Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Mummies I Need Your Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mummies I Need Your Help (2544 Views)

Must See Photos From An Abuja Baby Shower With Three Gorgeous Mummies To Be / Mummies In The House Please HELP!! / ‘I Took Off My Underwear’ (A Must Read For All Ladies And Mummies-MEN Keep-Off) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mummies I Need Your Help by ToniaLee(f): 9:23am On Oct 20, 2011
Mummies in the house,i need your help please. I have an 8 months old boy who feeds well.i only give him frisogold,sma progress,breast milk and water.i tried pap but he really does not like it. i feel he needs other kind of food to help keep him more healthy.i also have a daughter who is 2 years and 4 months,that one does not eat at all and it worries me a lot.all she takes is juice,tea,peanuts and indomie. i give her multivite but its still not helping. Kindly advise me on how to make her start eating and also other food i can introduce to my 8 months old boy.

Thanks
Re: Mummies I Need Your Help by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 20, 2011
My 8months old baby eats rice- very very soft rice with no salt, beans - I pill the beans b4 cooking it, I make it very soft too with grinded dry fish or cray fish, blended banana n many more baby food by heinz, I just gradually introduce new food to him. I don't take pap so I didn't try pap .I was told that the way u start solid food for babies matters, If you start well, the child wouldn't be selective of food later on.
Re: Mummies I Need Your Help by ifsez: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2011
Try making the 2yr old's food colourful and attractive.Make her believe the food tastes so good with your umms and arrs and gradually make her taste from your food.When the food is attractive and nice they are more interested in eating.

Probably you did not introduce solids to her(them) early.From Four months I started giving my children little soup to taste.I never had feeding issues.You have to keep trying different foods until you know the one they like.Never get tired of introducing foods,when you try one and they don't like it stop and try again after a few weeks or months you try again.

Try, try and try again.I fed my babies Nestle Nutrend in their earlier months and then Golden Morn.when they turned one,But I made sure they eat or taste everything I eat.Also try mashing irish potatoes,boiled egg and margarine for them, Introduce noodles to them as well,

Goodluck and never give up.
Re: Mummies I Need Your Help by NaJaHaJe(f): 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
Well what I found that worked with mine was to make food like play time.

I get down on the floor with my baby with the food, water, wipes and extra spoons plus lots of games that play music. I get involved with her and give her 100% attention. I eat as well so she learns as well.

It may take u long time to get your son to eat but you have to be patient. Remember your baby feeds off your emotions so you have to appear happy and excited. And don't rush the feeding, let him take his time to savour the tastes. Also encourage him to touch the food so he can put it in his mouth.

With the 2 year old, If you can, since she can feed herself somewhat, you can get her to join you and your son o eat so it will be like family time,

Good luck
Re: Mummies I Need Your Help by UncleN: 7:57pm On Oct 20, 2011
Where are all the yummymummies in the house, eh ngwa

If na dem fellow woman wey come talk say she don fed up for her marriage, una go see all of dem with their 42 teeth dey jostle to help the OP pack out cheesy
Re: Mummies I Need Your Help by blank(f): 11:13am On Oct 21, 2011
I also need help. He just turned 8 months now. His first response is to clamp his mouth tightly without giving the food a chance. If u leave him he will eat only milk and biscuits. I once saw my cousin force feeding him. I had to reprimand her. But i am concerned as well. He eats nearly any food except vegetables but it is a time consuming process to get him to eat. He would rather play with the food or want to suck breast. It is so energy draining.

(1) (Reply)

Dispute And Fight Among Family Members / Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? / Ordeal Of A Nigerian Prostitute In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.