Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,264 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba (6071 Views)

BREAKING: Boko Haram: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri Again - Daily Post / Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri / Explosions Rocks Obio-akpor LGA Headquarters In PHC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by aljharem3: 1:42am On Oct 20, 2011
Explosions Rock Asaba

By Austin Ogwuda & Bulou Kosin

Asaba-THERE was pandemonium in Asaba, Delta State capital, yesterday, following explosions on the busy Nnebisi Road, where commercial banks are concentrated.

As a result of the explosions, bankers and bank customers ran helter-skelter. Passersby were not left out as traffic was temporary disrupted for about 30 minutes as they thought that armed robbers had struck.

When the dust settled down, three persons were arrested over the incident. The two explosions occurred within Konwea Plaza axis.

Vanguard gathered that some persons allegedly used dynamites to blow up the base of a GSM mast in the area. One of the persons involved was injured. He was arrested by policemen manning the banks in the area along with two other persons and taken to Police ‘A’ Division Asaba for questioning.

Ironically, the policemen who effected the arrest were among those who ran for cover when the dynamites went-off.

Pedestrians and motorists scampered for safety while bus drivers abandoned their buses right in the middle of the road and fled as debris rained down on the roof of banks and houses in the area.

The explosion came barely three days after the Commissioner in charge of Anti-Bomb Command, Mr. Ambrose Aisabor, led his team to Delta State on inspection tour, promising to ensure full protection of the state from bomb threats.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/pandemonium-as-explosions-rock-asaba/
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by OAM4J: 2:46am On Oct 20, 2011

Ironically, the policemen who effected the arrest were among those who ran for cover when the dynamites went-off.

Nigerian Police grin grin grin
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by jmaine: 3:03am On Oct 20, 2011
Trouble is brewing
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:07am On Oct 20, 2011
OAM4J:

Nigerian Police  grin grin grin

^^^ I can just picture it as if i was there:

**Dynamite eplodes KAGBIM!!!** Come see race, as everybody scatter comot. As one Policeman joins 'bloody civilians' to leg it for dear life, one silly fat woman (that can't seem to run fast enough angry) is blocking his route of escape, and in annoyance Olopa shouts: "abegi if you no fit run fast, comot for road make i pass". The fat woman looks behind her while still running and asks, "officer, you sef join us dey run?". To which the Olopa unashamedly responds, "b/4 nko? Abi you think say i wan die for nothing? You dis woman, e be like say you no dey hear!!? I say run faster, or comot make i pass angry angry".

Nigeria Police no dey take life play; especially when it's their own wink.
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by OAM4J: 3:24am On Oct 20, 2011
^ lol grin

Make u go dey write for nollywood grin
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by freecocoa(f): 9:41am On Oct 20, 2011
I no fit laugh abeg.
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by Osama10(m): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

**Dynamite eplodes KAGBIM!!!** Come see race, as everybody scatter comot. As one Policeman joins 'bloody civilians' to leg it for dear life, one silly fat woman (that can't seem to run fast enough angry) is blocking his route of escape, and in annoyance Olopa shouts: "abegi if you no fit run fast, comot for road make i pass". The fat woman looks behind her while still running and asks, "officer, you sef join us dey run?". To which the Olopa unashamedly responds, "b/4 nko? Abi you think say i wan die for nothing? You dis woman, e be like say you no dey hear!!? I say run faster, or comot make i pass angry angry".

grin grin grin
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by PointB: 9:49am On Oct 20, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody want to die!

Revolution ko, Demolition ni! grin grin grin
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by Beaf: 9:50am On Oct 20, 2011
See desperation! What were they blowing up a GSM mast for? Just to get the aerial? Na wa!
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by Gbenge77(m): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2011
Nigeria is becoming more insecure by the day.
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by otokx(m): 9:57am On Oct 20, 2011
but what are they blowing the mast for? or do they now want to sell the parts as scrap metal or used radios? chai
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by udochika(m): 9:59am On Oct 20, 2011
grin grin grin grin naija police.
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by Kx: 10:02am On Oct 20, 2011
Not news
Even b4 Boko Bombs, use of Dynamites to blow up Bank safes etc in the naija delta, especially by
armed robbers was very common
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by werepeLeri: 10:18am On Oct 20, 2011
Dont run for your life when you are there as a policeman.

stay there and face the dynamite because you are a police man. Some people just talk ras.

So they shouldnt mind their own safety first because they are police men?

Mtcheewww.
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by otumfour(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

I wanna stop laughing   grin grin grin, can I   angry , grin grin classic!!! Story
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by chines4(m): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2011
Asaba is turning to something else first its militants, then kidnappers and now bombers, What next
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by 2sleek2NV(m): 10:34am On Oct 20, 2011
una want make d police man use chest hold d dynamite? i bow to una o.
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 20, 2011
Wats goin on in nigeria,why bombin a mast?why bombin asaba?well,tank u Jesus for every thing.i jst left konwea plaza like an hour before the blast.
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by WackyJ1(m): 10:36am On Oct 20, 2011
So this bombing thing has gotten to Asaba? What is this country turning into. The officials in power are not willing to do anything.
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by astronp8: 10:36am On Oct 20, 2011
Here is a software that will enable you watch some selected cable TV channels across the globe on your PC. Visit http://pctv247.com to download.

Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by werepeLeri: 10:38am On Oct 20, 2011
WackyJ1:

So this bombing thing has gotten to Asaba? What is this country turning into. The officials in power are not willing to do anything.

Not sure you read the story before commenting. Why?
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by werepeLeri: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2011
chines4:

Asaba is turning to something else first its militants, then kidnappers and now bombers, What next

Where did they say it was a bomb?
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by WackyJ1(m): 10:41am On Oct 20, 2011
werepeLeri:

Not sure you read the story before commenting. Why?
i don't see what you mean
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by werepeLeri: 10:51am On Oct 20, 2011
WackyJ1:

i don't see what you mean

wHERE in the story did they say it was a bomb?
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by dannie04: 10:54am On Oct 20, 2011
so if person be policeman when bomb blow e go first jump enter go die una just they make me vex
if a policeman take cover because say na unexpected thing then he still come back arrest one of them they ironical na wa for una oo
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by redsquare(m): 11:10am On Oct 20, 2011
Seems like these Boko Haram guys are moving down south!
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by Igosun: 11:34am On Oct 20, 2011
My heart nearly cut if want ask if BH don reach Asaba ni but thank God o no be BH.
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by deltalife(m): 11:55am On Oct 20, 2011
The God that has PLANTED his blessings in Delta state still alive so no need for panicking at all.
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by Beaf: 11:59am On Oct 20, 2011
dannie04:

so if person be policeman when bomb blow e go first jump enter go die una just they make me vex
if a policeman take cover because say na unexpected thing then he still come back arrest one of them they ironical na wa for una oo

Yes, that is exactly what we want our police to do. Otherwise, the backward baboons can also drink otapiapia for "short-cut."
Doing that will help us replace the bribe sipping murafuka's with a genuine, modern and well trained force (bera still, state police).
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by Cdspencer(m): 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2011
Naija police,I dey hail ooh!
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by gascoign1(m): 12:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
Naija police 4 life, den nur dey carry last
Re: Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2011
See Nigerians displaying their foolishness here as usual.
Some people just read 'Explosion' and came to start declaring Boko Haram this and that. The story was not even so long, why then was it impossible for those calling BH to read and understand before replying?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader, Mohammed Yusuf And Pastor Ayo Oritsajafor In Picture??? / Nigeria Will Wish They Never Let Goodluck Jonathan Go! / FG, States, Lgs Record N1.1tn Shortfall In Allocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.