Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State (5355 Views)

South East Leaders Converge On Enugu Airport To Witness Its Reopening / President Buhari, Party Leaders Hold APC Caucus Meeting (photos) / Southwest Governors, Stakeholders Hold Security Summit In Ibadan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by grassrootsig: 11:41pm On Sep 29, 2023
SOUTH EAST HOLDS ECONOMIC AND SECURITY SUMMIT IN OWERRI, IMO STATE.

... collaborating for a secure and prosperous future is a necessity for the Southeast.

Yesterday in Owerri, I attended the 2023 edition of the South-East Security and Economic Summit. Commenting on the event which was also attended by Governors of Imo, Anambra, Enugu and Abia States as well as the Deputy Governor of Ebonyi State who represented his governor and other political leaders of the geopolitical zone, I stressed the need for collaboration and synergy among the South-East states in order to address the security and economic challenges facing the region. I also highlighted the importance of security in attracting investments and promoting economic growth and emphasized the need for the governors and all elected representatives to work together in sharing intelligence, coordinating security operations, and implementing effective strategies to combat crime and insurgency in the region.

I also reiterated the need for governors in the region to study the system I invented in Nnewi and environs, and embrace native intelligence in tackling insecurity, and called for the establishment of a regional economic development commission that would coordinate and drive economic initiatives in the South-East. This commission would also facilitate collaboration among the states, attract investments, and promote economic integration within the region.

Furthermore, I discussed the potential of the South-East region in terms of economic development and job creation and urged the governors to prioritize infrastructure development, promote entrepreneurship, and create an enabling environment for businesses to thrive. I also emphasized the need for the South-East states to leverage their unique cultural heritage and tourism potentials to attract both local and international investors. I encouraged the governors to invest in tourism infrastructure, promote cultural festivals, and market the region as a tourist destination.

Security of lives and property is essential for economic growth and development. When people feel safe and secure in their homes and communities, they are more likely to invest in businesses, buy homes, and engage in economic activities. This creates a positive cycle of economic growth, as increased investment and consumer spending lead to job creation and higher incomes. It also attracts foreign direct investment, as businesses are more likely to invest in places or regions with stable and secure environments. Security is also crucial for the functioning of critical infrastructure and services. Industries such as transportation, energy, and telecommunications rely on secure systems to operate efficiently and disruption or threat to these systems can have severe economic consequences.

As we work towards creating a peaceful and secure geopolitical zone, ndแป‹ Igbo should always work closely with constituted authorities to make the vision a dream come true.

Senator (Dr) Ifeanyi Ubah, CON
Anambra South Senatorial District
September 29, 2023.

2 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Dpen11(f): 11:43pm On Sep 29, 2023
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by grassrootsig: 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2023
Southeast holds economic and security summit

2 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by grassrootsig: 11:46pm On Sep 29, 2023
Southeast holds economic and security summit in owerri

1 Like

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by grassrootsig: 11:48pm On Sep 29, 2023
Southeast holds economic and security summit in owerri.

2 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by grassrootsig: 12:00am On Sep 30, 2023
Southeast holds economic and security summit in owerri Imo State

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by oyebanji44: 1:07am On Sep 30, 2023
How can they prosper with sit at down order from Ekpa.?. grin grin

A region where economic activity is being grounded everytime. Olodo governors. grin

Just know that if the situation is bad in south west it Will be worse in south east like Sodom... grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by emmabest2000(m): 6:57am On Sep 30, 2023
There are insecurity in the east
But Imo state is the worst state in terms of insecurity

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by SmartPolician: 6:58am On Sep 30, 2023
Nothing useful was mentioned there, apart from Abia State planning to build a seaport. I hope he does a proper feasibility study though.

I expected to hear these people talk about how to set up gas-fired power plants to improve the economy of the region.

How can Nigeria of 220 million people be generating 4megawatts of power and the so-called leaders sleep well at night?

6 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by AntiChristian: 7:00am On Sep 30, 2023
Hope IPobi, Ipoby, Oha and other Igbos on Nairaland wey dey hide for Lagos and outside SE would be able to attend the meeting?

Abi na zoom meeting?

Why can't dey fix it on a Monday?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:01am On Sep 30, 2023
oyebanji44:
How can they prosper with sit at down order from Ekpa.?. grin grin

A region where economic activity is being grounded everytime. Olodo governors. grin

Just know that if the situation is bad in south west it Will be worse in south east

You joke too much.. mind u no single igbo person has come out to beg for food unlike ronu people who steal rice from a moving van.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by NwaAdazzi(m): 7:02am On Sep 30, 2023
Obodo Anyi ga di mma!!!!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by haveMONEY: 7:03am On Sep 30, 2023
God blessed old eastern Nigeria

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Creamypie(m): 7:03am On Sep 30, 2023
South east na dead zone

4 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by sammirano2: 7:09am On Sep 30, 2023
These people do not understand how to work in unity for a shared goal. Individualistic tendencies is all they know, which accounts for the level of development over there. Well, it's good they are rethinking their steps, if truly they are rethinking.

1 Like

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by crestedaguiyi: 7:11am On Sep 30, 2023
Who be this guy

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:12am On Sep 30, 2023
Creamypie:
South east na dead zone

Have u ever been there.. just because u here what is going in imo state u feel it's like that everywhere. Please pray harder cos ur prayers are not working.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Creamypie(m): 7:14am On Sep 30, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Have u ever been there.. just because u here what is going in imo state u feel it's like that everywhere. Please pray harder cos ur prayers are not working.
look at u. I live in asaba for your info.if u dare mention me again, I will give at least 8 instances where I got first hand experience in the east. Just get fake courage mention me just once

2 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:16am On Sep 30, 2023
Creamypie:
look at u. I live in asaba for your info.if u dare mention me again, I will give at least 8 instances where I got first hand experience in the east. Just get fake courage mention me just once

Keep praying hard god will answer your prayer๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Cmanforall: 7:19am On Sep 30, 2023
grassrootsig:
SOUTH EAST HOLDS ECONOMIC AND SECURITY SUMMIT IN OWERRI, IMO STATE.

... collaborating for a secure and prosperous future is a necessity for the Southeast.

What if these are the people behind some of the insecurity in the region undecided
Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Austineva2: 7:20am On Sep 30, 2023
Surely, they shall gather but any gathering that is not for the 'Release of our Odogwu Maazi Nnamdi Kanu' in hundred ways they shall scatter

The disintegration of the zoo is non negotiable and there is absolutely nothing anybody can do about it, not bombs, barrels of guns, missiles can stop that

3 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Dpen11(f): 7:22am On Sep 30, 2023
Everything would be alright
Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Dpen11(f): 7:23am On Sep 30, 2023
Creamypie:
South east na dead zone

For your mind?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Dpen11(f): 7:24am On Sep 30, 2023
NwaAdazzi:
Obodo Anyi ga di mma!!!!

Amen

1 Like

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by callmevirus(m): 7:26am On Sep 30, 2023
Dogar:
Please dear people of Nairaland forgive me,
Have mercy on me, if I can help myself I won't be here begging for your help, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland.
I'm ย celestineย am 31 year of age frm Enugu State Awgu L G A.I have a spine injury @ neck that has have keeps me indoor mostly for d past 15 years.It also affected my hand making me not able to use my finger normally i.e I can't pick up thing from floor.
my problem now is that life has been very difficult for us I and my aged mom.to provide feeding and some medicine is hard,
I don't have anything doing for now.living with pains and bed sore on both Buttocks and continual urine Infection,Not able to Go for
routine hospital visit due lack of funds.
Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid, my mom has been sick for long due to complications of poorly manage dia-betes and BP.
I'm asking for your financial help to enable go for medical, the last doctor i see said I need to do MRI scan test, which I don't have the funds for now,pls no matter how
Small it will enable us get some medicine,food and other basic items for my daily SCI cares.
I depend on some daily medical supplies for survival pls I need your help.
Acct :

Celestine
First Bank
Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for video call/physical verification my phone number and address is not hidden. Watch the video below to confirm .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLoJF8Q_6zE

please come to my aid I don't have any other choice, I'm not a scammer if to say life was a little bit easy for me I won't be doing this always I can prove my condition beyond any reasonable doubt. thanks and remain blessed

My man how many accounts do you have? Are you not tired of this local you dey do?
If you're not in this condition you're claiming to be may God bring it to you hundred folds

2 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Amah70: 7:32am On Sep 30, 2023
In Imo state where its governor has practically reduced every part, except the capital city, to become a jungle.
Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Amah70: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2023
emmabest2000:
There are insecurity in the east
But Imo state is the worst state in terms of insecurity
Imo is worst because the governor of Imo state started the insecurity in Orlu to drown the city because of his old bile against people of Orlu. Surprisingly to him, the insecurity spread to other parts of the south east.

2 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Keme4Real(f): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2023
Sellouts
Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Keme4Real(f): 7:49am On Sep 30, 2023
Pictures don finish my data
Re: South East Leaders Hold Economic And Security Summit In Imo State by Corrinthians(m): 7:57am On Sep 30, 2023
They be looking like they know. Just look at them.

Look at the walrus called Iwanyawu. "Leaders". ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

When they can't be like you, they HATE you. cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ss And Se Contribute 91 Percent Of Federal Revenue / Can This Convention Cure Ailing PDP? -the Nation / Atiku Launches 2019 Presidential Ambition In Full Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.