Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday (713 Views)

US Judge, Nancy Maldonado, Orders CSU To Release Tinubu's Records On Monday / President Bola Tinubu Graduated From Our University - CSU To Atiku / Watch As Pantami Blocks Tinubu's Wife From Shaking President Buhari.. VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Thonyb2: 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
President Bola Tinubu has lost his bid to block Chicago State University from releasing his academic records to former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.

The development came after a United States Judge, Nancy Maldonado, adopted all the ruling of Magistrate Judge Jeffrey Gilbert of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, ordering the immediate release of the academic records of Tinubu by the CSU.

Tinubu had objected to the Magistrate Judge Jeffrey Gilbert ruling ordering the immediate release of the academic records by the CSU.

According to the President, releasing the documents with deposition would cause him severe harm because they were private to him and would not be admissible in the ongoing petition against him in Nigeria.

.ng recalls that Atiku, who contested the February 25 presidential election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has been seeking Tinubu’s academic records to establish that he presented a forged certificate to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

However, in her ruling on Saturday, Maldonado said the decision of a lower federal magistrate judge on September 19 was appropriate and adopted it in full.

“The Court overrules President Tinubu’s objections to Magistrate Judge Gilbert’s recommended ruling, and therefore adopts the ruling in full. Mr Abubakar’s application is therefore granted,” the judge ruled.

The Judge also gave CSU until noon on Monday to release the documents and the deposition of officials of CSU completed by 5pm CDT on Tuesday.

“In light of the pending Supreme Court of Nigeria deadline, represented to the court as October 5, 2023, and based on CSU’s representations that it is ready to comply with the discovery requests and produce a witness, the court sets an expedited schedule for completion of discovery,” the judge said.

Maldonado warned that any attempt by Tinubu to appeal the judgement in the district would no longer be tolerated as Abubakar must transfer the collected evidence to the Nigeria’s Supreme Court for use in an ongoing election petition case by October 5.

The judge, however, said Tinubu is free to file his appeal directly before the Seventh Circuit – an appellate court overseeing Illinois and nearby states.

https://.ng/2023/10/01/us-court-blocks-tinubus-appeal-orders-csu-to-give-records-to-atiku-on-monday/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by siofragspot: 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
tongue
Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Feintline: 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2023
The judge, however, said Tinubu is free to file his appeal directly before the Seventh Circuit – an appellate court overseeing Illinois and nearby states.

Tinubu boy bayo onanuga has added his own to give the corn community false hope.

Judge Nancy any appeal or delay tactics will be rejected. Plain english.

1 Like

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by MatrixReloaded: 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2023
If your academic records is intact, then why trembling about the inadmissiblity of its presence in your country apex court.
Well in that case he should withdraw his petition.

4 Likes

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by MRMRMR: 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
Atiku is a drowning man holding onto any strawl.
Now that the court has granted the request, let's see if it will save him from his serial loses or save him from political retirement that the great JAGABAN of Africa has relegated him to .
Also I hope the gullible obidients who survive on propaganda, lies and oddities will not begin another lie or even say that BAT is not the father of Seyi.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by ThiefnubuBandit: 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
Gbola Tilumbu go hear am. Shameless chronic fraudster.

4 Likes

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by magoo10(m): 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2023
so tinubu with all his bullion van and stolen monies couldn't bribe those American judges grin

6 Likes

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Toks2008(m): 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2023
ok nah

Please DJ Chicken play me Peace by Mohbad on autorepeat..

I dey do like say me I no dey see, like say I no dey hear
Which kind person be this? (Oh, oh, ah)
Wetin be this one like this?
Been through many things, lat'aiye genesis , I be dealing with frenemies
Surviver, surviver
Mi o ni gba, mi o ni gba
Money chaser, faster than a bullet
Flying like a rocket
Badman we never rest
King of south and the wеst
Faster than a car, won fe ba mi sa
Faster than a Bеnz oh, ijebu lo lewu le so oh
Bad vibes on the gram (Uhn, uhn, uhn, uhn)
Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Burob: 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2023
MRMRMR:
Now that the court has granted the request, let's see if it will save him from his serial loses or save him from political retirement that the great JAGABAN of Africa has relegated him to .
Also I hope the gullible obidients who survive on propaganda, lies and oddities will not begin another lie or even say that BAT is not the father of Seyi.
They must definitely find another straw to wail to.
Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by DatNiggaDaz: 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2023
Tivnubucracy = Rascality

2 Likes

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Burob: 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2023
magoo10:
so tinubu with all his bullion van and stolen monies couldn't bribe those American judges grin
Waste of time, by Wednesday this week, you would have begun another level of wailing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by BoldBrainz(m): 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2023
MRMRMR:

What's the relationship between Atiku and Peter Obi's supporters?

Mad man!

4 Likes

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Fashionista01(f): 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2023
This is getting so interesting. Let wait and see what the hidden record has in store for us.
Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Burob: 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2023
BoldBrainz:

What's the relationship between Atiku and Peter Obi's supporters?

Mad man!
Perennial Losers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by keymatt(m): 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2023
Story that has been trending since yesterday evening, yet the news is yet to get to front page Suppose Obi's name is in place of Tinubu, agbados would have invaded media houses in Nigeria trending it for months even before US court order yesterday. sad
Seun has been compromised and bought over. agbado urchinns have taken over nairaland.

1 Like

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by magoo10(m): 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2023
Burob:
Waste of time, by Wednesday this week, you would have begun another level of wailing.
ayam not understanding why that judge must rule against tinubu for Atiku that is banner from the US.
a kid like you cannot smell international politics when you see one
Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by BoldBrainz(m): 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2023
Burob:
Perennial Losers.

Criminal!

1 Like

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by kk2027: 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2023
MRMRMR:

Atuku is digracing your paymaster, you're calling obidients

Are you ok?

4 Likes

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Burob: 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
magoo10:
ayam not understanding why that judge must rule against tinubu for Atiku that is banner from the US.
a kid like you cannot smell international politics when you see one
Mumu, come Thursday guaranteed you will curse your Master for been a Mumu & deceiving you, if you weren’t one you would have known that Bola Tinubu’s social security number contains all his biometric details.

Did he graduate from Chitown State University, Yes or No?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by keymatt(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
If your academic records is intact, then why trembling about the inadmissiblity of its presence in your country apex court.
Well in that case he should withdraw his petition.
A person willing to spend millions of dollars public money to hide his so called first class results shows the person is nothing but a dubious fellow.

1 Like

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Toks2008(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
MRMRMR:

Guy i know how you feel..infact i feel your pain but please have a little shame i mean just a little and SHUSH.

I am happy that no more appeal will be entertained.

However, in what is said to be a final judgment, Judge Nancy Maldonado ordered Tinubu’s academic records to be released and further warned Tinubu against further appeal as the Court would not entertain such.
Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by socialmediaman: 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
Does this image tell the story?

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by rinzaugustine: 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2023
The police men that killed Anini would be full of regrets today because Lawrence Anini was brave and courageous compared to his fellow coward criminal -emilokan who is not only a CSU certificate forger but also a mandate thief, drug baron and an identity theft fraudster

1 Like

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by keymatt(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2023
MRMRMR:
See agbado who can't boast of owning a wheel barrow calling someone richer than his entire lineage a drowning man 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by magoo10(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2023
Burob:
Mumu, come Thursday guaranteed you will curse your Master for been a Mumu & deceiving you, if you weren’t one you would have known that Bola Tinubu’s social security number contains all his biometric details la.
insulting me show say you don dey cry there grin just take your frustrations to atiku who is tormenting that old druggie and certificate forger grin grin

1 Like

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Iytech(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2023
Why is this news not on the front page yet?

1 Like

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by MRMRMR: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2023
keymatt:
See agbado who can't boast of owning a wheel barrow calling someone richer than his entire lineage a drowning man 🤣🤣🤣🤣
See online urchins grin proud to call atiku rich by stealing ur destiny and common wealth.
Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by MRMRMR: 2:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
Toks2008:

Guy i know how you feel..infact i feel your pain but please have a little shame i mean just a little and SHUSH.

I am happy that no more appeal will be entertained.

However, in what is said to be a final judgment, Judge Nancy Maldonado ordered Tinubu’s academic records to be released and further warned Tinubu against further appeal as the Court would not entertain such.
See wailers, they live on false hope, by Nov 6 after supreme court judgement another round of wailing will start.
Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by ican2020: 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
Oh
Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by West501(m): 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
This news supposed to be in front Page.

1 Like

Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Vinnie2000(m): 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
Druggie must go! 😒

We can't have such a DUBIOUS and CROOKED CHARACTER as president of Nigeria, in this 21St century. 😏😕
Re: US Court Blocks Tinubu’s Appeal, Orders CSU To Give Records To Atiku On Monday by Miracle2020: 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2023
I swear Tinubu no resemble president

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Drowning In Sea Of Criminal Forgery; My Records Too Tight To Smear / They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread / Tinubu: I’ll Solve Farmer-herder Crisis In Three Weeks If Governors Provide Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.