Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite (22221 Views)

NLC, TUC To Tinubu: We Are Not After Your Job, Fulfill Our Agreement / NLC, TUC To Ground Activities Nationwide From Oct 3 / Subsidy Removal: NLC, TUC To Meet Tinubu’s Team Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by HenryWilliams(m): 9:16am On Sep 30, 2023
Foodhome23:
Initial gra gra, finally it will be call off on Monday night as usual.

Your wisdom is not of this world
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by seunmsg(m): 9:18am On Sep 30, 2023
na2016:

Do you feed off Tinubu and the APC? Haven't you read that the government has abandoned the trade unions and is not answering them yet they (government) keep saying to the public that salaries and all will be increased?

Everything should not be viewed from a partisan lens. FG still invited Labour for engagement yesterday and they refused to show up. What will they achieve with the strike? How will the strike stop Tinubu from eating or help Peter Obi to become president?

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by Numerouno94(m): 9:19am On Sep 30, 2023
seunmsg:
Going on strike before the payment of September salary is ill advised. Where will the workers you claim to be fighting for get the money to stock food at home?

Labour really needs to be strategic and stop behaving like an arm of Peter Obi’s Labour Party. A partisan Labour union led by a partisan ethnic bigot will ultimately not help the cause of the workers.

Engagement is the only way. Sit down with the FG and other representatives of employers of Labour and engage them till a common ground is found. Shutting down the country will hurt the workers more than the government.

It's irritating and annoying at the same time. How can u go on strike when workers have not bn paid for the month of September? Who do us like this for this country?
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by CharleyBright(m): 9:19am On Sep 30, 2023
shiki:
You are on NL typing rubbish without even knowing the demands of NLC and TUC, you don't even know that NLC does not cover only govt workers.

Werey, what was NLC demands. Does it include any of the demands I pointed out?

Read below . Mumu

https://guardian.ng/news/nlc-makes-demands-to-avert-impending-strike/
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by emmyN(m): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2023
Tinubu's propaganda machine are on this thread to dissuade the minds of people.

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by Numerouno94(m): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well... The strike is firmly in Tinubu's hands.

If he wants the strike averted, he just needs to open up and tell Labor leaders the whole truth.

Labor leaders are not making impossible demands... All they are asking for is something called TRANSPARENCY.

Make labour wait make we collect our September salary abeg.
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by jayAjoku(m): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2023
These jokers will return to office in a few days
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by na2016: 9:28am On Sep 30, 2023
seunmsg:

Everything should not be viewed from a partisan lens. FG still invited Labour for engagement yesterday and they refused to show up. What will they achieve with the strike? How will the strike stop Tinubu from eating or help Peter Obi to become president?

I asked again, are you feeding off Tinubu and APC? If you were to be Labour, would you have honoured such an invite at this time? What stopped your government from meeting up the demands or having agreements as promised to be done by August 30th, 2023? Except you don't have human compassion, except you are tribalistic, you wouldn't be speaking in support of what this government is doing. What has this particular government done right to cushion the effect of hardship Nigerians are facing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by kalvoken(m): 9:29am On Sep 30, 2023
seunmsg:
Going on strike before the payment of September salary is ill advised. Where will the workers you claim to be fighting for get the money to stock food at home?

Labour really needs to be strategic and stop behaving like an arm of Peter Obi’s Labour Party. A partisan Labour union led by a partisan ethnic bigot will ultimately not help the cause of the workers.

Engagement is the only way. Sit down with the FG and other representatives of employers of Labour and engage them till a common ground is found. Shutting down the country will hurt the workers more than the government.

Skull full of ogbono soup, is worse than an empty one.
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by onadana: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2023
seunmsg:

Shut the he....l..l up
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by enemyofprogress: 9:37am On Sep 30, 2023
I'm so excited. See as my body just dey sweet me. Na this kind thing I dey always pray for to happen in Nigeria.

Midehi3, Dpen11, ajepako, fatymore, folake4u, funkybabee, Sweetplum, odefagirl and sister Mynd44 if una like make una no stock una kitchens. Hunger go mama all of una finish. I won't chair my foods with any of you.
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:38am On Sep 30, 2023
Thunder go faya dis ppl if dem call off dis strike wen govt refuse to return fuel back to less than #200!

angry

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by Risingsunn: 9:38am On Sep 30, 2023
seunmsg:

how much them pay you? Get out. Fool

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:39am On Sep 30, 2023
seunmsg:

shurrup!

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by Risingsunn: 9:40am On Sep 30, 2023
Thunder fire any idiot that comes here to defend the government. E no go better for you and your entire family.

2 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by Abimbola29(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
The only thing that irritates me is when the government is telling the masses to endure, while top politicians are sharing billions on daily basis.
If tinubu was a serious human being, he would have started by reducing the cost of governance in Nigeria.
A sanators weekly allowance in Nigeria is enough to feed 5000 Nigerians.
Nigeria is indeed a failed nation.
Exactly my brother God bless you
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by amadiwati(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2023
No be if you get money to stuck 😄
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by Bimpe29: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2023
It must be total and indefinite strike. We have been taken for granted since 29th May, 2023. It didn't take GEJ longer time to reverse the unpopular subsidy removal and put up the defunct SURE-P.
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by UptownVibes(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2023
These people are working with the FG. Forget these stories.. A night before that day,the proposed strike will be suspended grin You see that corn,bolle and cassava. APC members must chop am to the fullest . Stupid people..
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by Tzar(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2023
I don’t understand these people. You say you are fighting for salary increment for ONLY civil servants, yet you want ALL Nigerians to not work for your selfish reasons?!
I don’t get it!
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by ConfidentialDoc: 9:54am On Sep 30, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
The only thing that irritates me is when the government is telling the masses to endure, while top politicians are sharing billions on daily basis.
If tinubu was a serious human being, he would have started by reducing the cost of governance in Nigeria.
A sanators weekly allowance in Nigeria is enough to feed 5000 Nigerians.
Nigeria is indeed a failed nation.

I was in Cuba in 2019, just went out of curiosity and also to have some downtime...mehn...we saw the real Cuba...we ended up joining queue in street for bread, provisions etc. Waiting for the hotel was a waste of time....

My point is all the locals said this was perfectly normal...no complaints, no protest...seems that is the dream tinubu has for Nigerians...he will fail.
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by shiki(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2023
You don't know what you are saying, you said NLC is for government workers alone. I will not answer you again ODE
CharleyBright:

Werey, what was NLC demands. Does it include any of the demands I pointed out?

Read below . Mumu

https://guardian.ng/news/nlc-makes-demands-to-avert-impending-strike/

Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by CharleyBright(m): 10:06am On Sep 30, 2023
shiki:
You don't know what you are saying, you said NLC is for government workers alone. I will not answer you again ODE

Dude I can lecture you on matters of Labour Unions .
NLC is supposed to be fighting for the interest of organised labour and the informal sector (unorganized labour).
But they seem to be fighting for interest of organised labour - civil and public service and abandoning the informal sector.
That's what I meant.

Let me know if u need more lectures on what constitutes the informal sector.
Mumu.
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by drtee247(m): 10:06am On Sep 30, 2023
Stock food when tinubu intentionally refused to pay FG workers
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by Light777(f): 10:06am On Sep 30, 2023
Opanka44:

Federal workers have been paid September salaries already
which federal workers? Say what you know bro..
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by onyxo76(m): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2023
seunmsg:

as if all the sitting down with FG has achieved anything so far, you speak of common ground, what has FG done to reach a common ground with labour union- nothing. Except appeals and threat of court orders etc.
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by tallfish145(m): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2023
chokekachy:
•State NLC, TUC chapters mobilise workers to shut down economy
•We are ready for troublemakers —Lagos police

https://tribuneonlineng.com/labour-leaders-tell-nigerians-stock-food-at-home-strike-will-be-total/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2DWhNU1ZKqcGErw2o4So0kUCYf8QkGhlIKfhubVzjXLVnLSEK5XsaX33A#Echobox=1696057090

Why is leaders from the yeast not saying anything or is it because they are used to sit_@home
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by pendragonbladgo(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2023
Which food will they stock?

Expect more deaths troll and poverty expansion....
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by Proudlyomonna: 10:20am On Sep 30, 2023
accordadoga30:

Hehehe

What do you expect when the NLC has an ipobic president??

His own is just for Nigerians to sit at home as they do in the SE.

Everything about them is Nzogbu Nzogbu.

They don’t do their calculations.

Hahaha so Ayuba is now SE too grin grin

You go soon comot clothe run enter market dey shout Igbo aaaghh, Igbo yooo grin

You have proven that truly tribalist no dey ever make sense grin
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by skyp(m): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2023
Will this strike affect foreign airline?
Re: NLC, TUC to Nigerians: Stock food at home, it will be total and indefinite by Proudlyomonna: 10:21am On Sep 30, 2023
onyxo76:

as if all the sitting down with FG has achieved anything so far, you speak of common ground, what has FG done to reach a common ground with labour union- nothing. Except appeals and threat of court orders etc.

That person you quoted is a zombie, his only destiny in life is to wail and cry Igbo aaaghh, Igbo yooo till him go die enter grave grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Binta Mamman Impeached As Niger State House Of Assembly Leader / Fayose Condemns Removal Of Wike’s CSO, Accuses FG / I Have No Apology For Supporting The Ejection Of Jonathan From Office - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.