Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive (14042 Views)

FG Targets Production Of Locally Made Vehicles By December / Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts / EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2023
Taylor92:
So was this how Tinubu developed Lagos in 1999?

I mean tax tax tax

At the end of all the taxing nothing I mean absolutely nothing to show for it

Too many taxation for a country that doesn’t pay tax refund to her citizens

[b] so what do you call all the rice they share, tax repair abi?

Tinubu you said you prepared 20yrs for this stolen presidency, so this was all you could come up with?

You’re a fowl [/b]
what do you want him to come up with? He should be dashing you money from where?

1 Like

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
Waterlilly:
fools, confused mudafuckers

they're going to get rich off your back
Are you sure they're the fools?

paying the tax is not the problem, but what happens after payment
it will force yet to vote wisely next time
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2023
Bimpe29:
Anything that would entrench wealth creations and economic stability is welcome.
it's not taxes
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
MrPOTUS:
undecided

That's how they keep deceiving the poor.

Poor people too go dey happy not knowing they're the ones that will suffer it at the end.
wages of Awoof is run bele
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2023
hulion:
This is how it's done in the real world
where is the real world? Nigeria is not real or what is the nonsense you're saying?
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2023
Legitiscool:
Same wealthy Nigerians are getting tax exemption while passing the pains to Nigeria
the reward for laziness
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2023
easytig:
Taxation and extortion,that is the only way tinubu sabi grow economy.atiku pls.win the certificate saga and come to the rescue of Nigerians
Nothing good can come from Pdp

1 Like

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2023
Curious346:
They better not try rubbish
or what?
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2023
Curious346:
Oh they want to steal from the rich right ?
will be passed on to the poor, don't worry
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2023
Akano5:
Shame to all those people backing Tinubu of this nonsense...

What goes around comes around, it will get to them -- and by then, nobody will speak for them
they will pass it on to you in higher prices
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2023
Babysho:
Taxing rich people that own our means of production, natural resources and our ports in a country where prices of goods are not regulated.

if they own it then it's not yours
Nobody stop you from owning means of production like the rich

In the end, the rich people will increase the cost of their goods and the poor people will suffer.

I hate Nigeria.

why
Do you think other countries don't raise taxes?

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2023
naijapower:
Companies are making billion ,because the leverage on what they have.
Nigeria has a population of over 100 million people, toll gate on strategic road is already earning government million daily.

which toll gate
They were destroyed, no govt toll gate in Nigeria

Removing Corporate tax will attract industries into Nigeria. Jobs will be created.

govt doesn't care about jobs
It caress about loot

Taxing wealth will cause the rich to hid the wealth in safe haven, which will affect consumptions locally.

not really, they just pass cost to consumers

Nigeria government at all lever should remove all tax and introduce services charges for strategic services. as it will boost competition among states,lga and fg.

govt will choose easier option

There are lot of services state,lga and fg can do to generate lots of revenue to cover budget
still a tax
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by FarmTech(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2023
Nice2023:

There is nothing good about it...if he does this,it will hit hard on the people.

This is a wrong policy for Nigerians.

U and I aren't importers of goods and services but the rich,so if u tax them anyhow,it will result in high cost of goods and services.

Shey,u are into farm feeds or farm tech,u will see the bandwagon effects very soon.

Remember the poor does not produce anything yet they good to the market.
But they said corporate tax will be reduced
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by COMPAQ(m): 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2023
DaddyJapan:
Long overdue.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/the-nigerian-billionaires-and-tinubus-tax-reform

Indeed. I wonder if Whizzkid, Davido, Rhema, Ayra Star, Nollywood stars etc pay Tax. Even Bola Tinubu and lll the politicians, where is their tax return?

There are many other folks too who do not pay income tax.

Landlords who collect rent
Food people who go to cater at parties
Comedans and MC's
Those who do business on social media
People who do property agent

Left to me, personal income tax act should be modified such that you can't do the following if you don't file your income tax annually;

Register a vehicle
Register land documents
Get a international passport
Get a driver's license
Buy an airplane ticket domestic or international
Utilize any form of public transport
Register your children in any school - private or public
Operate a bank account etc

1 Like

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Nice2023(m): 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
FarmTech:

But they said corporate tax will be reduced

Corporate tax does not solve our problems. For instance u tax Dangote based on what he produces. He will hike the price of cement just to cushion the effect of the burden of tax,meaning u and I will have to pay for it directly or indirectly even ur landlord will not spare u.

Back to Corporate tax...the employer particularly the govt will reduce the employee tax but he will pay high cost of it when he or she purchases pampass,milk,meat that is because,our govt don't produce anything at all. We are an import dependent country.
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by COMPAQ(m): 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2023
Funny enough rich Nigerians pay plenty property tax on their houses abroad.
But if tell them to pay property tax on their house in banana island, they will shout from here till tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Babysho(m): 7:23am On Sep 30, 2023
Cromagnon:

if they own it then it's not yours
Nobody stop you from owning means of production like the rich

why
Do you think other countries don't raise taxes?

Guy you annoy me to the point wey be say I grind my teeth, didn't know internet comments could do that to me. And I've found its not your comment per se, it's that there are still people like you who are on the lowest level of consciousness who side with their oppressors in 2023.

Nobody stop me from owning means of production? Then where's my land at birth? Where's my loan from the bank at reasonable interest rate? Where's my seat at the org where rich people like Dangote and Otedola owe us billions of dollars!

"Other countries" use all sort of different methods to control prices of their goods. They even set up publicly owned organisations just to compete with certain industries because you always have to check capitalism, it's very exploitative in nature.

In the end, I can't blame you. Our govt have completed the full cycle of oppression and doublespeak. They've purposely excluded subjects that's supposed to raise your consciousness from your syllabus.

I have an assignment for you, go read all the books on CLASS CONSCIOUSNESS you can find on Google. The solulu to your delulu is in a book, black man.
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Cromagnon: 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2023
Babysho:

Guy you annoy me to the point wey be say I grind my teeth, didn't know internet comments could do that to me. And I've found its not your comment per se, it's that there are still people like you who are on the lowest level of consciousness who side with their oppressors in 2023.

pointing facts is not siding with oppressor Mr man

Nobody stop me from owning means of production? Then where's my land at birth?

name one person with land at birth without paying a price for it you lazy bones?

.Where's my loan from the bank at reasonable interest rate? Where's my seat at the org where rich people like Dangote and Otedola owe us billions of dollars!

is loan a right? Na wa o
Bank should just dash you ppl savings because you said so?

"Other countries" use all sort of different methods to control prices of their goods.

name them

.They even set up publicly owned organisations just to compete with certain industries because you always have to check capitalism, it's very exploitative in nature.

name one successful one

In the end, I can't blame you. Our govt have completed the full cycle of oppression and doublespeak.

who is oppressing you
Is it their fault you're too dull to see through doublespeak?

.They've purposely excluded subjects that's supposed to raise your consciousness from your syllabus.

so you can't go and learn it on your own
Did they include sex classes how to take public transport or how to build a house?
Do you know how to nack or not ,are you homeless, or do you not transport yourself?

I have an assignment for you, go read all the books on CLASS CONSCIOUSNESS you can find on Google. The solulu to your delulu is in a book, black man.

I don't waste my time on victim Olympics
Get strong or get dead
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Babysho(m): 5:44am On Oct 04, 2023
Cromagnon:

pointing facts is not siding with oppressor Mr man

name one person with land at birth without paying a price for it you lazy bones?

is loan a right? Na wa o
Bank should just dash you ppl savings because you said so?

name them

name one successful one

who is oppressing you
Is it their fault you're too dull to see through doublespeak?

so you can't go and learn it on your own
Did they include sex classes how to take public transport or how to build a house?
Do you know how to nack or not ,are you homeless, or do you not transport yourself?

I don't waste my time on victim Olympics
Get strong or get dead

No, no, I assure you, you're siding with your opppresors.

Name one person with land at birth? The children of your opppresors are given free land at birth in any choice location in Nigeria.

Is loan a right? See, as a black man you must begin to evaluate everything you see and like I told you the answer is in books. The banks are built by people who steal our resources and then in the same breathe refuse to offer loans to the people they impoverished. Do you think poor people can start up banks? Regardless of the debt Otedola has, how come they still give him loans whereas you without debt stands no chance.

Lmao name them? If you've not heard of this, then you should not be starting arguments about economics. The rest of your questions are just silly.

From your last phrase, I can tell you've already aligned with your opppresors. Talking about "get strong or get dead" hoping to be an opppresor in the future but it'll never happen for you. They're lying to you because they know you're not class conscious. You go do yessir yessir till your back break.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Do Not Need ‘Goodluck’ But Hardwork – Atiku / April 11 Polls: ‘APC Plans To Use 'fake' Corpers To Rig Lagos Polls’ PDP Alleges / Senate Presidency: Saraki, Lawan’s Ambition Divides APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.