Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. (1234 Views)

Boko Haram Fixes Marital Age For Girls At 12 Years In Niger State / Gani Adams: Bandits Mining Our Gold In South-West - Aare Ona Kakanfo / Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by Crimecity: 3:35am On Oct 01, 2023
FASTEST GIRL IN NIGERIA! πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Team Anambra's Lucy Nwankwo is the new 100m National Youth Champion, showing grit and wanting it more to cross the line in 12.29s. Nwankwo clinched the GOLD πŸ₯‡ medal, in fact it was 1-2 finish for Anambra state, with Chigozie Nwankwo coming in 2nd πŸ₯ˆwith a time of 12.33s. Team Kwara's Favour Sunday got the Bronze πŸ₯‰medal, finishing 3rd in a 12.55s.

The Nwankwos' delivered for Anambra State πŸ‘πŸ‘
https://twitter.com/MakingOfChamps/status/1708160019554775130?t=VFk6f4hx4oyM6PjcALYlcg&s=19

5 Likes

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by Crimecity: 3:35am On Oct 01, 2023
When an U15 is running 12secs, it's just a matter of time they start chasing Shelly Ann Frazer's records.

All of these reminds me of fedicol games. I hope these young stars are followed up. If not, these will all be for nothing.

Congrats to the girls. Igbo Amaka!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by Zupay: 3:59am On Oct 01, 2023
Nice one, I hope their handlers guide them well and see to it that they get athletic scholarships to Universities in the US, for better growth as they would waste away if they remain in Nigeria after their secondary school education.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by Boogyman557: 4:40am On Oct 01, 2023
vv
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by tollyboy5(m): 5:10am On Oct 01, 2023
Omo usain bolt leleyi cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by ican2020: 5:17am On Oct 01, 2023
This is amazing wishing her great more success ahead IJN

We want to see the video
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:35am On Oct 01, 2023
Impressive! πŸ†πŸ…

1 Like

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 5:43am On Oct 01, 2023
Brown roof demon and hate children no go see this good news and comment, if na bad news now about AlaIgbo you go see them sneaking out of their mud holes house

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by Farmerforgoats: 6:06am On Oct 01, 2023
You need to wake up to Joy.

SeunOsewaIsDiot:
Brown roof demon and hate children no go see this good news and comment, if na bad news now about AlaIgbo you go see them sneaking out of their mud holes house

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by SmartPolician: 6:16am On Oct 01, 2023
Nigerian Athletes Federation should pick these girls and start training and developing them more. That's how a country grows in athletes. Congratulations to the winners.

By the way, how can a National Youth Games be taking place and we don't get daily updates on Nairaland but you people would rather bombard us with some useless BBNaija updates? Even the mods create BBNaija threads themselves! undecided

8 Likes

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by ATankado: 6:29am On Oct 01, 2023
They should conduct doping test on them to avoid the case of Mmesoma repeating itself.
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by ATankado: 6:30am On Oct 01, 2023
wink
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by accordadoga30(f): 6:36am On Oct 01, 2023
Congrats young woman.

Igbo amaka!!!

Make we celebrate you make e no be like say we are envious of the pigs

1 Like

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by potent5(m): 7:03am On Oct 01, 2023
Sophisticated rice bandit.
ATankado:
They should conduct doping test on them to avoid the case of Mmesoma repeating itself.

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by DatNiggaDaz: 7:10am On Oct 01, 2023
ATankado:

1 Like

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by yemmit90: 7:27am On Oct 01, 2023
Zupay:
Nice one, I hope their handlers guide them well and see to it that they get athletic scholarships to Universities in the US, for better growth as they would waste away if they remain in Nigeria after their secondary school education.

That is why your country may never move forward. You want a country you can proudly called yours, yet you want every good thing to be remove from her? Instead of you to encourage sport commission to nurture these young talents to become great athletes that will make your country proud, you are here advising their handlers to export them to USA.

The same stupid mentality that made your leaders think their homes doesn't deserve to be good but western countries.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by Typing: 7:33am On Oct 01, 2023
Anambra Girls no dey fine grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by KingLennon(m): 7:34am On Oct 01, 2023
I pray the US grant them scholarships to study there. Nigeria will kill their talents and zeal sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by BossGerald: 7:38am On Oct 01, 2023
Crimecity:
When an U15 is running 12secs, it's just a matter of time they start chasing Shelly Ann Frazer's records.

All of these reminds me of fedicol games. I hope these young stars are followed up. If not, these will all be for nothing.

Congrats to the girls. Igbo Amaka!

Nice one girl

The sky will be your starting point...shoot for the stars because we gat your back
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by WhisperedNoise: 7:38am On Oct 01, 2023
Go girl!!!
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by jmoore(m): 7:46am On Oct 01, 2023
If only the Athletic federation are competent, these girls will dominate the world.
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by Zupay: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2023
yemmit90:

That is why your country may never move forward. You want a country you can proudly called yours, yet you want every good thing to be remove from her? Instead of you to encourage sport commission to nurture these young talents to become great athletes that will make your country proud, you are here advising their handlers to export them to USA.

The same stupid mentality that made your leaders think their homes doesn't deserve to be good but western countries.

Is not your country?

If Tobi Amusan was not "exported" to the US after her secondary school education in Ijebu Ode through athletic scholarship at University of Texas where Blessing Okagbare got athletic scholarship and blossomed to win medals for Nigeria, would Tobi have achieved world class status today?

How many state sports commissions in Nigeria mired with corruption, nepotism and mismanagement can nurture and sustain world class athletes.......if Nigeria is still importing petrol in 2023, your stupid mentality will continue to select what to rant about.

I repeat, those kids should aim at getting US scholarships to excel in the sport and get quality American education.
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by Zupay: 7:54am On Oct 01, 2023
ATankado:

As per your egbon at the top, supplied them with the substance. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by Zupay: 7:59am On Oct 01, 2023
accordadoga30:
Congrats young woman.

Igbo amaka!!!

Make we celebrate you make e no be like say we are envious of the pigs

Have you taken your antipsychotic medication this morning, remember it is only one tablet and don't overdose.
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by seborrhic: 8:53am On Oct 01, 2023
They need celebrating,despite my suspicions of the timing.
There was a time Nigeria used to consistently produce top sprinters,both male and female,on a consistent basis.
We used to dominate the sprint events,from 100m to 400m in Africa then enter at worst the finals in major world championships.
But now,even Kenya,better known for long distance running has a top class 100m sprinter while in events like 200,400 and now even 100m,Nigeria does not even have qualifying athletes at all!
The guys are now either into yahoo or football while the girls are now into runs or don't find any incentive to go into athletics.
If these 2 girls are nurtured and given incentives,no matter whatever time they may have run here,they can be the future of the sprints in Nigeria.They have the build to go with the sprint events.
One way of producing top athletes from Nigeria used to be through American schooling scholarships where they then get trained while schooling in college abroad and thus participating in athletics events in the US.
Our former stars like Mary onyali,Chidi imoh, Henry amike,etc,are not also doing well.They should be organising things like athletics academies,talent hunts in schools etc,or even finding places for athletics that have passed strict visa criteria to colleges in America,to find girls and boys that would continue carrying the touches they all boldly lit during their illustrious careers.
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by yemmit90: 8:54am On Oct 01, 2023
Zupay:

Is not your country?

If Tobi Amusan was not "exported" to the US after her secondary school education in Ijebu Ode through athletic scholarship at University of Texas where Blessing Okagbare got athletic scholarship and blossomed to win medals for Nigeria, would Tobi have achieved world class status today?

How many state sports commissions in Nigeria mired with corruption, nepotism and mismanagement can nurture and sustain world class athletes.......if Nigeria is still importing petrol in 2023, your stupid mentality will continue to select what to rant about.

I repeat, those kids should aim at getting US scholarships to excel in the sport and get quality American education.

I understand your point clearly even before you say it, that was why I said "instead of you to encourage Sport commission". You can't have a good country if you had already concluded in your mind that things will never get better. Your voice might be little, but goes a long way to make a difference because we are on social media. Development or change start from you and I, if you don't embrace patriotism and preach to others, how do you expect things to change. I would rather prefer our sports in general to take a gradual development rout than Tobi or Okagbare to win few medias at international stage. Unlike white, our individualistic approach to life is one of the key causes of our underdevelopment.

You can't continue to blame those in position of authority, while you believe not in the system. The reason our leaders continue their business as usual is because we have all agreed the system cannot be better.
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by yemmit90: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2023
seborrhic:
They need celebrating,despite my suspicions of the timing.
There was a time Nigeria used to consistently produce top sprinters,both male and female,on a consistent basis.
We used to dominate the sprint events,from 100m to 400m in Africa then enter at worst the finals in major championships.
But now,even Kenya,better known for long distance running has a top class 100m sprinter while in events like 200,400 and now even 100m, Nigeria does not even have athletes at all.
The guys are now either into yahoo or football while the girls are now into runs or don't find any incentive to go into athletics.
If these 2 girls are nurtured and given incentives,no matter whatever time they may have run here,they can be the future of the sprints in Nigeria.They have the build to go with the sprint events.
One way of producing top athletes from Nigeria used to be through American schooling scholarships where they then get trained while schooling in college abroad and thus participating in athletics events in the US.
Our former stars like Mary onyali,Chidi imoh etc,are not also doing well.They should be organising things like athletics academies,talent hunts in schools etc,to find girls and boys that would continue carrying the touches they boldly lit during their careers.

Thank you sir, I love the concluding part of your post, this is the same patriotism I was talking about.
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by seborrhic: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2023
yemmit90:

Thank you sir, I love the concluding part of your post, this is the same patriotism I was talking about.
You also tried to make the point of nurturing these athletics in Nigeria.
But unfortunately,the incentive and facilities are not just here.Unlike football for eg,where there is a regular league(even at that footballers here still struggle till they go abroad),but these girls,asides from this youth games maynot participate in another event till maybe a national games festival next year,if they are lucky to be picked and not overlooked by corrupt officials in their states.
Due to that long period of idleness with no good coaching,if any at all,they become rusty or lose interest.
If they even enter universities here,their athletics career is as good as lost because they are either lost in the rigours of passing,get to do other life things in school or get harassed sexually by guys or even lecturers.
I know many girls that were into sports in sec school,could have been top talents but as they grew with no where to continue their dreams or entered universities or polytechnics,they were completely consumed by other life goals or fun.
In America,these don't apply and they know their continued sponsorship is dependent on them doing well in their chosen sports field,so they would have added incentive to focus and do well.
Even officials here are more interested in how much they can make when in office than helping groom anyone.
Re: Fastest Girl In Nigeria: Lucy Nwankwo Wins Gold In 100m Race At 12.29s. by Zupay: 9:24am On Oct 01, 2023
yemmit90:

I understand your point clearly even before you say it, that was why I said "instead of you to encourage Sport commission". You can't have a good country if you had already concluded in your mind that things will never get better. Your voice might be little, but goes a long way to make a difference because we are on social media. Development or change start from you and I, if you don't embrace patriotism and preach to others, how do you expect things to change. I would rather prefer our sports in general to take a gradual development rout than Tobi or Okagbare to win few medias at international stage. Unlike white, our individualistic approach to life is one of the key causes of our underdevelopment.

You can't continue to blame those in position of authority, while you believe not in the system. The reason our leaders continue their business as usual is because we have all agreed the system cannot be better.

Belief or no belief, Okagbare and hundreds before her in the mold of Mary Onyal, Falllat Ogunkoya, Chidi Imoh etc have used their American development in sport and education to have a better life in their retirement from the sport, what the Nigerian system for decades is fixated on not providing.....I do not have the mindset of continue to mop the floor while the multitude insists that the tap remains open.

Look out for yourself.....that is the unwritten Nigerian creed, to hell to being politically correct, those girls should think of their future by considering the millions of talents/skills being wasted daily in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Media Should Be Reporting Nigerian Army That Are Killed In Biafraland - IPOB / Reno Omokri Criticise Peter Obi For Condemn Demolition Of Illegal Structures. / African Trad Religion Was Largely Abandoned Cos It Couldn't Save Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.