Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee (277 Views)

8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians / I Killed This Bat The Enemy Sent To My House At Night / What Is The Importance Of Praising God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by holymike47(m): 4:21am On Sep 29, 2023
Brothers, don't under-estimate the power of praise and worship; it is a powerful spiritual welfare strategy.

Do you remember the day your shackles fell away? Do you recall the place where Jesus met you and said, “I have loved you with an everlasting love”; I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you”; None of your offenses will be counted against you?

Oh, what a sweet day it is when Jesus takes away the pain of sin! Not even the songs of angels sound as sweet as that first song of rapture that gushes forth from the inner soul of a forgiven child of God. Yet it is not only at the onset of the Christian life that we have reason to sing. As long as we live, we discover new reasons to “sing of the ways of the Lord.” And as we experience His constant love we are led to proclaim, “I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips” (Ps. 34:1).

Psalms 138:1-2. “I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise. I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness, for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.”

May the attitude of kind David be in you, to praise the Lord with all your might and with all your heart, regardless of what others may think.

Full article: https://wordforlight.com/2023/09/29/praise-god-for-your-salvation-and-for-his-faithfulness/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Kobojunkiee: 4:39am On Sep 29, 2023
Op, there is actually no truth to this claim as God's promises only apply to those who are first Holy and then righteous. So, no amount of your religious praise rituals could cause God to wiggle a finger. lipsrsealed
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Westerhoffe(m): 6:02am On Sep 29, 2023
It is written: “Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.”
— Psalms 50:23 (KJV)

Nice one OP.

1 Like

Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Kobojunkiee: 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
Westerhoffe:
It is written: “Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.”
— Psalms 50:23 (KJV)

Nice one OP.
One ought to be really careful of all those who trade religious lies in the name or God without regard or respect for God's Truth. undecided
16 But God says to the wicked, “Stop quoting my laws! Stop talking about my agreement!
17 You hate for me to tell you what to do. You ignore what I say.
18 You see a thief and run to join him. You jump into bed with those who commit adultery.
19 You say evil things and tell lies.
20 You sit around talking about people, finding fault with your own brothers.
21 When you did these things, I said nothing. So you thought that I was just like you. But I will not be quiet any longer. I will correct you and make clear what I have against you.
22 You people who have forgotten God, understand what I am telling you, or I will tear you apart, and no one will be able to save you!
23 Whoever gives a thank offering shows me honor. And whoever decides to live right will see my power to save.” - Psalm 50 vs 16 - 23
As for the thanksgiving offering that God Himself required of His people, the instructions of what is required by God are written in the Old Law of Moses. undecided
11 ‘This is the law of the sacrifice of peace offerings which he shall offer to the Lord:
12 If he offers it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer, with the sacrifice of thanksgiving, unleavened cakes mixed with oil, unleavened wafers anointed with oil, or cakes of blended flour mixed with oil.
13 Besides the cakes, as his offering he shall offer leavened bread with the sacrifice of thanksgiving of his peace offering.
14 And from it he shall offer one cake from each offering as a heave offering to the Lord. It shall belong to the priest who sprinkles the blood of the peace offering.
15 ‘The flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offering for thanksgiving shall be eaten the same day it is offered. He shall not leave any of it until morning.
16 But if the sacrifice of his offering is a vow or a voluntary offering, it shall be eaten the same day that he offers his sacrifice; but on the next day the remainder of it also may be eaten;
17 the remainder of the flesh of the sacrifice on the third day must be burned with fire.
18 And if any of the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offering is eaten at all on the third day, it shall not be accepted, nor shall it be imputed to him; it shall be an abomination to him who offers it, and the person who eats of it shall bear guilt. - Leviticus 7 vs 11 - 18
Note how what is required by God even of His Old Law of Moses where you lot pretend your call to worship God comes from as far as thanksgiving, peace, voluntary and even vow offerings differs completely from your many religious rituals which you pretend are of God. undecided
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by holymike47(m): 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2023
@Kobojunkiee
Kobojunkiee:
One ought to be really careful of all those who trade religious lies in the name or God without regard or respect for God's Truth. undecided
As for the thanksgiving offering that God Himself required of His people, the instructions of what is required by God are written in the Old Law of Moses. undecided
Note how what is required by God even of His Old Law of Moses where you lot pretend your call to worship God comes from as far as thanksgiving, peace, voluntary and even vow offerings differs completely from your many religious rituals which you pretend are of God. undecided
Bro, I believe we are all saying the same thing here. I am also frustrated with those who pretend to love God, and yet practice sin. In fact, 2 Timothy 2: 19 clearly says:

“The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”
Also, I would advise you to read the full article. The very first paragraph says:
If a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die. None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them. Because of the righteous things they have done, they will live. (Ezekiel 18:21-22).
The link below: https://wordforlight.com/2023/09/29/praise-god-for-your-salvation-and-for-his-faithfulness/

The truth is, for a sincere Christian, praise invites and overwhelmed you with the presence of God, where no enemy can stand.

2 Chronicles 20: 20 – 22
Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful.” After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying:
“Give thanks to the Lord,
for his love endures forever.”
As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated.

Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Kobojunkiee: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2023
holymike47:
■ Bro, I believe we are all saying the same thing here. I am also frustrated with those who pretend to love God, and yet practice sin. In fact, 2 Timothy 2: 19 clearly says: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”
Also, I would advise you to read the full article. The very first paragraph says:
If a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die. None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them. Because of the righteous things they have done, they will live. (Ezekiel 18:21-22).
The link below: https://wordforlight.com/2023/09/29/praise-god-for-your-salvation-and-for-his-faithfulness/
■ The truth is, for a sincere Christian, praise invites and overwhelmed you with the presence of God, where no enemy can stand.
2 Chronicles 20: 20 – 22
Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful.” After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying:
“Give thanks to the Lord, for his love endures forever.” As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated.
1. Let's stop dribbling ourselves here. You and I know quite well that your Christian idea of praise does not in anyway conform with the Scriptural idea of Praise as put forth by God Himself in His Law. And you and I know clearly well, that when you create these threads to inform people that God is moved by their praise, you are not speaking specifically to those who are RIghteous — those who keep all my decrees and do what is just and right —, but rather to all those who fill your church seats service after service. Your Christian idea of praising God is to shout noisily and sing you many so-called Christian songs, ideas which have nothing to do with that which God has in fact commanded of His followers. undecided

2. Imagine you continuing to quote from the context of the Old Law of Moses while pretending to have links to the name of Jesus Christ. That is another lie you Christians feed yourselves using the name of God. God made clear that His Old Law of Moses applies as the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan, a Law under which no man can today be justified or saved as all born under it has been condemned by God from over 1900 years ago. But here you are more than 1900 years later pretending that somehow by spreading that which is of Old — a Law which you clearly do not even begin to abide by to the letter — you are somehow honoring God. Are you people for real? undecided
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by holymike47(m): 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2023
These things I will keep telling people.
1. God knows those who are His;
2. You cannot deceive God; you cannot outsmart God; Whatsoever a man sows, that is what he will reap;
3. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6 v 8

Your relationship with God is personal!
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Kobojunkiee: 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2023
holymike47:
These things I will keep telling people.
1. God knows those who are His;
2. You cannot deceive God; you cannot outsmart God; Whatsoever a man sows, that is what he will reap;
3. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6 v 8
4. Your relationship with God is personal!
1. God never said He answers people just because He knows who they are. He said He only answers those who are holy and righteous in His sight. So, telling people God knows who they are should not be construed as meaning God answers or pays attention to what they do in their unrighteousness.

2. Neither can you force God to lower His standard or bend His Law to accommodate any jargon that you offer to Him. God said He does not accept the prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to Him, and as such any offering which is not in keeping with His Law and stipulations is equally an abomination to God. undecided

3. Your religious acts mean nothing to do. The only way to become righteous/just is to submit one's life — entire mind, body, and soul— to living in continuous submission and obedience to God's Law and teachings, in our times in Jesus Christ. There is no other way. Acting just/right is akin to adopting the ways of the Pharisees and Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear that unless one exceeds the righteousness of the Pharisees — which amounts to nothing where God is concerned— one will never benefit from the promises of God. undecided

4. The relationship may be personal but the fruits one bears reveal whether that relationship is real or just all mouth action. No one who belongs to Jesus Christ uses His name to spread lies. undecided
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Westerhoffe(m): 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2023
Kobojunkiee:

And thus the devil also quote the Bible… angry
Who are you deceiving?
cheesy
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Kobojunkiee: 11:48pm On Sep 29, 2023
Westerhoffe:
And thus the devil also quote the Bible… angry
Who are you deceiving?
cheesy
Of course, to you, the devil wrote all those parts of Scripture you reject, and anyone who shoves them in your face to reveal the falsehood of your claims is of the devil. I get it! undecided
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Westerhoffe(m): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Of course, to you, the devil wrote all those parts of Scripture you reject, and anyone who shoves them in your face to reveal the falsehood of your claims is of the devil. I get it! undecided

My friend swipe left!
You contort the Scriptures to suit the desires of your ignorance and you think you can shove those false doctrines of yours down my throat?

Who the heck do you even think you are?
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Kobojunkiee: 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2023
Westerhoffe:
My friend swipe left!
You contort the Scriptures to suit the desires of your ignorance and you think you can shove those false doctrines of yours down my throat? Who the heck do you even think you are?
The very Words and commandments of God as in fact presented in scriptural context amounts to false doctrines whereas the tales spun for you from the mouths of your gods of men are truth to you. That at least explains a lot about whose you are. undecided
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Westerhoffe(m): 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
The very Words and commandments of God as in fact presented in scriptural context amounts to false doctrines whereas the tales spun for you from the mouths of your gods of men are truth to you. That at least explains a lot about whose you are. undecided

Your deception and heresy will not work on me. I'm very sure you are fully aware of that. So beat it already.

Your contradictory self explanations will always be exposed.

You can twist the Scriptures as you like, but I will always stand against your heresies no matter how much you try to polish it.

The Devil also quoted the Scriptures to JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Kobojunkiee: 3:36pm On Sep 30, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ .... The Devil also quoted the Scriptures to JESUS CHRIST.
Wrong! He quoted scripture out of context much the same way you religious lot do. He lifted bits and pieces of scripture from here and there in an attempt to provide backing for his lies. That isn't the same as quoting scripture. Jesus Christ warned against doing that, but it is something you religious kind seem all too comfortable doing anyway as revealed in your earlier assertion regarding that written in Psalm 50. undecided
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Westerhoffe(m): 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Wrong! He quoted scripture out of context much the same way you religious lot do. He lifted bits and pieces of scripture from here and there to attempt to provide backing for her skewed ideas. That isn't the same as quoting scriptures as it is instead what Jesus Christ warned against, something you religious kind seem all too comfortable doing as revealed in your earlier assertion regarding that written in psalm 50. undecided

You see you just exposed yourself on having no clue of the Scriptures you claim to know above the heavens!

The Devil quoted out of context in what chapters and verses?

Answer that only first.
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Kobojunkiee: 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ You see you just exposed yourself on having no clue of the Scriptures you claim to know above the heavens! The Devil quoted out of context in what chapters and verses? Answer that only first.
Wait.... You are the one who claimed the devil quoted scripture... so shouldn't you be the one trying to prove your claim? undecided
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Westerhoffe(m): 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Wait.... You are the one who claimed the devil quoted scripture... so shouldn't you be the one trying to prove your claim? undecided

Answer me!
If you have no slightest idea, then you should have just kept shut and not reply with trash that that's how people quote the Scriptures out of context.

So, defend your term Quoting the Scriptures out of context if you have any idea of what you tried to cover up ignorantly.
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Kobojunkiee: 3:51pm On Sep 30, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Answer me!
If you have no slightest idea, then you should have just kept shut and not reply with trash that that's how people quote the Scriptures out of context.So, defend your term Quoting the Scriptures out of context if you have any idea of what you tried to cover up ignorantly.
These are your own words, not mine.
Westerhoffe:
.... The Devil also quoted the Scriptures to JESUS CHRIST.
undecided
Quoting scripture out of context is the same as not quoting scripture at all which is what I said the devil did. So, the onus is in fact on you to show that the devil in fact quoted what Scripture in fact says. undecided
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Westerhoffe(m): 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
These are your own words, not mine. undecided
Quoting scripture out of context is the same as not quoting scripture at all which is what I said the devil did. So, the onus is in fact on you to show that the devil in fact quoted what Scripture in fact says. undecided

Kobojunkiee:
Wrong! He quoted scripture out of context much the same way you religious lot do. He lifted bits and pieces of scripture from here and there in an attempt to provide backing for his lies.That isn't the same as quoting scripture. Jesus Christ warned against doing that, but it is something you religious kind seem all too comfortable doing anyway as revealed in your earlier assertion regarding that written in Psalm 50. undecided

And you are not just a heresy teacher, but also such a blatant liar.

Whose words are the quoted bolded reds above? undecided

Prove yourself of the term, Quoting the Scriptures in context on the aspect you claimed the Devil did, or forever you keep shut.
Re: Praising God Makes The Enemy Flee by Kobojunkiee: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ And you are not just a heresy teacher, but also such a blatant liar. Whose words are the quoted bolded reds above? undecided Prove yourself of the term, Quoting the Scriptures in context on the aspect you claimed the Devil did, or forever you keep shut.[/b]
I am bored so here goes...
3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”
4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”
5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple,
6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: ‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’ and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ”
7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”
8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”
10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ” 11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him. - Matthew 4 vs 3 - 11
Which of the above statements from the devil is a direct quote of Scripture as claimed by your person? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Bible Study: Understanding The Terrain Of The Path To Life [matthew 7:13-14] / Why BBC Could Be Right About TB Joshua. / My Mental Health Challenges, Who Can Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.