balling, why are so many families depending on remittances from relatives abroad? How many Nigerians can even afford to travel abroad for holidays? When i say that many Nigerians are among the most deluded set of people on the planet, people would't understand.

I'm puzzled why money poured in is very high compared to other countries.
Why is it that many other African countries don't remit money like Nigerians ?
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by APOPTOSIS: 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2023
Monaboo:

Alright
First Name: G
Middle Name: C
Last Name: N
In that order.
Acknowledged.
Waited for you Guys but had to leave.
Pls. Remember to blind sender's details.
Only reveal screenshot of the necessary!
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2023
armyofone:

There are more Nigerians rich enough to travel, most of the other countries who fall into the bracket of economic migration cannot afford flight ticket. For example Congo
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by uzomalahot: 12:23am On Sep 27, 2023
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Nobodyany1: 1:50am On Sep 27, 2023
Boss, please help me. It hasn't been easy for me as a young man who has the sole responsibility of taking care of his aged Mom and younger siblings these period. Please boss. Anything at all will go a long way.
I can show you my certificate of origin if you wish boss.
APOPTOSIS:

Acknowledged.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by tctrills: 7:26am On Sep 27, 2023
erico2k2:

Your statement does not resemble that of those with these narratives unless you are living in one of them dead bit countries!
I guess you are an adult but you sound like a kid.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 8:18am On Sep 27, 2023
tctrills:

I guess you are an adult but you sound like a kid.
Plz do us all a favour and fvck off back to the religion section,
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by Monaboo(m): 10:43am On Sep 27, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

Acknowledged.

Woke up this morning to a beautiful message of Alert.
Apparently I didn't see it when it entered last night.

Wow...wow...wow...I am so surprised.
Thank you very much Sir..
I really appreciate
May God bless you and the works of your hands in Jesus name (Amen).

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by tctrills: 10:55am On Sep 27, 2023
erico2k2:

Plz do us all a favour and fvck off back to the religion section,
Your body is many times older than your brain. Theonly favour you need is prayer. This child wants to brag about living outside Nigeria.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 11:16am On Sep 27, 2023
tctrills:

Your body is many times older than your brain. Theonly favour you need is prayer. This child wants to brag about living outside Nigeria.
Im not bragging about living abroad I'm bragging about living in NIgeria FYI.cos abroad no one gives a tuss bout what you nah una wen una see person una pass Una go dey yab them up and down as if say them nor try
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by harkolat(m): 11:27am On Sep 27, 2023
Monaboo:

Woke up this morning to a beautiful message of Alert.
Apparently I didn't see it when it entered last night.

Wow...wow...wow...I am so surprised.
Thank you very much Sir..
I really appreciate
May God bless you and the works of your hands in Jesus name (Amen).

God bless the sender, times are hard but we will all overcome
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by tctrills: 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
erico2k2:

Im not bragging about living abroad I'm bragging about living in NIgeria FYI.cos abroad no one gives a tuss bout what you nah una wen una see person una pass Una go dey yab them up and down as if say them nor try
You started by telling me that you have been abroad for 23 years as if anyone cares. It's Clear that being abroad is your only achievement.
I only tried to educate you about forex but you chose to make this discussion about your 23 years abroad.
I have met people like you who are above learning just because the have a foreign phone number.
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by erico2k2(m): 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
tctrills:

You started by telling me that you have been abroad for 23 years as if anyone cares. It's Clear that being abroad is your only achievement.
I only tried to educate you about forex but you chose to make this discussion about your 23 years abroad.
I have met people like you who are above learning just because the have a foreign phone number.
Ok welcome back I see you now have credit now yet still don't have no clue how forex works
Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by gforce5: 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2023
That is simply because there are more Nigerians abroad than most african countries bar North Africans and Somalians. Nigeria is the most populous black nation on Earth, as such, there are Nigerians in every corner of the globe just like the Chinese and Indians. Lastly, majority of the Nigerians abroad were part of the middle class in Nigeria and as such were more educated, industrious and affluent. That is why they can afford to remit more money to their home country compared to their counterparts in other African countries.
armyofone:

Re: Japa: Nigerians Abroad Sent Over ₦‎1.5 Trillion To Their Families Back Home by tctrills: 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2023
erico2k2:

Ok welcome back I see you now have credit now yet still don't have no clue how forex works
Kid brain. Stop embarrassing yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Priest, 199 Others Escape As SAA Flight Develops Fault Midair / Photos Of Tragic Accident Along Abeokuta-shagamu Expressway / 10 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.