Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,735 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive (13994 Views)

FG Targets Production Of Locally Made Vehicles By December / Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts / EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by andy244: 8:37am On Sep 29, 2023
It will turn arround to hunt the economy cos the Oligarchs will still shift the burden to the clientele
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by DaddyJapan(m): 8:37am On Sep 29, 2023
easytig:
Taxation and extortion,that is the only way tinubu sabi grow economy.atiku pls.win the certificate saga and come to the rescue of Nigerians

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Picardor2: 8:38am On Sep 29, 2023
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by AntiChristian: 8:40am On Sep 29, 2023
I need to earn more to be taxed more!

So help me God!

1 Like

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Curious346: 8:41am On Sep 29, 2023
They better not try rubbish
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Curious346: 8:41am On Sep 29, 2023
Oh they want to steal from the rich right ?
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Curious346: 8:42am On Sep 29, 2023
They steal your hard earned money and then re-loot it..

Can't you see that the EFCC had been murdered ? None of you noticed it right ?

1 Like

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Akano5(m): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2023
Taylor92:
So was this how Tinubu developed Lagos in 1999?

I mean tax tax tax

At the end of all the taxing nothing I mean absolutely nothing to show for it

Too many taxation for a country that doesn’t pay tax refund to her citizens

Tinubu you said you prepared 20yrs for this stolen presidency, so this was all you could come up with?

You’re a fowl

That's why i hated him like Shiiit, he is a Bastard claiming Omoluabi

I knew this was gonna happen

1 Like

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by DaddyJapan(m): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2023
[quote author=Picardor2 post=126086133][/quote]

x
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by DaddyJapan(m): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2023
[quote author=Picardor2 post=126086133][/quote]

And you are clearly in need of a brain-reset.

Were you not taught manners at home?
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Couldntfigurean: 8:42am On Sep 29, 2023
This empty head man
I thank God he is there now,else Yoruba Muslims for don dey tell us how he would have made Nigeria like Singapore
Make him yansh dey open

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Akano5(m): 8:43am On Sep 29, 2023
Shame to all those people backing Tinubu of this nonsense...

What goes around comes around, it will get to them -- and by then, nobody will speak for them

1 Like

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Exceed15: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2023
He came with the cliche "let the poor breathe, he ended up suffocating the poor. Always using the poor to shine. Evil Party

1 Like

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Meti99(m): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2023
Just tell us you want to retax nigerians because these people you claim as target will definitely pass it on to ordinary Nigerians... This action will cause ncrease in prices of commodities

2 Likes

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by adewale2011(m): 8:46am On Sep 29, 2023
That's a nice development, let the poor breathe.

Get Swift Utilities for your Pi
We offer the Best Spot Rate for Pi
Message us on Whatsapp: /2349124394959
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by DaddyJapan(m): 8:48am On Sep 29, 2023
andy244:
It will turn arround to hunt the economy cos the Oligarchs will still shift the burden to the clientele

The FGN is trying to be fair to all.

The country’s tax system is bedeviled by overlapping local, state and federal jurisdictions, which helps the wealthy to slip through the cracks. The high number of different taxes, which he put at almost 70, also adds to complexity.

“We will find a way to create structures and systems around what taxes can be imposed, how it can be collected, who can collect it and how it should be accounted for,” he said. The goal is to slash the number of taxes down to single digits.

“We just identified the top eight giving us 99% of the taxes, so we keep them and the rest we get rid of,” he said.
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Bossma1: 8:48am On Sep 29, 2023
Moment Sam Larry was Arrested by Police As He Sneak into Nigeria
Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsPSe1vWxHc
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Babysho(m): 8:50am On Sep 29, 2023
Taxing rich people that own our means of production, natural resources and our ports in a country where prices of goods are not regulated.

In the end, the rich people will increase the cost of their goods and the poor people will suffer.

I hate Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by lizko(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2023
And u think all those tax collector's are remitting all the collected, even part of the procced from the crued all oil sell are not being remitted
DaddyJapan:
Long overdue.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/the-nigerian-billionaires-and-tinubus-tax-reform
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by FireUpNow(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2023
Tinubu .... Hahahaha
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by DaddyJapan(m): 9:00am On Sep 29, 2023
lizko:
And u think all those tax collector's are remitting all the collected, even part of the procced from the crued all oil sell are not being remitted

What you raised here is an entirely different matter.
In practically every country in the world, citizens worry about how well any taxes paid are managed by government.

Here is Tunisia's President proposing the same idea to his nation's Prime Minister.

During a meeting with Prime Minister Najla Bouden on Thursday, Saied floated the idea of “taking surplus money from the rich to give to the poor”, citing a quote attributed to Omar Ibn Al-Khattab, Islam’s second caliph.

“Instead of lifting subsidies in the name of rationalisation, it would be possible to introduce additional taxes on those who benefit from them without needing them,” Saied said, adding that he believed such a mechanism would mean the country would not have to bow down to foreign lenders.

Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/6/2/tax-the-wealthiest-to-avoid-imf-says-tunisias-president

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by EPIJOE: 9:06am On Sep 29, 2023
Taylor92:

I mean tax tax tax

Tinubu you said you prepared 20yrs for this stolen presidency, so this was all you could come up with?

You’re a fowl

Your hatred for this tinubu is at the highest extreme. Haba! U are always making fool of yourself. Some of us do come to the front page to read news and just looking at how and what approach the govt can do to take us out of this mess we found ourselves for over 8yrs of buhari's rule. And someone is preferring solutions. U are always saying all sorts of words because your candidate didn't win the election.

You should understand politics of Nigeria more than this.

Let's just pray for the president to do well. People like you if given the opportunity would not do jack.
Tinubu even have a listening hears. Does buhari have? Haba! Let's give this man a chance abeg. And stop constituting nuisance on all pages.
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by naijapower(m): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2023
Companies are making billion ,because the leverage on what they have.
Nigeria has a population of over 100 million people, toll gate on strategic road is already earning government million daily.
Removing Corporate tax will attract industries into Nigeria. Jobs will be created.
Taxing wealth will cause the rich to hid the wealth in safe haven, which will affect consumptions locally.
Nigeria government at all lever should remove all tax and introduce services charges for strategic services. as it will boost competition among states,lga and fg.
There are lot of services state,lga and fg can do to generate lots of revenue to cover budget

3 Likes

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Skillsnigeria: 9:08am On Sep 29, 2023
Hmmm
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Royceey(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2023
Only in Nigeria that it is a Crime to be Wealthy, you will suddenly become a target to Arm robbers, kidnappers and Federal Government.
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by DeepSight(m): 9:28am On Sep 29, 2023
Waterlilly:
fools, confused mudafuckers

paying the tax is not the problem, but what happens after payment

I love this! Reminds me of the statement by Idi Amin..... "Freedom of speech, I guarantee, but freedom after speech, I am not so sure."

2 Likes

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by backtovillage: 9:31am On Sep 29, 2023
Taylor92:

I mean tax tax tax

You’re a fowl
Sometime think before you talk
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Flier: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2023
heykims:
Tax should be designed for the rich to benefit the poir, such as the national health insurance scheme.
You can not tax the rich as they will pass the burden to the poor,Donald Trump government is a good case study.When you give tax benefit and holiday to the rich and wealthy,the wealth is passed to the poor but when you tax the rich heavily,the economy suffers and the poor get poorer and this why America thrive during Trump government.He had one of the best economy ever
It take high level of greed to be wealthy and you cant take that away from wealthy people,the more you tax them the more the burden they pass to the poor
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by michoim(m): 9:37am On Sep 29, 2023
Noise making as usual targeted at appeasing/deceiving Nigerian masses...
Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by Earthquakes: 9:38am On Sep 29, 2023
Obakoolex:
undecided Another wailing thread for the wailers as if they're among the rich the tax is been directed to.

Lol some of you lots are daft and hypocritical.
So your wealthy father or uncle pay excess tax without value or tax refund, don't you think it will have ripple effects on everything??
Noo because you no dey think. Lekki tall gate na only rich people dey pay am??

1 Like

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by 222Martins(m): 9:40am On Sep 29, 2023
grin grin grin I feel sorry for the poor because reducing Corporate tax is just another way of subsidizing the rich. You can't tax the rich grin grin They have zero or negligible expenses. They sometimes earn nothing from their companies but all their personal expenses are routed through their companies.

Remember Steve Jobs and Warren Buffett earning just $1 per year as salary? Remember how Americans went crazy when IRS revealed Donald Trump paid just $750 personal income tax per year even as a billionaire? See when it comes to money, it is a game. And the rich are miles ahead in this game? Or what do you think their lawyers, tax consultants and accountants are paid to do? grin grin grin grin

I see Luxembourg, Panama, Switzerland, and other tax havens attracting more client fund this year and subsequently. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive by ojun50(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2023
Then the wealthy Nigerians will tax the poor. If the government is serious let them by cutting costs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Two Factions Flex Muscles Over NEC Meeting / Alleged Fraud: Go To Court If Your Money Is Missing - Ayo Fayose / Why Do Nigerians Use Shocking Titles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.