Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta (24110 Views)

Junkies "Rejoice" After Been Arrested By Police Anti-Cult Unit (pics/video) / Anti-Cult Group Member Arested For Raping Girl In A Church Building In Delta / Anti-cult Group Member Killed In Poly Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Tayorshd87: 7:02am On Sep 28, 2023
Space for sale
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by egoldman(m): 7:04am On Sep 28, 2023
Why would an innocent run when he sees the police?
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 28, 2023
Nigeria police find it very hard to arrest real criminals,and they fogot that when mist children see the police they run.

This boy must have died out of shock ๐Ÿ˜ช

2 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Yvngex(m): 7:14am On Sep 28, 2023
JASONjnr:
Say no to cultism....
Stfup

2 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Babamide(m): 7:15am On Sep 28, 2023
We need to revolt in this Southern Nigeria. How come we never hear of police harassment or police brutality in the north. Always in the south. We would soon need to cage the police. What is good for the goose.....

2 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Bfly: 7:15am On Sep 28, 2023
I don't see anything the police did wrong o.
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:15am On Sep 28, 2023
JASONjnr:
Say no to cultism....

What does this one mean?

Two guys just being pursued by police till they crash and one died....so where is the cultism in the story?

2 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by dkidd: 7:18am On Sep 28, 2023
Nobleou:
Why did they run if they were not cultists?
So because they got scared and ran away they are now cultists? See how u reason like an animal. People like u are the problem of our society. Zero intelligence. Daft!!!

2 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:18am On Sep 28, 2023
Bfly:

How about arresting actual cultists during their clashes and attacks?

When the cultists are on the rampage anywhere, do we hear of police responding and making arrests?

No oooo, all we see are dead people killed by cultists.

Now, two boys coming out of a drugstore got chased till they crashed, and you didn't see what the police did wrong!

2 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by dkidd: 7:19am On Sep 28, 2023
Bfly:
No u would not until it happens to those close to u

2 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by DaveHarry(m): 7:19am On Sep 28, 2023
these anti-cult guys own too much. Some of them think dey are now force men, so dey behave anyhow they like, feeling like they are on top of the world. See d one wey I see that day, wey dey carry body like say him na army general.

1 Like

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Chiderao1(m): 7:21am On Sep 28, 2023
One cultist down... If they were not cultist why were they running
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:22am On Sep 28, 2023
Babamide:
We need to revolt in this Southern Nigeria. How come we never hear of police harassment or police brutality in the north. Always in the south. We would soon need to cage the police. What is good for the goose.....

I dey tell you!

The average northern youth may be armed with a razor-sharp dagger and high on banned stuff, yet they are never arrested at random, like we have in the south.

3 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Chiderao1(m): 7:23am On Sep 28, 2023
dkidd:

So because they got scared and ran away they are now cultists? See how u reason like an animal. People like u are the problem of our society. Zero intelligence. Daft!!!
Mumu boy can u hear yourself talk?? They got scared and ran, why other people wey tell the story no run?

1 Like

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:24am On Sep 28, 2023
Chiderao1:
One cultist down... If they were not cultist why were they running

If police suddenly shout "HOL'IT!!" and start advancing on you, wait, you hear?

Las-las, innocent or not, you'll chill in a cell while your relatives beg the legal kidnappers with over a hundred thousand Naira before you're released.

That's the most optimistic outcome sef. The poor boy could get paraded as a cultist or robber or even get killed.

Do you remember the oil worker who went for a wedding and got paraded as an "unknown gunman"?

If his niece hadn't seen his picture and raised the alarm on Social Media, that would have been the end for the guy.

2 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by dkidd: 7:25am On Sep 28, 2023
egoldman:
A teenager in a society synonymous with constant police harassment and brutality would run on sighting the police because he would not have the upper hand trying to defend himself without being thrown in cell first for bail money. U idiots just come online like u live in outer space. This is Nigeria and we all know how it works. They are kids with little experience in handling situations like these so the first instinct they get on sighting trouble is to run away.

3 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Kajaard: 7:25am On Sep 28, 2023
Watermelon? Which tribe bears watermelon?
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by VinnyBaba: 7:26am On Sep 28, 2023
Can't blame the Boys for Running Whether they are Cultists or Not. sad

There was a Day I went to Watch EPL in a Viewing Centre in Osubi axis of Warri.

When Police came to Pick up a Person in the Centre, See RACE ehn.

The PANDEMONIUM was Unreal! shocked embarassed embarassed undecided
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by linearity: 7:27am On Sep 28, 2023
Newyorkitis:
On a normal level, if everything was usual, you could be arrested and released if found innocent. But, you can be arrested, found to be innocent and then found guilty.

Bottom line:
I pray for a better Nigeria.
May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

Not true!

In Nigeria, the Police would have arrested them, then bill them, if they canโ€™t pay they will be taken to the station and thrown into jail until their friends or relatives will come and paid the bill.

Yes, they wouldnโ€™t be charged but the Police have already profiled them and would level cultism on their head in order to pressure them to pay the bill.

They understand the drill hence they ran but unfortunately they end up dead. The Policemen should be dismissed and charged with manslaughter effective immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by dkidd: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2023
Chiderao1:

Mumu boy can u hear yourself talk?? They got scared and ran, why other people wey tell the story no run?
Useless bastard. Shebi u dey there. I don't expect a daft like u to have brain to think. People that tell stories/witness killings u will still compare them to the victims. U are just a dunce with no head
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by CoolAmbience(m): 7:29am On Sep 28, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:
Say No to police brutality and harassment

This is indeed a good cause, we all must say no to brutality in any form, not just by policemen but also by civilians against themselves in the forms of bullying, lack of accountability, rascality, irresponsibility etc. When people are elected into public office and all they do is enrich themselves with our common patrimony, isn't that beyond brutality?

For me, I won't entirely call this particular occurrence police brutality. Why were the young men running upon sighting the policemen?

Should all young Nigerians start to run whenever they sight policemen? The death was as a result of their attempt to run away. Or are we saying that security operatives can't chase suspected criminals? Does this not happen all over the world? Why were the policemen arrested? I see no justification for their arrest? Why would any normal person come out from a Chemist shop and start running upon sighting security operatives? Would it not amount to negligence of duty if the policemen didn't react by chasing them?

Please, except if there are other details of the incident that we are not privy to, otherwise those officers should be released immediately.

Just two days ago, there were strong air military raids on target hideouts somewhere in Okigwe, Imo state and Orsumoghu, Anambra state that resulted in deaths. These were a direct reaction to the killing of security operatives and burning down of two trucks by hoodlums that happened in Imo state last week, should those officers that carried out the raids be arrested to? Security operatives have a job to do and we must let the do their job. By this analogy, I am only trying to establish the scientific theory of action and reaction. A run would likely lead to a chase. In this same vein, an action of heinous killing ( or confrontation against a sovereign state) would naturally attract a strong military reaction like a raid.

The simple question is why did the boys run upon seeing security operatives? Were they killed by gunshots from the policemen? We must all take the issue of abuse of hard drugs by young men seriously, and stop being overly protective of wrong and criminality. This is not to say that our security operatives are all saints, and shouldn't be called to order when they get excessive.
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by SouthSouth1914: 7:30am On Sep 28, 2023
yinkus6750:
Don't know why the unecessary pursuit.
The guys too should have waited and avoided this unfortunate incident.
Let justice prevail.

Waited to pay bail money? Itโ€™s a win win situation for the police, wait and they label you as a criminal or worse! Run and you wind up dead, accidental discharge etc! There are no checks and balances in the part of the world we live in today. You wonโ€™t feel anything until it gets to you!

95% of deaths in Nigeria can be avoided!! The Nigerian dream is a whitewash of what our security personnel in the society has become! Too much blood on the land.

2 Likes

Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by VinnyBaba: 7:31am On Sep 28, 2023
Chiderao1:

My Brother, Maybe they were Guilty.

But If Anyone See our Naija Police Officers and Pick Race, I won't blame him/her.๐Ÿ˜•

Once you Fall into their Cell, they will so Milk the Situation and Bill ur Parents N150000 or N120000,
Particularly when they discover Ur parents are NOT too educated or connected! ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Very TERRIBLE lots! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜’
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by jrusky(m): 7:32am On Sep 28, 2023
Pls why chasing him, if even he ran and escaped just declare him wanted is enough to catch him no need chasing him around.

If truly he is a cultist then it's unfortunate he died a wasteful death and I'm sorry I have no strenght to type RIP for any idiot cultist.
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Nobaga500(m): 7:33am On Sep 28, 2023
Esther125:

https://.ng/2023/09/27/police-anti-cult-operatives-chase-17-year-old-boy-to-death-in-delta/
Their is more to this news, why will they see the anticult coup and start running and after d incident, they still arrest those officer involved? The new is not detail.
They are corrupt anticult agent.
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by VinnyBaba: 7:35am On Sep 28, 2023
egoldman:

Maybe if You are Alone.๐Ÿ™‚

But If you are in Group Filled with Plenty Guys, and you see Police Hilux Van Immediately Pull up,
You BETTER Pick Race and Run Away! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜’
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by article1: 7:37am On Sep 28, 2023
Bit why did the two guys too to their heel when they cited the operatives, how can you just see police and start running when you don't have any case with them?
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Goddyrichie(m): 7:40am On Sep 28, 2023
Nobleou:
Why did they run if they were not cultists?
maybe youโ€™re not in Nigeria Nigeria police will tag them as cultist since theyโ€™re anti cultist even with no evidence no b 9ja u Dey nii
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Basher8583: 7:41am On Sep 28, 2023
superlanny:
I don't know how other countries do it, but Nigeria has the worst case of profiling that I have ever seen. I once heard someone say because I dress well I must be a yahoo boy, or because I smoke cigarettes I must be a cultist, in my mind I am like so I must dress dirty or unclean before I can pass as a normal citizen.

There's is zero intelligence and anyone who they think looks like a criminal automatically becomes one. Now they have pursued someone child to death.

I am sorry to say, but our mentality is archaic and it's not just the police, Nigerians do this shit too, they judge you wrongly without even knowing you.

Bro na you know wetin you dey do. Those guys in the police force are well trained to profile.

Na the way you respond to them go save or fail you.
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by Basher8583: 7:42am On Sep 28, 2023
obembet:

Both of you are correct

All we want is better Nigeria

Its starts with you.
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by MrsTwrite(f): 7:42am On Sep 28, 2023
sad
Re: Police Anti-Cult Operatives Chase 17-Year-Old Boy To Death In Delta by fredoooooo: 7:43am On Sep 28, 2023
BigYash:
Ok... The persons above said....
Say no to cultism ..1
Say No to police brutality and harassment....2

And I am saying .. Say no to bad government..3

Say no to bad citizen ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrests 15 Kidnappers In Kaduna / Police Dismiss Inspector Who Raped 15-year-old Girl At Gunpoint / Jilted Woman Battles Ex-lover For Duping And Refusing To Marry Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.