Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) (44892 Views)

Governor Ayade Locks Out Civil Servants Over Lateness (Photo) / Ogbonnia Oko Enyim Resigns As Umahi's SSA Over Interference In His Family / Rebecca Ogbuewu Resigns As Umahi's Commissioner For Women Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Praxis758: 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
kingjoe:
ask questions.umahi is even more wicked than wike.
You will agree with me soonest

By ‘wickedness’: do you mean STRICTER, IRON-HANDED or MORE DISCIPLINED than Wike?

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Praxis758: 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
loswhite:
What kind of stupid change is that? Must we always behave like zoo ppl? He can inta simple clocking system. How do you lock ppl out like kids? Stupid politicians. Will he lock himself out the day he comes late?

Would you allow your staff to be reporting to work by 9:35an when the official resumption time is 9:00am if you own a company.

Mixing sentiments to sensitive issue is the major reason why the black race will never advance. These same civil servants connive with contractors to manipulate road designs and over-inflate contracts and you’re here supporting them.

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Praxis758: 11:40pm On Sep 28, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
just shut up!
Who is effecting the change?
So Umahi is your new corruption fighter?

Umahi lacks the moral right to effect any change because he is part and one of the corruption.

So you’re directly saying we should keeping encouraging the tradition of impunity and indiscipline in the civil service?

It seems you’ve not fallen victim of the rot and evil services by these civil servants.

It takes a a determined leader to set the pace for an institution to follow.

A good example is the warning by the minister of interior that he won’t allow a situation where issuing passports will take forever to get. Do you think the senior immigration officers will be happy with him? No! The simple reason is because those wicked officers profit from the pains and agony of we helpless Nigerians that patronize their offices.
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Praxis758: 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2023
softy:

Corruption is a pre- breakfast meal in Naija.
It is an important part of air composition in Naija.
It is the new emblem we adore!

Who will deliver us from this?

It takes well determined leader who matches words with action to effect a change.

We can learn from Late Prof. Dora Akunyili and here sterling reforms in NAFDAC and Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa and his current exploits in NDLEA.

An organization or institution takes shape from the leadership body language.
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Praxis758: 11:49pm On Sep 28, 2023
Sillymoderators:

Imagine late commers protesting.

I live in the US, you can’t come late to work and protest. You’ll be fired at the second attempt and it goes straight to your work profile in the labor office. That’s why some black folks are unemployable because they’ve messed up their job records.

Their human right does not apply to you coming late to work.

3 Likes

Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by NAC1666: 12:05am On Sep 29, 2023
ryloy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UUNwiep1fU

Credit: @bababisi

Imran Muhammad @Imranmuhdz

Vanguard
Do to high cost of transportation, many workers track to work. And thus, making them to come late
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by lagonovo: 12:19am On Sep 29, 2023
I don't know how old you are but shove that 'average Igbo man bla bla' lie somewhere else. The beginning of your true integration is when you start being truthful to yourself. Please stick with the topic and don't pollute this with stale propaganda that people can easily see through. This is not 1966.

Guyman01:

The average Igbo man doesn't care about the nonsense going on in civil service, he thinks only about getting value for money spent, Umahi will not be moved by all these shenanigans from the staff, he will rather resign, the fact that he is APC does not remove his sense of reasoning after all APC is not his first party

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by loswhite(m): 1:24am On Sep 29, 2023
Praxis758:

Would you allow your staff to be reporting to work by 9:35an when the official resumption time is 9:00am if you own a company.

Mixing sentiments to sensitive issue is the major reason why the black race will never advance. These same civil servants connive with contractors to manipulate road designs and over-inflate contracts and you’re here supporting them.
This problem with Nigerians... Who is a minister? And what is the job of a minister? There is no sentiment except of course our usual Bush way of behaving. Please answer my simple question. If the minister comes late to work will he accept to be locked out at the gate? Don't ppl have legitimate reasons to come late to work? How does locking the gate gives you a good road? If you want ppl to stop coming late you can put a clocking system instead of behaving like Bush arrogant minister....useless politicians that are so full of themselves
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Sheggy13(m): 3:15am On Sep 29, 2023
ebufa:

na here Tinubu's trickery will come useful! Tinubu knows he he needs a few performesr in his governement so the old fox put goal getters in some key ministries......Umahi will work like wike ........where he blew it is in the most critical and important ministry,....ministry of EDUCATION......! why he handed such an important ministry to a fulani beats me hollow!

Gosh, the bolded is tribal bigotry taken too far. Are you implying that all Fulanis are dunces, and that there are no intelligent ones among the millions of them? What better profile do you expect from a Minister of Education than what Prof. Tahir Mamman possesses? This is someone who was UK trained (University of Warwick LLM and PhD - one of the best Unis in the world), a SAN, distinguished Professor of Law, former DG of Nigerian Law School and VC of a University in Nigeria. I don't think you are alright. No insult intended.

2 Likes

Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Ikaeniyan0: 4:26am On Sep 29, 2023
Deemas:

Recruitment is ongoing in a very good FG agency, can you pay for it? grin
No I can't, maybe you should help me online millionaire
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by JAYUK(m): 4:59am On Sep 29, 2023
Nigerians and bad habit are entwined,am sure they have read the ethical standards to them previously,the man in charge could not continue condoling their high level of indiscipline, that ministry can be run effectively without those miscreants.Their main grievances are because the avenues of stealing have been blocked.You need to have a need for an inquiry in the ministry and see how much you will part with, civil service reeks of criminality and they will be pointing accusing fingers at politicians.
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Ikpaitid: 5:03am On Sep 29, 2023
Nigerian mentality,you go to work late and then blame the minister for locking 🔒 you out. Mumu people.

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by EmmyOD(m): 6:09am On Sep 29, 2023
Late commers
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Deemas(m): 6:36am On Sep 29, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
No I can't, maybe you should help me online millionaire

So you even need a job? Don't worry when I help you, you'll know why we have chosen the path of lateness. What's your discipline?
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Ikaeniyan0: 6:39am On Sep 29, 2023
Deemas:

So you even need a job? Don't worry when I help you, you'll know why we have chosen the path of lateness. What's your discipline?
I'm an accountant. I live in Lagos and Abuja

How can we meet so I can give you my CV?
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by gare(f): 7:33am On Sep 29, 2023
seunmsg:
Federal public service is very different from the state service. Any minister that want to take on the civil servant will run into trouble sooner than later. Umahi needs to calm down and work with the ministry staff if he intends to achieve anything meaningful in the ministry.

So they should be allowed to come to work late ? Then tomorrow we compare Nigeria with other Western countries, we are not disciplined and should expect anything good to come out from it.

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by omolola12345(m): 7:44am On Sep 29, 2023
If they are tired of working they should all be fired and give room for those willing to work. They are not serious. I really love the Mr minister. He should continue with his good work.
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Agent17th: 7:54am On Sep 29, 2023
seunmsg:
Federal public service is very different from the state service. Any minister that want to take on the civil servant will run into trouble sooner than later. Umahi needs to calm down and work with the ministry staff if he intends to achieve anything meaningful in the ministry.

So lateness should be condoned ?

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by ejieddy: 8:04am On Sep 29, 2023
Pls, report the right news. They were saying "he must come out" and address them, not "he must go". If you listen well.

They had a meeting yesterday and all was clarified. Resumption at the ministry of works is now 9am till 4pm, Mondays to Fridays.

Buses will be provided for them and he has been attending to their welfare.

The Hon. Minister, Engr. Dave Umahi, my mentor, is trying to bring sanity to the ministry and the failing construction sector and it will take time but he is equal to the task. He addressed the workers yesterday in the meeting and the workers are ready to work with him in unity.

Pls, don't use this medium to peddle false narratives or fake news. Let's join hands to build our nation. Check out the real link to read about it in full. https://worksandhousing.gov.ng/read/2977

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Deemas(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I'm an accountant. I live in Lagos and Abuja

How can we meet so I can give you my CV?

Meet ke? You can send via email please.
Don't forget our side hussle that is making us go to work late is keeping us busy.
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Fuckyoumod: 8:17am On Sep 29, 2023
Praxis758:

So you’re directly saying we should keeping encouraging the tradition of impunity and indiscipline in the civil service?

It seems you’ve not fallen victim of the rot and evil services by these civil servants.

It takes a a determined leader to set the pace for an institution to follow.

A good example is the warning by the minister of interior that he won’t allow a situation where issuing passports will take forever to get. Do you think the senior immigration officers will be happy with him? No! The simple reason is because those wicked officers profit from the pains and agony of we helpless Nigerians that patronize their offices.
the corruption in civil service is a drop of water in the ocean when compared to what these evil politicians, ministers, Governors, lawmakers and president do.

That's my point.

Let the president and governors lead with the fight against corruption and watch how civil servant fall into line.
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by alezzy13: 8:31am On Sep 29, 2023
It's actually not the first time. He did while as governor, though labour resisted
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by ubox: 8:31am On Sep 29, 2023
bonnyhope:
See them

If you no employ them na problem
If you employ them na problem

There is so much indiscipline in the civil service

They will tell you that it is govt work that is not your papa company

Shm...m

For this same thread, someone commented this :
"u don't lock people out for coming late. Who is he? is it his father's private business?

yes they are wrong for coming late bt he is also wrong.. This is not his state where he flogs workers."

Nigerians are their own problem
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Ikaeniyan0: 8:41am On Sep 29, 2023
Deemas:

Meet ke? You can send via email please.
Don't forget our side hussle that is making us go to work late is keeping us busy.
Let us meet if e sure for you joker
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Codes151(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2023
jaxxy:

u better learn sense of civil climes abd stop this unnecessary show off and attention seeking by umahi.

is locking people out the job he was appointed and being paid to do with tax payers money?
are you kidding me... OBOY GERROUT..

GROW UP AND STOP THIS SENILE MENTALITY... LEAVE SMALL SOUTH EAST AND EXPLORE THE WORLD SO THAT YOU WILL HAVE SENSE.. RUBBISH... DONT QUOTE ME AGAIN WITH YOUR MYOPIC THINKING
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by seunjungle1(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2023
Lazy people are usually coming late to work. Can they try that with any private company and not fired immediately.... These people are one of those numerous corruption facing our nation.
If they ask them to retire from the work and allow we that will not be coming late to work, dem go dey flex muscles....rubbish people.

Umahi, do your job sir.
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:41am On Sep 29, 2023
seunmsg:
I absolutely disagree with you, this attitude has been in practice since the 60s. It has completely failed us as a nation. We need something very different
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by seunmsg(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
I absolutely disagree with you, this attitude has been in practice since the 60s. It has completely failed us as a nation. We need something very different

Umahi has calmed down like i advised yesterday. He has already apologized to the workers. If he refuse to work with them, he will fail woefully.

1 Like

Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Deemas(m): 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Let us meet if e sure for you joker

The time for meeting is not ripe yet. Just send your CV first.
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2023
seunmsg:

Umahi has calmed down like i advised yesterday. He has already apologized to the workers. If he refuse to work with them, he will fail woefully.
As far as I’m concerned, those workers are as useless as poop in the septic tank. Their Engrs as dumb as you can imagine. Umahi can do without them.
Re: Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) by Bunnatex(m): 5:19pm On Sep 29, 2023
seunmsg:

98% of government workers across all MDAs goes to work late including myself and the minister. It’s an entrenched culture that will take more than locking the gate to change.

And your think the Minister's action isn't a right step in the right direction?

Why are we like this? Come on

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu & Osinbajo Greet & Hug Each Other In Abuja (pictures) / Exchange Between Abike Dabiri And Prince Bamidele / Throwback: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Burnt House In Kaduna,1966 Where He Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.