Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About (67481 Views)

Photos of Many Unseen Projects By Yahaya Bello in Kogi / Check Out Road Projects By Governor Yahaya Bello In Kogi / Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Samtob90(m): 9:34pm On Sep 30, 2023
Varunpulyani:
For those who don't understand the meaning of white elephant.

It just simply means bojo boju. The more you look the less you see .

Of course they are beautiful oh so precious, but the purpose of building it is useless because it will eventually end up in ruins .

First on the list we start with bobo Chicago Dubai.

When you ask the Ronu nomenclatures what did Bola do in Lagos them go dey do erhmm ermmm.

OGA what did he do ? Erhmmmm but he build Eco Atlantic.

Now Eco Atlantic is a white elephant project.

To even start with it's not for the common man , middle class or what you classify as rich .

Only super rich.

To make you understand a rent in eco Atlantic for one of the semi building partially completed is more than 3 million for 1 bedroom flat.

Uncompleted building o.

Lagos - Perennially uncompleted, environmentally unsustainable, hilariously expensive, private-sector-led-but-distinctly-Ajaokuta-esque, Tesco-value Dubai off the coast of Victoria Island.

Looks sexy in its glossy Autocad renders though.

Courtesy the only slayer of giants
With these white elephants projects, your people still pack themselves like fish inside night bus to that same lagos, your london onitsha is there oo, despite the best education by your obi, nobody wants to school there.
Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:36pm On Sep 30, 2023
NOwazobia:
Na the Eko wey he mention pain you like this... 😳

I thought he touched on every state...

Maybe na my eye dey pain me sha. 😒

The guy has glaucoma, not his fault bro.

2 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Testimony1988(m): 9:43pm On Sep 30, 2023
Varunpulyani:
Owerri - City of Statues

What happens when you pay N500 million for a pregnant white elephant and she gives birth to quadruplets. A Rochas special.
hahahaha, the work of Okorocha the statues former governor.

3 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by FlawlessKarl: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2023
MTNnews:
If you like be from hellfire. The OP only include project from the East after my comment if anyone is not OK with my comment the person can go n kill him or herself

I have no reason to doubt that most YOrubas like you are the most dumbest and dullest thing on earth. Check the time you make your tribal comment and check the time the Op made the post, you'll see how fóolish you are.

And what makes you think the op is an Igbo, if not for the endless hate you have for the Igbo tribe. Foolish you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 30, 2023
Varunpulyani:
Calabar - Calabar Monorail

The double distinction of being the shortest rail line in Nigeria and also the most unviable as it connects one white elephant calf to an adult white bull elephant.

Visionary,

This one I don enter am for 2017. From tinapa to tinapa. Shortest in history really.

1 Like

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Kobojunkiee: 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2023
Testimony1988:
hahahaha, the work of Okorocha the status former governor.
That man deserves to be flogged in public in full view of those statues. : undecided

5 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by YouAreNobody: 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2023
Tunde835:
Why dont you go and ask Sanwoolu
Lolzzzzz..... Shameful

1 Like

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by themanderon: 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2023
MTNnews:
Hate will not kill you igbos.
To the well meaning Nigerians that think Igbos only hate Fulani Hausa Yoruba you can see that Delta n Akwa ibom weren't spared in this clown bigoted criticism.

If I list abandoned project in Igboland I will still be listing till Jesus return but I rather not be consumed with endemic n irredeemable hate like the OP.

The Eko Atlantic you badmouth tomorrow igbos will claim they built it that is how low a despicable pig like the OP can go.

Kilo man sheyin bayi? Did you not see where he mentioned Abia and Ebonyi airports as unviable? Why do you guys always see things through the lens of tribalism? I myself I am sad that the billions that should have been spent on human capital development was plunged down the drain by different misguided and inept governors from all over Nigeria.
Look at the one of Cross river state that just came in a few months ago talking about building a befitting governors office for 5billion naira as if the place has been abandoned for ages and he is doing this in the midst of biting poverty. I truly don't know what is wrong with us as a people and as a nation.

2 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by YouAreNobody: 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2023
walefresh3:
shutup .. u talk more than the bereaved... Still lagos is not complaining... the input and the output we benefits the state in the nearest future...

Let the dilapidated infrastructures be of cursed alaigbo be your worries...
You guys are disgracing yourself and your fellow Yorubas with your stupiditƴ

2 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by tctrills: 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2023
Tunde835:
It's like a ripple effect that influences the economy. Eko atlantic equals more investment for victoria island which also means more businesses to tax which means more revenue for lagos which means more infrastructure and projects like lagos metro that benefits the average lagosian.
This can only happen when the structures are completed and rented.

1 Like

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by azpekuliar: 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2023
Years back a thread like this would have been a sure bet nominee for Nairaland thread of the year, but these days mentally unhinged tribal warriors like MTNnews who have completely overun this forum no go gree. Smh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2023
MTNnews:
To the well meaning Nigerians that think Igbos only hate Fulani Hausa Yoruba you can see that Delta n Akwa ibom weren't spared in this clown bigoted criticism.

If I list abandoned project in Igboland I will still be listing till Jesus return but I rather not be consumed with endemic n irredeemable hate like the OP.

The Eko Atlantic you badmouth tomorrow igbos will claim they built it that is how low a despicable pig like the OP can go.
You are a dunderhead (no apologies). Eat a bunch of onions and read again. He listed a handful of white elephant projects in the southeast as well.

2 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Kobojunkiee: 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2023
Tunde835:
It's like a ripple effect that influences the economy. Eko atlantic equals more investment for victoria island which also means more businesses to tax which means more revenue for lagos which means more infrastructure and projects like lagos metro that benefits the average lagosian.
At this point, as it was back in 2008, these we can only dream will be the case. lipsrsealed
Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Styluss: 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2023
I didnt even read that, I think the quote means david hundeyin
AfonjaEkiti:

Exactly my point and he used the nickname of David slayer of giants (Goliath)

1 Like

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by YouAreNobody: 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2023
omoadeleye:
You people supporting Peter Obi are so dumb, I don't know the fetish y'all have for Lagos and Tinubu.

You wanted to mention the white elephant project in Lagos, you decided to write an article about it.

But, when it comes to other states you were just salient on them.

Don't you guys need to visit a psychiatrist?

I'm happy with the way you guys are disgracing your fellow Yorubas thinking you're hurting Igbos. 🤣🤣🤣

Sophistication in the mud

5 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by lapintoz: 9:56pm On Sep 30, 2023
Oponu....please show us the picture of your village.

Eko Atlantic City is reclaimed ocean bed done with zero government funds.

Ani oloribuku ni eyin people yi.

DOT IN A CIRCLE people

Meanwhile no meaningful dev in your state only gully erosion. Flat head
Varunpulyani:
For those who don't understand the meaning of white elephant.

It just simply means bojo boju. The more you look the less you see .

Of course they are beautiful oh so precious, but the purpose of building it is useless because it will eventually end up in ruins .

First on the list we start with bobo Chicago Dubai.

When you ask the Ronu nomenclatures what did Bola do in Lagos them go dey do erhmm ermmm.

OGA what did he do ? Erhmmmm but he build Eco Atlantic.

Now Eco Atlantic is a white elephant project.

To even start with it's not for the common man , middle class or what you classify as rich .

Only super rich.

To make you understand a rent in eco Atlantic for one of the semi building partially completed is more than 3 million for 1 bedroom flat.

Uncompleted building o.

Lagos - Perennially uncompleted, environmentally unsustainable, hilariously expensive, private-sector-led-but-distinctly-Ajaokuta-esque, Tesco-value Dubai off the coast of Victoria Island.

Looks sexy in its glossy Autocad renders though.

Courtesy the only slayer of giants
Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by YouAreNobody: 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2023
georgeakins:

Why would a reasonable person call Eko Atlantic an elephant project?

Ibos should channel their frustration elsewhere.

Yotuba are not responsible for the array of bad leaders that litter their region. It has been like that since the days of Azikwe

Elephant projects are rare in Yoruba land.

Everything to you ingrates is Igbo vs Yoruba. Useless clowns who can't seem to think beyond tribal hate😒

1 Like

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by lapintoz: 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2023
How can you hurt a dot in a circle. It is meaningless. 😃😃😃

Buhari completely ignored your people and their flat.heads. Tinubu is doing the same.

We will just give it vack to you to show you do not matter.

You see any hausa fulani man answer you....they don't have your time. But they know your kind can never rule over them. Know this and know peace.
YouAreNobody:

I'm happy with the way you guys are disgracing your fellow Yorubas thinking you're hurting Igbos. 🤣🤣🤣

Sophistication in the mud
Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Uchek(m): 10:01pm On Sep 30, 2023
Na this one spoil my hand?

Varunpulyani:
Port Harcourt - Amaechi Monorail

So well designed, conceived and executed that he was made federal transport minister by his famously intelligent boss.
Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by YouAreNobody: 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2023
forgiveness:

That's the primary reason for eko Atlantic.....novice.

To you it's nonsense but for the inhabitants of Lagos state, it was the solution for protecting their ancestral land and billion dollars worth of investments from submerging under the sea. Do you understand? grin

Guy you've been parrotting this same rubbish over and over again.

Eko atlantic wasn't built to protect Lagos from the raging ocean. There are better structures for that. Eko atlantic was meant to be a business/entertainment district. Even the shore breaks there will do nothing to keep out heavy waves

2 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Fahd11: 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2023
Obi's projects in Anambra.......
Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by YouAreNobody: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2023
MTNnews:

I'm happy with the way you guys are happily disgracing the Yoruba tribe thinking you're doing the Igbos 😁

Please do more

2 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by DesChyko: 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2023
MTNnews:

Why foaming in the mouth though?

1 Like

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by YouAreNobody: 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2023
lapintoz:
How can you hurt a dot in a circle. It is meaningless. 😃😃😃

Buhari completely ignored your people and their flat.heads. Tinubu is doing the same.

We will just give it vack to you to show you do not matter.

You see any hausa fulani man answer you....they don't have your time. But they know your kind can never rule over them. Know this and know peace.
Wetin concern me. It's not as if Nigeria is now developed after the years y'all have been ruling so......not my business😉

1 Like

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by PHAYOL81: 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
who did they build it for

FOR a project that's just injected over half a billion dollars into the economy through the new US consulate, you must have been high on Ariara weed to call it white elephant project, especially as it's even a private property. FOR the record, that's about everything a certain sector had injected into our national economy in 5years, more or less.
And like they have been telling you, Nigeria masses are the employees building those projects on it, earning their living and learning new skills from the expatriates leading them. Throw in future running cost of facilities/projects therein, future taxes, and the future employment for the un/skilled labour outside construction and then, you're looking at good investment on the short and long term.
Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Kobojunkiee: 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2023
YouAreNobody:
Guy you've been parrotting this same rubbish over and over again.
Eko atlantic wasn't built to protect Lagos from the raging ocean. There are better structures for that. Eko atlantic was meant to be a business/entertainment district. Even the shore breaks there will do nothing to keep out heavy waves
He was doing it with so much confidence too that it baffled me. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by BossGerald: 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2023
Tunde835:
I'd rather live in an area like the SW with billion dollar elephant projects where the economy thrives than SE without any elephant projects and they crumble to erosion.

Hehehe, who asked you to leave your mud brown roof house to come live in the east??

1 Like

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by DesChyko: 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2023
Anyiamaka:

Your opinions are not good for public consumption. It is silly to have such comments passed on a good analysis done by an independent citizen that simply points out how public funds should not be wasted.
You need more education, a broader knowledge and a better sense of judgement. Regardless, you are an adult and you can choose to be perpetually stupid.

Haaa.

I thought you are just trying to advise somebody's child?

1 Like

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Programmer47: 10:20pm On Sep 30, 2023
YouAreNobody:

Everything to you ingrates is Igbo vs Yoruba. Useless clowns who can't seem to think beyond tribal hate😒

They are all paid Apc members. They were told to push as much bigotry as they can I the hopes of a P.A job.
Georgeakins, lapintoz, Mtnnews are just some of the accounts.
They usually rotate it to seem like they have numbers but it's probably just 5-10 old NL accounts with multiple monikers.
You can see them in every thread trying to drive the divide.

There is a video of Adeshina Prince on twitter where he was listing his achievements to the Ex Governor of Ekiti, Mr Oyetola.
All he could list was :
- I made a twitter post bla bla ...
- I countered obidients on twitter
- I did counter protest ...

Once I saw that video I understood the mindset of most of these mob. Don't take them seriously. Even they, before going to bed , must surely laugh at their own stupidity

3 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by ONNYX: 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2023
lazkizz:
yes the stadium is the only thing saving us from international disgrace when it comes to Football matches in Nigeria soil.

Very sad that you think that among the ownership of a stadium ranks over and above other considerations. How has the stadium benefitted the common man residing in Akwa Ibom State?

1 Like

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by DesChyko: 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2023
This is a GOAT of threads. Should be pinned up there in the Crime or Politics section so we'd always remember who the enemies of the people's progress are

4 Likes

Re: See White Elephant Projects By Nigerian Politicians Which You Clap About by Ensa777(f): 10:27pm On Sep 30, 2023
MTNnews:

But David Hundeyin who tweeted this originallly is your brother,a lagosian before this blogger harvested it to Nl.

The way and manner Igbo ppl dey una mouth eeeeh.Tufiakwa!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu In Secret Trial Courtroom As Binta Nyako Storms Out (Photos) / Seven States Discontinue Suit Against Tinubu's Electoral Victory / Tinubu Laughing Warmly With Ambode And Sanwo-Olu At APC Convention (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.