Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? (12140 Views)

Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? / Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / How To Minimize Fuel Usage In Your Car During This Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by Bukola94: 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
DyingFetus:
I parked my Volvo and sold my battery mehn I can't be buying fuel @ 700

Now it's me and legsus
Get an electric bike or lady bike
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by driand(m): 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2023
felix55:

Try buy new 02 sensor ad enjoy ur ride...
what's the average cost of the O2 sensor?
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by nomolos92: 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2023
CelestineNelson:
SEQUOIA Jeep Is an enemy of progress in a time like this...😭😭😭😭. My Guy almost the spend 70k from Osun To Lagos on every trip

Is he forced to drive the Sequoia?
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by Musty4ahmed1: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
Bukola94:
Hyundai Elantra is becoming popular on Nigeria road
How rugged is the car? Can it withstand our bad roads for long distance travels?
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by Bukola94: 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2023
Musty4ahmed1:
How rugged is the car? Can it withstand our bad roads for long distance travels?
Can't say for rugged, but for the fuel economy100%. A Uber driver told me how the Hyundai Accent and Elantra safe fuel pass Corolla. Not recent model,2006/2007 Hyundai Elantra I think. And I noticed how politicians buy the Sonata too. Mikano Motors , Nissan patrol vehicles not Hilux for security operatives and in some state IVM

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by temitimx19(m): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2023
I drive a Mercedes Benz c300 2010, I get an average of 18-20 mpg. This month alone I have spent 153k on fueling and I covered 1,217miles (1,958kms), I traveled a lot this month that's why.. This subsidy removal really hit me, my next car will be a Toyota hybrid car insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by Kizyte(m): 6:17pm On Sep 29, 2023
Bukola94:
100% correct!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by Donpre(m): 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2023
Bukola94:
I see a lot of Hyundai these days, it's almost as if the engines problems do not exist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by Newton1045: 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2023
datjohn:
2007 Peugeot 307.
1.6 lit TU5JP4 engine doing me ave.35mpg.

Pls do u mean it.
I use 307 wagon.
I ve never really checked
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by tetula123(m): 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2023
Balistic4:

I'm not using the es because I want to look big, I just like engaging rides and I normally have heavy foot. I still have corolla I gave wifey and I am not ready to drive it again. What's your mpg?
honesly I basically just buy cars and drive this is the first time I’m hearing about mpg. I’m stepping out to check now. I barely go out but as it stands I’m going to use the Corolla more, it’s crazy spending over 200k monthly on gas.
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by tetula123(m): 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2023
IyaTola:
With type of corrola are you buying?
2013 LE

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by Stormyweather(m): 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2023
wese90:

Have learnt something new today

Good evening my indaboski
we learn everyday my lord. Good evening
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by GamingGirl(f): 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2023
What about Lexus ES 350 2011? What is the average MPG?
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by bonnyhope: 10:17pm On Sep 29, 2023
Tolumiide:
Corolla Na bolugi, e no get automated mpg. ₦2k fuel and the day movement is settled.

Over hype of Corolla go kill una

2k petrol na 3.5 Ltr o

Where you wan drive am go

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by bonnyhope: 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2023
goalsplanners:
Please i need this car, where can i buy

This one don c economical car

I wish you well

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by codemaster2much: 10:25pm On Sep 29, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
2006 Toyota Avalon 28mpg within the city ...and 35mpg on the express. Me sef shock ...
I think it was nurey or kingreign that once gave good review of the fuel efficiency of this avalon, despite being a large size salon
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by Munzy14(m): 6:05am On Sep 30, 2023
CelestineNelson:
SEQUOIA Jeep Is an enemy of progress in a time like this...😭😭😭😭. My Guy almost the spend 70k from Osun To Lagos on every trip
🤣🤣🤣🤣na V8. What do you expect.
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by Musty4ahmed1: 7:03am On Sep 30, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
2006 Toyota Avalon 28mpg within the city ...and 35mpg on the express. Me sef shock ...
Big lie. My colleague has this car he is complaining about the fuel consumption, it is a big engine v6 car. It's doubtful getting 9L/100km
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by candyguyofficia(m): 10:33am On Sep 30, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

If I remember correctly sir, there are more fuel efficient SUVs out there, like the Honda Ridgeline and the RX 330/350. Any specific reason you went for the GX?
And considering the prestige thing you are talking about, you be governorship aspirant, sir?

You may not understand @ buygala very well but I understand him perfectly. There are some profession that your lifestyle ought to exhibit affluence and financial stability ( even though that may not be the actual state of things). The level of your display of affluence and financial stability is what will make client, on lookers and even police to regard you with maximum respect.

I feel I ready know the profession @buygala belong to but I don't want to mention the profession because display of affluence and financial stability in this profession is a trade secrete.

What members of the profession do is to triple the hussle and pray for breakthrough than to switch pretigious suv/vehicle to regular sedans.

Boss @buygala I will love your professional guidance Sir, I'm aiming for the profession

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by ITbomb(m): 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2023
Musty4ahmed1:
In all sincerity, the clearance is low and the bumper will take the first hit. But I "kicked" the shock to solve that .
The good news is that the legs (shaft, shocks, tie rods etc) can withstand any road.
And it can enter any water because the underneath is almost flat, no hanging part like exhaust so some hits that corolla do take from under in spite of the clearance, hyundai can avoid

Just get a mechanic that understand the sensors (or can read and interpret codes) because a nonfunctional sensor can make a corolla mechanic to start buying and changing parts

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by hollas2jnr(m): 7:22am On Oct 01, 2023
Musty4ahmed1:
Big lie. My colleague has this car he is complaining about the fuel consumption, it is a big engine v6 car. It's doubtful getting 9L/100km

You don't just compare cars of the same model and year. A lot of things could vary between them: are the o2 sensors okay? is the rim/tyre size within spec? is the thermostat removed? is the radiator fans blowing nonstop? is the right engine oil being used?

All these and many more could contribute to a drop in mpg of any car

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by OfficialDJ: 11:02am On Oct 01, 2023
buygala:

I have considered that, and also decided that I would rather the fuel keeps getting guzzled and my professional prestige remains intact grin

The pride on my clients' faces when I turn up in the GX for their cases and the happiness with which they pay me and even extra sometimes beats any fuel consumption regrets I might have grin...The car maintains and fuels itself without any stress.

Most Nigerians are very vain people... Do you know what it means for the average Nigerian man to say "I will deal with you... Let me call my..... "... And the said....... turns up in a mint fully tinted air-conditioned fairly recent GX? grin... They will happily sell their ancestral lands to keep you on the retainer, even if you end up doing very little or nothing..

The average Nigerian thinks the professional who appears richer knows far better than the one who doesn't look as rich..And in most cases, they are actually wrong grin.. But who cares grin
pardon

What do you mean by fairly recent?
Is it a jalopy or not?
Stop misconstruing words.
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by OfficialDJ: 11:07am On Oct 01, 2023
buygala:

The ridgeline is outdated

Yahoo boys have bastardized the RX

The prestige of the GX is far above them both..all na my opinion of course

And no, I no be Governorship Aspirant.. A 2010 GX is a 13-year old SUV, and isn't that much of a big deal..... All in all, I dey pretend to cum till I actually cum grin... I am far poorer than I portray myself to be.
Thank you for the clarification.
Ignore my first mention. grin
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by buygala(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
OfficialDJ:
pardon

What do you mean by fairly recent?
Is it a jalopy or not?
Stop misconstruing words.

The have been only 3 generations of the GX to date.. The 2010 is the 2nd Gen which was only replaced by the 3rd Gen in 2023

So, yes.. It's fairly recent by GX standards.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by OfficialDJ: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2023
buygala:

The have been only 3 generations of the GX to date.. The 2010 is the 2nd Gen which was only replaced by the 3rd Gen in 2023

A 13 year old car, can NEVER be equated as 'fairly recent' in any world...
Gx, Lx, standards or not.
Prestige?yes.
Its age? It's an old car.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by GamingGirl(f): 8:13am On Oct 02, 2023
cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by BucketMan: 9:09am On Oct 02, 2023
buygala:

so nice to see you and officialDJ getting along with any banter
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by sultaan(m): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2023
Fuel economy is not too bad on the F150 2.7t on highway

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by 735i(m): 9:43am On Oct 03, 2023
ITbomb:

In all sincerity, the clearance is low and the bumper will take the first hit. But I "kicked" the shock to solve that .
The good news is that the legs (shaft, shocks, tie rods etc) can withstand any road.
And it can enter any water because the underneath is almost flat, no hanging part like exhaust so some hits that corolla do take from under in spite of the clearance, hyundai can avoid

Just get a mechanic that understand the sensors (or can read and interpret codes) because a nonfunctional sensor can make a corolla mechanic to start buying and changing parts

I used the 2014 Avalon for about a year.

During the period, i travelled to the east three times. The first time i travelled with it, i appreciated the powerful 2GR engine. However, because of the low suspension, the belly of the car suffered on bad patches of the highway.

So i decided to 'kick" the suspension when i got back to Lagos.

Second time i travelled with it, i almost had an accident on my way back to Lagos.

The raised suspension totally messed up handling and aerodynamics.

The third time i travelled with it, i knew i was done. the car had become wavy and unbalanced unlike the first time i travelled with it. "Sold it immediately afterwards.

However, the fuel economy is super for a V6. Used just a little more than half tank from Lagos to Awka on my first trip. Averaged 24.6mpg

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by GamingGirl(f): 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2023
smiley smiley
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by bullabong(m): 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2023
Yankiss:
You are a big fool, talking to people u dont know carelessly. Are you to tell me my own experiences?? Of all the cars I have driven, not all the cars in the world! Nonsense. I had Ford 4x4 F-150. The fuel consumption no be here. My very first car was BMW 325i/Caserio series. The fuel economy was top notch. I am talking about my personal experiences with cars. Thankio!
see the big cars you are driving, yet your father died of starvation and your mom died from jaundice infection. Na wa o, broda wey mumu.
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? by Yankiss(m): 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2023
bullabong:
see the big cars you are driving, yet your father died of starvation and your mom died from jaundice infection. Na wa o, broda wey mumu.
grin grin grin Werey people fill Nairaland o. grin grin grin Do you know my dad? He was a king. He made me. I didnt have to make him. My mum is very much alive o. Haba.

6 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 / Turbochargers Vs. Superchargers: What’s The Difference? / Do You Agree With Volvo Exec That China Now Makes Better Quality Cars Than Europ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.