Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads (18024 Views)

Sen. Natasha Akpoti Commissions 800 Street Lights On Roads in Kogi Central(pics) / President Buhari Unveils 2 National Policies On Nigerian Government (Photos) / Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by NzogbuNzogbu: 7:23am On Sep 29, 2023
K
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Guyman01: 7:24am On Sep 29, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

The approach of having full environmental and geotechnical report of the road corridor is a very welcome development.

With that said...
I want to point out that:
“improper implementation had always been the main problem in Nigeria”.

Not the lack of good ideas.

We have lots of good ideas...
Very good ideas that are very perfect on paper while being explained to the last details.

But during implementation,, a lot of non-envisaged human factors would start showing up, and be causing serious set-backs to all those initial good ideas.
You can't do that with Umahi who doesn't take nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Morbeta11(m): 7:32am On Sep 29, 2023
It is what it is.....
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Tonytonex(m): 7:36am On Sep 29, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

The approach of having full environmental and geotechnical report of the road corridor is a very welcome development.

With that said...
I want to point out that:
“improper implementation had always been the main problem in Nigeria”.

Not the lack of good ideas.

We have lots of good ideas...
Very good ideas that are very perfect on paper while being explained to the last details.

But during implementation,, a lot of non-envisaged human factors would start showing up, and be causing serious set-backs to all those initial good ideas.
contractors should be made to sign to deliver. If they failed to meet up with the standard. They should be arrested and prosecuted.

2 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by gare(f): 7:39am On Sep 29, 2023
inoki247:
Lol and the Late comers and lazy one are protesting nd saying they don't want the man again...

I always ask what're the economy value of all this Civil servant apart from been corrupt nd just going to work gossip get to work late nd close anytime they like...

Imagine protesting for coming late to work where did we even keep our morality and always saying we want the best for the country and always blaming the politicians for the country woes,...

can they even try that with Private sector....

The Minister should dust the civil service rules and regulations and ensure any defaulter is shown the way out , we can't continue like this as a country and expect us to grow. How can workers come late to work be protesting. Nigeria is finished.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by inoki247: 7:42am On Sep 29, 2023
gare:

The Minister should dust the civil service rules and regulations and ensure any defaulter is shown the way out , we can't continue like this as a country and expect us to grow. How can workers come late to work be protesting. Nigeria is finished.

When we keep saying Nigeria problem isn't only politicians instead people will be attacking left and right....

Can a Private Sector be run like this and not fold up...

No wonder the Refinery fold up if this is the type of people working at the refinery we should be ready not to see any results.....

4 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Chibuzoripob: 7:43am On Sep 29, 2023
Loonyy:

Congratulations Bro
Thank for the little assistance
Any way to put joy for people face is welcome
Country hard Liadis
May they NOT STEAL u join sha..STOP looking for FREE money.
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by gare(f): 7:47am On Sep 29, 2023
inoki247:

When we keep saying Nigeria problem isn't only politicians instead people will be attacking left and right....

No wonder the Refinery fold up if this is the type of people working at the refinery we should be ready not to see any results.....

The corruption in the civil service is more than the ones done by the politicians, the reason for the refineries not working is also as a result of the workers, how can a plant just stop working like that for years, if you are involved in oil and gas activities you will understand that the only time such happens is when there's a turn around maintenance which may not exceed 6 months, but ours has been for years .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by JADEK04: 7:59am On Sep 29, 2023
Guyman01:
Umahi is the most serious minister in the government, locking out who came to work late and also engaging consultants who will vet e every certificate before payment unlike the previous nonsense we see in Ministry of Works where officials approve payments in Abuja without visiting the site to assess extent of work done.
Imagine having a lawyer for 8 years under Buhari as Minister of Works, that's madness as against a seasoned Civil and Construction Engineer like Umahi with proven track record
fasola really try ,and he wish to do more than that but you know when you are surrounded by Cabal that know more than you,it depends on your boss,the kind of power he gave you,Tinubu gave them power to express and exercise their muscles unlike buari,mallami alone can sack minister even he can sack vice president
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by JB4life: 8:00am On Sep 29, 2023
AntiChristian:
This man dey make me like the Igbos!

I fit marry one Igbo queen as my next wife!

God bless minister Nweze!

God bless Jagaban!

God bless Nigeria!

God bless me!

If you like, hate Igbos till eternity for no just cause , my brother.

That is your problem and not that of Igbos.

We know our greatest problems in Nigeria are bigoted TRIBALISM and RELIGIOUS FANATICISM by some NIGERIANS who prefers to put anything in power , no matter how defective, provided he's their tribe or religion.

And after all of that , we still be complaining of socioeconomic woes.

What a hypocrisy.
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Litmus: 8:03am On Sep 29, 2023
When I was a boy I used to argue profusely that Igbo people will be the factor that elevate Nigeria above every nation in Africa and beyond. Umahi has some of those qualities that I saw with the innocent child's ability to approximate truth. The going ons in the East with the likes of unknown gunmen is as if an aberration.
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by JB4life: 8:09am On Sep 29, 2023
JADEK04:
fasola really try ,and he wish to do more than that but you know when you are surrounded by Cabal that know more than you,it depends on your boss,the kind of power he gave you,Tinubu gave them power to express and exercise their muscles unlike buari,mallami alone can sack minister even he can sack vice president

Buhari administration is really a terrible development for public service and NIGERIA economy, especially for Southern NIGERIA characterised by 8 years of locust attack.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Saidfx(m): 8:10am On Sep 29, 2023
Tinubu is not a magician and no success without pains. Fingers are not equal and Almighty God takes care of the heaves and earth, but never get tired!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by AntiChristian: 8:13am On Sep 29, 2023
JB4life:

If you like, hate Igbos till eternity for no just cause , my brother.

That is your problem and not that of Igbos.

We know our greatest problems in Nigeria are bigoted TRIBALISM and RELIGIOUS FANATICISM by some NIGERIANS who prefers to put anything in power , no matter how defective, provided he's their tribe or religion.

And after all of that , we still be complaining of socioeconomic woes.

What a hypocrisy.

I don't think most hate the Igbos per ce!
It the attitude exhibited by most of them offline and online!

I have worked in their midst for over eight years and even lived with them for over half a decade!

So...?
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Saidfx(m): 8:19am On Sep 29, 2023
inoki247:
Lol and the Late comers and lazy one are protesting nd saying they don't want the man again...

I always ask what're the economy value of all this Civil servant apart from been corrupt nd just going to work gossip get to work late nd close anytime they like...

Imagine protesting for coming late to work where did we even keep our morality and always saying we want the best for the country and always blaming the politicians for the country woes,...

can they even try that with Private sector....

I swear down! Civil servant are the major cause of poor governance in this country and not actually the politicians. They are the ones that stay in ministries for years with different ministers. They know how to manipulate the actual workflow of the ministry & they are too used to bribery and tips. I can tell you authoritatively that most of them are not happy with their new ministers, most especially the minister of interior and minister of works. We shall see

3 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by inoki247: 8:22am On Sep 29, 2023
Saidfx:

I swear down! Civil servant are the major cause of poor governance in this country and not actually the politicians. They are the ones that stay in ministries for years with different ministers. They know how to manipulate the actual workflow of the ministry & they are too used to bribery and tips. I can tell you authoritatively that most of them are not happy with their new ministers, most especially the minister of interior and minister of works. We shall see

If this are the set of people we have in our refinery I don't think the refinery will ever work oh....

Cause I'm sure this are the set that caused the shut down of the refinery in the first place so how will the same set make it work...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Saidfx(m): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2023
inoki247:

If this are the set of people we have in our refinery I don't think the refinery will ever work oh....

Cause I'm sure this are the set that caused the shut down of the refinery in the first place so how will the same set make it work...

The refinery issue is a a full understanding btw BAT and nnpcl. Obj words will never manifest and the refinery will eventually work but might not be the December deadline. Nothing less than the 1st quarter of 2024 inshallah. BAT does not want to fail but people pray he fails. He is a very rugged person. Nonetheless, politicians will be politicians but he would perform well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by foxxydude: 8:29am On Sep 29, 2023
Soldier go
Soldier come
Barracks remains.
grin
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Curious346: 8:45am On Sep 29, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

good move .

Julius Berger Did terrible job on the just concluded 7up-sagamu interchange road .

Lots of portions of that road is caving in..

Terrible job

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Litmus: 8:57am On Sep 29, 2023
I don't believe I was ever fond of Africa people. I believe I hated Africa people actually, as a youngster born in the UK, because they were always on TV apparently begging and wailing and complaining. When my parents brought me to Nigeria, I found Nigerians refreshing and very Un-African because Nigerians were always doing stuff for themselves, always bustling, hustling and creative. The Igbos epitomised this spirit more than most. They could manufacture a great deal of things from shoes made of car tyre treads, school cases made of soft drinks cans, to radios an washing machines, all indigenous . True.

Nigerians recently are becoming disappointing, we are becoming very African. Helpless, moaney creatures with outstretched, begging hands of helplessness to government. And failing, resorters to violence instead of creativity and buisness...

Africa did this to Nigeria.
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by saysoo: 8:59am On Sep 29, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Oga supersonic,just 10km road please naah.
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by chinae(m): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2023
These are expected to be a standard by default. More like rolling out a policy that people should/must breath

Engage ethical and experienced contractors and enjoy more that these in our project execution phase.
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by BluntCrazeMan: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2023
Curious346:
good move .

Julius Berger Did terrible job on the just concluded 7up-sagamu interchange road .

Lots of portions of that road is caving in..

Terrible job

A whole Julius Berger??
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Litmus: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2023
Nigeria must define Africa and not let Africa define her.
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by OBJECTIVITY4ALL: 9:31am On Sep 29, 2023
DEXTROVERT:
They should add construction of bicycle way
If truly he is an Engineer he do not need to by reminded of BYCYCLE track as pert of the new norm in the road construction across board
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Litmus: 10:03am On Sep 29, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icfJVvCOW4Y?feature=shared

Progressive Update On Awka-Onitsha Expressway Construction.
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Georgejeez: 10:04am On Sep 29, 2023
In the Compound of a Strong Man , there are found different kinds of people , the good , the bad , the beautiful, the ugly , those that bring in money and those that scatter it .

So any drum you play in the Compound, there's always someone to dance to it .

-Eze-Ulu in Arrows of God by Chinua Achebe ..

So for once, the Nigerian Presido has appointed some Ministers in the offices that best suits them , putting hot heads like Wike and Umahi in Ministries that needs Agberos and those who can fight dirty to turn things around . Square pegs in Square holes .

Dave Umahi and Soludo are two of the Igbo Men other regions of the Country wouldn't mind to support for Presidency ,, even the core North ..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Georgejeez: 10:08am On Sep 29, 2023
yeman05:
And some fools that always cry they want a better country came to work late. Instead of begging and promise not to ever repeat same nonchalant attitude to work, are protesting. They should all be sacked. Many out there looking for work. How do u even get late to work and still not be remorseful? Welton work ministry

That's why I think the Civil Service should be handed over to the Military to sanitise and stabilize for like 6 months ,,,, you dare not try such during the days of Idiagbon , Babangida or Abacha ,,, who born you and your papa?

You come work late , just as you de come work late for years , your Oga lock you out , instead of you to beg and change your ways ,, you gather heart de protest publicly , then go barricade him office gate 😂😂😂😂😂 ..

Yet let them travel to small South Africa not to talk of UK or Canada and see them work 3 different jobs a day effectively and always punctual ..
Re: Ministry Of Works Releases New Policies On Roads by Georgejeez: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2023
inoki247:

That's one of the reasons I saw reasons with Atiku about the situation of the Refineries ,,, it will take a miracle for government workers to oversee the running of the Refineries for same to make profits ,,, best way is Privatisation with Government supervision and stakeholding ..

We can't continue like this ..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index / Troops Clear Remnants Of Boko Haram Terrorists In Kala Balge -photos / Musa Dikko Wins In Bwari Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.