Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) (14985 Views)

Why Does Most Igbo Businesses Thrive In Informal And Illegal Markets / Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan / BREAKING!!! Miyetti Allah Announces Closure Of Livestock Markets In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by aklid(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2023
😂😂said illegal markets
They should’ve fine them and hand them over their goods

But still Nigerians don’t like following orders and when they are out they’ll come back and tell u the US is clean no roadside this no Roadside that
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by Calitoscassius(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2023
seborrhic:
That police officer smashing that goods table with glee,I just wonder what goes into the minds of people like that.
Even if whatever the person is doing is illegal,must you show joy in inflicting pain on another human being?
How many people can rent shops.
Even in the US,there are street traders,so it's not like with all the laws and good life over there,people still don't do street trading to survive
That is a typical Naigerian man/woman mentality. In his head he is thinking afterall the table is not mine, or the smashing of the table will not affect him or any of his families. So destroy it.

Yes, we also have street traders here in England the difference is they are regulated, which can also be done in Naigeria.

There are street traders in Mexico, China, France, Germany, Paris, New York, Spain,South Africa and ETC.
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by OGwales(m): 11:00am On Sep 26, 2023
Poor man will always to used by the rich to oppress another poor man/men.

Shame 😔
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by moderngist(m): 11:00am On Sep 26, 2023
See wickedness.as you destroy am..you happy?

Love no be by force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keS0nGrGtFw?si=7D1x40mDTWi8SgCB
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by Faposky95: 11:02am On Sep 26, 2023
Hendrixky:
Nigerians very stubborn people

They can't adhere to common and simple directives

But the same people when they get to UK, USA , Canada or any other countries they will be the one even following thier strict rules

Adhere to wat...?!
Really....?!
Where are the palliatives and structures for these low end peeps....?
We are all not the same, but Guess wat, we all eat these products.....
Isn't that something....?!
It would have gone to charity.....
The punishment awaits
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by Advancedman(m): 11:08am On Sep 26, 2023
Triton1996:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfyUDPbevJ4

Officers of the Kick Against Indiscipline (KAI) have taken deliberate efforts to eradicate illegal markets in Lagos.

On the order of the commissioner for environment, Tokunbo Wahab, the officers were seen packing food items like yams and pepper owned by Traders running illegal markets at CMD/Magodo axis.

In a video shared the commissioner’s twitter account, they were seen packing all these items into their vehicles in order to restore normalcy in the area.

It would be recalled that two days ago, the commissioner announced that LAWMA has sealed Oyingbo and Alayabiagba markets in Lagos following series of unheeded warnings.

He also mentioned that other Other markets that risk imminent shut-down for improper waste disposal and sundry environmental infractions include: Tejuosho Model Market Phase 1, Ladipo Market in Mushin, Anjorin Market, Irewolede Plank Market, Idi-Araba Obele Market, Oni Baba Market,Oba Morufu International Market, formerly known as Ejigbo Market, Ijora 7UP Market, Okeafa Plank Market, Ifelodun Fruit Market, Amukoko, among others.

SOURCE: @tokunbo_wahab

Until all street trading is permanently extinct.
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by Jostoman: 11:54am On Sep 26, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Law abiding citizen paid rent for shops and stalls at designated markets, they pay local government levy and taxes, they join association and trade union and pay

those trader also paid tax to union everyday
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by ejieddy: 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2023
The lawlessness in Nigeria is alarming. From the government to the citizens. I can almost puke. Just follow instructions. Simple. Is that hard?
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by MeineMutter: 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2023
The ‘market’ is for lazy Magodo wives and residents. They do t want to go to Ketu or Mile 12 market.
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by KayB: 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2023
If they don't patronise them frequently from the same purported high class residents they wont come back there to sell.
We like oppressing each other boasting unnecessary status
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by Shyboyk(m): 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2023
Triton1996:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfyUDPbevJ4

Officers of the Kick Against Indiscipline (KAI) have taken deliberate efforts to eradicate illegal markets in Lagos.

On the order of the commissioner for environment, Tokunbo Wahab, the officers were seen packing food items like yams and pepper owned by Traders running illegal markets at CMD/Magodo axis.

In a video shared the commissioner’s twitter account, they were seen packing all these items into their vehicles in order to restore normalcy in the area.

It would be recalled that two days ago, the commissioner announced that LAWMA has sealed Oyingbo and Alayabiagba markets in Lagos following series of unheeded warnings.

He also mentioned that other Other markets that risk imminent shut-down for improper waste disposal and sundry environmental infractions include: Tejuosho Model Market Phase 1, Ladipo Market in Mushin, Anjorin Market, Irewolede Plank Market, Idi-Araba Obele Market, Oni Baba Market,Oba Morufu International Market, formerly known as Ejigbo Market, Ijora 7UP Market, Okeafa Plank Market, Ifelodun Fruit Market, Amukoko, among others.

SOURCE: @tokunbo_wahab

Food don sure for official 😂
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by a4cube: 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2023
Igbos rent 2x2 and pay for it. Ronu people rent 1x1 along road side and pay alaye, agboro and omo nile.

Must they destroy their goods, the police man is even happy destroying it as if he will be paid extra for it.

Poor people helping the reach to destroy fellow poor masses.
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by Father4all: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2023
Why destroying people's goods when you can just instruct them to leave the area
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by planetx: 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2023
So what will happen to those big yams ?
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by wunmi590(m): 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2023
seborrhic:
That police officer smashing that goods table with glee,I just wonder what goes into the minds of people like that.
Even if whatever the person is doing is illegal,must you show joy in inflicting pain on another human being?
Even in the US,there are street traders,so it's not like with all the laws and good life over there,people still don't do street trading to survive

Some people derive joy in infliting pain on their fellow man...

This are one of the type of job I can't do, being sent by one man in the office with full air condition to go and destroy peoples good in this hard time, so that I will now use my own head to receive swear and beating...

Even prison warder too, I can't do such job, I'm too emotional...
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by seborrhic: 4:06pm On Sep 26, 2023
wunmi590:

Some people derive joy in infliting pain on their fellow man...

This are one of the type of job I can't do, being sent by one man in the office with full air condition to go and destroy peoples good in this hard time, so that I will now use my own head to receive swear and beating...

Even prison warder too, I can't do such job, I'm too emotional...
My own is that even if you have to break the table because it was the order you were given,commonsense and discretion as a human being should tell you to do it reluctantly,gently and with the look that you don't derive any pleasure in doing it.
Have some compassion because even the worst offender in this world,a murderer that is sentenced to death,when being executed,at least in the civilised world,they look for the least painful and quickest way to kill the person.
Talkless of an street trader whose only offence is trading illegally
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by Afotinu: 9:28pm On Sep 26, 2023
[quote author=Hendrixky post=126026478]Nigerians very stubborn people

They can't adhere to common and simple directives

But the same people when they get to UK, USA , Canada or any other countries they will be the one even following thier strict rules[/quote

God punish youyou, do you even know this place, this is my area, why come to this place, this people don't even disrupt traffic nor mess up that place and infact that's not KAI's jurisdiction atall, this is nonsense, you see if we're not careful in this Country, this so called KAI, Lastma, Police will cause serious havoc and when it start make I see if them go come out.
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by uzomalahot: 1:02am On Sep 27, 2023
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by Idris222: 3:53am On Sep 27, 2023
Good evening mye people KAI I want you too come to Ikorodu garege come and seeing how people block the road no body sad in noting
Re: KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 27, 2023
seborrhic:
nigerians deserves what they are getting. Stop complaining.

Tribal bigotry have rendered people in this country too daft to think and make credible decision

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Declares Free Primary, Secondary Education In Rivers / FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation / Looming Strike: Inspector-general Of Police To Address Personnel In Lagos, Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.