Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta (24078 Views)

Junkies "Rejoice" After Been Arrested By Police Anti-Cult Unit (pics/video) / Anti-Cult Group Member Arested For Raping Girl In A Church Building In Delta / Anti-cult Group Member Killed In Poly Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Esther125: 6:38am On Sep 28, 2023
Anti-Cult operatives attached to the Obiaruku Police Division in Ukwuani Local Government Area of Delta State have reportedly chased a 17-year-old boy, Sylvester Watermelon, to death.

The deceased and a friend of his had just come out from a chemist shop where they went to buy drugs when the sad incident occurred on Wednesday, .ng learnt.

It was learnt that they sighted the anti-cult operatives and ran away on a motorcycle but they were given a hot chase until they rammed into a wall and fell down unconscious.

The anti-cult operatives rushed them to the station where the said friend regained consciousness. But Sylvester Watermelon died.

The Delta State Commissioner of Police, CP Wale Abass, has reportedly ordered the immediate arrest of the anti-cult operatives.

As of the time of this report, it was gathered that the suspects are being detained at the Police Command in Asaba

Human Right Activist, Comrade Kelvin Ejumudo, in a statement, condemned the action of the anti-cult operatives.

He said, “This rascality by men of the anti-cult and vigilante groups attached to police formations need to be checked before it gets out of hand and leads to unrest in the state.

“No Nigerian youth deserves to die this way. An injury to one is an injury to all.”

The Delta State Public Relations Officer, DSP Bright Edafe, is yet to pick calls. Also, he has not replied a text message sent to him for confirmation of the report.

https://.ng/2023/09/27/police-anti-cult-operatives-chase-17-year-old-boy-to-death-in-delta/

3 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by JASONjnr(m): 6:41am On Sep 28, 2023
Say no to cultism....

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by NoahHadNoArk: 6:48am On Sep 28, 2023
Say No to police brutality and harassment

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by BigYash: 6:49am On Sep 28, 2023
Ok... The persons above said....
Say no to cultism ..1
Say No to police brutality and harassment....2

And I am saying .. Say no to bad government..3

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by NwaNimo1(m): 6:49am On Sep 28, 2023
Naija?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:49am On Sep 28, 2023
Police are same everywhere , oyinbo police will likely do the same but what make ours different is the bribe and price of bail

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by superlanny(m): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2023
I don't know how other countries do it, but Nigeria has the worst case of profiling that I have ever seen. I once heard someone say because I dress well I must be a yahoo boy, or because I smoke cigarettes I must be a cultist, in my mind I am like so I must dress dirty or unclean before I can pass as a normal citizen.

There's is zero intelligence and anyone who they think looks like a criminal automatically becomes one. Now they have pursued someone child to death.

I am sorry to say, but our mentality is archaic and it's not just the police, Nigerians do this shit too, they judge you wrongly without even knowing you.

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by obembet(f): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2023
JASONjnr:
Say no to cultism....

NoahHadNoArk:
Say No to police brutality and harassment

Both of you are correct

All we want is better Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by bolafez(m): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2023
RIP
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by BarrElChapo(m): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2023
🤔
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Nobleou(m): 6:51am On Sep 28, 2023
Why did they run if they were not cultists?

15 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by idanone(m): 6:51am On Sep 28, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by izonborn098(m): 6:52am On Sep 28, 2023
Watermelon

7 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by FireUpNow(m): 6:52am On Sep 28, 2023
What are parents doing?
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by yinkus6750(m): 6:52am On Sep 28, 2023
Don't know why the unecessary pursuit.
The guys too should have waited and avoided this unfortunate incident.
Let justice prevail.

6 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by HardBishop: 6:52am On Sep 28, 2023
Why should he run? Ahhh there's nothing like RIP. GUIlty conscience made him to lose his life. And he died miserable and fell to his own nemesis.

Be straight and clean even when you're arrested cos no evidence will be sorted out

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by EDOSBROWN: 6:54am On Sep 28, 2023
Another police brutality....

May God help Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Newyorkitis(m): 6:54am On Sep 28, 2023
On a normal level, if everything was usual, you could be arrested and released if found innocent. But, you can be arrested, found to be innocent and then found guilty.

Bottom line:
I pray for a better Nigeria.
May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by femmoy(m): 6:55am On Sep 28, 2023
angry
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:56am On Sep 28, 2023
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by TUTU147: 6:56am On Sep 28, 2023
I don't support police brutality,but why running when you are not a cultist.A clear mind fears no accusation.The evil man runenth when no man pursue him.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by AbdulAkpan: 6:57am On Sep 28, 2023
Ndi uwe oji. The problem Nigeria police have created is conditioning the minds of people to be afraid when sighted by the people. Even when you know you have not committed any crime, you have this fear in you once you see these men in uniform.

This is because of this saying, 'I no do anything, but some thousands must leave your pockets'.

12 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by FuckDModz: 6:57am On Sep 28, 2023
grin

Why run?
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by ButterBerry: 6:58am On Sep 28, 2023
This is my Area. I lived in Obinomba in Ukwani LG Area of Delta State.
There's nothing like cultism on this matter.
What the Anti cult group normally do is go after anyone with dreadlocks, once they get hold of you, you will be labelled Yahoo Boy.
And all the money in your account will be finished. Sometimes too they dress like normal guy enter Faculty Club just to monitor the highest spender in the Club. The following day they will come and pick you up.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by bewla(m): 6:58am On Sep 28, 2023
Y
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Major7: 6:58am On Sep 28, 2023
Fear is bad, they shouldn't have run. I was once at the front of my house enjoying a fresh air around 2:30am with my underwear on cos the heat was terrible,a police patrol van was passing by and they stopped to question what I was doing outside by that time I simply replied calmly without moving an inch that I'm in front of my house o. God has not given us the spirit of fear but of wisdom, boldness and sound mind cool

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Nats12(m): 7:00am On Sep 28, 2023
The law in most third world countries seems to destroy rather than correct offenders and this is partly the reason why people run whenever they come across this security guys.

I'm surprised that they took these boys to their station instead of going to hospital after the accident.

#saynotocultism
#humanityfirst

3 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 28, 2023
H
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by kennyz247(m): 7:01am On Sep 28, 2023
Lost of priority

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sales Boy Kills Madam With A Pestle For Demanding Account / 26 Suspected Cultists Killed In Rivers State / 5 Nigerians Killed In Sowutuom, Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.