Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times (36875 Views)

Shooting At Douglas Owerri As Gunmen Try To Take Over Hausa Settlement / Meet Anthony Chuka Douglas, Atiku Abubakar's Stepson & His Wife / Meet Jennifer Jamilah Douglas-Abubakar, Igbo Wife Of Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Racoon(m): 6:47am On Sep 29, 2023
On Tuesday, the Edo State command of the Department of State Services (DSS) assaulted Douglas Ogbankwa Esq., a Benin-based legal practitioner.

The agency’s officials assaulted the lawyer after he insisted that they should not interview one of his clients in his absence. Ogbankwa told FIJ that his client had been invited by the DSS over an alleged criminal investigation on Tuesday afternoon.

In honouring the invitation, the lawyer said he decided to accompany his client to the agency’s office in Benin.
Trouble started when the agency’s officials demanded to speak with his client in his absence.

“My client was invited by the deputy director of the DSS in Edo State on Sunday, but I had a conversation with the deputy director and we rescheduled for yesterday (Tuesday),” Ogbankwa told FIJ.

“When we got there, I filled in my name on the visitor’s book because as a lawyer, I understand that it is the name on the visitor’s list that will be called.

“However, a few minutes after we had been waiting, a female officer just came to call my client, and I politely told her and the front desk officer that my client would not go in alone because he had been invited for an alleged criminal investigation and by the administration of the criminal justice act (ACJA), I needed to be present.

“The officer left after hearing this, but then another female officer summoned my client and asked him to follow her.

“Again, I politely told her that I had raised this with the first officer who came to call my client and that she should kindly tell the person summoning him of the position that his lawyer wanted to be present in his interrogation.”

ASSAULT FOR SUMMONS
Ogbankwa said the command’s principal staff officer (PSO), operations and intelligence, then came out and also ordered his client to follow him.

“The PSO also tried to order my client in. As he did, I tried to explain to him that I would be going in with my client, but he ordered me back,” Ogbankwa told FIJ.

“I then told him that I am not a kindergarten pupil to be ordered around or be shouted on. To this, he told me we were in his office and he could do anything he liked. He said if we were not comfortable, we could leave.

“Just as we made to leave, the PSO ordered some officers to lock the gate. He then turned to me and said I was under arrest. He did not tell me the crime I had committed. All he told me was that he had been observing me since, and that his boys should deal with me.”

‘PRESIDENT’s BOYS’
The lawyer said he was then flanked and physically assaulted by two officers. After this, he was taken to the reception and beaten the second time.

“The men kicked me until I landed on the floor. I received about seven slaps and blows from them,” said Ogbankwa.

“At this point, I wriggled my way up and told the PSO that he was no longer acting in his capacity as a DSS officer. I also told him that he was only handling a personal business and not being professional.

“I asked him if he could defend what he was doing. At this point, he asked the officials to stop beating me. When the beating stopped, he asked me to leave. I then told him to stop addressing me rudely.

“He insisted I left and as I was driving out of their premises. While at the gate, I slowed down, looked at them and was going to say something.

“One of them who was holding a gun pointed it at me and said if I ever returned their office, they would gun me down. He said they would kill me and nothing would happen.

“When I told him the president would hear of what they had just done, he said they were the president’s boys and that nothing would happen.”

Ogbankwa said he then went to the Edo State Police Command to formally notify the commissioner of police about the threat that had just been made on his life.

FIJ made several phone calls to Peter Afunaya, the public relations officer of the DSS, for comments on the matter, but they were not answered.

When FIJ sent him a text message inquiring about the alleged assault on Douglas and why suspects were denied having their lawyers with them during interrogations, he said the DSS would investigate if the victim reports to them.

“We will investigate when and if formally reported to us,” Afunaya said.
https://fij.ng/article/we-are-the-presidents-boys-edo-dss-tells-lawyer-after-slapping-him-7-times/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 29, 2023
Haha
They should know the set of people they do that with

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Felimax(m): 6:48am On Sep 29, 2023
Banana republic!
President boys my anus hole!

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Racoon(m): 6:49am On Sep 29, 2023
It is expected! This is what you get when the undisputable capone king of touts, thugs, alayes, owomida miscreants, brigands and vandals is seating as the illegitimate president of a country.

What impression is an illegitimate government making when the likes of Asari Dokubo, MC Oluomo, Portable, Tony Kabaka are the kinds of humanity associated with it? How does this nation not expect law enforcement agencies to be professional or law abiding? Your guess is good as mine.

This is the once dreaded former SSS of old now a shameless instrument of state terror and oppression @ the beck and call of anyone in power. DSS being used to settle civil police cases yet terrorists are having a field day running amok across this nation.

167 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Guyman01: 6:56am On Sep 29, 2023
The level of impunity under this APC is astonishing, DSS has been reduced to political attack dogs, in the past DSS worked behind the scenes and were dreaded by criminals, today criminals just reserve some money to give to them, they don't even obey court orders

129 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by JasonScoolari: 6:57am On Sep 29, 2023
A civilian dictator will slap you, shoot you, drown your children, rape your wife and as you're on the floor bleeding out, na you go still dey explain just like this lawyer because nobody will listen to you, infact, they'll tell you to your face that they're the “President Boys”

The Oluwole Certificate holder, Ms. Tinubu is indirectly telling you how his administration will look like moving forward.

Wike as always, is leading the pack of political touts assembled by Tinubu, Umahi and Defense Minister are showing their true colors.

When we talk, Agbado never-do-well miscreants will tell us that we're too “emotional”

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by EyeCumInPiece: 6:59am On Sep 29, 2023
Thïefnubu, along with his boys and supporters are all hooligans.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Macphenson: 7:03am On Sep 29, 2023
more of this to come. Welcome to Banana republic.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Varunpulyani: 7:04am On Sep 29, 2023
Studying law in a country without rule of law is plenty English inside gutter

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:11am On Sep 29, 2023
No law in nigeria

30 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by BaddestQueen(f): 7:26am On Sep 29, 2023
Racoon:
It is expected! This is what you get when the undisputable capone king of touts, thugs, alayes, owomida miscreants, brigands and vandals.

This is the once dreaded former SSS of old now a shameless instrument of state terror and oppression @ the beck and call of anyone in power. DSS being used to settle civil police cases yet terrorists are having a field day running amok across this nation.
general Racoon
the slayer of omenka Corrinthians, Bliss62 aka Moh247
hahahahaha

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 29, 2023
Omo
Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Ofunaofu: 7:35am On Sep 29, 2023
sad
Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by VinnyBaba: 7:40am On Sep 29, 2023
DRUGGIE Tinubu is fast turning Nigeria into an Autocratic State! 😏🙁

28 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Vickym1(f): 7:46am On Sep 29, 2023
Nigeria don enter one chance in the hand of Tinubu boys buh Y do they Always make this particular statement that I'll kill you and nothing will happen? Chai.. What a corn-tree

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by bhella10: 7:50am On Sep 29, 2023
Sometimes you slap sense into some skulls 💀. That's okay. The law allows it. Well done ✅ bhoys

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Westerhoffe(m): 7:52am On Sep 29, 2023
undecided
Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by 22o62021: 7:59am On Sep 29, 2023
They just Wan drag President enter wetin he no know.

Make NBA sue them

16 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by wittywriter: 8:13am On Sep 29, 2023
Vagabonds In Power.

Wittyness

1 Like

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by ican2020: 8:26am On Sep 29, 2023
Was the Edo DSS person with gun when he was doing the slapping?

You are not with gun you slap me because you are a DSS president son you will collect the beating of your life

16 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by kabillionaire(m): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2023
When MC Olumo turn Aso rock into motor park?

14 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by springer: 8:39am On Sep 29, 2023
Lawlessness everywhere. Cartel Rulling The Jungle. Fraudsters, Certificate Syndicate

12 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by foxxydude: 8:55am On Sep 29, 2023
Tinubu's DSS is giving IBB's DSS vibes 😁

9 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by CloudTrees(f): 8:58am On Sep 29, 2023
Omo I read the whole story.
Its hard to fight the government's instrument of order. Even the CJN won't side with him no matter how legitimate his claims might be

10 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Praxis758: 9:22am On Sep 29, 2023
The lawyer don hammer if this were to be in US.

He just sue the officer and the agency with huge damages.

The court will award a huge monetary compensation while the officer(s) will loose their jobs.

16 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by STEWpid(f): 10:17am On Sep 29, 2023
Chai..

What are my doing hiar?

1 Like

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2023
If as a lawyer you don't know what to do, get the names of those guys and sue them individually not the DSS entity.let them pay through their nose

13 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Bigkoko: 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
Na to let the idiot retired & during old age to visit am to pay for the sleeps, at least he is no longer the president boy.

The west taught me one thing, never leave any grievance unpaid! That is why, no matter when you commit a crime against the state, you will collect!

That is why if you jones offend me..... i laugh in Spanish!

6 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by TANID(m): 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2023
Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by EDOSBROWN: 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2023
The law in Nigeria is only for the poor

8 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by kabillionaire(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2023
Bigkoko:
Na to let the idiot retired & during old age to visit am to pay for the sleeps, at least he is no longer the president boy.

The west taught me one thing, never leave any grievance unpaid! That is why, no matter when you commit a crime against the state, you will collect!

That is why if you jones offend me..... i laugh in Spanish!
That's how I'm patiently waiting for some idiots like that.

9 Likes

Re: Edo DSS Slaps Douglas Ogbankwa 7 Times by Natbrowny: 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2023
Who counted the slaps?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari / I Am Number 7 On Gej's Snipper List - El-rufai / Customs Officers And Policemen Clash In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.